North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

Minnesota Balts 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... my car as of today so much for the trip to rochester and a happy 22nd bday... $7000 min damage done. find out for sure soon

Last edited by 07SCCobaltSS; 09-16-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 PM

Story?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cuda009

Story?
some 17 or 18 year old girl didn't know where she was going. wen't from a left turn lane with me beside her realizing she didn't want on the road that was at the t intersection just in front of me (lexington ave and victoria st for those who know shoreview) and decided she was gonna slam on the breaks and whip hard into a driveway just on the other side of me so she could turn around.

she hit the back and of my car and my door and rim with her front bumper and then tried to flee so i got my phone, took a pic of her plates just in case and stood behind her suv so she couldn't go anywhere, she then got out and told me as i was callin the cops that she didn't have insurance.

yada yada yada, dev does everything possible to not flip out and remain calm and not say anything to her. cop took the report (she admitted she turned from the left lane through my lane not seeing me trying for the drive way) and i took it to chevy and called in my claim.

no trip to rochester along with many other things i had planned that she totally ruined for me includin my bday. i planned on making one last trip to iowa this year while i could to visit family one of which was my 92 year old great grandpa who i took for a ride when i bought it about a year ago and i guess all he talks about is me and my car and how he wants me to come down and give him a ride and go fishing with him and all.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
WTF, she tried a hit and run. wait ok, glad you are okay though! what a bitch though, man good reason to have a camera phone. so she hits you then tries to just keep driving? but by you following her and on the cell she pulled over?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by northvibe
WTF, she tried a hit and run. wait ok, glad you are okay though! what a bitch though, man good reason to have a camera phone. so she hits you then tries to just keep driving? but by you following her and on the cell she pulled over?
she pulled into the driveway that she was originally turning for before she hit be but you have to go from the left turn lane through the right turn lane, which i was in, to the drive way. so she hit me, i slammed on the breaks and turned off the car and jumped outta my car cuz i knew immediatly what happened and was pissed off way more than i ever thought i could be and she just pulled up into the driveway and i saw the reverse lights kick on so i grabbed my phone to take a pic of her plates as i ran as fast as i could to get behind her. i took the pic and got behind her suv so she finally put it in park and got out.

first words are what's wrong. i was like wtf do you think is wrong you threw the corner of your ******* suv into the side of my car. she's like oh... knowing she had done it and goes well it isn't bad is it. i was like no runnin into the side of a car with an suv won't do any damage i couldn't pay for with the cash in my wallet, of course it's ******* bad.

i said i was callin the cops and told her to get her license and insurance ready and she said she didn't think she was insured. i looked at her, then my car and back at her and said you just ran into the side of a 30 ******* thousand dollar car, you'd better damn well have insurance cuz i'm sure as hell not payin for the damages you did to it.

she's like what'll it cost. i was like i dunno a whole new side probably 4-5 grand and that's bein nice she goes it's not that much... i said listen and pointed at the f'd up rim and told her that stock rim alone is $800 and the tire on it is $350 at the dealership which is where i'm takin it to get fixed so don't tell me it's not that much.

i was mean how i was talking to her but i never once raised my voice. it took everything i had not to flip out. i didn't say anything else to her and just made sure she stayed there until the cop showed up to file the report
Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Don't go to a dealership to get it fixed. Go to an experienced body shop.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 AM

Don't go to a dealership to get it fixed. Go to an experienced body shop.
trust me, they have an experienced body shop and i know everyone there and i know it'll all be done and it'll all be done right. and if isn't for whatever reason i know all the people high up to talk to in order to have it done right cuz i've spoken with them multiple times about things with my car. they also all know me on the sales floor, in the service bay and in management and know how much i spent on my car, they know i'm brining them business through referrals and business from myself along with the fact that they all know i'm comin back to them for a vette and not anybody else. i'm treated very well there and i also trust them all and know it'll be done right
Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 AM

most dealerships just outsource it to a body shop they have a tie too. I took my ms3 and vibe to Raymond auto body, They did beyond my expectations repair on both cars. Id recommend them.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 AM

most dealerships just outsource it to a body shop they have a tie too. I took my ms3 and vibe to Raymond auto body, They did beyond my expectations repair on both cars. Id recommend them.
friendly chev has their own body shop which is good cuz if somethin is wrong i know everyone to go to in order to make sure it's fixed and done right but i'm honestly not worried that i'll have any problems like that.

the shop that did the work on your car seemed to have done a really good job, yours was the one that had the deer hit it right?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Oh if they have their own body shop in the dealer then yes do that, they will do up to gm specifics. I tried to have polar do my car but they dont have their own body shop so thats why i chose raymond.

Best deal u get is, if its more than just body work, they can fix mechanical things there too!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM

nice. if i didn't have such a good relationship and position with friendly i'd def take your advice on that one. sounds like they really know their stuff
Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Man Im sorry dev.
My one and only accident was in my 1980 El Camino. Some bitch talking on her cell phone ran the red light and hit the side of me. There wasn't even a barely a scratch on my car but her sunfire was all smashed up in the front. Some how don't ask me how but the insurance company ruled it 100% my fault. Get this, they didn't pay her a dime either. I switch insurance companies like a week later.
Whats Ironic is the fact that own the same color and year sunfire now. regrettably so that is...
Glad your ok and I hope that teen gets whats coming to her ass.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Villain
Man Im sorry dev.
My one and only accident was in my 1980 El Camino. Some bitch talking on her cell phone ran the red light and hit the side of me. There wasn't even a barely a scratch on my car but her sunfire was all smashed up in the front. Some how don't ask me how but the insurance company ruled it 100% my fault. Get this, they didn't pay her a dime either. I switch insurance companies like a week later.
Whats Ironic is the fact that own the same color and year sunfire now. regrettably so that is...
Glad your ok and I hope that teen gets whats coming to her ass.
she will... i just found out from her insurance company that she's uninsured. more than likely i'm gonna have to take her to court and sue her...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM

WOW Dev that sucks.

