Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA
View Poll Results: Where should the Official OH Meet be held?
Sharon Woods Park
81.25%
Fort Rapids Hotel Parking Lot
18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Ohio CobaltSS.net Spring Meet 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffs 06SS 2.4
Yeah, I cant wait to meet him. Maybe we could kick it on the way down.

Cant wait to see that Termi!
Thanks, and NH is right, the drive there and back is half the fun!

Originally Posted by Ion

My mechanic used to own an SRT-10 that was cammed and had a full exhaust. Most amazing sound outside of the charge wine of my old Whipple SVT Lightning. I'll own another SVT car someday I swear. Love the sound.
Make it a Terminator
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Ion
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SS_NH
Nice, will def look into it. But thats prolly more northern Ohio.
We're at the bottom lol. Been looking around KY because no one there gives a ****. Not alot of shops around here tho, its aaaaaaall farms.
We've thought about taking the tags off and loading it on the trailor and driving it to a shop, that works right? Because you could say its for drag only? Maybe I'm wrong.

And about the Lightening, yes. lol. Just yes. I dont care what anyone says, SC's sound sooo much better than turbos.
Can't help you in the KY. My family resides in southeast Kentucky near Cumberland Falls. They are 5-10 miles form Tennessee. I sort of prefer Ohio to the "hollers" of the South.

I'd take a Procharged anything any day, but yes SC do sound great. Turbos sound best on 6-cylinders IMO. M3's I6 TT, Supra'z 2JZ I6 TT, 300ZX TT, etc.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 PM

Theres a house about five minutes from me with a black and gold Termi, a LBM SS/SC a white GT300 and 2 I want to say 70ish mustangs.

My mouth still drops when I drive by lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Ion
Banned

Originally Posted by Shibito
Thanks, and NH is right, the drive there and back is half the fun!

Make it a Terminator
I've never heard of one before you, lol. Whatever it is, I prefer mine wingless. Mustangs looks so good without that ugly useless lip.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 PM

Theres a house about five minutes from me with a black and gold Termi, a LBM SS/SC a white GT300 and 2 I want to say 70ish mustangs.

My mouth still drops when I drive by lol.
Nice. Drop a letter in his mailbox asking him to join this site.

Originally Posted by Ion
I've never heard of one before you, lol. Whatever it is, I prefer mine wingless. Mustangs looks so good without that ugly useless lip.
Really

The Terminators come with just the small lip on the back.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 PM

I need to lol. I think its an olderish couple. The Cobalt is their daughters, I somewhat know them lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Ion
Banned

Really

The Terminators come with just the small lip on the back.
Ahh, 03-04 SC Cobra. Wikipedia'd it. I just don't like that everyone has a Mustang and they all go fast and such. I like unique, which is why the Mazda had my attention. Strong motor potential (can handle 600hp which isn't bad for a 3.0L) and the most comfy ride I've ever been in. I'll keep it around for a few years until some kid needs a cool fwd car that will smoke the new idiots in the new ricer cars. I'll probably either get a C5 Corvette (love those cars and the potential the have), a Viper RT/10 or a new 5.0L with some upgrade package like a Cobra or such. I like crazy horsepower, but handling is key. Anyone can make a car fast, but a 'Merican car that goes around corners is a truly wonderful sight. lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ion
Ahh, 03-04 SC Cobra. Wikipedia'd it. I just don't like that everyone has a Mustang and they all go fast and such. I like unique, which is why the Mazda had my attention. Strong motor potential (can handle 600hp which isn't bad for a 3.0L) and the most comfy ride I've ever been in. I'll keep it around for a few years until some kid needs a cool fwd car that will smoke the new idiots in the new ricer cars. I'll probably either get a C5 Corvette (love those cars and the potential the have), a Viper RT/10 or a new 5.0L with some upgrade package like a Cobra or such. I like crazy horsepower, but handling is key. Anyone can make a car fast, but a 'Merican car that goes around corners is a truly wonderful sight. lol.
302 Boss? ZL1? or whatever it is. I would have called it a z28, whatever gm lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ion
Terminators take corners amazingly well and handle 1000hp on stock internals and trans. What else do you need?

