Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Woodward Dream Cruise 2009! We getting together or what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be driving up from Florida for the Dreamcruise. Id come to a get together of ecotecs if you get something together. Im also planning on racing at Milan Dragway if anyone is interested in doing that the week after the dreamcruise. Ill keep my eye on this thread.

Also for the few that said this cruise on the 16th is just for classics thats just bullshit. Sure there are a lot of classics but its a car enthusiasts car cruise. I guess they should tell the newer corvettes, porsches, vipers, and others alike to get off the road.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by krispy
pasquales?
Yeah I think that's it... It's on the south bound side right? Anyways I'm just throwing them out there...

Originally Posted by Track ****
I will be driving up from Florida for the Dreamcruise. Id come to a get together of ecotecs if you get something together. Im also planning on racing at Milan Dragway if anyone is interested in doing that the week after the dreamcruise. Ill keep my eye on this thread.

Also for the few that said this cruise on the 16th is just for classics thats just bullshit. Sure there are a lot of classics but its a car enthusiasts car cruise. I guess they should tell the newer corvettes, porsches, vipers, and others alike to get off the road.
Yeah plan is to get together with everyone day before the cruise (friday Aug 15th) Maybe grab dinner around 6pm or 7pm and then cruise and hang that evening...

Then for the main day of the cruise, at least I'll be parking my balt, then walking around the exhibits and what not... Anyone is welcome to meet up with me if they want to.

But we'd love to have you join us.

Oh and I've gotten about 9 responses so far on South East ECOTEC Enthusiasts site of people in Balts and Ions that are interested in going... I think we can make this good guys...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 AM

Ok, so here's a quick idea... I'm proposing that we meet for dinner @ the Pot Belly @ Woodward & 13 1/2, it's on the south bound side @ 6pm on Friday August 15th.

Then @ 7pm we can all meet up in a parking lot that's close to it... Directly across from it on the North bound side but just a tad bit south is where Street Legal Customs is located... And before the half light there is a side street (the half mile street) there's a little corner parking lot... From there we can all get together meet up, and get the formation going for the cruise...

How does something like that sound?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:55 PM

okay let me get this straight before or after the cruise we eat?? and 7pm meet and street legal?? and roll in 2 side by side?? if so then will work for me and that complied list is rougly what i have (you have a couple more people then me)
Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM

Sounds good to me. Can't wait!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by zetterbergfan1
okay let me get this straight before or after the cruise we eat?? and 7pm meet and street legal?? and roll in 2 side by side?? if so then will work for me and that complied list is rougly what i have (you have a couple more people then me)
Well I was thinking dinner before we cruise, @6pm @ the Potbelly on Woodward & 13 1/2 mile... That way we don't have to worry about making reservations and waiting for food to be cooked etc, and it's right across Woodward for our meeting spot, so it works out that way too.

@ 7pm we'll meet across the street near Street Legal Customs, but in the little parking lot on the corner of 13 1/2 mile just a few building north of it. There's also the side street too where we can stage.

So yeah zetterbergfan1, PM me your list when you can and I'll compare it to what I have. I also have about 5+ from South East Ecotec Enthusiasts, like one or two SS's and a couple Ion RL's...

And then from there we'll private message the people on the list, and ask for their actual names, car, and what color then I'll take all this info and make a formation list, and we'll try and get a nice line going... Sound good everyone?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:38 PM

I'll try

I'll try to be there
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM

Ok I'll put Braineater, Track ****, and Krosweks07SS down as maybe's
Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
Well I was thinking dinner before we cruise, @6pm @ the Potbelly on Woodward & 13 1/2 mile... That way we don't have to worry about making reservations and waiting for food to be cooked etc, and it's right across Woodward for our meeting spot, so it works out that way too.

@ 7pm we'll meet across the street near Street Legal Customs, but in the little parking lot on the corner of 13 1/2 mile just a few building north of it. There's also the side street too where we can stage.

So yeah zetterbergfan1, PM me your list when you can and I'll compare it to what I have. I also have about 5+ from South East Ecotec Enthusiasts, like one or two SS's and a couple Ion RL's...

And then from there we'll private message the people on the list, and ask for their actual names, car, and what color then I'll take all this info and make a formation list, and we'll try and get a nice line going... Sound good everyone?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:46 PM

i will be coming as well, maybe i can get some of my ecotec buddies as well. i dont even get off work till 6 so.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Not in your Cougar you aren't.... I'm totally kidding, we'd love to have you...

I'm having a friend probably coming in his 04 Jetta GLI, he just got a chip, turbo inlet, turbo-back exhaust, and CAI, so just a fore-warning... He may try and race some of you guys...
Old 07-25-2008, 12:10 AM

Not in your Cougar you aren't.... I'm totally kidding, we'd love to have you...

