N2MB Racing N2MB Racing is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: phrozen ; jay@n2mb

New Product Announcement: The WOT Box!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
You did have enough to get mine out, right?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatrickstu
damn, not having any products sucks, but selling all your units doesnt haha
I'd rather be selling more than sitting around waiting for parts to come from the Philippines. Doh.

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
You did have enough to get mine out, right?
PM me your name you ordered under. I've lost track...

I will be emailing everyone with a pending order in a few minutes...

Last edited by phrozen; 07-21-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by phrozen
I'd rather be selling more than sitting around waiting for parts to come from the Philippines. Doh.

PM me your name you ordered under. I've lost track...

I will be emailing everyone with a pending order in a few minutes...

Does that mean if you get the email that there will be at least a 2 week wait?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 AM

product review...

the wot feature...

what i love about it...

1. its really easy to install with some basic automotive skills...
2. its really easy to operate, program, upgrade...
3. it seems to work exactly as described... (no hidden catches)
4. for people needing driver mod this is for you...
5. it's cool as hell and is great for car shows/ parking lot meet ups
6. the nice blue flame during wot shifts
7. the occasional shot gun blast from the tail pipe, turns lots of heads (esp in vons parking lot)
8. anti theft device

the launch control...

1. it is very smooth and right on were you set it.
2. i love that there is so much adjustability (every 200rpm from 2000 up)
3. it seems to work flawlessly havent had an issue yet.
4. 2600 rpm and im building nearly 15lbs of boost

what i dont love so much...

1. if your anywhere above 250whp on stock clutch the clutch does not like (at all)
2. a fly lands on the clutch pedal and your eating leather wrapped steering wheel
3. i feel as though i was a better driver than the box was attempting to make me!

4. now i have to learn how to drive the cobalt all over again...

as you can see the pro's out # the cons 3-1 which is good if you ask me... especially when the vendor offers to customize and design basically any kind of change imaginable...

i am in no-way talking down on this product i love it, but i feel as if the launch control was needed the no lift shift was not...

great product phrozen... you have my approval...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Bannned

TWOT box ftw
Old 07-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...Any '06 2.4's running this thing yet?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
...Any '06 2.4's running this thing yet?
Hmm... I don't have pinouts for that motor. Do you have coil on plug ignition with built-in igniters? I.e. There should be at least 3 wires coming off of each ignition coil.

Awesome review.

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
1. if your anywhere above 250whp on stock clutch the clutch does not like (at all)
Yeah, WOT shifting is hard on the clutch, but it would be even harder without the WOT Box, since the engine would be revv'ing up instead of slowing down...

2. a fly lands on the clutch pedal and your eating leather wrapped steering wheel
I'll try to think of there's anything we can do about that, but I don't know of any other check to make sure you are doing a WOT Shift, vs. the clutch pedal is just moving. Also, we can try raising the threshold on the accelerator pedal position sensor, so that it doesn't arm the WOT Box unless you are really at WOT. If you find it is happening at part throttle, we can raise the threshold so that it doesn't engage until WOT, which is where it should be anyway. However, I usually start with a default value for every car of about 3.0 volts. We can tweak it if need be.

Other than that, I can only recommend trying to modify your clutch switch to make it less sensitive.

3. i feel as though i was a better driver than the box was attempting to make me!
4. now i have to learn how to drive the cobalt all over again...
Take it off auto mode and dial down the WOT Shift settings. Jay says the auto mode is stupid anyway.... Oh well, so much for my good idea. hehe.

Actually, we talked about it and I agree that the auto mode is going to be too slow for a good, fast WOT shift.

Last edited by phrozen; 07-22-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2008, 08:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Eh if I don't use auto mode my clutch slips like a bitch, but I'm also running way to much HP and TQ for a stock clutch anyway. Auto mode it grips like a champ though, but shifts a bit slow, but since I've always granny shifted my car, it's no biggy
Old 07-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
hungry. welcome to the world of steering wheel eating

enjoy your stay.

if you nail the shifts right on auto setting. it sometimes will fireball, sometimes not.

i, like paul, am still on the stock clutch. has not slipped a bit when wot shifting during my 5 back to back runs sunday
Old 07-22-2008, 11:03 AM

you bitches on stock clutches.

swap a real one in there and feel the power your missing.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 AM

my second stock clutch is holding up well. i have yet to get any slip from it with the WOT Box.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

I'm impressed with the Cobalt stock clutch. My stock clutch on my SRT started slipping with the S3 turbo on HOM. (About 350 HP / TQ).
Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by 06black
you bitches on stock clutches.

swap a real one in there and feel the power your missing.
go break another tranny

lol
my clutch is fine. why upgrade when i don't need to.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
go break another tranny

lol
my clutch is fine. why upgrade when i don't need to.
never had a trans problem bitch!

i had it apart to cryo it a while back....i've snapped lots of roll pins tho, i now have a bolt!

as for your clutch, i've said it before, and i'll say it again.

even if the clutch "grabs" and stuff, i'd bet solid money on the fact that its slipping at all times, or at least under power.

i thought my stocker was fine when i was a 2.7car bolt on car with 16k, it grabbed, never smelled funny, ect, then i slapped a spec in it and it got a whole lot quicker and more responsive.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 PM

ha never snapped a roll pin.
I can't wait to put the clutch in this car, I just don't have the time right now til I finish moving and whatnot. Clutch does hold some power though as long as you don't try and slip it.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by 06black
never had a trans problem bitch!

