North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

wisconsin car club (balts and ions)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EPICPOST
curt whats your number id gladly call you up and tell you that your tuning is a joke. As far as all the others you tuned I wouldn't be surprised if you had gotten a tune from another local tuner whose skill level was way way way above yours then copy and pasted it on other peoples cars. when somebody who had more mods or a smaller pulley then you had on your car at the time of your "tune" you winged it. where not talking small apples here. for alot of people there car is there way to work and there lively hood its not like steeling a set of rims this if you **** up somebody car from a tune its a possible 4-5k mistake. then you make a 22k car into a rolling homeless shelter. ask derek and jordan they have both been there. what i fail to understand is why you on multiple tunes tuned for hours and still couldn't pull a tune together for eric. something that should take well under 2 hrs was extended into days and nights full of tuning. this is a clear sign that you need to find somebody who knows how to use hptuners and study under them specially if your going to practice on somebody else car. im not a heart surge so i stay the **** out of the operating room. i know where the heart is, i can check your pulse or mine, hell i can even check blood pressure but that doesn't make me a ******* heart doctor. "catch my drift." i really think your a good genuine guy curt but i think you have a long way to go on tuning. i respect you a ton for going out of your way to clean up zachs mess. Dereks car would most defiantly not be done if it weren't for you being a ******* amazing friend. your a personable funny cool dude but i wouldn't come to you to get a tune done. NOT LIKE IT MATTERS MY CAR US UNTUNEABLE except for trifecta.

here are some screen shots from erics tune im not sure why on earth you would think this is remotely near safe. you would be surprised what you learn when your bored at night. the hptuner forums and different tuners have been a huge support.

The first pic is of the VE table, check out the acupuncture bed that that mother ****** looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that should be smooth and rolling, not jagged. and there are call out of over 180% efficiency which not possible ever.

The second pic is of the MAF table, again wavy as ****, this should me a smooth arc with a swoop up at the end.

The 3rd pic is the PE power enrichment table which does all the WOT fueling, lol it has some pretty nasty steps in it.

So yeah this thing does have some issues

that tune isnt even salvageable. its something that should be tossed and should go back to the drawing bored.

food for thought...

derek likes men
- Show quoted text -
i dont need to be corrected... ive since then changed my tuning.... I still do ve tuning but Ive found it easier to do couple decent runs to fill in my spreadsheet get the table ironed out and then jump to maf.... problem was I was doing the ECT scaler tooooooo low.... when everyone first started doing the LS4 tb they all were saying the magic number was 4500 so thats what I was using. I tried researching to see if there was a mathmatical way to provide the number but I couldnt find anything... so I just stuck with it... but like erics and my tune I found that the table comes out extremely spiky which isnt right... well there wasnt much i could find out at the time so i worked with it... well couple months ago I figured it out and the number was low... since then i corrected it and as shown on dereks car it made a difference.

MY CAR WENT 37k on the clock without a issue... if my tuning was SOOOOO bad i would be on the same path as derek and jordan. IVE TEST AND DONE EVERYTHING IVE LEARNED ON MY CAR FIRST. Ive always out powered anyone with the same mods regardless what my tune did. so I was going the right path.

only tune ive copied and pasted is tune from my car to my brothers car... my tune was complete and didnt make sense to re-tune another car with the exact same thing aside the fact he was getting hell bent on the car being done in a day... hes been running the car for what i wanna say is almost a year now. now that hes going front mount and different pipe sized its without a doubt probably going to need tweeking of the maf....

I was hell bent on VE tuning for a long time cause maf does correspond with the ve tables for a nice smooth afr...(nice smooth afr is goodness for no knock) but ive noticed its not a constant check and once the computer learns the parameters it adjust for error. This is cause I was taught by a local LS1 tuner that is pretty popular and is known for his stuff so I went by his word.

its not like steeling a set of rims
and i find that comment right there to be a low blow... if you knew my circumstances then u would understand why I did what I did.... it was a matter of me either watching my household get kicked out of the house and onto the street or make the sacrifice i did. using that as fuel for ur fire will honestly not do anything except lower my respect for you....

ps jordan dont take offense... I was just told by someone that came to your house that you said u did all that... im not trying to be a ass and claim my credit I just wanted it to be known if it wasnt. It was a simple misunderstanding obviously and I appologise for my arrogance.

with that being said heres the maf, pe and ve tables from my car with the final product for the turbo tune

as u can see its not bad like it once was like with erics car and everything is smooth..... I litterly had to crank the tables up really high with the ve just to keep the maf in the range.. if i would of just done maf the car wouldnt of ran... hence why I say ve tuning is important.

if your still in disbelief then ask tom cause he sat in the passanger seat watching my car peg the maf to the max tables by 5000rpms and 12psi when i tried just doing maf tuning..... the ve table from my understanding is a table used for a rough sketch as you could say for the af ratio.... the maf is what fine tunes it

if your still in disbelief after all my information ive provided then i guess your best bet is find my brother flag him down and have him take u for a ride and watch the afr... its smooth and consistant

Last edited by Z Speed; 05-15-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by stealthy1ss
Nate this issue has been talked about and everyone has said their story. There is no need to dump gas on a fire that is almost out. If you feel the need to call people out pm them.

