N2MB Racing N2MB Racing is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: phrozen ; jay@n2mb

New Product Announcement: The WOT Box!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phrozen
Should look something like this:

Nah, seriously. You shouldn't be able to see anything if done cleanly.
I must have done it right then!!!

MAN I CAN'T WAIT TIL I HAVE A CAR TO INSTALL THIS ON!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Bannned

well, i just went down to best buy to buy a serial to usb cord. it was the only one there and it's made by dynex, it cost me 39.89 cents! but its cool, im just going to return it within 30 days and get my money back. do that stuff all the time
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
welp. gots me a package from holiday floriday

we shall have fun tonight
Old 07-18-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
welp. gots me a package from holiday floriday

we shall have fun tonight
VIDS OR BAN!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
won't be any different than stu's vidoe actually.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:00 PM

this works, what WOT box, where are the wires?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu

haha sonic
Old 07-18-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
hey smart guy. did you NOT read about the update? did you NOT read about setting the two step? guess not.

plug box into computer. download 2.3
plug box into car.

car happy.

i am tired of testing ****. thats why i have stopped testing ****. i made calls and did research before i hit "pay with paypal" on this little piece. what does my post count have to do with anything?
wtf are you talking about, of coarse i read before i bought i was tellin YOU to UPGRADE your for free, do you not know how to read... you even quoted my post...

here let me post it for you,

"well area47 i think its cool you can upgrade it for free, didnt you even post you were tired of testing everything out cause you wanna wait too see what happens? and then you get the "out dated" version that only goes to 3k... what are the chances of that..."

god wtf is wrong with you... you didnt read it only goes to 3k on 2.2 which is what you got, i got 2.3 that goes as low as 2k.......... so quick to jump somones ****, you dont even read the post
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
HAha! That's slick! Much better than the install I did....

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
well, i just went down to best buy to buy a serial to usb cord. it was the only one there and it's made by dynex, it cost me 39.89 cents! but its cool, im just going to return it within 30 days and get my money back. do that stuff all the time
Ok, if you have problems with it, make sure you install the latest drivers...
http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/S...B9_Drivers.zip

I had problems with someone else using the drivers on the CD that shipped with it. Man, don't you hate when people ship their products with OLD software?

whoooopppssss....

Last edited by phrozen; 07-18-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 PM

Looks nice stu! Can't even tell it's there.

I'll try and get some vids up tonight after the install.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM

i was wondering what firmware i have on my wot box "vez@"
Old 07-18-2008, 09:06 PM

HAha! That's slick! Much better than the install I did....

Ok, if you have problems with it, make sure you install the latest drivers...
http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/S...B9_Drivers.zip

I had problems with someone else using the drivers on the CD that shipped with it. Man, don't you hate when people ship their products with OLD software?

whoooopppssss....
this is cole

yea, i was gonna say
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Opi

Well that was an exciting install. Only look me about an hour and a half due to ******* reasons.

Gotta say, for a stock car on stock tires, 2-step is just a bad idea. Even setting it at 3 grand I just smoke the damn tires off. I may return the box for just a WOT feature. I don't think the 2-step is really for me.... but my god is it fun to be able to just smash through the gears.

Video tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 PM

will this work for the 2.2 cobalts cause i could really use this ?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Opi
Well that was an exciting install. Only look me about an hour and a half due to ******* reasons.

Gotta say, for a stock car on stock tires, 2-step is just a bad idea. Even setting it at 3 grand I just smoke the damn tires off. I may return the box for just a WOT feature. I don't think the 2-step is really for me.... but my god is it fun to be able to just smash through the gears.

Video tomorrow.
if you update it via internet it goes as low as 2000rpm id say 2200-2400 would be perfect depending on road conditions

so did you mess with the no-lift shift settings cause im curios as to what guys are going as low as... 200-300milisec??? it comes stock at 600

and another question so when you do no-lift shift what does it hold rpm at? your set rev limiter? (in my case thats too high, 7400rpm stock valvetrain) or the rpm it was at when you pushed in the clutch to grab the next gear?

