Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Official Fall 2008 VA meet ideas thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Haha b/c im just sick of my car really. I'm sick of it not running right. Sick of my front bumper looking like ass ever since some **** hit and ran it in my parking lot. Sick of my door ding that I never seem to have the money to fix. Sick of it just looking dull b/c I never have anywhere to really thouroghly detail it. I want a fresh start with something. ****, if I didn't have negative equity, i'd go get rid of the car today.

Ideally, i'd love a silver SRT-4 Caliber more than anything.
dude if u wanna fully detail it come to my house and we will wash cars together dude i dont have a problem with that man not at all and yeah i know u are pissed off bout the ding and the bumper but come on dude im going to post here in a lil bit wut happened to my car when i got it back cuz its retarded man
but dude if it happened to ne car.....i mean its not just the cobalt man!!!!

**** u and max talked me into keeping my car and now max sold his car and now ur wanting to sell urs dude wtf mate??

Last edited by cpraider12; 08-23-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cpraider12
dude if u wanna fully detail it come to my house and we will wash cars together dude i dont have a problem with that man not at all and yeah i know u are pissed off bout the ding and the bumper but come on dude im going to post here in a lil bit wut happened to my car when i got it back cuz its retarded man
but dude if it happened to ne car.....i mean its not just the cobalt man!!!!

**** u and max talked me into keeping my car and now max sold his car and now ur wanting to sell urs dude wtf mate??
I dunno man, I just don't feel like making it perfect. Its almost easier to just get a new car.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:50 PM

I dunno man, I just don't feel like making it perfect. Its almost easier to just get a new car.
haha almost easier but ur gonna owe a **** load more money man do u really want payments for another 4-6years i mean u have urs down to wut 3years by now??
Old 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Not a Sebring

haha almost easier but ur gonna owe a **** load more money man do u really want payments for another 4-6years i mean u have urs down to wut 3years by now??
Something like that. But I dunno, if I can get it back to perfect in the new few months ill keep it. But if a few months from now I still have a ding, CEL and a fucked up front bumper, im gonna work on trading it in.

I want:

Silver Caliber SRT-4 w/ sunroof/stereo package.

Mopar springs
Mopar intake/cat-back
Keep the stock 19" tires but replace wheels with some silver 19" Axis Hiros.
tint

Call it a day and keep my warrenty.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:38 PM

if you want to get rid of your car them start working on getting it back to stock you will get a better trade in on it the front bumper isnt that bad the only reason its pissing you off is cuz you notice it, someone who doesnt know what to look for wont notice. get it back to stock then sell it, if i were you i would keep it. k
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Bad05SS
if you want to get rid of your car them start working on getting it back to stock you will get a better trade in on it the front bumper isnt that bad the only reason its pissing you off is cuz you notice it, someone who doesnt know what to look for wont notice. get it back to stock then sell it, if i were you i would keep it. k
Eh, too hard and too much work. The things that would come off would be the strut bar, sway bar, torque damper, tinted tails, shorty antenna and wheels.

If someone was up for trade + money and wanted to do the wrench time, all the other stuff (rotors, pads, cat-back, header, downpipe, intake, shifter), i'd ditch those parts too.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 PM

well i want the shorty antenna if no1 pays u for it can i have it??
Old 08-23-2008, 10:45 PM

keith call me *****....
Old 08-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Not a Sebring

well i want the shorty antenna if no1 pays u for it can i have it??
If I sell my car, yes. Right now im not in the position to do so though.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:57 PM

josh have u thought about just getting a beater and not having a car payment for a while.... believe me its the best thing ever... I mean ur car is sick bro, y would u sell it to start all over on a new car??
Old 08-23-2008, 11:59 PM

agreed no car payment rocks!!!! I have a lot of money to do whatever i want, mainly savings.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
josh have u thought about just getting a beater and not having a car payment for a while.... believe me its the best thing ever... I mean ur car is sick bro, y would u sell it to start all over on a new car??
Nah, just not for me. Cars are my only hobby, so I don't mind paying for something that keeps me happy/busy every month.

