Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Indiana balts Labor Day Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I believe I will be going to Kings Island that weekend. However I put in for the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10th for vacation days. lol, However I still will not be able to go that weekend. If this fails thru I'm more than happy to try for another day..
Old 08-22-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im way the f**k up north but im down for sure. i mean i really would liek to meet sumwhere centrally located so im not puttin a zillion miles on my car, im sure i can bring 2 balts as well
Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 PM

I'll subscribe to it. I am deff. down. just need to know a time and place. i also have two other cobalts willing to go. one is a for sure. i'm on the west side by danville. so somewhere west or south is good for me but i'm flexible.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:55 PM

I would be down if I knew were this was. I am in Louisville, Ky.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 PM

now we need to decided on a date and location to meet
Probaly a good place to eat,
Were we wana cruise

I was hoping for saturday September 1 maybe later in the afternoon like 6 (which is really 5 with bs daylight savings time) we meet up maybe somewere in Indy since ppl from ohio, & kentucky wanna attend!! (rep +1 for anyone driving more than a hour!!!)

I'm sure everyone will be hungry so we need to pick a place to eat

If you like bbq theirs a place called GT souths here in Indy that has the BEST pulled pork sandwich platter you will ever eat for around $5.50

Hopefully the heat wont be too bad and we can get pics of everyone and their rides!!!

Finally after everyone has meet each other and had a great time we have to kick it up a notch..... we gotta cruise......
If you know good places to cruise besides greenwood please post up
I dont care if we roll on the interstate or nice country roads(pot hole free)

PLEASE PPL WE GOTTA GET YOUR INPUT FAST

WHERE ARE WE GONNA MEET?
is Indy ok so its centrally located

WHAT DATE AN TIME DO WE WANNA MEET?
I was thinking Saturday cuzz greenwood is awseome from 8pm to 1 am with every kinda ride you can imagine!!! oh and bikes doing wheelies too =)

WHERE WE WANNA EAT?

WHERE ARE WE GONNA ROLL AT???

Oh and if anyone wants some really nice downtonw pics with their rides I know of a parking garage downtown that we can go and park on the top floor around the time the sun sets and get some AWESOME pics of your car and downtown
Just imagine if we could get a fleet of balts all in one pic=)

oh and if you can bring more ppl that have balts out do it the more the better
If you showed interest in this event I added your name let me know if your not avalible
so lets update the list

Indiana crusie
1)PROZAK
2)cobaltstg
3)Stevesblack06
4)ifknrock09
5)quicksiler41
Old 08-23-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well indy is like 2 maybe 2.5 hours from me depending on traffic and how fast i drive but like i said i can possibly bring 2 balts with me plus a few girls so i suppose im game we need to exchange #s so possibly if there are ppl that lived sumwhere on the way to the meet they could meet up and cruze the rest of the way together.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:00 AM

i am game for whatever. i can meet up downtown and eat wherever. i'm close to indy so it doesn't matter to me. greenwood is about the best place to cruise at night. but if you want a fun little road before that. S.R. 46 down by Columbus and Bloomington is badass. so ya all i need is a time and place and i'll be there. i will be bringing one other balt with me.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:35 PM

hey, you can put me down for being there. anywhere in indy or on the west/south side (or even the north or east sides, really) would be fine with me.

i'm almost 100% sure I could make it.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:15 PM

i will be able to make it too.. we just need to find a place that is easy for me to find ... i have never traveled to indy so something easy or i could meet up with someone and they could show me the way
Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 PM

Well Im officially not going to make it. Though I want to, but ol'lady is set on heading to Kings Island that weekend. Driving there friday night, all day at park sat. spend the night sat. night then driving back Sunday morning. So my weekend will be shot as far as meeting up with everyone. However in case anyone is free that following week and weekend I'm off from the 1st to the 10th. I could be game for something then.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltstg2
i will be able to make it too.. we just need to find a place that is easy for me to find ... i have never traveled to indy so something easy or i could meet up with someone and they could show me the way
you will need to take I-69 south it looks like from Fort Wayne to Indy its 135 miles if we meet in greenwood!?!

Originally Posted by jboll
Well Im officially not going to make it. Though I want to, but ol'lady is set on heading to Kings Island that weekend. Driving there friday night, all day at park sat. spend the night sat. night then driving back Sunday morning. So my weekend will be shot as far as meeting up with everyone. However in case anyone is free that following week and weekend I'm off from the 1st to the 10th. I could be game for something then.

