North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

wisconsin car club (balts and ions)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road rage man, chased me down. I got out of my car so he wouldn't **** it up and I wanted his plates. ****** cold cocked me in the lip. It's cool though, I woke up today and not a scratch on me.

You failed me paul. WHY PAUL, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? lol
Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM

here tyler, here are some GLD pics i had taken.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by LLAMA

I could have used your help today. I got the **** kicked out of me at a gas station today by some hillbilly. ****** stunned the **** out of me with the first punch and sat on my chest. Dude hit me like 40 times. Where were you dude. You failed me.
ouch, thats gotta suck ass, sorry to hear the bad news, least your ok thou. you live to fight another day.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Z Speed
well he called me.... so i reported him... i took offense to him talkin about me...

anyways anyone into r/c cars.... not the kind you get from walmart or target.... the actual hobby ones.... I used to have 2 nitro powered ones back about 6 years ago.... well i decided to pick up a electric one off ebay ready to go as soon as i get it.....

after a brushless motor swap and different gearing and some lithum polymer battery packs thing will be ready to do 65+mph
i have a nitro truck if you'd be interested in it.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by 07cobaltguy
i have a nitro truck if you'd be interested in it.
I had nitro ones back in the day but I sold them cause they became to much of a pain for the enjoyment.... nitro cars just take to much time and maintainence to get them to run top notch everytime theres a weather change....

I was just curious if anyone actually owned one.... see if maybe we could get together at my place and do some bashing
Old 05-12-2009, 08:58 AM

didnt feel like making a new thread about it so i posted it here. But i got bored yesturday and painted my wheels. 5 coats of gloss black and 3 coats of clear. Think they came out pretty nice. (yes i know i need to repaint my calipers, im debating red or black)

Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had nitro ones back in the day but I sold them cause they became to much of a pain for the enjoyment.... nitro cars just take to much time and maintainence to get them to run top notch everytime theres a weather change....

I was just curious if anyone actually owned one.... see if maybe we could get together at my place and do some bashing
yeah lol i know how you feel. My nitro airplanes arnt as bad as the car is as far as tuning. But yeah we could i have a Team Associated T3 stadium truck, i should really do an equipment upgrade to some day. new motor, li-po batt, new ESC and radio gear. my stuff is really out dated. I also have a Team Associated RC10 oval car.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by 07cobaltguy
yeah lol i know how you feel. My nitro airplanes arnt as bad as the car is as far as tuning. But yeah we could i have a Team Associated T3 stadium truck, i should really do an equipment upgrade to some day. new motor, li-po batt, new ESC and radio gear. my stuff is really out dated. I also have a Team Associated RC10 oval car.
I just got a basic E-REVO off ebay with 4 batteries charger and a field battery for 410 bucks... guy said the car was only ran about 3 times..

Im looking forward to it... I wanna covert it to brushless with the mamba monster max 2200kv kit and run 6s lipo batteries after I do a little more research on them
Old 05-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
go get this cheap parts car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-CHEVROLET-COBALT-SS-DAMAGE-WRECKED-AWESOME-PARTS_W0QQitemZ270388755495QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item3ef46cfc27&_trksid=p4506.c0.m2 45&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_25800wt _1197
Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
go get this cheap parts car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-CHEVROLET-COBALT-SS-DAMAGE-WRECKED-AWESOME-PARTS_W0QQitemZ270388755495QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item3ef46cfc27&_trksid=p4506.c0.m2 45&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_25800wt _1197

wow this kid crased his balt already. i know who the owner. cause of were the badges were on the fender. he just got the car like two weeks ago. i guess thats what happen when you go to a car with 90hp to that. in some case's

Originally Posted by venum_us_2002
didnt feel like making a new thread about it so i posted it here. But i got bored yesturday and painted my wheels. 5 coats of gloss black and 3 coats of clear. Think they came out pretty nice. (yes i know i need to repaint my calipers, im debating red or black)

auston they look nice. i would do red calipers, i did my from blue to red and i like it alot it sticks out a look better and looks shape