Originally Posted by Dunkinuts
agreed no car payment rocks!!!! I have a lot of money to do whatever i want, mainly savings.
Coming from a guy who drives an '08. Probally the only paid off '08 on the site, lol.

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 08-24-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 AM

bro u serious?? Lol cars are my one of my few hobbies but i love it and i love having a clean ride... but let me ask u this... what car are you going to get that will be affordable for u and nicer than ur sick ass cobalt...
Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Not a Sebring

bro u serious?? Lol cars are my one of my few hobbies but i love it and i love having a clean ride... but let me ask u this... what car are you going to get that will be affordable for u and nicer than ur sick ass cobalt...
Caliber SRT-4. Faster, more reliable as it will be stock (or modded w/ only Mopar goods) and will have a warranty (unlike my voided warranty ass Cobalt), 4-doors which will be conveinent for carpooing for my job, and this car would only be modified with non-warranty voiding parts. If I got one, i'd pretty much keep it stock. Like I said.......Mopar intake, Mopar cat-back, Mopar strut bar, some 19" Axis Hiros w/ stock 19" rubber.........thats it. Probally wouldn't even lower it. And don't care if anyone thinks they are ugly.....I personally think they look sick.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:13 AM

yah umm gay...let me tell you why... idk what it is with people and buying american cars but this is what your doing.... you already still owe on ur cobalt right?? and im pretty damn sure ur not gonna make a profit by any means on ur cobalt so youll owe money... then you buy that caliber srt 4 and bam right off the bat when u drive off u loose another 4 grand just starting off and thats a what 22-24 thousand dollar vehicle
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Not a Sebring

yah umm gay...let me tell you why... idk what it is with people and buying american cars but this is what your doing.... you already still owe on ur cobalt right?? and im pretty damn sure ur not gonna make a profit by any means on ur cobalt so youll owe money... then you buy that caliber srt 4 and bam right off the bat when u drive off u loose another 4 grand just starting off and thats a what 22-24 thousand dollar vehicle
Yeah but thats just how life is bro. I mean I can either guy some old shithouse car and not be happy with it, and pay xxx amount of money to get it to the point that I actually might like it........lease a car......umm....no.....or keep financing nice, newer cars until I actually have a nice enough job to pay one off in a reasonable time. I don't care if I have a car payment....im used to it. Its like a normal thing to me.......eventually im gonna go for bigger and better things in life, but for now, im 21, I like having a nice, newer car, probally gonna get a townhouse soon.....so yeah. I understand I won't get back what I put into the Cobalt, and I understand i'll have negative equity and will just owe even more.....but thats life. Im 21, have a decent job, a decent apartment.....so for now, such is life, ya know?

Also, it has nothing to do with "American cars". I could careless who makes a car these days, they're all built to a certain standard anyways. If the Calber SRT-4 was marketed under a Nissan or even a Hyundai badge, i'd still like it. I've owned a Mazda, a BMW, a Honda and a Chevy so far. I don't have "brand loyalty" nor do I give a **** where the car is made. If I like a car, I like a car. Plus, in all honesty, I think Japan makes the nicest cars.....but right now theres no offerings that appeal to me other than the Sentra SE-R spec V, but for the price, id much rather go with the Caliber.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:55 AM

oh yah def. dodge does build a mean ass motor no doubt about it... But when it comes down to it the resale value of an american car is significantly less than a european car or japanese car so forth... But yah bro i see your point, if thats what u wanna do then do it bro **** i would too... But rite now i made up my decision and im goin to get me a new car here soon to in the next year or so before i move out... so all is good...

also i no were good keep in touch haha so i mean **** let me know how everything goes bro
Old 08-24-2008, 01:04 AM

Coming from a guy who drives an '08. Probally the only paid off '08 on the site, lol.
haha not my fault

but there has been a black SRT4 Cal. sitting at the local dealership here for a few weeks not. I am tempted just to take a test drive. But I thought I was going to keep the cobalt stock too..... Josh don't think you wont mod that thing.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Dunkinuts
haha not my fault

but there has been a black SRT4 Cal. sitting at the local dealership here for a few weeks not. I am tempted just to take a test drive. But I thought I was going to keep the cobalt stock too..... Josh don't think you wont mod that thing.
Well of course i'd mod it, but very mildly. I just want some wheels and some Mopar bits (intake, cat-back and strut bar). The i'd leave it alone and drive it while retaining a full warranty. No big turbo upgrades, no FMIC upgrades, probally not even springs.

