Modern Performance Modern Performance is a Supporting Vendor
contacts: Modernceo

Cobalt Coilovers $999 have arrived! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Are thry ready to order yet =D ?!?!?
We can begin accepting orders for them. We wont bill you for them until they ship out to you.

Production has begun, and we are expecting them in roughly 3 - 4 weeks from now, possibly sooner.

Ill keep everyone updated.

Cory
Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 PM

sweet man....
Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM

i cant believe i missed this thread definately going on my need to get list because when i look at my car i see a moster truck and i really dont want to get just springs.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Modernceo
We can begin accepting orders for them. We wont bill you for them until they ship out to you.

Production has begun, and we are expecting them in roughly 3 - 4 weeks from now, possibly sooner.

Ill keep everyone updated.

Cory
Hello...

Will the $999.00 price still be around by the the end of this month? Waiting on paycheck... What you think the shipping cost will come out to? (91377 is my zip.)

When the coilovers are dropped all the way to 3 inches or very close to. How is the ride?Also, are they rust and corrosion resistant?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 PM

A few people have asked but do you guys plan on making anything that will fit the Redlines/Ions?
Old 09-22-2007, 12:03 AM

rust proofing? i live in new england and i need to know if they will rot away after a season. what are they made out of.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Steven Flit
Hello...

Will the $999.00 price still be around by the the end of this month? Waiting on paycheck... What you think the shipping cost will come out to? (91377 is my zip.)

When the coilovers are dropped all the way to 3 inches or very close to. How is the ride?Also, are they rust and corrosion resistant?

Thanks,

Steve
Steve,
Yes, that will be the introductory, as well as ongoing price.

Shipping would be about $31 by Fedex insured value.

Because of the way these coilovers are designed, when you lower the car, your lowering the spring and strut assembly. So, no matter how much you lower the car, you have the same ride quality. You can adjust the firmness/softness by adjusting the knob on top of the coilovers to your liking.

These are powdercoated, and so the finish is VERY durable, chip resistant and strong.

We would be willing to look at the Ion/Redline to see whats neccesary to make it work.

Last edited by Modernceo; 09-22-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

Steve,

Because of the way these coilovers are designed, when you lower the car, your lowering the spring and strut assembly. So, no matter how much you lower the car, you have the same ride quality. You can adjust the firmness/softness by adjusting the knob on top of the coilovers to your liking.

These are powdercoated, and so the finish is VERY durable, chip resistant and strong.

We would be willing to look at the Ion/Redline to see whats neccesary to make it work.

Thanks for being so informative! Considering you prob. have one of the best prices on the market; I'll probably go with your product!

-Steve
Old 09-22-2007, 11:57 AM

powder coating is what every manufacturer should do with auto parts,electro static powder coating can stand up to anything..congrats on what seems to be a top notch product.
I will be ordering these in the coming months.
thanks Mike!!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM

Steve,

how can u lower the strut assembly? its attatched to the strut tower and the spindle. so only way to lower it is to compress the shock which will alter ride quality. this is for the front suspension, rear should be the same as well. just curious not saying your wrong, i just want to know how, I like learning new things.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Eddie
how can u lower the strut assembly? its attatched to the strut tower and the spindle. so only way to lower it is to compress the shock which will alter ride quality. this is for the front suspension, rear should be the same as well. just curious not saying your wrong, i just want to know how, I like learning new things.
Look at this photo.

When I lowered our Cobalt, I loosened the locking nut on the lower hub/spindle knuckle.
I then screwed the upper portion (which has the strut inside it, as well as the spring perch on top) lower into the lower hub/spindle knuckle. When I do that, I am not changing the strut clearance at all.

Its basically taking the moving components (Struts/springs) on the upper half, and reducing the heigth by screwing them further down into the lower fixed half.

Hope I didnt lose ya there !
Old 09-22-2007, 02:42 PM

this looks great. any way you could put a little pamphlet in the box that helps us tune them cause i could make anything handle badly
Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 PM

I cant wait for these to be released..... im to the point i need shocks and struts for the purpose of traction....
Old 09-24-2007, 12:12 AM

i'm in for an ION redline set, as soon as you get them made
Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 PM

Cory,

Quite a few people that have lowered their Cobalt / G5's have found that they get a shimmy or vibration when doing this. Have you guys experienced this on your prototypes? If you have, did you find a solution for this? I believe that it is caused by the attitude of the half shafts after losering the car. Some have suggested raising the engine / transmission to get the original angle, but I do not believe this is viable if lowered 2.5 - 3". What do you think as I am really interedted in your product?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:09 PM

These are very nice and TEMPTING!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by dtabbs
Cory,

Quite a few people that have lowered their Cobalt / G5's have found that they get a shimmy or vibration when doing this. Have you guys experienced this on your prototypes? If you have, did you find a solution for this? I believe that it is caused by the attitude of the half shafts after losering the car. Some have suggested raising the engine / transmission to get the original angle, but I do not believe this is viable if lowered 2.5 - 3". What do you think as I am really interedted in your product?
Cory I would like to know this as well. I have the shimmy shake with my Eibachs and if these coilovers don't have the same issue then I might go ahead and cough up the extra cash for these ones.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:47 AM

any word on an ION redline set yet?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:27 PM

damnit, if I wasn't buying a house right now I'd be all over these. Maybe I'll pick up some overtime
Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor

Yup, we have a part number in our computer system for these now, and have begun taking preorders for them already.

They are expected to arrive late this month, possibly sooner.

For those of you interested in getting a set, we can take your order by phone, and we will not bill you for them until they ship to you.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 PM

I think i finnally found a set that i'm really interested in. I'll def be getting in on these here in the very near future. Thanks for the awesome product and info!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ryze
any word on an ION redline set yet?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM

never any love for the Ions
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Subscribed....You should make themEDFC compatible ?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:34 PM

Look at this photo.

When I lowered our Cobalt, I loosened the locking nut on the lower hub/spindle knuckle.
I then screwed the upper portion (which has the strut inside it, as well as the spring perch on top) lower into the lower hub/spindle knuckle. When I do that, I am not changing the strut clearance at all.

Its basically taking the moving components (Struts/springs) on the upper half, and reducing the heigth by screwing them further down into the lower fixed half.

Hope I didnt lose ya there !
nice that is sweet, no u didnt lose me i was just curious. definatly nice setup.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Coilovers $999 have arrived! Pics!