The Official Midwest Meet: Chicago, IL - April 4-6, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoffa
^ we're going to be doing PLENTY of cruising my friend... don't worry

SPRINGS SPRINGS SPRINGS!!!

so what exactly is the Saturday plan
? CED.... and what day will we be cruisin' with the swarm of 50+ balts?
I really think going north into Wisconsin would be fun... and we could stop at the lake for pics and the Brat Stop for Beer and Brats?
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM

^ we're going to be doing PLENTY of cruising my friend... don't worry

SPRINGS SPRINGS SPRINGS!!!
Yea I figure if the shop isnt open on saturday, its not that big of a deal for me to go up early on friday.

Soooo how lame is it that my mom is checking into my room for me and my friends? ROFL I feel sooooo cool!

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot

I really think going north into Wisconsin would be fun... and we could stop at the lake for pics and the Brat Stop for Beer and Brats?
Saturday day will be the big meet at CED, when that is over I would guess we would all go for a big cruise for awhile. And then have a huge party. oohhhhh wait, this enitre thing is a huge party YAY!

Last edited by 07 SS/SC; 02-10-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Im best buds with 07 ss/sc and boostn07 and they have invited me to come along for yalls event- ill be bringing my 05 gto so hopefully yall wont hate on some v8 muscle
Old 02-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

Hehehe you call new GTO's V8 muscle......That made me giggle like a little school girl.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ls2goat05
Im best buds with 07 ss/sc and boostn07 and they have invited me to come along for yalls event- ill be bringing my 05 gto so hopefully yall wont hate on some v8 muscle
Spence dont get mad when you race a balt and see tail lights!! ......zzzzzzzzzz Huh, oh sorry, I was dreaming again, its gonna be a badass weekend. Each time you blow my doors off Ill be sure to tell you if your tail lights are dirty!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:53 PM

after the meet, we will all be cruisin down to a huge ass park for a huge ass cookout.

someone on the list know's the park we are going to

Originally Posted by jekqmb
Hehehe you call new GTO's V8 muscle......That made me giggle like a little school girl.
you make me giggle like a lil school girl

Last edited by hoffa; 02-10-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 07 SS/SC
Saturday day will be the big meet at CED, when that is over I would guess we would all go for a big cruise for awhile. And then have a huge party. oohhhhh wait, this enitre thing is a huge party YAY!
meeting at CED at what time? cruise in the AM before CED? will CED be an all day event? are we gonna cruise over to STREETS of WOODFIELD that nite? I want to see a schedule of events!!!!

TOM...when are you opening the doors at CED? oh and closing them
Old 02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

after the meet, we will all be cruisin down to a huge ass park for a huge ass cookout.

someone on the list know's the park we are going to

you make me giggle like a lil school girl

O'really do i now????
Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM

last time i checked pontiac was domestic- and being a rwd v8 car and also being produced with the gto name- kinda makes it a new era muscle car- but to each his own-
Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 PM

meeting at CED at what time? cruise in the AM before CED? will CED be an all day event? are we gonna cruise over to STREETS of WOODFIELD that nite? I want to see a schedule of events!!!!

TOM...when are you opening the doors at CED? oh and closing them
i thought i had something like that up on the first page...

hmm... i'll get something up later this evening when im out of work.

but.. door's open at ced at 9am, going till 5pm. after that is the tentative cruise to a park for a huge grill out.

saturday night is up in the air still...

O'really do i now????
especially when you try to play guitar hero...

Last edited by hoffa; 02-10-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 04:51 PM

but.. door's open at ced at 9am, going till 5pm. after that is the tentative cruise to a park for a huge grill out.

I thought after the meet at CED we were making a big fire and sitting around it while u told us the "knee" story? I keed I keed
Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Thats what I wanted but I got a Email from CED (not tom) saying they didnt think the shop would be open on saturday for work. I reallly hope it is tho so I can cruise up with all my friends.

Shaking my head, I guess I must not have any control with the ppl at CED... I have closed the Service dept for the day so that they will only be there to work on Cobalts (club members cars).

It will be very limited as to what we can have them doing though as they will only be there for the morning and any big projects IE dual side pass covers with opt B just take too much time so they won't be able to do those.

I will try and post up something official in the next couple of weeks as far as service work goes.

Also, if you have any questions about this meet at CED please email me. The main email account going to the CED web site is answered by someone else.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM

I thought after the meet at CED we were making a big fire and sitting around it while u told us the "knee" story? I keed I keed
as long as you bring the **** for smores
Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM

saturday night is up in the air still...
9 am at CED it is.... this should be the largest Cobalt event at CED to date

OK and where is everybody going to be on Friday Night?
Old 02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by COBALTlove
is it april yet??? and i want ccs.net when im stuck on the side of the road. hungover and a blown tire.

NSCHICOBALT what town do you live in??

oh yeah and isit ok if i bring a few ppl that don't have cobalts or no??? just wonderin. idk??? is that like against the rules?? cuz i can bring

2, rsx type s's
3, supras
1, wrx
2, miatas
5, eclipse gts's <-- one has over 20,000 put into it.
1, honda si
2, sti's
2, sert 4's
2, del sol's
This is what our plans are as of right now, All the Cobalts and Ion's are going to be the first vehicles inside.