I'm sure I'll be cruising all week since I finally got my stage 2 installed
gas mileage

Indiana crusie
1)PROZAK
2)cobaltstg
3)Stevesblack06
4)ifknrock09
5)quicksiler41
6)neodude101
7)Mr.Slobalt
8)guest balts sounds like several

Originally Posted by spike
i would but my motor is in three diffrent places right know...........haha
anderson huh... cobaltstg2 will by driving by on the way to indy maybe he could pick you up

I tried pm everyone my number pm me back if you didnt recieve the message

Last edited by proZak; 08-24-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Hmm, I was thinking it was going to be Sunday or something. Put me down for Saturday then. I'll just hang around Noblesville after work, then head over to the meet up spot.

I'll need someone's phone number just in case I can't make it or I get lost.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 PM

sorry for the caps lock I like to yell to make my point sometimes=)

THE DATE IS OFFICALLY SAT SEPTEMBER 1 Starts AT FOUR P.M.

WE ARE GOING TO MEET ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF INDY AT SOUTH US 31 AND THOMPSON AVE. SINCE THIS WILL BE A EASY LOCATION FOR EVERYONE TO FIND

AS SOON AS YOU GET ON SOUTH 31 FROM I-465 GET IN THE FAR RIGHT LANE YOU WILL COME TO A TRAFFIC LIGHT, THATS EMERSON AVE THEIR WILL BE A TACO BELL ON THE CORNER TURN RIGHT ONTO EMERSON AVE AND RIGHT INTO THE PARKING LOT BEHIND TACO BELL

I've pmd all ppl that wanna attend my ph# if you didn't get my message pm back

oh yeah and if you have read this thread and dont wanna commit to making it out but when saturday rolls around and your bored, try to make it out I'm sure no one in Indy will be able to miss a fleet of chevy cobalts flocked together

We can meet at the parking lot and introduce everyone to each other and depending on the weather and everyones appetite where we go from there
I'm sure that will give ppl a good HOUR window to get to our location

so lets say by 5:15 we leave to get something to eat

7:00 finished eating make our way to get some group pics before we it gets too dark outside and our windshields are covered in bug gutz too

maybe 7:30 7:45 we can either cruise out in the sticks or we can go to Greenwood and play with the mustangs, srts, vettes, camaros, vipers, lotus elises, and of course all the honda's that you can imagine.....

If you have never cruised on 31 just imagine about your local strip.... being 15 miles long .... with a 2 mile dag stip with 3 lanes open wide open and concrete barries so no cops, and at the end of that you get to do a legal u -turn and go back threw the the same 2 mile track were you just blew through usally chasing down gtos and camaros ( I dont support street racing!?! all racing should be done on a track.... sometimes the cobalts have a problem with the acclerator pedal gettin glued to the floor it usually goes away when you press in the clutch but as soon as you release the clutch pedal their the gas pedal goes.. back to the floor)

what ever we do I just want everyone that makes it out to have a good time and feel welcome!!!

Last edited by proZak; 08-24-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:27 PM

this sounds like fun.. the only way i will not be able to make it is if it rains... then we need to set a rain date
Old 08-25-2007, 06:26 PM

I drove past the place I wanted us to meet at and their were bulldozers in the parking lot so I think we better pick a diffrent place to meet
I'll post back later when I can think of a easy place to find and enough parking for all of us
Old 08-25-2007, 06:38 PM

there are many places to meet in greenwood. if you are wanting to stay close to the interstate for the initial meet then we could meet at the mcdonalds on the right just past taco bell. or where everyone meets at on friday and saturday night at Burlington. it down 31 just a little further and its parking lot is huge. there is a mcdonalds, la bamba, steak and shake, and many other places to eat right in that erea.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 PM

yeah I was trying to make it easy for ppl coming from out of town to find us... the mcdonalds is a good idea its just what a half a block past the taco bell?

I think ppl might get lost if we meet in the heart of greenwood ...
Old 08-26-2007, 12:24 PM

can't miss the golden arches

I'm pretty sure I know where this is at since I used to cruise down there. The problem being that I wasn't driving each time haha.

Isn't there a motel or apartment complex that always has the parking lot filled with cars? I think it's on 31. Not sure. Everything from classic American muscle to modern-day American muscle. Cars with slicks, wheelie bars........
Old 08-26-2007, 12:48 PM

We may make it out there. I know there are a couple Cobalts around here that I told and they are interestd in going. I will let you know if we all will come. If we do there will be 5-6 of us.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 PM

yeah the mcdonalds lot shold be easy to find. its just a block down the road and like slowbalt said can't miss the arches. i should have two balts with me.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:11 PM

Well I wish I could make it but I hope you all have a good time. Maybe next time.