But for now im working on sorting out the Cobalt's issues. Gonna get my front bumper wetsanded soon hopefully, making an appointment to get my ding removed by Dentmasters next month, and eventually gonna get it tuned. Plus, next weekend its getting claybarred, waxed, and my poly trans mount bushings are going in.........so we'll see what I decide to do within the next few months or so.

oh yah def. dodge does build a mean ass motor no doubt about it... But when it comes down to it the resale value of an american car is significantly less than a european car or japanese car so forth... But yah bro i see your point, if thats what u wanna do then do it bro **** i would too... But rite now i made up my decision and im goin to get me a new car here soon to in the next year or so before i move out... so all is good...

also i no were good keep in touch haha so i mean **** let me know how everything goes bro
Oh for sure Jap and Euro cars hold their re-sale value a ton better. But I don't buy a car based on its re-sale value. When I buy a car, the last thing im thinking about is selling it, and how much im gonna get for it when that time comes. I live in the now, not the future. Whatever happens....happens, ya know? I mean I DESTROYED the re-sale on my Cobalt by dumping 7 grand worth of mods into it. Modified cars blow ***** when you try to trade them in.

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 08-24-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2008, 11:02 AM

i paid off my 05 on wed. lol all 14,500.96 dollar
Old 08-24-2008, 11:09 AM

Caliber SRT-4. Faster, more reliable as it will be stock (or modded w/ only Mopar goods) and will have a warranty (unlike my voided warranty ass Cobalt), 4-doors which will be conveinent for carpooing for my job, and this car would only be modified with non-warranty voiding parts. If I got one, i'd pretty much keep it stock. Like I said.......Mopar intake, Mopar cat-back, Mopar strut bar, some 19" Axis Hiros w/ stock 19" rubber.........thats it. Probally wouldn't even lower it. And don't care if anyone thinks they are ugly.....I personally think they look sick.
wow im glad to see you want to get rid of your car for the single most biggest pos car on the ******* market...jesus josh i know your not seriously wanting to do this? think about this dude...yes there not bad looking but its a dodge son...i dont know if you know but i do im in the whole dealers **** and i know that if you want reliability...thats not what you wanna go with...take some advise from somebody who has to work on cars all day everyday man..seriously.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Bad05SS
i paid off my 05 on wed. lol all 14,500.96 dollar
How did you pay your car off so fast Chase? You've only had it like half a year.

Originally Posted by cobeeezy
wow im glad to see you want to get rid of your car for the single most biggest pos car on the ******* market...jesus josh i know your not seriously wanting to do this? think about this dude...yes there not bad looking but its a dodge son...i dont know if you know but i do im in the whole dealers **** and i know that if you want reliability...thats not what you wanna go with...take some advise from somebody who has to work on cars all day everyday man..seriously.
Eh, I just like them man. I don't care about reliabity b/c its not gonna be raced and it'll have a 100k mile warranty. But like I said, right now im just working on getting the SS back to showroom perfect condition, and maybe i'll wanna keep it then.

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 08-24-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2008, 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=WhiteSSBalt;2780288]How did you pay your car off so fast Chase? You've only had it like half a year.

i got my way lol the clutch is the next thing to tackle
Old 08-24-2008, 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Bad05SS;2780494]
How did you pay your car off so fast Chase? You've only had it like half a year.

i got my way lol the clutch is the next thing to tackle

u son of a bitch man u wanna send some money over this way so i can pay mine off??
or tell me ur way so i can get rid of my car payment dude?? im dying to know man!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:27 PM

are you guys planing a meet the weekend of sept 6-7. i will be up that way for a meeting and a hvae nothing to do sat ur sunday

Quick Reply: Official Fall 2008 VA meet ideas thread.