If we have room for non Balts/Ion's inside I will have a special place for them in another part of the shop.

If we get a nice enough day to be outside we will be out there but once again I want to group the Balts in one area, Ion's in another etc.
Because this is officially a CSS.net meet I want the Cobalts and Ions to be in the main parts of the building.

We may open up the main show room for display as well and if so I will need some choice cars that will be able to be there early and willing to be the last ones to leave because the show room will be a bit hard to get in and out of. I will be posting more about that in the next couple of weeks as well.

Originally Posted by CrateEngineDepot

Hey thats alright with me. You can put all the balts in a circle like a wagon train and have a camp fire in the center... Sorry no beans!!![/QUOTE]

i just pee'd
If there are going to be hundreds of us there we will need a pretty big fire to make smores.
I think (now this is only me thinking here, we use a non Balt for the bonfire.
I suggest we find a virgin non Balt, (oh wait that might be hard to do) to sacrifice for the bonfire.

Thoughts?

Last edited by CrateEngineDepot; 02-10-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 06:11 PM

as long as you bring the **** for smores
Smores!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM

This is what our plans are as of right now, All the Cobalts and Ion's are going to be the first vehicles inside.

If we have room for non Balts/Ion's inside I will have a special place for them in another part of the shop.

If we get a nice enough day to be outside we will be out there but once again I want to group the Balts in one area, Ion's in another etc.
Because this is officially a CSS.net meet I want the Cobalts and Ions to be in the main parts of the building.

We may open up the main show room for display as well and if so I will need some choice cars that will be able to be there early and willing to be the last ones to leave because the show room will be a bit hard to get in and out of. I will be posting more about that in the next couple of weeks as well.

If there are going to be hundreds of us there we will need a pretty big fire to make smores.
I think (now this is only me thinking here, we use a non Balt for the bonfire.
I suggest we find a virgin non Balt, (oh wait that might be hard to do) to sacrifice for the bonfire.

Thoughts?

ROFL dont use my car for the fire please!!! lol. I would offer to put my car on the showroom that is if you go ahead and do that, but I think my car will be in the shop for a bit if the springs are going on the saturday of the meet. I call spot number one for getting service work done . Just joking, thanks for all your hard work tom, hoffa and everyone else!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NSChiCobalt
Smores!!!!!!
is that the after hangover munchies kicking in?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:38 PM

is that the after hangover munchies kicking in?
haha. no my head is killing me right now....but I think thats because I had to spend $600 I don't have on my stupid car....springs are sitting in the box till I can afford to have them put in. Bummer. Remember that extra cash i was going to work on my car with?
HA!

Ok, lets not lie. Im still hungover.

Good thing tho, cause Im not going out for a llllooonnnnggg time.
Oh.. and...

Old 02-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor

haha. no my head is killing me right now....but I think thats because I had to spend $600 I don't have on my stupid car....springs are sitting in the box till I can afford to have them put in. Bummer. Remember that extra cash i was going to work on my car with?
HA!

Oh.. and...

PM sent
Old 02-10-2008, 07:52 PM

HA!

Oh.. and...

that sucks time to buy new rims (wink wink)

agreed

Last edited by poppagun; 02-10-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 07:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going up to WI is a great idea. We could do the things that you have listed or we could rent out GLD for the day like Tom had mentioned earlier in this thread. Drag racing all day with a cook out would be a blast. The only problem with the GLD idea is that that will mean more traveling for the people that have already come a long way and those people might not want to make runs with the fear of breaking because they have a long drive home. Also some Team Rev people have thought of going up to our local cruising place near Milwaukee sometime that weekend.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stealthy1ss
Going up to WI is a great idea. We could do the things that you have listed or we could rent out GLD for the day like Tom had mentioned earlier in this thread. Drag racing all day with a cook out would be a blast. The only problem with the GLD idea is that that will mean more traveling for the people that have already come a long way and those people might not want to make runs with the fear of breaking because they have a long drive home. Also some Team Rev people have thought of going up to our local cruising place near Milwaukee sometime that weekend.
im willing to show people how to get to hwy.

i mean it would be cool to get them to see the local scene. i mean christ its probly some of the best old school crusin in the states
Old 02-10-2008, 11:07 PM

Im in Lockport....but I grew up in Vernon Hills and thats where my parents are so there too....lol
lockport nice im out that way all the time!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:14 AM

HA!

Oh.. and...

holy ****!

you know... if tom gives me the right tools, i can get your springs on for you

did mine myself

9 am at CED it is.... this should be the largest Cobalt event at CED to date

OK and where is everybody going to be on Friday Night?
friday night is a meet and greet at the hotel.

check in is at 3. people will be getting in between there and late into the night. i personally plan on sticking around the hotel just to meet everyone as they come in. if people wanna go out on there own, thats cool. but friday night is mostly just stick around the hotel so everyone meets everyone.

Last edited by hoffa; 02-11-2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: The Official Midwest Meet: Chicago, IL - April 4-6, 2008