I was wondering why I hadn't seen your car in the parking lot. How long are they expecting this to take to get it all fixed back up? Also, if that bitch is hot you better get some angry sex outta this ordeal...along with her money.

Hoffa you may wana switch the weekend to a later date so that us TC folk can come down.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

hoffa.. is a bitch that is all
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Oh and BTW Dev, you now get to join me in the cocktard group, haha
Old 09-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
Oh and BTW Dev, you now get to join me in the cocktard group, haha
i didn't by choice. bitch hit me. she was 17 and ugly so no angry sex but i may sue for the money since she doesn't have insurance. i'm so confused on what to do cuz i'm gonna get fucked since she doesn't have the insurance.

it was stated her fault but since she doesn't have the ins then i have to pay my ins co for it to get fixed meaning i'll get the accident on my record where as if she had it then i wouldn't cover anything and nothin would go on my record and with my 2 tint tickets that'll make 3 violations... good thing next thurs i'm 22, hope that'll make a lil difference

hoffa should move the date back. i was really lookin forward to it and now i'm just fucked.

i probably won't have my car back til the second week of oct. sounds like they'll probably need 3 weeks with it since they are workin with the ins co and everything that'll have to be done and all
Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 PM

Since she's a minor you'll most likely have to sue her parents. Dont expect things to move fast either...I bet it would take months, maybe even a year to get any real court room action goin. Your best bet may be to present her parents with the bill and if they dont pay up then its court room time.

Call 1-800 ASK GARY (please tell me you've seen the gay ass commercials ) ....well In your case you may wana try that number and see if they'll give you any free advice.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 PM

Friendly Chev sucks. They told me the SS/TC was 0% for five years. I read online that people were getting it pulled by GM, so I told them to double check. They still said that it was. When they checked with GM, GM said no. Friendly told me they'd hold the car for the weekend and see what they could do for me. They sold the car over the weekend. **** Friendlly.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 07SCCobaltSS
i didn't by choice. bitch hit me. she was 17 and ugly so no angry sex but i may sue for the money since she doesn't have insurance. i'm so confused on what to do cuz i'm gonna get fucked since she doesn't have the insurance.

it was stated her fault but since she doesn't have the ins then i have to pay my ins co for it to get fixed meaning i'll get the accident on my record where as if she had it then i wouldn't cover anything and nothin would go on my record and with my 2 tint tickets that'll make 3 violations... good thing next thurs i'm 22, hope that'll make a lil difference

hoffa should move the date back. i was really lookin forward to it and now i'm just fucked.

i probably won't have my car back til the second week of oct. sounds like they'll probably need 3 weeks with it since they are workin with the ins co and everything that'll have to be done and all
tint tickets are not moving violations, therefore should not go on your insurance??
Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 PM

Just tell your insurance company to sue / take them to court. Thats what you pay them to do. If they wont, still go through with it, yes her parents will most likely get involved so you'll prolly get some money out of it. kids need to learn not to do dumb **** and she could of hurt someone real bad.

yes hoffa, pick a new date.....do it
Old 09-18-2008, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
Since she's a minor you'll most likely have to sue her parents. Dont expect things to move fast either...I bet it would take months, maybe even a year to get any real court room action goin. Your best bet may be to present her parents with the bill and if they dont pay up then its court room time.

Call 1-800 ASK GARY (please tell me you've seen the gay ass commercials ) ....well In your case you may wana try that number and see if they'll give you any free advice.
her dad called me and wants to pay out of pocket, we'll see how that goes

Friendly Chev sucks. They told me the SS/TC was 0% for five years. I read online that people were getting it pulled by GM, so I told them to double check. They still said that it was. When they checked with GM, GM said no. Friendly told me they'd hold the car for the weekend and see what they could do for me. They sold the car over the weekend. **** Friendlly.
all the sales people are idiots which is why david hansen is the only one i talk to or recommend on the sales floor

Originally Posted by Ryze
tint tickets are not moving violations, therefore should not go on your insurance??
already are. i even switched insurance and every company records them as moving violations. they are the same as rolling a stop sign. they are moving violations and multiple insurance companies proved it to me when it comes to minnesota. my record is clean except for those two tint tickets and my insurance went from 205 a month to 320 a month after the two tint tickets. they are moving violations here...

Just tell your insurance company to sue / take them to court. Thats what you pay them to do. If they wont, still go through with it, yes her parents will most likely get involved so you'll prolly get some money out of it. kids need to learn not to do dumb **** and she could of hurt someone real bad.

yes hoffa, pick a new date.....do it
still agree lol pick a new date and yeah i'm gonna try to get them to pay my deductable along with anything else i need and since i'll have to actually pay for he second tire i'll need so i don't have 3 good ones and a bald one i want to make him pay for the one i actually have to buy
Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM

hi guys
Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
hi guys
hey!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:01 PM

Just make him pay for 2 new stock tires which are big bucks and then use that money to buy 4 new BFG KDW 2 tires

Then just keep any tires you have left that are in decent shape and either sell them for cheap or keep em in case you get a flat.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Balts 2008