Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

NE Ohio Thread FTW

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KnightSS/TC
Yeah they are probably my buddies, 3 sti's that are local to me go there weekly. 2 are silver and the other one is blue, usually have a good time going up there.
lol yepp see em all the time there are def some good lookin sti's
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle_06_SS
Found the STi I'm going to buy

Black 2005, 62K miles. More info to be added once I have the car

the JBP STI's are slutty looking but HORRIBLE to keep clean just an fyi i had a wrx in JBP and it was the worst!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:38 PM

Haha yeah, I've never had a black car before but I used to detail at an old job and black was always the worst to keep clean once it was clean.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Haha yeah, I've never had a black car before but I used to detail at an old job and black was always the worst to keep clean once it was clean.
Its worth it. I had a JBP WRX as well.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty25RS
Its worth it. I had a JBP WRX as well.
Your sig is rice.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lifter
Your sig is rice.
So was my dinner last night at wasabi steakhouse.

bish.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:23 PM

That's cool, because I pooped in your cat.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:57 AM

I'm leaving for Roanoke, VA in the morning to go pick up my STi. Staying overnight at a Holiday Inn Express and handling all the transaction stuff Monday morning, then taking a detour on the Blue Ridge Parkway to have some fun with the car before heading back home Monday night.

Here's a few teaser pics the guy I'm buying the car from sent me:

Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 AM

The car looks clean, hope it is everything that he says it is. I have been doupted before, that is why I am saying that.

It lookes a lot like one of the engineers that I work with, but his just a WRX without the big wingy thing.

Also, the Blue Ridge Parkway is a great drive, but the speed limit is only about 45mph. Just be careful they do watch it more now than in the past.

And how was Wasabi Steakhouse? Was this the one in Fairlawn? I have been told that it was ok. My wife loves sushi, aka fish bate for me. We have only found a few places that were good for her and me around here.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by black67
The car looks clean, hope it is everything that he says it is. I have been doupted before, that is why I am saying that.

It lookes a lot like one of the engineers that I work with, but his just a WRX without the big wingy thing.

Also, the Blue Ridge Parkway is a great drive, but the speed limit is only about 45mph. Just be careful they do watch it more now than in the past.

And how was Wasabi Steakhouse? Was this the one in Fairlawn? I have been told that it was ok. My wife loves sushi, aka fish bate for me. We have only found a few places that were good for her and me around here.
Wasabi is good, real good. I didn't get any sushi so I dunno about that, but they do have it. I dont mind sushi though. I work with a lot of Japanese and am starting to learn to like sushi.

On the subject of that 05 STi.....It honestly looks too clean. I wish those pictures were time stamped. The 2 things that worry me...

1. the wheels. They look like they've never been used. I used to have the Silver BBS's. I also have the gold ones. To get them that clean, you have to take them off the car and spend a solid 4 hours cleaning them. I counted, these wheels have 72 individual surfaces that need cleaned.

2. The stockness. Its 2011. The likelihood that an 05 STi has lasted this long bone stock is slim to none. I'd worry that it's been reverted back to stock for sale. Its a hard thing to prove to someone unfamiliar with Subaru's but in person I've been able to identify Subarus reverted to stock before.

I hope everything works out for you. I hope it really is/has been stock and I hope those pictures are recent and this person was just that **** about cleaning the wheels.

Once you get it if you want to bring it by me for my stamp of approval let me know.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Wasabi is good, real good. I didn't get any sushi so I dunno about that, but they do have it. I dont mind sushi though. I work with a lot of Japanese and am starting to learn to like sushi.

On the subject of that 05 STi.....It honestly looks too clean. I wish those pictures were time stamped. The 2 things that worry me...

1. the wheels. They look like they've never been used. I used to have the Silver BBS's. I also have the gold ones. To get them that clean, you have to take them off the car and spend a solid 4 hours cleaning them. I counted, these wheels have 72 individual surfaces that need cleaned.

2. The stockness. Its 2011. The likelihood that an 05 STi has lasted this long bone stock is slim to none. I'd worry that it's been reverted back to stock for sale. Its a hard thing to prove to someone unfamiliar with Subaru's but in person I've been able to identify Subarus reverted to stock before.