Just be safe !!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 PM

I'm gonna go and buy some wax tonight and clean up my car for this weekend, it looks like a two tone black/dirty black!!

Me and two of my friends rolled out greenwood last saturday night pretty much all night...when we get to south 31 we immediatly saw a fleet of cars that we wanted to roll with 3 cobalts, saturn redline, nissan sentra R, nissan 350z conv.

as we are going north on 31 we all get lined up at a red light as my friend tries talking crap to this bad ass sentra and it made me kinda nervous... so as I'm waiting for the light to turn...... everyone's engine idling at about 2500 to 3000rpms ... the light turns green and off we go I floor it ... hit the top of first and when I go to slam it into second.......it wont go.... I try again... it wont go ... I look up in my rearview mirror (which is a waste of time cuzz you cant see with the wing anyways) and I about $hit cuzz the 350z was not expecting me to go from ***** out to idle at 20mph..... I'm sure I pissed him off but I didn't mean too... you wouldn't have been able to put a sheet of paper between my bumper and his the way it looked in my rearview mirror. But after that awsome experiecne we got to see one more special event

At thompson and 31 we all get the red light so here we are waiting for the green and all of a sudden you hear a loud ass BAM and when I looked over I saw a minivan sailing past me with the rear caved in... looked on the other side of the intersection were he was parked and their was a GMC sierra with the hole front end smashed flat... he hit the van soo hard he threw it through the intersection.....
when the light turned green we pulled over to see if we could help but since it was on the other side of the street and we had parked in the street it was better to let the ppl that already stopped behind the truck to help out ...
the guy wasnt hurt too bad I neither was the occupants in the van it was just a hell of a hard hit

after that we all stopped at steak and shake for a few to meet .. I looked at my watch and it was 2am so I knew I better get my ass home....
Old 08-28-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by proZak
I'm gonna go and buy some wax tonight and clean up my car for this weekend, it looks like a two tone black/dirty black!!

Me and two of my friends rolled out greenwood last saturday night pretty much all night...when we get to south 31 we immediatly saw a fleet of cars that we wanted to roll with 3 cobalts, saturn redline, nissan sentra R, nissan 350z conv.

as we are going north on 31 we all get lined up at a red light as my friend tries talking crap to this bad ass sentra and it made me kinda nervous... so as I'm waiting for the light to turn...... everyone's engine idling at about 2500 to 3000rpms ... the light turns green and off we go I floor it ... hit the top of first and when I go to slam it into second.......it wont go.... I try again... it wont go ... I look up in my rearview mirror (which is a waste of time cuzz you cant see with the wing anyways) and I about $hit cuzz the 350z was not expecting me to go from ***** out to idle at 20mph..... I'm sure I pissed him off but I didn't mean too... you wouldn't have been able to put a sheet of paper between my bumper and his the way it looked in my rearview mirror. But after that awsome experiecne we got to see one more special event

At thompson and 31 we all get the red light so here we are waiting for the green and all of a sudden you hear a loud ass BAM and when I looked over I saw a minivan sailing past me with the rear caved in... looked on the other side of the intersection were he was parked and their was a GMC sierra with the hole front end smashed flat... he hit the van soo hard he threw it through the intersection.....
when the light turned green we pulled over to see if we could help but since it was on the other side of the street and we had parked in the street it was better to let the ppl that already stopped behind the truck to help out ...
the guy wasnt hurt too bad I neither was the occupants in the van it was just a hell of a hard hit

after that we all stopped at steak and shake for a few to meet .. I looked at my watch and it was 2am so I knew I better get my ass home....
hey man i just was gonna let you know that the fleet of cars that you saw was me and my buddies. i thought i saw another black cobalt down there but wasn't sure. the cobalts that were there are coming on saturday. but yeah man anytime that you see us cruisin don't be shy tag along. its good fun
Old 08-31-2007, 11:43 PM

someone try to flag me down tomorrow if I pass by

it's been awhile since I've been around that area

I'm not 100% sure I'll be going tomorrow though
Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 AM

sorry to say i cant make it ... boss has me working double overtime making 42 dollars and hour and i cant say no... i would love to make it but at that money i can affford the cobra intercooler with meth injection ... sorry to balm out next time for sure ... trying to be the fastest cobalt in indiana wiht just 2.8 and meth c how it goes for me wish me luck.. car is running ******* awesome since i had everything redone

Quick Reply: Indiana balts Labor Day Cruise