North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

wisconsin car club (balts and ions)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and derek im gonna give you a call today when im out of school..
Old 10-03-2008, 09:31 AM

k... im pondering making a Flush wall for my sub box. I grabbed some cardboard from work to make a template and now im just debating if i wanna do so or not. lol I really need to find something to do as im board right now
Old 10-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Z Speed
k... im pondering making a Flush wall for my sub box. I grabbed some cardboard from work to make a template and now im just debating if i wanna do so or not. lol I really need to find something to do as im board right now
Take pics of your car so we can check out your new wheels! lol

Question...

When it comes to Meth kits what "bar" do we need? My DevilsOwn Progressive controller is all messed up. My start and full settings do no match up with my actual boost readings.

Right now I want my spray to start at 5psi and be at a full spray at 15psi.

On the controlller my start dial is set around 9psi and my full dial is set to 24psi. So its all messed up.

So I don't know what it is doing. My status led flashes 3 times so I think it is set to 3 bar or voltage.

YELLOW - This is the Status led
On power up the unit will blink the yellow led indicating what BAR setting the unit is setup for.
2 blinks is 2 BAR
2 blinks & 1 fast blink 2.5 bar
3 blinks is 3 BAR or voltage
Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Preston
and derek im gonna give you a call today when im out of school..
Ok buddy.....

and whos all going to gld....time. some one call me

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 10-04-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:44 AM

Sorry everyone but I wont be going to GLD. My car is still at the dealership getting fix because they didn't get the tensioner that was suppose to be mail next day air. I am really pissed.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
Take pics of your car so we can check out your new wheels! lol

Question...

When it comes to Meth kits what "bar" do we need? My DevilsOwn Progressive controller is all messed up. My start and full settings do no match up with my actual boost readings.

Right now I want my spray to start at 5psi and be at a full spray at 15psi.

On the controlller my start dial is set around 9psi and my full dial is set to 24psi. So its all messed up.

So I don't know what it is doing. My status led flashes 3 times so I think it is set to 3 bar or voltage.

YELLOW - This is the Status led
On power up the unit will blink the yellow led indicating what BAR setting the unit is setup for.
2 blinks is 2 BAR
2 blinks & 1 fast blink 2.5 bar
3 blinks is 3 BAR or voltage
ill try... idk i would have to look into the progressive controller.. never messed with one so not sure how it works

Originally Posted by stealthy1ss
Sorry everyone but I wont be going to GLD. My car is still at the dealership getting fix because they didn't get the tensioner that was suppose to be mail next day air. I am really pissed.
bummer... i didnt feel like going lol

Last edited by Z Speed; 10-04-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stealthy1ss
tough ****** ****!!!

Deal with it!!

and BTW, my brother ripped off the Passenger side mirror today pulling into his garage, i laughed for 10 minutes!!!

Last edited by GutterPalAl; 10-04-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by GutterPalAl
tough ****** ****!!!

Deal with it!!

and BTW, my brother ripped off the Passenger side mirror today pulling into his garage, i laughed for 10 minutes!!!
STFU!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:13 AM

anyone know how jim did at the strip..

i asked a few hours ago but no response.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Preston
anyone know how jim did at the strip..

i asked a few hours ago but no response.
15s

sandy and dereks turbo cobalt was in the 14s...

I got 2 good passes in and then the 3 killed the tranny
Old 10-05-2008, 08:11 AM

preston jim told me he had a 14.9 run and a 15.0 run all with terrible 60' times.

i also ran my ion for the first time.
first few runs were terrible but i managed a 14.7 @ 97 mph with a 2.5 60' which was ok in my book for now.

15s

time for more traction mods????

Last edited by beansirl; 10-05-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2008, 09:27 AM

we were in the 14s all day my quickest run was a 14.198 that counts other than that i red lighted on my best run my red light was -.001 and ran a 13.943 i think jims quickest was 15.0 cause he couldnt get traction with his nos because of not having his window switch.

so curt did you get a chance to take a better look at your tranny yet whats the damage....

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 10-05-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2008, 11:08 AM

I dont wanna look lol
Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

that sucks.

its always going to be something, whenever you build something, its going to look for the weakest link and its going to fail.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Sorry to hear about that Curt. Are you glad that I didn't show up w/stickies for your first run so you could end your day really early?

Just picked these up yesterday, what do you think?

And I am going to put these on so that I can break something! There is not much left on them but they were free.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey guys, as a rep from T4B in Illinois, obviously the better club, :P j/k, I thought I'd kind of throw the idea out there, of us getting a T4B-TR meet sometime next summer or something. Like a BBQ and a track day/chill party or something, just something to have fun with and all.

