INTENSE-Racing.com Intense Racing is a proud Supporting Vendor

The OFFICIAL Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge Problem Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The OFFICIAL Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge Problem Thread

For all those with the Aeroforce Interceptor Guage SS Edition WITH the shift lights, please post here if you are (or have had) having problems with it and please describe them. Intense and Aeroforce need to know that the problem with these gauges is more widespread than they think. Thanks for your help.

I'll start:

PROBLEM: LCD failure
FIXED: Yes, by Aeroforce - total cost to return and have item sent back $60 CAD
UPDATE: LCD is failing again - takes up to 10 mins for LCD to display after car is started and will intermittenly shut off while car is on - shift lights still work though

PS Not to mention Intense sent the wrong colour background gauge to begin with but I thought it would be more of a hassle to return it for the right one - man was I wrong about that!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Doc

Is this an issue with Intense or Aeroforce..??
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Intense is the VENDOR and Aeroforce is the SUPPLIER. I paid Intense and therefore would expect some support from them as well as the supplier. This is just a thread to determine how many others are having issues with this product. Is that OK Doc??
Old 06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Doc

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
Intense is the VENDOR and Aeroforce is the SUPPLIER. I paid Intense and therefore would expect some support from them as well as the supplier. This is just a thread to determine how many others are having issues with this product. Is that OK Doc??
I know who makes the Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge I was trying to clarify the issue so others may contribute. Usually, if you buy a product from a supplier/vendor and have issues with it, the supplier/vendor will try to make good on it, ultimately it is the manufacturer that is liable for the product not the supplier.

BTW Memphisr24 started a thread about the gauge, why not continuing to contribute to that thread instead of making an entirely new one.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine just stoped working today....

it worked fine for a week or so....then today the screen wont "start up" it turns blue and the shift lights flash and still work but none of the information shows.

i got mine from PYFC.com..

i've contacted them AND aeroforce....

for the tune i'm runing and playin around with i NEED this dam gauge

ANYBODY ELSE HAVEING ANY PROBLUMS WITH THIS GAUGE NO MATTER WHERE U GOT IT?????
Old 06-15-2006, 10:41 PM

come on we cant be the only 2 people with problums....i know we arnt!!!

POST UP PEOPLE!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:46 AM

I have this problem. Gauge worked fine for one week. Now it takes up to 45 minutes before I get information on the screen to be displayed. It still lights up at start up, the lcd is lit, but no info is displayed.

I need this gauge as well. I still don't have 42 lb injectors and I'm watching for KR's near redline because of my lean condition.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Once again you all should have bought a Saturn. I had no problems with my gauge in the 3 months I had it. I bought direct also.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:09 AM

My back light didn't work, but they quickly replaced it. There should be a one year manufacturers warranty, especially how expensive they are.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:11 AM

Can you also post when you received the gauge. This may help Aeroforce isolate where the manufacturing defect occured. It seems that the problems are occuring with gauages bought and received within the month of April and May 2006.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:27 PM

PROBLEM: Wouldnt work in my car. Worked in my bro's redline
RESOLUTION: Sent back to aeroforce. costed 4.00 US mail to ship it back, was back to me within a week. Said was not programed for my car. Hooked up and worked great after this.

UPDATE: About 2 weeks after I got it back from above the Screen stopped displaying info. It hadnt worked for the last 24 hours. Sent email havent recieved response yet. It all off a sudden started to work again today.... IM not kool with this thing picking and choosing when to work. Will ask to send back for replacement.

I think the sun beating on it may have something to do with this? I noticed on hot days the colors where not as defined when I was using it. I now put up a sun shield in my front window to keep this from happening, but I didnt have problems with the sun beating on it. This thing died after using the sun shield
Old 06-16-2006, 02:57 PM

Thanks everyone for replying so far. Although the LCD will come on intermittently, this should not be happening. I'm in communication with Todd @ Aeroforce and I will be forwarding this thread to him so that WE ALL GET REPLACEMENTS.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
PROBLEM: Wouldnt work in my car. Worked in my bro's redline
RESOLUTION: Sent back to aeroforce. costed 4.00 US mail to ship it back, was back to me within a week. Said was not programed for my car. Hooked up and worked great after this.