I hope everything works out for you. I hope it really is/has been stock and I hope those pictures are recent and this person was just that **** about cleaning the wheels.

Once you get it if you want to bring it by me for my stamp of approval let me know.
This guy told me he bought it in 2007 with 23K miles on it, which matches up with the carfax. He said it's not his DD and that he just had it detailed a few weeks ago. I really hope it's as clean as it looks.

It's not completely stock, which makes me think it may have been modded more at some point and then demodded. It does have Kartboy shifters bushings and a STS, a Killer B oil pickup, slotted rotrors and tint. I'm definitely going to look at it very carefully and test drive it before I hand the money over.

If all goes well I'd love to have someone who knows these cars better than I do look it over so if you wouldn't mind that would be awesome.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:46 PM

This guy told me he bought it in 2007 with 23K miles on it, which matches up with the carfax. He said it's not his DD and that he just had it detailed a few weeks ago. I really hope it's as clean as it looks.

It's not completely stock, which makes me think it may have been modded more at some point and then demodded. It does have Kartboy shifters bushings and a STS, a Killer B oil pickup, slotted rotrors and tint. I'm definitely going to look at it very carefully and test drive it before I hand the money over.

If all goes well I'd love to have someone who knows these cars better than I do look it over so if you wouldn't mind that would be awesome.
just an FYI, most people get that killer B oil pickup becomes the stock one failed and they blew their motor.

If that happened, it musta been fixed since the car's runnin.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:03 PM

just an FYI, most people get that killer B oil pickup becomes the stock one failed and they blew their motor.

If that happened, it musta been fixed since the car's runnin.
That's what I figured, I was doing some research on why a lot of the STi's I've been seeing have had motor replacements at such low mileage and read that the stock one failing is all too common. He said it was done as preventative thing, but I don't know if that's really the case.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Car looks clean! Hope it ends up being what your looking for.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Update? Update? Do we have an update and a new subbie taking the long road home?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Myself, a good friend and his girlfriend all went down to go get it (My girlfriend bailed last minute). We took my mom's Vibe GT 6M down and I drove the STi back and my friend Matt drove the Vibe. We all made it back safely.

I'll get good pictures of it up sometime in the next few days. Matt has a few rolling shots as well.

Everything went perfectly. The car is much cleaner than I expected it to be, the maintenance records the guy kept are impressive and thorough (I have a copy of them), and you can just tell he was really **** about taking care of the car. Everything is well sorted. The search paid off, this car is a gem. I kinda wish I had more time and more distance to drive than 450 miles, but I'm glad to have it back home as well.

It runs great and it's really fun to drive. We took a little detour from the interstates and spent some time on a windy, hilly country road. Best decision ever, Matt made that call.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 AM

Glad to here that everything went good for you.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM

So I seen a silver SS. Dark tint all around and black wheels (Couldn't tell what type of wheels though) driving next to EJ Thomas yesterday around 5-ish. Who ever it was, wasn't paying attention when I gave the thumbs up =(

Any one on here?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by KnightSS/TC
That will turn out nice then, henry is talking about going and racing at the ledges. You gonna go atleast to watch and BS with ppl?
Yes, I'll at least show up, but rather race if I get my cav running by then.

I'll ask Henry on who the guy is when I talk to him again about the powder coater.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 PM

i parked next to (what i think is) an ls with smoked tails, black third gen projectors, front ss lip... and the entire front grilled gutted.. i took pics, ill post them.... any guesses?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 PM

now that i remember, ive seen it parked in the polsky deck at UA
Old 03-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned

Iv seen it also.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Yeah that's the silver Cobalt I seen yesterday. Guess I must've mistaken it for an SS.

Drew, what time are you up at Polsky on Tuesdays & Thursdays?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I remember seeing that silver balt at a local show in boardman. Didn't have the lip like that at the time.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Must be his winter lips. ***** gettin' chapped in this dry air.

Quick Reply: NE Ohio Thread FTW