Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Who's in Northern VA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh if you guys have a meet Manassas would be awesome! All the old battle fields, talk about killer photo ops!

That and Manassas isn't too far for me so I may come say HI and meet some of my southern Cobalt brothers.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stouffer
Did you just have the stage 2 install at Heritage a week or so ago?
Nah, I haven't done any mods to the car yet. Waiting until the tax return posts to my account. Plus she's an SS/NA. Have you heard good things about the Heritage service department?

OD
Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had my car there a few times. Service writers are nice guys. They haven't said anything about other mods on my car.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:26 AM

I have had my car there a few times. Service writers are nice guys. They haven't said anything about other mods on my car.
talk to either Vern so far as techs are concerned...... James R(service writer) knows how to set up anything you need done... I had him set up my tickets back when I worked there
Old 04-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by YellowSiren
talk to either Vern so far as techs are concerned...... James R(service writer) knows how to set up anything you need done... I had him set up my tickets back when I worked there
That's good Intel. I was going to have Pallone in Sproingfield do my CAI/Manifold/Perf. Catback all at once, but if Heritage ain't going to gouge me I'll go to them. In that case I could get them to drop me back at my place while they do what they do.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by OfficeDespot
That's good Intel. I was going to have Pallone in Sproingfield do my CAI/Manifold/Perf. Catback all at once, but if Heritage ain't going to gouge me I'll go to them. In that case I could get them to drop me back at my place while they do what they do.
pallone doesn't know what their doing... I hate to say things like that, but I tried to get them to switch in the gm header, and no one seemed to know how to do it... then told me it would take some $400. I'd already gotten quotes of about 200 elsewhere. And wouldn't give me a timeframe for how long
Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by YellowSiren
pallone doesn't know what their doing... I hate to say things like that, but I tried to get them to switch in the gm header, and no one seemed to know how to do it... then told me it would take some $400. I'd already gotten quotes of about 200 elsewhere. And wouldn't give me a timeframe for how long
That's about a bunch of bullshiat. Some of this stuff only takes 1/2 hour. Some places charge under the amount of time the book says it takes to do the job.

I'd have my mechanic on Little River Turnpike do it, but I don't want to Void My Warranty. Plus I have to purchase all of the parts from a GM Parts Department in order to get the Employee Discount.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Yeap worked at Pallone last year. The services advisor don't know what they are doing could never sell work well and the shop is too old school and is not into all the things that most dealers are willing to do. If other places are charging you about 2 hours worth of labor that sounds about right, Pallone should not be charging you 4 hours. I could probobly do it at home in less time then that. I've had not the oportunity to work on cobalts beside mine so far since I left the dealership right around the release of the cobalts. Now I'm just working on trying to get my dealerworld access back. I might have to go see who is working at Heritage now cause I worked there and got my 2 years training there about 3 years ago.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:06 AM

just joined up with the forums, but i've been driving a Redline since Sept. in the Manassas / Gainesville area. Nothing fancy yet, just stg2...hope there's more to come.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM

saw another

black ss/sc near fairfax- vienna metro..... tried going slower so you'd catch up, but had to go home...
Old 05-30-2007, 08:56 PM

my girl lives in woodbridge so im down there all the time.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rascuache
just joined up with the forums, but i've been driving a Redline since Sept. in the Manassas / Gainesville area. Nothing fancy yet, just stg2...hope there's more to come.
Redlines are becoming more common around here. I toyed around with a red redline about a month ago in the New Baltimore/Warrenton area from about the IHOP/Outback light till LFCC campus. Fun stuff.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:08 PM

my girl lives in woodbridge so im down there most the time
Old 05-30-2007, 10:46 PM

So are we getting a meet going on in the NOVA area? I like that one Chik Fil A idea.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM

im down... woodbridge-area fo' sho'
Old 05-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eh, I hate Woodbrige. I had to run a few routes there one week (I work for Pepsi), and maybe its just b/c I never go there and dont know my way around, but I just didnt like that area. I vote Manassas, Gainsville, Fredericksburg.........
Old 05-31-2007, 12:43 PM

How about Springfield, or old town, Mt Vernon has some good areas to cruise and park. I can't wait to take the balt out to shannendoah one of these weekends for some nice pic, problem with that is bugs all over the front by the time I get there and the bike usually wins out and that gets the trip instead.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Badassz69
How about Springfield, or old town, Mt Vernon has some good areas to cruise and park. I can't wait to take the balt out to shannendoah one of these weekends for some nice pic, problem with that is bugs all over the front by the time I get there and the bike usually wins out and that gets the trip instead.
Yes, No, Yes.............. Springfield/kingstowne is one of the few areas near us (Alexandria) people regularly meet..... Old town is horrible for traffic (still not as bad as Georgetown though, but they do share parking issues)... I don't know why people don't meet in Mt Vernon, the multiplex has that giant lot in back.... only people I see there are learning to drive...
Old 05-31-2007, 04:23 PM

Yeah I'm with you on old town unless it's late. I used to go the the airport park and watch the planes land an national airport alot. I mean more of mt vernon like on the gw parkway like on the small reststop/viewing areas they got along the water. But yeah this entire area is so conjested it sucks.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 PM

i live in winchester im down for a meet just not feeling like driving more then an hour haha
let me know wuts going on guys.....
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM

Yeah I'm always up for a meet too. I'm actually going to one up in york penn. It's a bit out there but it seems that is were most of the cobalts are at. It's about a 2 hour drive but it should be worth it. It would be great to have one around here. Anyone else got any ideas on a place maybe someone can help me cordinate. Guess lets start with some ideas on a place. And then we can move on to a date.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM

im reston all the time but i live in maryland but we need to get a lil club for the northern va and metro area..
Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM

Yea lets get a little more north here in the meets. Like herndon or reston or chantilly. Sound good?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:24 PM

Chantilly, Centerville area there is Braddock Park, Greenbriar Park, Poplar Tree Park. At braddock there are batting cages and putt putt. In Alexandria there is Cameron Run on Eisenhower. Just some thoughts. I travel all day if you want some other ideas in other cities let me know.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:11 AM

Braddock park is starting to sound good, or at least one of the parks. I've never been there. I don't get out much anymore. We just need to make sure wherever it is there is plenty of parking where we won't be bothered. I'll take a look at the web site of those parks when I get a chance. If anyone else has any ideas speak up and everyone can say where they would perfer. I would say prob nothing much farther north then herdon and no farther south then Springfield or our Woodbridge and MD friends. I saw a new red 4dr ss this morning on Franconia by my house today. Too much traffic I could not catch up with her. I just know it was as chick.

Quick Reply: Who's in Northern VA?