UPDATE: About 2 weeks after I got it back from above the Screen stopped displaying info. It hadnt worked for the last 24 hours. Sent email havent recieved response yet. It all off a sudden started to work again today.... IM not kool with this thing picking and choosing when to work. Will ask to send back for replacement.

I think the sun beating on it may have something to do with this? I noticed on hot days the colors where not as defined when I was using it. I now put up a sun shield in my front window to keep this from happening, but I didnt have problems with the sun beating on it. This thing died after using the sun shield
I thought it was the heat from the sun...I've blocked my gauge with a cardboard folder ever since my problem started happening...doesn't help. It's weird...it's not like it comes on gradually....it does not display info, and then it just pops up at a random time...no fading in, just displays the info. However, now it's not even working anymore.

If you look closely at a certain angle, you can still read the information EVER SO SLIGHTLY! I mean you have to take a magniying glass to see it. So the gauge still displays info and the shift lights work but it's just not bright I guess.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:41 AM

UPDATE from AEROFORCE

This is the response I got from Todd @ Aeroforce - judge for yourself.

"We need to figure out what GM did to the '06 Cobalt that is blowing out the LCD's on some of these cars. No other GM car is doing this. If I send you one right now it will most certainly fail again in your car in a few weeks, the same gauge will work for years in any other GM car. If you don't want to wait, I'll refund your money now. I don't know how long it will take. It's a shame that GM cannot be consistent with their products. We are eliminating the power wire on the '05 Cobalts, but cannot on the '06 because the bus configuration is different. It's no wonder they are headed towards bankrupcy."
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM

So we have determined that it is an 06 only problem...right?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:45 AM

Apparently so
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

maybe you all hooked it up wrong!

lol
Old 06-20-2006, 10:10 AM

I hope so, I don't mean anything towards the 06 owners, but just that is good cuz mine is an 05...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 AM

Well folks, looks like I'm sending mine back for a refund - I'm out $130 CAD between shipping, taxes and duties and I have asolutely nothing to show for it - BEWARE!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
Well folks, looks like I'm sending mine back for a refund - I'm out $130 CAD between shipping, taxes and duties and I have asolutely nothing to show for it - BEWARE!!!
Thanks a lot 2006ArrivalBlueSS. You forgot to mention that I've refunded all your shipping charges so far to have your gauge looked at, something practically unheard of from a manufacturer. I also explained to you that we are just becoming aware of this problem with SOME '06 Cobalts. Give us a break, it's not like we've knowingly been selling a defective product. The local '06 that we did all the testing on has not had any issues with his in 6 months. Because of this we thought the Cobalts were a done deal. GM has changed something or has variations on this particular car that we need to figure out. I told you if you could be a little patient it will get worked out. I'm also sorry the Canadian government makes shipping so difficult and expensive. I can't control that any more that I can control GM's lack of consistency in their cars.

This will eventually get resolved, just like an issue we had with '98 Grand Prix's and '04 GMC Denali's. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of GM models made between 1996 and 2006, and some of these get changed during the same model year. If you have one of these gauges and are having this problem, you won't get stuck with a worthless gauge. Now that we're aware of this it is being corrected.

I really don't understand why you're so belligerent all of a sudden. A couple days ago you thanked me for the support I've provided so far. I told you I would send another gauge as soon as we had a fix, at which time you could return yours. I doubt you'll get that offer from many places.

Todd
Aeroforce Technology Inc.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie
Thanks a lot 2006ArrivalBlueSS. You forgot to mention that I've refunded all your shipping charges so far to have your gauge looked at, something practically unheard of from a manufacturer. I also explained to you that we are just becoming aware of this problem with SOME '06 Cobalts. Give us a break, it's not like we've knowingly been selling a defective product. The local '06 that we did all the testing on has not had any issues with his in 6 months. Because of this we thought the Cobalts were a done deal. GM has changed something or has variations on this particular car that we need to figure out. I told you if you could be a little patient it will get worked out. I'm also sorry the Canadian government makes shipping so difficult and expensive. I can't control that any more that I can control GM's lack of consistency in their cars.

This will eventually get resolved, just like an issue we had with '98 Grand Prix's and '04 GMC Denali's. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of GM models made between 1996 and 2006, and some of these get changed during the same model year. If you have one of these gauges and are having this problem, you won't get stuck with a worthless gauge. Now that we're aware of this it is being corrected.

