North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

Minnesota Balts 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lijewski
jeff - which class are you racing in at the karts event (1-10)?
I wasnt sure so I put 7 for me and 5 for Parnell...I was gonna put 10 but I didnt wana be to cocky

Originally Posted by hoffa
btw... who's all meeting at my place on thursday april 3rd for this again???
Justin, Parnell and myself...not sure on the other 2 members. I havent seen them most in a while.

Last edited by rallyracer; 03-11-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
HAHAHAHA, ok seriously I can start in 1st....slow otherwise i get wheel hope bad, 2nd is mad wheel hop too, damn that thing is a torq monster. Hmm I wasnt going to drive my ms3 because I figured if i just rode with jeff, i could be a back up for sober driving or what not. that and now we can train rally racing with me being a copilot.
The friend im bring to the kart challenge is working on getting into rally. he is car shopping as we speek and we are going to at least 1 event this year. I might be his codriver. We are going to waste lots of time building the car from scratch. Its going lots of hard work and learning. But if i can make a career out of reading that would be awsome.

I <3 rally
Old 03-11-2008, 03:48 PM

Ummm if you get into rally you better bring me with you.....I think I was born to rally race.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM

show up to the events and get to know people then start getting a car together. just get safety equipment on it and drive in the stock class. get the roll cage, seats, harness, suit, helmets, tires, brakes, and a few other safety pieces then register and race. run conservatively for a year then waste more money on a better car or by building up your car. and race harder and harder. brake your car and beg for sponsors to help you get a new one.

This is our plan at least.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Parnell and I have talked about getting into rally...thing is we both wana drive so I think we'd need to get 2 cars

Last edited by rallyracer; 03-11-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2008, 04:25 PM

parnell, i dont see why you don't drive your ms3 down too. a lot of people i've talked to like those cars.

just don't try to launch it
Old 03-11-2008, 04:32 PM

my suggestion is get one car and then share it. some events allow the car to be used by more then one driver.

My friend is looking for a mid to late 90'subaru impreza wago so we can haul a set of tires with us and more stuff. maybe later we would get a support vehicle that could tow the car, but for now we would keep the race car street legal.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 PM

^ well if you ever need a backup driver you know Im down...I'll be the one who makes up for lost time.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:46 PM

rally, where do you rally race???
Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 PM

Hoffa I'am down with meeting at your place. Jeff and Justin we need to meet up so I can follow you guys to Hoffa's place.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Greased
rally, where do you rally race???
rally america is based in mn. also there is land o lakes rally events. i might go to the minnesota rally america event this year just to see how the event is done.

http://www.rally-america.com/index.php

http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/index.php

If you know what to look for, you can find tons of racing events in the midwest.

Originally Posted by freshyellowss
Hoffa I'am down with meeting at your place. Jeff and Justin we need to meet up so I can follow you guys to Hoffa's place.
i work until 5 that day. i could meet after that to head down to hoffa's.

Last edited by lijewski; 03-11-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
dude the duluth folk up here rally all the time. Im actually signing up for a dirt rally with my ms3 then im gonna try for the autox school and go from their. My ms3 ill prolly autox. as for "rally" the best way to start is fwd.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:27 PM

dude the duluth folk up here rally all the time. Im actually signing up for a dirt rally with my ms3 then im gonna try for the autox school and go from their. My ms3 ill prolly autox. as for "rally" the best way to start is fwd.
the early autox school is already filled up. the june one still has openings.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 PM

For rally america rally events (which is probably the only true sanctioning body that holds rally races) the ONLY way you can start is FWD, you need to get as many races in as FWD N/A group 2 car or production car thats N/A (i believe 13 contingency races) before you can move up to an AWD or boosted class, like Group 5 or Open

There is a few local off-road rally's including Ojibwe National Forest rally (which is a national event with all the big wigs) and shooting star, There is atleast one more but i forget the name right now. If your willing to travel, Michigan holds 2 national Events also, Sno Drift and LSPR.