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 05-12-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 12:23 AM

I love how I keep hearing nate keeps talking **** about my tuning and such... well honestly Nate can go **** himself if all he has to to in life is talk **** about someone.... if im gonna talk **** at least I would say it to there face... not like a little bitch behind a computer.

if u got something to say then bring it here and say it otherwise shut the **** up and everyone that whats to agree with him can go and get fucked also
Old 05-13-2009, 12:58 AM

From what i have seen Curt your tunes are ****** awsome (my car and derek's)
Old 05-13-2009, 01:06 AM

From what i have seen Curt your tunes are ****** awsome (my car and derek's)
and thats just basic knowledge tuning... once I actually street tune it with a wideband then it will be even better... thats just what i can do while im in my certain situation
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 AM

CURTS THE SHIZNIT ture story!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love how I keep hearing nate keeps talking **** about my tuning and such... well honestly Nate can go **** himself if all he has to to in life is talk **** about someone.... if im gonna talk **** at least I would say it to there face... not like a little bitch behind a computer.

if u got something to say then bring it here and say it otherwise shut the **** up and everyone that whats to agree with him can go and get fucked also
Curt. Let me start off by saying I think you are a good guy.

But your tuning sucks. I would never recommend anyone go to Z speed for LSJ/LNF tuning. I can not comment on any other platforms but you should not be allowed to plug into any cobalt/ION/HHR/ect.

Out of all the cars that I know you have tuned (mine, Jordan's, Ryan's, Paul's RL, Derick's, Derick's gf, and your brothers) only your brother has what would be considered a "finished tune". And who knows if he would ever say anything bad about you. And he never posted his dyno sheet so I think something is up.

I apologize to Ryan and Derick for giving you guys **** for not putting your cars on the dyno at the CED meet. I knew you had a Curt tune and I really wanted to see how it performed. I have not seen any dyno results of any car tuned by Curt besides my own.

Curt, you know how much time we spent tuning my car. You know how bad my tune was. I showed you the dyno sheets of your tune and you acted like it was no big deal. All you said was "I guess we need to do more tuning..." Oh really?!?!

I showed my tune to OTTP and the response I got was "That tune was a 2 of 10 at best." After I got HPTs myself, Josh from OTTP helped me tune my car via email. He sent me the OTTP Stage 1 tune and after 3-4 runs of 2nd-3rd gear pulls it was perfectly dialed into my car. It was literary 20 mins of actual logging. Nothing like the 10 + hours that I spent with Curt.

After I got my tune dialed in by Josh I went to the dyno. I have not shown this dyno graph to many people because I didn't want to embarrass Curt. But since he is coming on here with all this attitude and acting like his **** don't stink here it goes.

The Red and Green lines represent the tune that Curt did to my car. That was the tune I got after 10-12 hours of logging with Curt. The reason the dyno is made up of two different runs is because dyno operator stopped the first run because my AFR was way too lean. As everyone can see I was still at 14.7 afr @ 4000 rpms and 16psi.

The operator came out and asked me about the tune. I told him that I know it richens up because I can see the AFR change according to my wideband gauge. So he did the next run but started at 3000 rpms. Well the AFR did finally come down to a safe level at 5000k and then falls off the charts at 5700k.

The Blue lines represent my OTTP Stage 1 tune.

If I had continued to drive on Curt's tune I would have eventually blown my engine. I sometimes get accused of being an OTTP fan boy but there is a very good reason for that. OTTP saved my engine.

Before anyone gets sand in their vaginas let me repeat. I think Curt is a good guy. I would buy stuff from him and chat with him or whatever.

I just would not let him tune my car or recommend anyone go to him for tuning.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol

But your tuning sucks. I would never recommend anyone go to Z speed for LSJ/LNF tuning. I can not comment on any other platforms but you should not be allowed to plug into any cobalt/ION/HHR/ect.