I really don't understand why you're so belligerent all of a sudden. A couple days ago you thanked me for the support I've provided so far. I told you I would send another gauge as soon as we had a fix, at which time you could return yours. I doubt you'll get that offer from many places.

Todd
Aeroforce Technology Inc.
Thanks Todd. What time frame are we talking about here? 1 week, 1 month or 1 year. I can be patient but up to a point. These gauges are almost $300 CAD, not $30 - so we're not talking a small sum. What reassurances are you giving those that purchased this gauge that a fix will be in place soon. If you would be so kind as to share this with everyone then I will consider your offer.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 PM

What we need to do is find a Cobalt SS here in the States willing to try a couple different "corrected" gauges. It may take a return shipment or two as well. I'd love to send them to you but we all know that won't work with customs. We'll make it worthwhile to whomever we get to volunteer. This car has to already have proven to have this problem though. The local Cobalts (3) that I have access to were early '06's, and they don't have this problem. We already had one here, the idea was to remove the power wire and let the filtered OBD2 port 12v (non-switched) power the gauge. This didn't work because the '06 has a redundant CAN bus which the '05 doesn't have, and this bus prevented the gauge from turning on/off properly. I won't go into any more gory details. The options are to provide increased filtering (one theory is that the '06 has a very harsh electrical system), or use the CAN bus instead of the old VPW one. The latter will allow the use of the OBD2 power - which is the ultimate goal. I'm hoping at worse it takes 2-4 weeks to have a fix for this. As you already know, the gauges work as is for a couple weeks or more, so I can't be premature in declaring a victory over this until some time has passed. Thanks for your patience, we'll get this worked out.

Todd
Aeroforce
Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 PM

My cobalt is an 05 and i'm having problems with it. The lcd screen is not blown, it works SOMETIMES. It just worked today. As soon as I turned the car on a second time today though, it did not work. I don't know what could possibly be wrong, unless the wire that we are wiring it too is not a good/correct wire to be hooking it up to.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie
What we need to do is find a Cobalt SS here in the States willing to try a couple different "corrected" gauges. It may take a return shipment or two as well. I'd love to send them to you but we all know that won't work with customs. We'll make it worthwhile to whomever we get to volunteer. This car has to already have proven to have this problem though. The local Cobalts (3) that I have access to were early '06's, and they don't have this problem. We already had one here, the idea was to remove the power wire and let the filtered OBD2 port 12v (non-switched) power the gauge. This didn't work because the '06 has a redundant CAN bus which the '05 doesn't have, and this bus prevented the gauge from turning on/off properly. I won't go into any more gory details. The options are to provide increased filtering (one theory is that the '06 has a very harsh electrical system), or use the CAN bus instead of the old VPW one. The latter will allow the use of the OBD2 power - which is the ultimate goal. I'm hoping at worse it takes 2-4 weeks to have a fix for this. As you already know, the gauges work as is for a couple weeks or more, so I can't be premature in declaring a victory over this until some time has passed. Thanks for your patience, we'll get this worked out.

Todd
Aeroforce
Hey Todd

I've been in contact with you via-email and you've told me to send mine back and all that and unlike the other guy i've been impressed with how you've handled this.

if GM is not constant that how can you know about it and how can you compinsate for it.

what i ask is i'm not all that far from...i'm in SouthEastern MI and if i can i'd be more then happy to try one of these "corrected" gauges your speking of

like me know...eather here or at Volkldude@aol.com

on a side note tho....i dont know if this matters BUT my car is an odd one its a 2005 body number with a 2006 ECU and some other parts are also an 06 model run.

i got the car thro a huge hook up in GM so its a lil odd.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:35 PM

I just wanted to clarify that I am not upset by the way Todd is handling this problem - I am rather impressesd. I guess I am more frustrated that the product doesn't work at this point than anything else. Todd is doing everything possible to make us happy and for this I am truly appreciative. Sorry for the confusion and for potentially harming the excellent reputation of the Aeroforce brand.

BTW - my car was built 08/12/05 so it is one of the first 2006's that rolled off the assembly line as well

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge Problem Thread