N2MB Racing N2MB Racing is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: phrozen ; jay@n2mb

New Product Announcement: The WOT Box!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phrozen I sent you a PM
Old 07-19-2008, 09:17 PM

Installed mine and flashed it with the newer 2.3 firmware today. All I can say is damn this thing is fun!! I can't wait to try it out at the track.

Thanks!!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 PM

I got mine today I tried to change my order before you sent it but never got a response can I still add the launch control at the discounted price? I asked on post #100 on this thread
Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Bannned

Originally Posted by Area47
you can, but it's not a wise idea to diable that one

cole, burned through the clutch?!?!?
dats no bueno
yep, i sure did. my clutch doesnt catch until all the way let out and it slips 500rpms before it kinda catches. stock clutch.... ftl
Old 07-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by powerz
I got mine today I tried to change my order before you sent it but never got a response can I still add the launch control at the discounted price? I asked on post #100 on this thread
Sorry, I must have missed it. It's hard to keep up with this thread. PM me and we'll get you upgraded.

you can, but it's not a wise idea to diable that one
That's a good point. You probably shouldn't disable that code since it is informative if it happens when you are not 2-stepping....

Last edited by phrozen; 07-19-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 AM

well thats a bonus

yea.

people with 07's the ignition wire is a dark pink/red with a white tracer. the other wire appears black or really dark blue with a white tracer.

confused as to what 07 you have? look at your steering wheel. flat buttons? early 07. raised buttons? mid/late 07

now i just have to hide the wires

todays lesson. don't do this at 2 am. 11 psi at 2400 rpms. meth being dumped. sounds like a damn slow firing machine gun

wewt!
Post a video ya jackass!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
screw next week. I just ordered it. Sorry, I didn't notice the "please enter your forum name here" link until after I clicked the pay now button, but my paypal account name is treybyrd07@msn.com... When do you think I could expect to have this in?
Old 07-20-2008, 06:10 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
That sounds awesome. I hope my car sounds half that decent with it installed. Do something about the turbo though, it sucks to see it smoking like that.
yeah I need to fix that. That POS original bov I had is what did it. Never opened correctly. Oh well, hopefully I can get it fixed under warranty, if not, I'll be going with something else.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:35 AM

Im very interested but i have a 2.4. Im curious if any 2.4s got theirs on. also to the vendor. For what I have in my car should i just get launch control or the nls? I plan to turbo later on but for now Launching is a big problem I've been having..
Old 07-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
yeah I need to fix that. That POS original bov I had is what did it. Never opened correctly. Oh well, hopefully I can get it fixed under warranty, if not, I'll be going with something else.
TIAL or bust, don't waste time with cheap ****. You should know that....

Originally Posted by Zdeuce4
Im very interested but i have a 2.4. Im curious if any 2.4s got theirs on. also to the vendor. For what I have in my car should i just get launch control or the nls? I plan to turbo later on but for now Launching is a big problem I've been having..
Get both, the WOT shift feature helps limit drivetrain wear and tear when powershifting. Still much better than not using one at all and WOT shifting, or regular fast shifting. Launch control will only really help people with good tires, it can only do so much for garbage stock tires, but it will make whatever you have much more consistent.

Last edited by ItalianJoe1; 07-20-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor

Get both, the WOT shift feature helps limit drivetrain wear and tear when powershifting. Still much better than not using one at all and WOT shifting, or regular fast shifting. Launch control will only really help people with good tires, it can only do so much for garbage stock tires, but it will make whatever you have much more consistent.
Great response. I agree.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:41 AM

yes! I've been waiting to buy one of these

I think I'll wait until I'm willing to go catless and void my warranty though
Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM

i made it out to the track last night on the dr's and will have a reveiw of the box posted up with vids later
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM

Ordered the WOT Box with No-Lift Shift AND Launch Control last night from the 1st page link and got the $189 (+ 9.99 shipping) price - I hope it's still valid....
Old 07-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by donjuaniii
Ordered the WOT Box with No-Lift Shift AND Launch Control last night from the 1st page link and got the $189 (+ 9.99 shipping) price - I hope it's still valid....
Yup. Still valid...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
the no lift **** thing has an annoying feature. you BARELY touch the clutch pedal it activates.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor

the no lift **** thing has an annoying feature. you BARELY touch the clutch pedal it activates.
Yes, that is the point. It should activate as soon as you touch the clutch pedal while in WOT. If you are not in WOT, it shouldn't do anything. So, normal driving you shouldn't ever engage the WOT Box.