Out of all the cars that I know you have tuned (mine, Jordan's, Ryan's, Paul's RL, Derick's, Derick's gf, and your brothers) only your brother has what would be considered a "finished tune". And who knows if he would ever say anything bad about you. And he never posted his dyno sheet so I think something is up.

I apologize to Ryan and Derick for giving you guys **** for not putting your cars on the dyno at the CED meet. I knew you had a Curt tune and I really wanted to see how it performed. I have not seen any dyno results of any car tuned by Curt besides my own.

Curt, you know how much time we spent tuning my car. You know how bad my tune was. I showed you the dyno sheets of your tune and you acted like it was no big deal. All you said was "I guess we need to do more tuning..." Oh really?!?!

I showed my tune to OTTP and the response I got was "That tune was a 2 of 10 at best." After I got HPTs myself, Josh from OTTP helped me tune my car via email. He sent me the OTTP Stage 1 tune and after 3-4 runs of 2nd-3rd gear pulls it was perfectly dialed into my car. It was literary 20 mins of actual logging. Nothing like the 10 + hours that I spent with Curt.

After I got my tune dialed in by Josh I went to the dyno. I have not shown this dyno graph to many people because I didn't want to embarrass Curt. But since he is coming on here with all this attitude and acting like his **** don't stink here it goes.

The Red and Green lines represent the tune that Curt did to my car. That was the tune I got after 10-12 hours of logging with Curt. The reason the dyno is made up of two different runs is because dyno operator stopped the first run because my AFR was way too lean. As everyone can see I was still at 14.7 afr @ 4000 rpms and 16psi.

The operator came out and asked me about the tune. I told him that I know it richens up because I can see the AFR change according to my wideband gauge. So he did the next run but started at 3000 rpms. Well the AFR did finally come down to a safe level at 5000k and then falls off the charts at 5700k.

The Blue lines represent my OTTP Stage 1 tune.

If I had continued to drive on Curt's tune I would have eventually blown my engine. I sometimes get accused of being an OTTP fan boy but there is a very good reason for that. OTTP saved my engine.

Before anyone gets sand in their vaginas let me repeat. I think Curt is a good guy. I would buy stuff from him and chat with him or whatever.

I just would not let him tune my car or recommend anyone go to him for tuning.

problem was when i started with your car I was still working out the ropes.... I was touching new ground with the LS4 throttle body and everything... but to each there own.... Your tune was fucked up cause I could never get it to smooth out with that throttle body cause I couldnt find a magic number...

I think if i was badly tuning then I wouldnt of broken into 450hp turboed on pump gas or 530hp mark with race gas... but to each there own... thats why I told u ahead when we started and every time you came down... and I dont care for ott performance.... they told paul he should of got the rotated trans mounts when he cancelled his order for the tvs cause he blew his trans again....

guess what HE HAS THE MOUNTS... frankly I DIDNT TUNE JORDANS CAR.... I pretty much flashed it to stock and it wasnt taking the tune right.... after we went back to my house and did a compression check we found the low compression... then again I wouldnt expect jordan to tell you that considering me and tom were the ones that tore his car down and he told everyone that he did it.... same thing for ryans car... I didnt touch it I flashed it back to stock and then put fuel into it for the pulley and it blew a **** ton of smoke so we stoped at that cause he had bigger issues. Dereks, Sandys, Pauls arent a finished tune for the fact that I cant drive with them to data log... sandys car is the first Lnf for me to touch I basically did what I was told by another lnf tuner so if thats bad I cant take credit for it.

the 10+ hours it used to take doesnt happen anymore... I usually have it done any where from 2 hours now depending on what needs to be done....

so in the end im sayin know what your talkin about before u bash on something... I charge majority of the people 150-200 bucks with the cost of credits for a tune... Im just tired of hearing about nate said this and that and none of you mother ******* cant bring it to me... stop telling the world and I could explain whats different now and then. but instead u rather spend the time bashing the **** and tearing up a reputation ive built.

