North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

wisconsin car club (balts and ions)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.......

Eric i have a couple questions for you.

1. Did you or did you not have cooling mods when Curt tuned your car? (i already know the answer so don't lie)

2. If Curt's tune was SO bad why did you not contact him about it?

3. How long did we mess around trying to get the innovative wideband you brought to work right and wasn't it still not working right when he was tuning? So if the crappy innovative wideband (i have never seen one work right) wasn't working correctly how did you plan on having him tune your car?

Im trying to clear things up a bit here with some FACT. Not this sally bullshit of who said what.

Also Eric it was YOUR choice to go with OTT and to not give Curt a chance fix the tune. You didn't even give him the chance.

I was at Jordan's house helping tear his car down until we hit a snag and didn't have a tool. I have been there for most of Derek's cars problems. I have spent more time in Curt's car then i care for ( :P Curt) while he was tuning. My car has his tuning ability in it with a GREAT afr btw with NO Knock.

All in all i think you need to stop swinging on OTTP's nuts and realize that because you may have talked with them about tuning still means you know squat.

One more thing no way NO HOW can a canned tune be called a REAL tune and tuning on a dyno is NOT the end all for tuning there are way to many variables when driving on the street including drag, airflow across the engine, intake temps, etc.

Thats is all for now.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol

I believe you. Just post it up.
I believe curt. I never seen the results, but I believe him. See, my car made 303hp on 15-16 psi. But what i didn't tell you is that my timing is at about 14 advanced. For some reason I'm heat soaking my water intercooler at redline and getting 4 degrees of knock. While doing this, i made that power. Now curt on the other hand, Curt was running 1. race gas 2. meth injection 3. 24 degrees of timing 4. and it was colder outside when he did his.

Heres your pics Happy? This is on beeyonds dyno FYI. Simon will vouch that this is real
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 PM

nice numbers man, you plan on getting more out of it?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM

hey, heres a plan, how about all of you guys shut the **** up!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by PRND3L
now now alex dont u start lol
Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Z Speed
now now alex dont u start lol
lol.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM

so much hostility in this thread. **** happens, get over it. Now lets move on!

how about this weather, eh?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by LLAMA
I believe curt. I never seen the results, but I believe him. See, my car made 303hp on 15-16 psi. But what i didn't tell you is that my timing is at about 14 advanced. For some reason I'm heat soaking my water intercooler at redline and getting 4 degrees of knock. While doing this, i made that power. Now curt on the other hand, Curt was running 1. race gas 2. meth injection 3. 24 degrees of timing 4. and it was colder outside when he did his.

Heres your pics Happy? This is on beeyonds dyno FYI. Simon will vouch that this is real
I love the smell of race gas and its benefits I ran around for like almost 2 weeks with race gas cause I was so hooked on the power

it sucks donkey *****... I got my rc car and i cant play with it... even tho its water proof I dont feel like standing in the rain and bashin on it

Last edited by Z Speed; 05-13-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM

the weather sucks, it raining..... got any money for me to spend.....lol j/k
Old 05-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
the weather sucks, it raining..... got any money for me to spend.....lol j/k
not yet, but this time next year, you will be kissing my bumper.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ps eric that .60 is the INTAKE SIDE I had the turbo in my hands I know and double checked everything I even contacted the person that orginally purchased it who purchased the turbo from a DSM guy which sold it to him cause the ex a/r was to big for his dsm. worked perfectly for the twin charged setup cause twin charged made it spool quicker
Oh. Well I guess we were talking about two different things.

its called trial and error thats why i did most of it on my car.... everytime I figured something out new and it did improve something I applied it to every car..
Well I wish I would have know that you were experiment with my car.

theres no CEL on sandy's ss/tc when you turn the car on, theres no light on the cluster, if you want to go in to competition mode you hit the traction control button once. if you want to go into launch mode you hit the button twice, that puts you into comp mode with the opition of traction control helping a launch with also a factory two step. now if you turn the car on and you hold that button for say about 5-10 seconds. it turns off the ESC/ electronic stability controls. and its to make the driver awear of this being off, it puts a triangle with two !! in a tire tread under it? it just a warning light that stays on so you know its off. the car also performs better with the esc off cause the traction control system really sucks other than just to launch. if i have to go take pics of the cluster i will, sandy said she explained this to you when you guys went for a B double E, Double R, u n... BEER RUN!!! she wasn't making **** up to cover an CEL, thats what it is the ESC is OFF this is a new feature on the SS/TC's, note if we dont turn the ESC off with all the boost that the car is making now, if you boost the car it fights the factory traction control system and cant make up it mind on weither to let the tires spin or retard the motor to gain traction thats why we alway turn it off.
Ok. Makes sense.

