North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

wisconsin car club (balts and ions)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'll race ya next spring. I have a suprise for you that some people dont know about.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
i'll race ya next spring. I have a suprise for you that some people dont know about.
suprise butsecks
Old 10-16-2007, 12:20 PM

i know jordans dirty little secret.....and damn will people be suprised
Old 10-16-2007, 12:23 PM

thats alright cause i got a few of them up my sleeve..... theres a reason ive been **** poor broke all year since owning my car.... kind of odd considering I make close to or over $2500 a month and only have 900 dollars in bills....... that and total money in parts on my car is $4500. ive owned it since march 30th so...... im in no way discreate about what I do to my friends and everyone i met knows i plan on putting down over 350hp with the supercharger one way or the other
Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z Speed
thats alright cause i got a few of them up my sleeve..... theres a reason ive been **** poor broke all year since owning my car.... kind of odd considering I make close to or over $2500 a month and only have 900 dollars in bills....... that and total money in parts on my car is $4500. ive owned it since march 30th so...... im in no way discreate about what I do to my friends and everyone i met knows i plan on putting down over 350hp with the supercharger one way or the other

good luck.. m62 is a shitty sc to do it with.. go wipple..
Old 10-16-2007, 02:38 PM

you will be maxing that supercharger out after 300 hp. and you will need more than a decent amout of cooling mods. I wont be using the supercharger next spring
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM

probably Naaz.

you'll probably need more than a 50 shot to get over 300 hp. maybe 100 for 330?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 AM

So me and Justing (Z Speeds brother) just got done beating on some skittles. I think they just didnt know how to drive but we made them think twice. Or in justins case, made them think like 5 times in a row. I know I felt awesome about that, and I did it in front of the girl I brought. Jordan I think you know her, Shelly from Street Attack. So if you have any helpful info that would help me out. Just dont tell her I said that, I dont want to scare her off already. I think shes f-ing awesome. So I was on a roll and feeling great. The only downside is that I got a check engine light after my 3rd run, but the car seems fine.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gamebay11
So me and Justing (Z Speeds brother) just got done beating on some skittles. I think they just didnt know how to drive but we made them think twice. Or in justins case, made them think like 5 times in a row. I know I felt awesome about that, and I did it in front of the girl I brought. Jordan I think you know her, Shelly from Street Attack. So if you have any helpful info that would help me out. Just dont tell her I said that, I dont want to scare her off already. I think shes f-ing awesome. So I was on a roll and feeling great. The only downside is that I got a check engine light after my 3rd run, but the car seems fine.
yea, i know her, she's good ****.

do you got an intake? Could be the maf sensor just throwing a code...

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 10-17-2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 12:38 AM

Yeah I figured she was, shes not like normal dramatic girls it seemed. I read some codes I didnt know I had a while ago, I had a random misfire code and a random lean code. Both stored. I hope its somethin easy. And now that I think about it I havent cleaned my filter in a while and I know its dirty.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont know your name but excuse me miss, i saw you from across the room
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 AM
Banned

Yeah I figured she was, shes not like normal dramatic girls it seemed. I read some codes I didnt know I had a while ago, I had a random misfire code and a random lean code. Both stored. I hope its somethin easy. And now that I think about it I havent cleaned my filter in a while and I know its dirty.
if i could hook my dash hawk up to it i would clear it and data log that **** on to my computer ... but i cant.. sorry bro..

Originally Posted by Moza13-
dont know your name but excuse me miss, i saw you from across the room
chick has a smokin bod.... no doubt..

sry bro...a serious bf.. btw.. i forgot to mention that...

Last edited by nramlow2006; 10-17-2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 AM

you will be maxing that supercharger out after 300 hp. and you will need more than a decent amout of cooling mods. I wont be using the supercharger next spring
we will see..... Im already beyond what gm stage 3 puts down without a header and there 2.9 inch pulley.....

jordan its no secret I know you plan to turbo your balt but did u know that our computers max out at about 400hp. kinda shitty if you ask me if you dump all that money into a turbo setup. ive seen plenty of setups with gm stage 2 and nitrous with full bolt ons put you just over 300hp and tq. so think about a lighter rotating assembly, ported head, cams, would provide. then throw nitrous at that with a higher dose. I see over 350hp and tq its all in the tuning which i have the skill....

yea the twinscrew swap is cool but the turn off in that the way they designed it without forged rotors in that charger so your at the max rpm of the blower on a 7k rpm band.

in no way am i thrashing anyone but me and others feel this supercharger has more to give then what everyone sez and im willing to prove it
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM

ryan im goin to have to agree with jordan that the code ur throwin is just ur maf sensor bitching that its gettin too much air. my light is on continulously and i have a interceptor so i just clear it whenever it gets annoying
Old 10-17-2007, 11:45 AM

we will see..... Im already beyond what gm stage 3 puts down without a header and there 2.9 inch pulley.....