If my tunes are so bad then why.... out of everyone that ive actually tuned INCLUDING my own car never blew... I finally blew the motor on my car from excessive boost pressure cause i was filing bankruptcy and had it with the car and was letting it go.... after my 3rd trans went I had it so i turned the boost up as high as possible and shut the meth off and let her rip

FYI my brothers car put down 306hp 245tq on 15psi on my turbo setup with my tuning... now i know what everyone is gonna say but hes just barely into the efficentcy range of the turbo so considering I was running 25psi on the street that would easily put my power were I stated it would be... and hes on the stock clutch

AT LEAST IT GOES TO SHOW WHO MY REAL FRIENDS!!!

Last edited by Z Speed; 05-13-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:51 PM

hey curt why are you not on the dyno list, pretty sure you would be #1 for LSJ?

yeah and to who ever said it took so long for curt to tune, he did my car in under an hour, i think i maybe did 3 or 4 2nd gear pulls and it was good to go. Running 10.9 A/F WOT in 2nd and 11.2 A/F WOT in 3rd. Yes i could probably get more out of it but it is definitely safe and im pretty sure that matters more.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM

My car never went on the dyno for a few reasons, one curt couldnt be there, two, i didnt really have the money, i was lucky to be able to even show up, three, my car doesnt have alot of miles on it since the build so, i did want to push it hard like that on a dyno for 3 pulls, four, my car doesnt have a tune for max power, so i would of wasted my money, and sandys car has a finished tune, for as much as hptuners has unlocked to do? and for if it's unlocked now, we cant do any more tuning least not any hardcore tuning casue she doesnt have a wideband to display afr's, plus shes in the 300hp and the stock lnf clutchs can hold that power bearly, plus shes didnt have the money at the time either, and excusec are like ******** everyone has them before someone says that ****, these arent excuse there are legit reasons, and as for rayn not going on the dyno....i dont know why he didn't. and there no problems with my tune or sandys, her car was a differance between night and day with the tune, and it still gets good gas mileage. by the way curt found the magic number for the ls4 throttle as well. and any of the problems that i did have with my car we not related to anything that curt did, and none of the the problems were tune related other than the **** for a tune that i had from zach which jordan was sent from some other dude on the the forum, which then zach fucked even more, but all the problems and issues that were caused by zach durnford on my car have been worked out and solved, thanks to curt myself and tom.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:15 PM

i feel curts a damn good guy,helped me everytime i blew the tranny
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 PM

I have no reason to lie man. I have the sheet right in front of me. Max power: 303.0 HP @ 7150 rpm. Max Torque= 245.0 @ 5750. This is at 15- 16 psi.

When do you want to meat so i can show you the sheet? Do you want to see my timeslips also?

And yes, if Curt was ******* up, I'de bash him. But the point is, He's done nothing but try to help you at no gain to himself. Thats fucked up.

Heres a better idea, meet me at beeyond on friday, pay them to put my car on the dyno, watch it make close to 340hp (18-20psi), then turn around so I can smack you in the face for calling me a liar.

Last edited by LLAMA; 05-13-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 PM

Gotta love the Wisconsin love lol
Old 05-13-2009, 06:19 PM

How the hell did I get dragged into this? I hate everyone, and I'll see you all in hell. Except you Paulie boy. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE you

Oh, and another thing eric. The exhaust manifold on my car is a saab manifold, not some super top secret GM production one for the never made turbo cavi. For christ sake, it has saab stamped on it. And the turbo I have is a GT3076r with a .86 A/r. This is also stamped on it. I held that in for a while cause i thought you were a cool guy and didn't want to hurt your pride

Jackass.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
problem was when i started with your car I was still working out the ropes.... I was touching new ground with the LS4 throttle body and everything... but to each there own.... Your tune was fucked up cause I could never get it to smooth out with that throttle body cause I couldnt find a magic number...
But you had the LS4 TB on your car well before you tuned mine.