Most mustangs are **** and not fast, the pre-2011 GT's couldn't handle over 450hp reliably. The 2011's finally stepped up the game to match the rest of the field.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Ion
Banned

About time. I don't like the sound of the new motor though. Too mellow. Not angry enough, even with exhaust work. Sounds good cruising, but not at WOT, which is where I'd keep it. lol. I honestly like the new V6 more. Call me gay, but that motor sounds good, is lighter, and is still more powerful than the old GT. Plus its literally just a bored and stroked Ecoboost Duratec 35 V6 like in the new Mustang SVO, F150 "Lightning Gen 3 as I call it", and SHO. It'll handle at least 700hp I'd bet, and if rumors are true, the 35 has been known to hold boost at 27psi. That'd be insane in a Mustang.

Last edited by Ion; 02-10-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: SVO not SHO lol
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 PM

Yeah, but youre not cool unless you **** your pants!

But in all reality, being able to walk up and be like 'hey, I drive a Cobra' not only sounds cooler, but is alot easier to say than, 'hey guys, I drive a v6 mustang with this and this and this, super fast, I promise.'
Because by the time you get done, the girls bored and you get none lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Ion
Banned

lol. I'd just call it the SVO and be done. F the Ford Fanbois. I call my Mazda a Mazdaspeed and the girls think ti sounds cool and the ricers avoid me. The forum guys get annoyed, but I'm not out to impress them. Its a Speed6 to me, just has a couple more cylinders and 2 less wheels driving the car, though it handles the same on everything but snow, maybe even better with the suspension upgrades.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Ion
Banned

Btw, what Mustang has the crazy-ass shifter that looks like its bent? Those are so crazy, btu cool. I saw one with a shift knob that said ****** fast and I'd rock that for sure.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Yeah I got ya lol.
Im so over trying to be like 'Yeah, Cobalt Ess Ess Ess See. Oh, let me explain what that means...'

Its just a cobalt, and I'm now aware lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 PM

Theres magnaflow mufflers in the trunk, he wants something like a custom straight pipe.
But cant find anywhere that will bend 3in pipe, if they do, they refuse to work on it for lack of cats.

My uncle has the 6.0L Silverado SS and its procharged. Idk what his exhaust setup is, but ohhh myyy. I cream everytime I pass him.lol.
Tri State muffler in colerain. they will do it. they do amazing work
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cefaln452
Tri State muffler in colerain. they will do it. they do amazing work
Awesome man, hes coming over after work, so I'm gonna throw these places at him.
I'll try and have him get it done for the meet lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ion
Btw, what Mustang has the crazy-ass shifter that looks like its bent? Those are so crazy, btu cool. I saw one with a shift knob that said ****** fast and I'd rock that for sure.
No clue, ours have a bend in them but the boot hides it.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Ion
Banned

Exactly. Badges mean nothing, and if they do, you probably won't get laid, lol. Its the screams of "Oh My God! Slow down!" That you want.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ion
Exactly. Badges mean nothing, and if they do, you probably won't get laid, lol. Its the screams of "Oh My God! Slow down!" That you want.
Agreed.
Thats why I love my blower, no one sees it coming.
Everything here is tractors and diesels.
So you let it whine and they're like, holy ****?!

..those reaction faces are what I live for.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Ion
Banned

Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Ion
Banned

Agreed.
Thats why I love my blower, no one sees it coming.
Everything here is tractors and diesels.
So you let it whine and they're like, holy ****?!

..those reaction faces are what I live for.
Mine has that sound of muscle car in a Japanese sedan. NOBODY ever sees THAT coming. Nor do the ricers expect an 06 Saturn Ion sedan to pull on them by multiple car lengths. I love sleepers, even if they are only sleepers to the morons and girls.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Ion
Banned

The company that makes those has them out for the newer Mustangs with a six speed. I can't find a pic of it though.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ion
If it's actually a 6 speed it's either a Terminator or another Mustang with a T56 trans swapped in. The T56 only came in the Terminator stock in that body style.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ion
Mine has that sound of muscle car in a Japanese sedan. NOBODY ever sees THAT coming. Nor do the ricers expect an 06 Saturn Ion sedan to pull on them by multiple car lengths. I love sleepers, even if they are only sleepers to the morons and girls.
Very nicely put.
No one sees a Cobalt being realtively quick, notice I dont use the word 'fast' lol, so I get alot of people stunting at me, 'oh hey, my cars faster'.
All I get in the GTO is nods and thumbs ups lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Ion
Banned

If it's actually a 6 speed it's either a Terminator or another Mustang with a T56 trans swapped in. The T56 only came in the Terminator stock in that body style.
I meant in the NEW Stang. Its been out for the Termi I think for a while then cuz there is a Shelby with an identical knob and its a 6-speed. The new knob is the cue-ball style though like the new GT and GT500.

Quick Reply: Ohio CobaltSS.net Spring Meet 2011