jordan its no secret I know you plan to turbo your balt but did u know that our computers max out at about 400hp. kinda shitty if you ask me if you dump all that money into a turbo setup. ive seen plenty of setups with gm stage 2 and nitrous with full bolt ons put you just over 300hp and tq. so think about a lighter rotating assembly, ported head, cams, would provide. then throw nitrous at that with a higher dose. I see over 350hp and tq its all in the tuning which i have the skill....

yea the twinscrew swap is cool but the turn off in that the way they designed it without forged rotors in that charger so your at the max rpm of the blower on a 7k rpm band.

in no way am i thrashing anyone but me and others feel this supercharger has more to give then what everyone sez and im willing to prove it

I dont plan on going over 400hp because of the fact that I will need my car for a DD. But i will tell you this, Turbo>Supercharger (on a 4 cylinder) any day. Turbo's are wayyy more efficient, and I should be seeing IAT's around 80-90 degrees depending on the outside temperature. Which is a huge drop. The max horsepower that was able to be pulled out of our engines with the stock supercharger is around 290 w/o nitrous. thats with a 2.55" pulley, 3" exhaust, meth injection, and the usual stuff. If you run nitrous on our superchargers on anything under a 2.7" pulley, unless you plan on having more than just one or 2 cooling mods, you are going to run HIGH IAT's and your engine is going to burn super hot, and eventually, just burn up and weaken your internals. Honestly, after doing some research, it seems like turbo's are the best way to go. The only thing is, you need to watch out for lag, but with the proper tune, you shouldn't have to worry about that. And whats crazy is that by removing the stock supercharger alone, you'll see like 50 crank hp increase.

dude, if you can get that out of the stock supercharger more power to you! I'm just saying, you gotta be careful with nitrous and these superchargers.

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 10-17-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM

yea I know..........but personally I wanna be different and I dont want my car to change which is why I like the supercharger cause its smooth thru the whole power band.

with the weather we been having my manifold temps dont go above 100 degrees and im on the stock intercooler system right now other then adding redline water wetter to it...

gm build book did it with stage 3 just with the supercharger and exceeded 300hp... and you know gm stuff runs extremely rich. which is why I took my own route mockin everything till i had full bolt ons. and now that i have them its time to start with supporting mods and then the suspension and then into my motor I shall dig. I seriously dont see a problem acheiving over 300 hp and tq on motor and then spray it
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM

I just hope you plan on doing pistions, headstuds, valves, valve springs, rods, ect, ect, because stock internals wont handle the heat from it.

yea, our engines can hit over 300hp, but try doing it w/o nitrous

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 10-17-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 PM

I just hope you plan on doing pistions, headstuds, valves, valve springs, rods, ect, ect, because stock internals wont handle the heat from it.

yea, our engines can hit over 300hp, but try doing it w/o nitrous
yup I plan on doing it all...... forged internals, ported head, cams and valvetrain, and plan to break 300 with a 2.8 pulley without nitrous on stock compression ratio. ive got it all covered I just need vacation time to make it happen and a spare block and crank.....

I dynoed 260hp and 255tq without the header, and 2.8 pulley.... so those 2 things along should be a 15hp gain at the wheels. so not even taking them into the ratio I only got 40hp and 45tq to make before I break 300. better cams and a ported head alone will do that.... add some timing with meth injection and I could fill that gap even more. now lighten the rotating assembly with forged internals and its a done deal
Old 10-17-2007, 03:00 PM

well, i wish you luck with it!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM

thanks man....... dont take offense if I sound like im being a ***** about it or anything.... I just wanna see what I can achieve out of it for myself and then show everyone that you can make plenty of power with the blower..... thats why im sticking with stock compression when i do the build.... all in all I just love how the car feels as it pulls down low as much as it does up top and I dont wanna lose it for a turbo. I know you can size a turbo up but you cant replace the blower whine which is why I choose the cobalt in the first place. cause its different.... yea I looked at a srt4 but just didnt like them.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 PM

I like the whine, but I feel like the turbo has sooo much more potential, and its different from other cobalts

plus i like blow off valves

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 10-17-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the whine, but I feel like the turbo has sooo much more potential, and its different from other cobalts

So basically you are saying that you like to annoy people? I can see it already, I pull up along side of you and whoooooaaammm pssssshh, whooooaaammmm, psssshhhhh!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 PM

by the time my car gets done going whooaaammmm i'll be too far ahead of you for you to hear the psssh

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 10-17-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM

you bastards are talking to much bullshit. I'll believe it when I see it. I just hope you two don't dig yourselves into a hole doing these two things. It will be awesome when they are done.

What's crackin this weekend?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM

if your cars run as fast as your mouths are right now ill be impressed

might as well have gotten a 2.4 then

Last edited by halfj99; 10-17-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: wisconsin car club (balts and ions)