I think if i was badly tuning then I wouldnt of broken into 450hp turboed on pump gas or 530hp mark with race gas... but to each there own... thats why I told u ahead when we started and every time you came down... and I dont care for ott performance.... they told paul he should of got the rotated trans mounts when he cancelled his order for the tvs cause he blew his trans again....
Will you post up your dyno results please? Until you do no one will believe you.

guess what HE HAS THE MOUNTS... frankly I DIDNT TUNE JORDANS CAR.... I pretty much flashed it to stock and it wasnt taking the tune right.... after we went back to my house and did a compression check we found the low compression... then again I wouldnt expect jordan to tell you that considering me and tom were the ones that tore his car down and he told everyone that he did it.... same thing for ryans car... I didnt touch it I flashed it back to stock and then put fuel into it for the pulley and it blew a **** ton of smoke so we stoped at that cause he had bigger issues.
See this is what I am talking about. All you do is flash tunes on people's car and leave it at that.

Dereks, Sandys, Pauls arent a finished tune for the fact that I cant drive with them to data log... sandys car is the first Lnf for me to touch I basically did what I was told by another lnf tuner so if thats bad I cant take credit for it.
Dereck and Sandy are nice people. I got to meet them at CED and they are very cool. But I feel bad for Dereck. He really likes you as a friend. I could tell that he was sadened by the fact he didn't talk to you as much. If you want to know who your REAL friends are he is one of them.

I can't really comment on Dereck's tune other then the fact that I know its not finished. I rode in Sandy's car and it is throwing a cel.

so in the end im sayin know what your talkin about before u bash on something... I charge majority of the people 150-200 bucks with the cost of credits for a tune... Im just tired of hearing about nate said this and that and none of you mother ******* cant bring it to me... stop telling the world and I could explain whats different now and then. but instead u rather spend the time bashing the **** and tearing up a reputation ive built.
I know what I am talking about. You don't know how to tune LSJs. You spend too much time tuning VE and not enough time MAF tuning. VE is only used at low RPMS and low boost. There is no need to tune VE all the way to 7k. That is a total waste of time. I tried telling you that but you wouldn't listen.

If my tunes are so bad then why.... out of everyone that ive actually tuned INCLUDING my own car never blew...
Just because you have never blown an engine does not make you a good tuner. You might be better then Zack but that does not make you good.

And you can't deny the fact that my engine would have eventually blown had I continued to drive it the way it was.

FYI my brothers car put down 306hp 245tq on 15psi on my turbo setup with my tuning...
Dyno sheet please?

AT LEAST IT GOES TO SHOW WHO MY REAL FRIENDS!!!
I am not saying you are a bad person. I just think you have a long way to go before you become a great tuner. The only reason I said something is because you were talking **** on here and you were acting like your **** didn't stink. I didn't want someone to get the wrong impression and go to you for tuning.

I don't know what your deal with Nate is but that is between you guys.

hey curt why are you not on the dyno list, pretty sure you would be #1 for LSJ?
Yes Please.

Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
My car never went on the dyno for a few reasons, one curt couldnt be there, two, i didnt really have the money, i was lucky to be able to even show up, three, my car doesnt have alot of miles on it since the build so, i did want to push it hard like that on a dyno for 3 pulls, four, my car doesnt have a tune for max power, so i would of wasted my money, and sandys car has a finished tune, for as much as hptuners has unlocked to do? and for if it's unlocked now, we cant do any more tuning least not any hardcore tuning casue she doesnt have a wideband to display afr's, plus shes in the 300hp and the stock lnf clutchs can hold that power bearly, plus shes didnt have the money at the time either, and excusec are like ******** everyone has them before someone says that ****, these arent excuse there are legit reasons, and as for rayn not going on the dyno....i dont know why he didn't. and there no problems with my tune or sandys, her car was a differance between night and day with the tune, and it still gets good gas mileage. by the way curt found the magic number for the ls4 throttle as well. and any of the problems that i did have with my car we not related to anything that curt did, and none of the the problems were tune related other than the **** for a tune that i had from zach which jordan was sent from some other dude on the the forum, which then zach fucked even more, but all the problems and issues that were caused by zach durnford on my car have been worked out and solved, thanks to curt myself and tom.
I am glad you had a good experience. I hope things work out with you and Curt.