Is it kicking in somehow when it shouldn't?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by phrozen
Yup. Still valid...
Excellent!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:39 PM

well I got mine installed .I just got nolift shift.I hate anything to do with the elec. workings on the car and this reminds me why. I guess I have not done somthing correct .testing in the drive way works fine get on the road haha nope.sometimes it works sometimes it does not .plus i can be at wot not touching the clutch and it kills the engine just like it would if i had pressed the clutch at just odd rpms like between 3500-6500rpm . Any have any idea what I should check.All of my connections are soldered

Another quick test to make sure you have the ignition wires right is to just unplug the WOT box and make sure the car doesn't start.[/QUOTE]

did this car wont start so I guess that parts ok
also lol so this is also an anti-theft device just pull it out every night

Last edited by powerz; 07-20-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

well I got mine installed .I just got nolift shift.I hate anything to do with the elec. workings on the car and this reminds me why. I guess I have not done somthing correct .testing in the drive way works fine get on the road haha nope.sometimes it works sometimes it does not .plus i can be at wot not touching the clutch and it kills the engine just like it would if i had pressed the clutch at just odd rpms like between 3500-6500rpm . Any have any idea what I should check.All of my connections are soldered

Another quick test to make sure you have the ignition wires right is to just unplug the WOT box and make sure the car doesn't start.
did this car wont start so I guess that parts ok
also lol so this is also an anti-theft device just pull it out every night[/QUOTE]

When you say that it kills the engine just like it would if you had pressed the clutch, does that happen while you are at WOT or whenever you are at those RPMs?

I would recheck your ground connection and your clutch switch connection (the green wire). If the green wire is loose, then anytime it bounces around it could trigger the no-lift shift if you are already at WOT. Make sure the connection is well insulated. If there is bare metal exposed and it touches the chassis, it will also think the clutch has been pushed when it has not been.

The same thing applies for the ground wire. If the ground wire comes loose, the WOT Box can get false triggers as well.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 PM

well I just got done redoing the whole thing still the same problem.since all of my connections are solid the install is perfect.
So I tried paying better attention to when exactly it happens.it is when i hit a bump under wot or a fly lands on the clutch pedal under wot LOL the damn thing is just that sensative.So now I am installing a spring under the dash to keep extra tension pulling up on the clutch.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor

well I just got done redoing the whole thing still the same problem.since all of my connections are solid the install is perfect.
So I tried paying better attention to when exactly it happens.it is when i hit a bump under wot or a fly lands on the clutch pedal under wot LOL the damn thing is just that sensative.So now I am installing a spring under the dash to keep extra tension pulling up on the clutch.
Ok, then it seems like it is your clutch switch. Take a look at the switch body. Some of them have adjustment threads. You should be able to adjust the point at which it switches.

If you key on the car but do not start it, then floor the throttle, you should see the WOT Box start to blink. Then you can slowly start pushing on the clutch pedal until you see the light go out, come back on solid and start blinking again. That will be the trigger point. If it happens too early, try adjusting your clutch switch.

Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be adjusted with the WOT Box, since the clutch switch is just a simple on / off switch. So, in order to change it you have to adjust the switch itself.

Let me know what you find.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
TIAL or bust, don't waste time with cheap ****. You should know that....
got the Hahn one in there now, works flawlessly
Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 PM

I upgraded to software version 2.3. I think the 1500rpm threshold should be more like 2500rpm. I don't know how many times I messed up and hit the PCMs fuel cut rev limiter trying to stage or get a burnout going. Is there anyway to change this? Or should I just go back to version 2.2? I like the auto mode on the 2.3 version better though so I really don't want to change back.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor

Sure, we can change it. So you were trying to 2-step, and it didn't engage because it revv'ed up too fast before the gas was all the way down? Did you really stomp the gas or ease into it?

Eventually, all these parameters will be customizable through the Windows software.

Quick Reply: New Product Announcement: The WOT Box!