The best way to get a hold of rally is start in Rally-X all though its only similar in the fact that your off road, you will gain experience in driving the car in the conditions.
In order to get into a sactioned event that Rally America holds, you need to start out with a group 2 or production car set-up for rally, Including fully rally spec cage, rally computer, helmets, harnesses, rally legal seats, and this year Hans devices are mandatory. All together the safety equipment involved to get a car ready for an Rally america event is roughly 5-6k
Plus suspension work.
plus registration and gas money
plus the car must have insurance on it
Tires, tools, and people to help
and gas

expect to pay around 10k just to get started in one race.

seems like every time i look at this thread some one is talking about Rally Racing, if anyone has any question regarding rally, or Rally-x PM directly. I crew for #83 Mayhem Mustang Rally Car, and #83 and #86 rally-x cars. also IIRA ice racing

Also any of the events I mentioned always are looking for "workers", This is the best way to spectate the sport and still be involved. basicly show up for the rally event and sign up for a worker, they will assign you a spot to work, all you need to do is go to your spot and make sure everything stays off the coarse, you'll get to watch all the cars go by about 20 ft of coarse.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 AM

rally america is based in mn. also there is land o lakes rally events. i might go to the minnesota rally america event this year just to see how the event is done.

http://www.rally-america.com/index.php

http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/index.php

If you know what to look for, you can find tons of racing events in the midwest.

i work until 5 that day. i could meet after that to head down to hoffa's.
sounds good to me. work it out amongst you guys. it only takes an hour to get down here.

as far as the rally thing goes... if you guys do by chance get into this... let me know. i've always wanted to do something like this

i think a MN cobalt rally group is in order

(with a ms3 spectator of course.............. ) j/p
Old 03-12-2008, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by hoffa
as far as the rally thing goes... if you guys do by chance get into this... let me know. i've always wanted to do something like this

i think a MN cobalt rally group is in order

(with a ms3 spectator of course.............. ) j/p
I will be getting into rally this year at least by building a car for it and attending a couple events. My cobalt will not be on dirt and gravel roads, as of now its tarmac only. I will definately envite everyone out once everything is up and running.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 PM

spectator? wtf you know my ass would burn circles around your ass hoffa...well until i got bored then id go drive and pick your sister up to take her on a date.

Yeah Im gonna get into autox/rally racing with rallyracer, he is one hell of a driver and i dont mind copiloting because i cant see the road then...@#$@#$ he scares me driving hahhaha i just need to work on my manual driving, slightly nooby at it.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 AM

spectator? wtf you know my ass would burn circles around your ass hoffa...well until i got bored then id go drive and pick your sister up to take her on a date.

Yeah Im gonna get into autox/rally racing with rallyracer, he is one hell of a driver and i dont mind copiloting because i cant see the road then...@#$@#$ he scares me driving hahhaha i just need to work on my manual driving, slightly nooby at it.
you only say that now cuz you have a faster car than me... traitor. thats fine, i'll be the only NA here.

just don't screw up on the clutch when you are burning circles around me
Old 03-13-2008, 12:27 PM

hahah duh, the vibe has nothing to the 2.0-2.4 engine. i could beat yea with the 2zz but i had the 1zz without lift Dude at least you are rocking a fake SS manual. I mean it could be worse...it could be the sport model

as for my clutch, the smell gets less and less noticable in my garage....hopefully it goes away sometime

It snowed here a couple inches and getting to work....no fun no fun at all.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:49 PM

fake ss?? you cocksucking ****, that hurt!

this twirp is going to make me do a build within the next year... damnit!

i hope your clutch burns out on the way down here in two weeks
Old 03-13-2008, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by freshyellowss
Jeff and Justin we need to meet up so I can follow you guys to Hoffa's place.
Sounds like a plan
Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM

^so where and when should we meet up that evening? I get off work at 5pm.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM

^so where and when should we meet up that evening? I get off work at 5pm.
Let me see what time Parnell can get down to the Cities...but I think he can get down here around 6pm-ish.

We could meet up in the Target parking lot across from the Har-Mar Mall...that way were not wasting time and gas driving the wrong direction just to meet up.

If you have an idea on a better meet-up location, please post it up.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:34 PM

^sounds good to me for meeting up. easy to find and easy to get to.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM

hoffa you know im keeding your NA'ness is okay since you have a hot sister. and she actually talked to my nerdy ass :P why didnt you get the SC SS? the one in benson 19k dude, new!

This is on a thurs or friday we are heading down? I will just go to work earlier and get off early 3pm or so then be down by 5-6pm.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Balts 2008