Originally Posted by wrenchmonkey
Wow.......
Hi Tom.

Wow.......

Eric i have a couple questions for you.

1. Did you or did you not have cooling mods when Curt tuned your car? (i already know the answer so don't lie)
I had a CX Racing HE and and an option B kit. My hoses were routed backwards so the car was not cooling itself as well as it should have. But that was the second time I was down for tuning. There was a 3rd.

2. If Curt's tune was SO bad why did you not contact him about it?
I did. The day I went to the dyno text him and told him the results. Then a few days later when I got the dyno sheets I emailed him the results. Do you want me to send them to you?

All he said was "I guess you need more tuning." It scared me that he was not able to explain why it was like that.

3. How long did we mess around trying to get the innovative wideband you brought to work right and wasn't it still not working right when he was tuning? So if the crappy innovative wideband (i have never seen one work right) wasn't working correctly how did you plan on having him tune your car?
It took us about 45 minuets to figure out that I was using the wrong output from the WB. I had the yellow wire hooked up to my gauge when I should have had the brown wire 5v hooked up. Once we hooked up the brown wire it worked fine.

And I should make it clear that was the first night of tuning. I went to Curt for tuning 3 different times.

Im trying to clear things up a bit here with some FACT. Not this sally bullshit of who said what.

Also Eric it was YOUR choice to go with OTT and to not give Curt a chance fix the tune. You didn't even give him the chance.
I have nothing to hide. I am not going to lie or give half truths.

I gave Curt three tries to get it right. I figure 3 strikes and your out.

All in all i think you need to stop swinging on OTTP's nuts and realize that because you may have talked with them about tuning still means you know squat.
OTTP saved my engine. The reason I was so eager to go to the dyno is because I was working on a project with them. I needed to get a baseline so I could do a before and after. Had I not been working with them I probably would have never went to the dyno and realized how bad my tune was.

Then when I realized my tune was **** they helped me fix it.

One more thing no way NO HOW can a canned tune be called a REAL tune and tuning on a dyno is NOT the end all for tuning there are way to many variables when driving on the street including drag, airflow across the engine, intake temps, etc.
Agreed. But a canned tune is a good place to start.

Again I should say that I don't hate Curt. I just think he needs to be more careful about promoting himself as a great tuner.

See, my car made 303hp on 15-16 psi. But what i didn't tell you is that my timing is at about 14 advanced.
Very nice. That turbo is too big for your car. Look how the power is still coming on @ 7200 rpms. There is a lot of power left in that turbo.

FU BISH! lol
Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 PM

problem is I dont make myself out to be the best tuner.... Im better then most of the hacks that everyone was going to and no i didnt test things on ur car... i did them on my car and it just happened to be at the time i tuned u i was still working things out and i didnt wanna scare u into saying things.... but here we are now... so u never came back i figured it was a dyno issue and u were happy. Everyone else promotes me..

only thing i ever bragged and claimed was I was the most powerful cobalt in wisconsin with a stock motor....

like i tell everyone now... its a day to day learning experience with me.... theres something every day I learn... I may not be the most knowledgeable tuner or person to come to but I put forth every bit of effort I got to make my best shot. obvious you see that as I was still in the learning curve when i did your car... your car wouldnt of blow up cause I ran pretty much the exact same thing you had. then after went turbo I did more research cause i was tuning a slightly different animal and thats when i found more stuff out like the ls4 tb and stuff
Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 PM

Thank you for answering my questions i think it will help clear things up.

I forgot that you had the coolant stuff backwards.

As far as not knowing why it was like that i can relate to. When you say the afr was all over the place is a very very vague statement about how a car is running. Probing questions will help determine how it is acting and unfortunately it was unreasonable at that point for him to tune your car given where you dynoed at. I will say this and i am guilty of it as well, discrediting someone without knowledge of the specific situation is very disrespectful. aka OTTP saying the tuning was horrid.

Curt can tune a car very well, and i think all the bullshit needs to stop. When it comes down to it has he really screwed anyone over? If he has its news to me and everyone knows where to find him :P .