Originally Posted by paul1588
i feel curts a damn good guy,helped me everytime i blew the tranny
I think he is a good guy too. But you contacted me about getting your tune fixed at one point to.

I have no reason to lie man. I have the sheet right in front of me. Max power: 303.0 HP @ 7150 rpm. Max Torque= 245.0 @ 5750. This is at 15- 16 psi.

Heres a better idea, meet me at beeyond on friday, pay them to put my car on the dyno, watch it make close to 340hp (18-20psi), then turn around so I can smack you in the face for calling me a liar.
I believe you. Just post it up.

Oh, and another thing eric. The exhaust manifold on my car is a saab manifold, not some super top secret GM production one for the never made turbo cavi. For christ sake, it has saab stamped on it. And the turbo I have is a GT3076r with a .86 A/r. This is also stamped on it. I held that in for a while cause i thought you were a cool guy and didn't want to hurt your pride

Jackass.
Stop being a douch. Its a .60 a/r.

Check my photobucket for more pics

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q...redline/Turbo/
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 PM

I dont have the slips anymore... after I cleaned the car out i threw the **** into my tool box and then cleaned my box out throwing the stuff out.... if u need proof there was a local guy that I see from time to time at borchardts that has more then enough proof for you... I have no reason to lie. I have no reason to hide... I believe but not 100% sure tom saw the slip sitting in the garbage before I emptied the can out and he asked me about it but not sure... its been almost a year so tryin to remember small detail like that is hard to remember

ps eric that .60 is the INTAKE SIDE I had the turbo in my hands I know and double checked everything I even contacted the person that orginally purchased it who purchased the turbo from a DSM guy which sold it to him cause the ex a/r was to big for his dsm. worked perfectly for the twin charged setup cause twin charged made it spool quicker

BTW I dynoed 260hp 255tq supercharged with stock exhaust manifold, intake with kn filter, and stock tb........ after i did a header, injen intake, and LS4 tb I droped to 225hp 215 tq on a 100degree day and my brother had similar numbers too and my bypass broke later that week. obviously I had similar issue. so ur not the only one.... its called trial and error thats why i did most of it on my car.... everytime I figured something out new and it did improve something I applied it to every car..

If any car would of ever blow up it would of been my car cause I tried everything I learned on my car... so if theres anything that would of blown up from my tuning it would of been mine....

but it never did and I never caused damage till I intentionally did... (turning boost way up) I had a solid 195 compression test all the way across just before turboing and it never changed while turboed

Last edited by Z Speed; 05-13-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:04 PM

I can't really comment on Dereck's tune other then the fact that I know its not finished. I rode in Sandy's car and it is throwing a cel.
theres no CEL on sandy's ss/tc when you turn the car on, theres no light on the cluster, if you want to go in to competition mode you hit the traction control button once. if you want to go into launch mode you hit the button twice, that puts you into comp mode with the opition of traction control helping a launch with also a factory two step. now if you turn the car on and you hold that button for say about 5-10 seconds. it turns off the ESC/ electronic stability controls. and its to make the driver awear of this being off, it puts a triangle with two !! in a tire tread under it? it just a warning light that stays on so you know its off. the car also performs better with the esc off cause the traction control system really sucks other than just to launch. if i have to go take pics of the cluster i will, sandy said she explained this to you when you guys went for a B double E, Double R, u n... BEER RUN!!! she wasn't making **** up to cover an CEL, thats what it is the ESC is OFF this is a new feature on the SS/TC's, note if we dont turn the ESC off with all the boost that the car is making now, if you boost the car it fights the factory traction control system and cant make up it mind on weither to let the tires spin or retard the motor to gain traction thats why we alway turn it off.

Quick Reply: wisconsin car club (balts and ions)