i had it apart to cryo it a while back....i've snapped lots of roll pins tho, i now have a bolt!

as for your clutch, i've said it before, and i'll say it again.

even if the clutch "grabs" and stuff, i'd bet solid money on the fact that its slipping at all times, or at least under power.

i thought my stocker was fine when i was a 2.7car bolt on car with 16k, it grabbed, never smelled funny, ect, then i slapped a spec in it and it got a whole lot quicker and more responsive.
blah blah blah

it's not that i wouldn't mind having a better clutch. it's trying to negate the trouble of doing it.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:36 PM

^^^ i hear that ^^^ i wont be doing mine till it wont hold 150 hp lol

why throw away money before its time too... im at 14k mi i just cant see myself spending 1300 on a new clutch at 14k mi (1100, clutch kit & flyw, and slave cyl 200)

Originally Posted by phrozen
Hmm... I don't have pinouts for that motor. Do you have coil on plug ignition with built-in igniters? I.e. There should be at least 3 wires coming off of each ignition coil.

Awesome review.

Yeah, WOT shifting is hard on the clutch, but it would be even harder without the WOT Box, since the engine would be revv'ing up instead of slowing down...

I'll try to think of there's anything we can do about that, but I don't know of any other check to make sure you are doing a WOT Shift, vs. the clutch pedal is just moving. Also, we can try raising the threshold on the accelerator pedal position sensor, so that it doesn't arm the WOT Box unless you are really at WOT. If you find it is happening at part throttle, we can raise the threshold so that it doesn't engage until WOT, which is where it should be anyway. However, I usually start with a default value for every car of about 3.0 volts. We can tweak it if need be.

Other than that, I can only recommend trying to modify your clutch switch to make it less sensitive.

Take it off auto mode and dial down the WOT Shift settings. Jay says the auto mode is stupid anyway.... Oh well, so much for my good idea. hehe.

Actually, we talked about it and I agree that the auto mode is going to be too slow for a good, fast WOT shift.

well much better luck with the wot shifting today im in auto mode still, but clutch grabbed completely today... guess it just took some getting used to... i think i was still scared it would work so i wasnt shifting fast enough, but today i banged secon and got a howl from the 235/40/18 g forces which i have not heard in a long time it usually the clutch would give before those fat ass tires...

i like the wot shift alot more now...

Originally Posted by Area47
hungry. welcome to the world of steering wheel eating

enjoy your stay.

if you nail the shifts right on auto setting. it sometimes will fireball, sometimes not.

i, like paul, am still on the stock clutch. has not slipped a bit when wot shifting during my 5 back to back runs sunday

mmmm cow hide in the mornings

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-22-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2008, 11:32 PM

question...with the 2 step is it cutting spark or fuel? i thought when i went to your site I saw that it cuts both but I could've misread.

just curious because I'd love more consistent launches at the track on spray but of course if this cuts fuel I'm SOL...

and before anyone says anything, yes I do suck and I need help

*edit - oh my bad I see you don't have anything for pre 07 2.2's yet*
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 AM

well i was very sad to see my wide band go completly lean at 18+ AFR while on the 2 step [IMG][/IMG]

so im assuming it deff cuts fuel, but while on the 2-step it smells like raw fuel and black smoke is pouring out the exhaust
Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 AM

Just cuts spark, car is in closed loop at that point and is trying to lean back out (reading raw fuel from O2 sensor #1)
Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IonNinja
question...with the 2 step is it cutting spark or fuel? i thought when i went to your site I saw that it cuts both but I could've misread.

*edit - oh my bad I see you don't have anything for pre 07 2.2's yet*
I need to fix that. On the SRT-4s we cut spark and fuel. On everything else we've been cutting only spark.

Yeah, we only support coil-on-plug ignition cars at the moment, but I have something else in the works... I'll post up on it if it works in about a week.

well i was very sad to see my wide band go completly lean at 18+ AFR while on the 2 step [IMG][/IMG]

so im assuming it deff cuts fuel, but while on the 2-step it smells like raw fuel and black smoke is pouring out the exhaust
It only cuts ignition. When you installed it, you only wired into the ignition coil power, so that's all it will cut.

It could be showing lean since the wideband measures oxygen content in the exhaust, and with unburnt fuel, there will be lots of extra oxygen. That should cause it to indicate lean, when it is really super rich.

Last edited by phrozen; 07-23-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 AM

It only cuts ignition. When you installed it, you only wired into the ignition coil power, so that's all it will cut.

It could be showing lean since the wideband measures oxygen content in the exhaust, and with unburnt fuel, there will be lots of extra oxygen. That should cause it to indicate lean, when it is really super rich.[/QUOTE]

gotcha makes sense...

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
Just cuts spark, car is in closed loop at that point and is trying to lean back out (reading raw fuel from O2 sensor #1)
why in your vid it stayed at 12 something, i know your turbo and custom tuned is this why?

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-24-2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
I want one... and its my Birthday... so I've got a couple B-Day bucks...

What's the going price... (checks page 1)...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
200.00 i thought

Last edited by steddy2112; 07-24-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Yes... $189... I just might be getting me one.

Quick Reply: New Product Announcement: The WOT Box!