I have a final thought... Lets all work together to make power and stop trying to gain individual credit on the same final outcome, we are all here for a hobby, obsession, or whatever you want to call it. In the end we all desire the same thing. Good night and Good luck.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 PM

I have a final thought... Lets all work together to make power and stop trying to gain individual credit on the same final outcome, we are all here for a hobby, obsession, or whatever you want to call it. In the end we all desire the same thing. Good night and Good luck.
nicely put i agree
Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 PM

nicely put i agree
well i dont have my car anymore... well i do but yea... im here for the ***** and giggles mainly.... Im planning to move on to a RWD platform vehicle that never came with a ls series motor. now the question still bugs me do i want manual or auto lol
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 PM

well i dont have my car anymore... well i do but yea... im here for the ***** and giggles mainly.... Im planning to move on to a RWD platform vehicle that never came with a ls series motor. now the question still bugs me do i want manual or auto lol
just make sure you build the tranny...lol
Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 PM

I don't care. I'm still pissed this kid called me a liar.

and .86 A/r Is the exhaust.

Originally Posted by ebristol

Very nice. That turbo is too big for your car. Look how the power is still coming on @ 7200 rpms. There is a lot of power left in that turbo
Don't tell me what my car needs. When i do valvetrain, and spinning to 8k, it won't be running out of steam. Unlike most of you guys on here, i don't like torque. It breaks things.

Originally Posted by venum_us_2002
nice numbers man, you plan on getting more out of it?
yes, i'm ditching the water intercooler for a air to air very soon. I'll be able to run more boost and timing with intake temps at half of what they are now. I'm using a saab intake manifold and a 12x31x4 intercooler and 3" piping. hoping to hit 400hp before i need a clutch

Last edited by LLAMA; 05-13-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 AM

and .86 A/r Is the exhaust.

Don't tell me what my car needs. When i do valvetrain, and spinning to 8k, it won't be running out of steam. Unlike most of you guys on here, i don't like torque. It breaks things.

yes, i'm ditching the water intercooler for a air to air very soon. I'll be able to run more boost and timing with intake temps at half of what they are now. I'm using a saab intake manifold and a 12x31x4 intercooler and 3" piping. hoping to hit 400hp before i need a clutch

your tq will start going up once u turn the boost up to hit 400... so ur gonna need a clutch soon lol

just make sure you build the tranny...lol
unlike the majority of the fwd cars ive owned the next vehicle i build will have aftermarket support up the ass for trannys

Last edited by Z Speed; 05-14-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 06:13 PM

like a cobra? wonder whos getting one of those ha
Old 05-14-2009, 07:41 PM

Local parts for sale
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...56#post3869156
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM

Nate this issue has been talked about and everyone has said their story. There is no need to dump gas on a fire that is almost out. If you feel the need to call people out pm them.

I am going back to neutral ground now.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:18 PM

guess what HE HAS THE MOUNTS... frankly I DIDNT TUNE JORDANS CAR.... I pretty much flashed it to stock and it wasnt taking the tune right.... after we went back to my house and did a compression check we found the low compression... then again I wouldnt expect jordan to tell you that considering me and tom were the ones that tore his car down and he told everyone that he did it
I didn't want to be involved but since i was brought up...

I never claimed I did the work myself. I'm not the type of person to do that. I give credit where and when its deserved. I've told numerous people that you and tom were gonna help me.

I appreciated the help you guys did give me. No we didn't tear into the motor, which was my fault because I didn't have the wheel lock. We did try tuning, (not like you tried with eric) because I believe the second time we tried tuning, it came up as a cylinder 4 misfire. We ran a compression test, and it went 180, 180, 180, 140 or something like that. So I went home and parked my car.

I'm not tearing into anybody, i'm not starting an arguement, i just wanted to clear up was was being talked about me.

Thats my .02 for now...