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
20 cobalts???? i thought this was new to us with only about 2 testers that have it?

i said **** it after the test didnt run and i tried it on the street, and nothing happened

at least i have a cool looking bright blue light

ooops i meant twenty people have bought and you were the only one having problems...

butt your right im sure only about 5-7 actually have em installed already...

i hope i dont have any problems, and i hope you figure yours out

quick question does the car ever kick its self out of cruise control for no reason during normal freeway driving? this would support my theory, im just trying to look at this in a diagnostic perspective, just trying to help

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-18-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
and another question so when you do no-lift shift what does it hold rpm at? your set rev limiter? (in my case thats too high, 7400rpm stock valvetrain) or the rpm it was at when you pushed in the clutch to grab the next gear?
It completely cuts the ignition when you no-lift shift. It is not an RPM hold like the 2-step. Basically, we want as much deceleration from the engine as possible so that it matches up with the next gear as best we can. So, a complete cut is the best idea.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM

exactly. thanks, i guess since its not turbo theres no need to hold rpm for boost reasons???
Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Former Vendor

so did you mess with the no-lift shift settings cause im curios as to what guys are going as low as... 200-300milisec??? it comes stock at 600
The default WOT Shift setting is "auto", which means cut the ignition for the length of the shift, up to 600 ms in release 2.2.

I lowered this maximum to 350 ms in release 2.3 because we found that if someone missed the WOT Shift and we kept the ignition cut for more than 350 ms on the SRT it would trigger a code. Also, no one should take any longer than 350 ms to WOT shift.... 600 was too high a limit.

So, to summarize, in the default "auto" WOT Shift mode, it will just cut the ignition for the entire duration the clutch is down, up to some limit. The limit is there to keep you from stalling the engine....

Now, some people once they start shifting faster, they want more control over the cut time. Basically, they want the ignition to come back on slightly before the clutch is all the way back up. To do that, you set the manual mode and program your desired cut time based on feel...

exactly. thanks, i guess since its not turbo theres no need to hold rpm for boost reasons???
It's the same in the turbo. You'll hold boost even if the engine isn't firing. It happens so fast that there really isn't any need to fire the engine. The main goal of the no-lift shift is to get the engine to slow down as much as we can so that it will mesh the next gear. Even with a complete cut, I still don't think it slows down that much. If we fired the engine at all during the no-lift shift, it would just spin up more, which is the opposite of what we want.

I think the Cobalt SS TC is doing it the other way. They are using the 2-step for the no-lift shift as well. That is why the reviewer commented that there were multiple pops during the no-lift shift. That is because the 2-step was kicking in. While this might help develop more boost, I don't think you need it. It's easier on your transmission and it makes the shift less forceful if the engine is completely off. Plus, the dip in boost is practically unmeasurable, if you shift fast enough...

Originally Posted by siphon_78
i was wondering what firmware i have on my wot box "vez@"
You should get 2.3.

Originally Posted by BIG-DAVE
will this work for the 2.2 cobalts cause i could really use this ?
It looks like it will only work right now on the 07+ 2.2 Cobalt. The way the software works right now it requires a coil-on-plug ignition setup. If you have that, you're good to go. If not, I'm working on a more generic software load that should work with just about anything else...

Originally Posted by Opi

Video tomorrow.
Yeah, need slicks...

Last edited by phrozen; 07-18-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2008, 12:01 AM

thanks man you have been great at answering my q's i tend to over think everything and sometimes come up with alot of q's... thanks for being patient with me
Old 07-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor

thanks man you have been great at answering my q's i tend to over think everything and sometimes come up with alot of q's... thanks for being patient with me
the only dumb question is the one that wasnt asked
Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Opi

oh, and by the way, the g/f LOVES the no-lift shift. she said it's just like being in an automatic now
Old 07-19-2008, 12:35 AM

bitchin
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 AM

I hope mine comes tomorrow, its been three days.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:51 AM

Should be. The test car was an 06, I believe. For the coil power, go by the pin location, not the wire color. That might vary a bit...

nah Jon, my car is an 05
Old 07-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by Opi
oh, and by the way, the g/f LOVES the no-lift shift. she said it's just like being in an automatic now
That's the gayest **** I've ever heard.

Quick Reply: New Product Announcement: The WOT Box!