We're relatively close and we all have a common love, so why not, eh?
Old 10-05-2008, 01:23 PM

curt what all happened... i was just about to go up to hwy last night and i got a call from derek asking for a trans lol.... that sucks man!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Hey guys, as a rep from T4B in Illinois, obviously the better club, :P j/k, I thought I'd kind of throw the idea out there, of us getting a T4B-TR meet sometime next summer or something. Like a BBQ and a track day/chill party or something, just something to have fun with and all.

We're relatively close and we all have a common love, so why not, eh?
sounds like a plan i think jordan had mentioned something about doing that im down

and for everyone that new about the cruse this up coming weekend has been canceled for me and sandy, if anyone wants to still do it contact jim, but me and sandy have to go out of town this coming weekend, do to her grandma being really sick and in the hospital. but every one should plan on oct 18 which is a saturday, two weeks from now to have a bon fire at jordans, i was there earliar this wek and hes got a lot of wood to burn and were going to do a cook out as well, so TBA but im guessing 5pm and til when ever contact me let me know and i'll let jordan know

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 10-05-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 PM

15s

No way. Another one?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 PM

actually tyler the sticky tires would of probably saved me.

I tried the 2 step on the other side of the track... the side i was running on I had good results and good traction but not to much... then right when the light went i slipped the clutch and then it wheel hopped and i quickly pushed the clutch in... but it was to late... most likely broke the case on the front mount again.

problem is i dont have the money to do another trans so now im debating on things right now...

im in a fair amount of debt right now and considering chapter 7 bankrupcy and let the car go but not without taking everything of the car.... then sell off the parts that I couldnt use on another car and hold onto what i can use and from there probably go back to a cavalier with a ecotec this time and go from there.... back when i had my cavy it never let me down no matter the abuse.... I put that car thru so much hell it wasnt even funny and now the cobalt cant even hold up to the same. Plus replacement trans are 1/4 the cost of a new f35 LSD trans.

IDK tho im really lost on what i wanna do at this time right now. Im gonna wait till I can get more info on the possibilities of what i may be able to do to replace it
Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
sounds like a plan i think jordan had mentioned something about doing that im down
Yeah, as the time gets closer to the summer, we'll get stuff figured out.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Yeah, as the time gets closer to the summer, we'll get stuff figured out.
sounds like a plan snake
Old 10-05-2008, 07:24 PM

actually tyler the sticky tires would of probably saved me.

I tried the 2 step on the other side of the track... the side i was running on I had good results and good traction but not to much... then right when the light went i slipped the clutch and then it wheel hopped and i quickly pushed the clutch in... but it was to late... most likely broke the case on the front mount again.

problem is i dont have the money to do another trans so now im debating on things right now...

im in a fair amount of debt right now and considering chapter 7 bankrupcy and let the car go but not without taking everything of the car.... then sell off the parts that I couldnt use on another car and hold onto what i can use and from there probably go back to a cavalier with a ecotec this time and go from there.... back when i had my cavy it never let me down no matter the abuse.... I put that car thru so much hell it wasnt even funny and now the cobalt cant even hold up to the same. Plus replacement trans are 1/4 the cost of a new f35 LSD trans.

IDK tho im really lost on what i wanna do at this time right now. Im gonna wait till I can get more info on the possibilities of what i may be able to do to replace it
well man let us know. you know i'd snag some parts off of ya for sure. i'm sure you can get some money for the turbo kit and what not. i can always give ya my stock blower back in trade for some things. just let us know the outcome man.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by beansirl
well man let us know. you know i'd snag some parts off of ya for sure. i'm sure you can get some money for the turbo kit and what not. i can always give ya my stock blower back in trade for some things. just let us know the outcome man.
its a lot to think about right now. Theres a lot of stuff in the car that i want for a future car cause im not leaving the gm tuner crowd. I might just be taking a step back and pick a cavy again. I love the Ecotec platform just not the shitty choice in tranny they put in these cars. I for sure know off the top of my head want the BOV from my turbo setup, wideband, stereo, injectors, meth injection, and im sure a few other small things. its a long list of what i have and what i would need to put in its place so its a long call that needs to be performed quickly if I make the choice
Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM

its a lot to think about right now. Theres a lot of stuff in the car that i want for a future car cause im not leaving the gm tuner crowd. I might just be taking a step back and pick a cavy again. I love the Ecotec platform just not the shitty choice in tranny they put in these cars. I for sure know off the top of my head want the BOV from my turbo setup, wideband, stereo, injectors, meth injection, and im sure a few other small things. its a long list of what i have and what i would need to put in its place so its a long call that needs to be performed quickly if I make the choice
well keep us posted. i'm sure there are plenty of guys here willing to help ya out. whats wrong with the trans in the car.. cracked case??

Quick Reply: wisconsin car club (balts and ions)