***Before you guys try reporting my post, if someone gets frustrated with me, DC (moterator) gave me permission to post, and i"m being watched, so dont bother unless I start insulting you, which I dont want to lol...***
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 PM

Curt. Don't take anything I say personal. Like I have said in all my posts I think your a good guy. I am not trying to be a jerk or anything like that. Just stating my opinion from my experience.

problem is I dont make myself out to be the best tuner.... Im better then most of the hacks that everyone was going to and no i didnt test things on ur car...
I guess I got the wrong impression.

only thing i ever bragged and claimed was I was the most powerful cobalt in wisconsin with a stock motor....
I am not calling you a liar. Just post up the dyno results. If you don't have them call Beyond and have them send you them.

like i tell everyone now... its a day to day learning experience with me.... theres something every day I learn... I may not be the most knowledgeable tuner or person to come to but I put forth every bit of effort I got to make my best shot. obvious you see that as I was still in the learning curve when i did your car... your car wouldnt of blow up cause I ran pretty much the exact same thing you had. then after went turbo I did more research cause i was tuning a slightly different animal and thats when i found more stuff out like the ls4 tb and stuff
There is one change that needs to be made in the tune. Idle ETC Area Scalar gets changed from 2950 to 4500. Then the MAF needs to be re calibrated. Anyone who knows how to tune a MAF can tune the LS4 TB. Its not rocket science.

When you say the afr was all over the place is a very very vague statement about how a car is running.
Look at my dyno sheet.

My afr is super lean until 4250. Then it drops downs to 11.8 by 5k. Holds steady to about 5700 and then drops below 10 to redline.

How much more specific can I get?

I have a final thought... Lets all work together to make power
Agreed.

Please find my post where I called you a liar. I never did. All I asked was to see your dyno sheet. You provided it. YEAH!

Don't tell me what my car needs. When i do valvetrain, and spinning to 8k, it won't be running out of steam. Unlike most of you guys on here, i don't
like torque. It breaks things.
You need an equal length exhaust manifold to help spool that turbo.

Spinning to 8k is for hundas...

Originally Posted by EPICPOST
curt whats your number id gladly call you up and tell you that your tuning is a joke. As far as all the others you tuned I wouldn't be surprised if you had gotten a tune from another local tuner whose skill level was way way way above yours then copy and pasted it on other peoples cars. when somebody who had more mods or a smaller pulley then you had on your car at the time of your "tune" you winged it. where not talking small apples here. for alot of people there car is there way to work and there lively hood its not like steeling a set of rims this if you **** up somebody car from a tune its a possible 4-5k mistake. then you make a 22k car into a rolling homeless shelter. ask derek and jordan they have both been there. what i fail to understand is why you on multiple tunes tuned for hours and still couldn't pull a tune together for eric. something that should take well under 2 hrs was extended into days and nights full of tuning. this is a clear sign that you need to find somebody who knows how to use hptuners and study under them specially if your going to practice on somebody else car. im not a heart surge so i stay the **** out of the operating room. i know where the heart is, i can check your pulse or mine, hell i can even check blood pressure but that doesn't make me a ******* heart doctor. "catch my drift." i really think your a good genuine guy curt but i think you have a long way to go on tuning. i respect you a ton for going out of your way to clean up zachs mess. Dereks car would most defiantly not be done if it weren't for you being a ******* amazing friend. your a personable funny cool dude but i wouldn't come to you to get a tune done. NOT LIKE IT MATTERS MY CAR US UNTUNEABLE except for trifecta.

here are some screen shots from erics tune im not sure why on earth you would think this is remotely near safe. you would be surprised what you learn when your bored at night. the hptuner forums and different tuners have been a huge support.

The first pic is of the VE table, check out the acupuncture bed that that mother ****** looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that should be smooth and rolling, not jagged. and there are call out of over 180% efficiency which not possible ever.

The second pic is of the MAF table, again wavy as ****, this should me a smooth arc with a swoop up at the end.

The 3rd pic is the PE power enrichment table which does all the WOT fueling, lol it has some pretty nasty steps in it.

So yeah this thing does have some issues

that tune isnt even salvageable. its something that should be tossed and should go back to the drawing bored.

food for thought...

derek likes men
- Show quoted text -
That indeed is the tune that Curt did on my car. There are a few other things that are wrong with it. The ones pointed out where the major ones.

Originally Posted by stealthy1ss
Nate this issue has been talked about and everyone has said their story. There is no need to dump gas on a fire that is almost out. If you feel the need to call people out pm them.

I am going back to neutral ground now.
Agreed. I just want to make sure that people don't think I did this for any personal gain or to be a jerk. I think it is good to hear both the good and the bad. I like Curt but it seemed he was walking around with a big head.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:06 AM

Old 05-15-2009, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cuda009
Can i get that with Surrup??? and too go?

Quick Reply: wisconsin car club (balts and ions)