I'm having a friend probably coming in his 04 Jetta GLI, he just got a chip, turbo inlet, turbo-back exhaust, and CAI, so just a fore-warning... He may try and race some of you guys...
I'll take em with my new TC... no-lift shift!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM

yea the ole 2.5 is only good for a 2.2-2.1 60 foot and a 14.9. which is great for what it is, but 3.0liter turbo will make my roadracing fun decades more enjoyable whose down for a gingerman meet!

ps, im layin it down right now, my struts are so bad i will not be racing anything. but please enjoy free looks. unless someone wants to donate 400 for my new front konis. 4 years of abuse and full slam i think has takin their toll, theirs no more oil to leak out of the fronts so smiles per gallon are starting to diminish with each crunch. lmao.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cougarguy
yea the ole 2.5 is only good for a 2.2-2.1 60 foot and a 14.9. which is great for what it is, but 3.0liter turbo will make my roadracing fun decades more enjoyable whose down for a gingerman meet!
Hmm I'm in... lol Yeah I did a track event only once... one of those HPDE events and for the money it was probably one of the best times I've ever had with my SS/SC! Autocross is fun too but when it's you and your car, on a track with other cars, it's a whole other experience... I gotta watch my miles so unortunately no autocross, or roadracing until I turn it in... But maybe I'll be back in an 09 SS/TC or Solstice Coupe GXP... we'll see
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM

maybe i can sell you a cobalt ss
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM

maybe i can sell you a cobalt ss
Oh right you work at Dick Genthe... Haha I just saw that in your sig.... Tell you what I'll buddy you and when my lease gets close to being up I'll come see you first, and we'll negotiate...

Still planning on trying to get a Solstice Coupe GXP, but if that falls through then it's for sure going to be a 09 SS/TC...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM

remember lease pull-ahead, if you expire on or before march 31, 2009 we waive 2 payments.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well, interesting choices for me:

1. friends said they were gonna plan a camping trip for when my one friend is on leave from the Navy, turns out they picked the weekend of woodward...bastards
2. my sister wants me to help her move back to MI from El Paso, TX (guilt trip in full effect)
3. Woodward

Now if I can just convince the friends to set the camping trip a week earlier and go to Caseville that would be sweet.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 AM

remember lease pull-ahead, if you expire on or before march 31, 2009 we waive 2 payments.
Haha I have exactly 12 payments left... So unless I'm on my 10th payment and the last two are waived, I'm keeping it till then...

1. friends said they were gonna plan a camping trip for when my one friend is on leave from the Navy, turns out they picked the weekend of woodward...bastards
2. my sister wants me to help her move back to MI from El Paso, TX (guilt trip in full effect)
3. Woodward

Now if I can just convince the friends to set the camping trip a week earlier and go to Caseville that would be sweet.
Hey it's cool stuff happens, I've been trying hard enough myself too keep the two days open... But it would be great if you can make it, if not... We'll all try and get together after sometime...
Old 07-25-2008, 05:46 PM

3. Woodward

tell them you know the perfect spot, with a great view...then set up the tent on woodward.as for the sister prollem....tell her to get her bf to do it...jk dude that sucks tho.

so we meet at slc then dinner at pot belly then cruise right?**** i wish i could do my clutch before then...oh well il still eat hondas
Old 07-25-2008, 06:25 PM

sounds like a plan what time do we meet at street legal??
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 PM

I'll be there. my car should be done by then, but i have a building on woodward just south of 14 mile. my car, my boys Ion redline should be there and maybe a few of our race cars
Old 07-25-2008, 06:45 PM

Haha I have exactly 12 payments left... So unless I'm on my 10th payment and the last two are waived, I'm keeping it till then...
GMAC paid my lease off (up to $2000) and ate up 2 of my payments
Old 07-25-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by constantproject
tell them you know the perfect spot, with a great view...then set up the tent on woodward.as for the sister prollem....tell her to get her bf to do it...jk dude that sucks tho.

so we meet at slc then dinner at pot belly then cruise right?**** i wish i could do my clutch before then...oh well il still eat hondas
No, Dinner (or meeting up for it) first @ Pot Belly on Woodward and 13 1/2 mile @6pm

Then directly across from Pot Belly on Woodward, there's a corner building with a small parking lot, it's a building or two north of Street Legal Customs, that's where we're meeting at 7pm.

Originally Posted by zetterbergfan1
sounds like a plan what time do we meet at street legal??
Not meeting exactly @ street legal customs but a a small corner parking lot a just about 100 yards north of it.... on the same side. Corner of 13 1/2 mile (north bound side)

Originally Posted by 07BlackSS/SC
GMAC paid my lease off (up to $2000) and ate up 2 of my payments
Did they? Hmm well a sales guy @ Lou LaRiche in Plymouth told me to see him in October and said he'd probably be able to work something out for me (I didn't believe him) but at that point I'll owe $2,932.29 on the lease... Hmm well maybe I'll start visiting Cougarguy, and some dealers when I owe around 2k left... thanks for letting me know that!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=Track ****;2635568]I will be driving up from Florida for the Dreamcruise. Id come to a get together of ecotecs if you get something together. Im also planning on racing at Milan Dragway if anyone is interested in doing that the week after the dreamcruise. Ill keep my eye on this thread.

Also for the few that said this cruise on the 16th is just for classics thats just bullshit. Sure there are a lot of classics but its a car enthusiasts car cruise. I guess they should tell the newer corvettes, porsches, vipers, and others alike to get off the road.[/QUOTe

I totally agree . i might see u there i'll be out there but my car will be differnet than the picture on here getting painted this weekend .i'll look for all the balts.

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise 2009! We getting together or what?