I am going back to neutral ground now.
good call!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Z Speed

if your still in disbelief after all my information ive provided then i guess your best bet is find my brother flag him down and have him take u for a ride and watch the afr... its smooth and consistant
Around 14.7 under vacume 12.5 under boost all the way to redline. Depending on the weather, it might move up or down +/- .2

im still trying to figure out where 150 hp come from in 5-6 psi but maybe thats just me..
What are you talking about

Last edited by LLAMA; 05-15-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by LLAMA
Around 14.7 under vacume 12.5 under boost all the way to redline. Depending on the weather, it might move up or down +/- .2

What are you talking about
comparing your dyno graph to my claimed hp as I dont have my dyno slip anymore... I was running 22psi 24 degrees timing at wot my brother is only running 16 i believe with only 14 degrees timing cause he heat soaked and knocked on the dyno... big difference there... I was also dynoing when it was about 40 degrees out from what i remember
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol
You need an equal length exhaust manifold to help spool that turbo.

Spinning to 8k is for hundas...

I like Curt but it seemed he was walking around with a big head.
ou build your car the way you think is best, I'll do mine. My car will always put up but numbers than yours. It'll turn in faster timeslips also. I DON'T WANT A STAINLESS HEADER. It's my personal experience that cast is way more reliable and less prone to crack. This is somewhat of a daily driver and it gets driven in the winter.

Lets face it, 4cyl don't make alot of power. So to maximize the little power we make, we spread the powerband out by making the redline as high as possiable. But, I'm going to have it both, power and powerband. I like hondas.

How can curt be walking around with a big head, He's locked in a basement.

comparing your dyno graph to my claimed hp as I dont have my dyno slip anymore... I was running 22psi 24 degrees timing at wot my brother is only running 16 i believe with only 14 degrees timing cause he heat soaked and knocked on the dyno... big difference there... I was also dynoing when it was about 40 degrees out from what i remember
It was 60 degrees outside that day and about 90 in their shop. They didn't even open the doors. Curt also had a cutout in his exhaust, I had a shitty downpipe and a 2.5" catback

See, I didn't get it dynoed to prove to everyone what kind of power I make. Honestly, I didn't care. I wanted to get it dynoed before and after the new downpipe was made. This is a before run only. So now I have a new, way better flowing downpipe, and a 3" shorty exhaust. When I finished my exhaust, I knew it flows alot better because my boost was set at 18 and jumped to way past 20 (still on the stock SC guage). So I pretty sure I'm running around at closer to 340whp at 18 psi, but i still see over 150 degree intake temps after 1 run. This is causing me to make this power at only 15 degrees timing. If you look at my dyno graph, at about 6k there is a dip. Thats where I start getting 4 degrees of knock.

regarding derek...get a job you lazy bum... most of the roundy's pick n' saves are hiring night stockers starting pay is 12.50 per hour. sitting in that apartment all day isn't helping your people skills.. your becoming a giant wanker.
Not a personal attack at you dereck, but I have no pity for people that don't help themselves. You know what I do for a living, and how much I make. If you were to ask, I would've done everything in my power to help you. I've got connections to other places as well. I know how to get 1 person into the back door of a sprinkler fitter app. They have no pre- app. They start off at $15-16 an hour. It takes 5 years to finish. They make $37- 38 an hour.

Last edited by LLAMA; 05-15-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-15-2009, 06:07 PM

o i want in on this sprinky fitter apprentice ship,there so big and manly
Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by paul1588
o i want in on this sprinky fitter apprentice ship,there so big and manly
Your a scrub. lol
I'm pretty pumped for you man. Can't wait for a ride in the new beast.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 PM

its tylers birthday saturday, probably meeting up at HWY with the BCM guys.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 PM

Your a scrub. lol
I'm pretty pumped for you man. Can't wait for a ride in the new beast.
yeah me too,if all goes well ill get it memorial day weekend,i just hope me and ur bro can ****** rig that tranny to stop the leaks tommrow ha
Old 05-16-2009, 04:07 AM

regarding derek...get a job you lazy bum... most of the roundy's pick n' saves are hiring night stockers starting pay is 12.50 per hour. sitting in that apartment all day isn't helping your people skills.. your becoming a giant wanker.
hey der guy.... I have been looking for a job....I just not willing to drive 50miles one way for 10 dollars it not worth it but i have been looking for it... im thining of going to school, have a few things in mind. i dont live in sussex anymore, its also hard to keep loking for a job 2 i have been moving lately, and still am. note I've been looking for a job the entire time i have been unemployed, Had inter views but was always over looked for the other person with exper.....soo

Not a personal attack at you dereck, but I have no pity for people that don't help themselves. You know what I do for a living, and how much I make. If you were to ask, I would've done everything in my power to help you. I've got connections to other places as well. I know how to get 1 person into the back door of a sprinkler fitter app. They have no pre- app. They start off at $15-16 an hour. It takes 5 years to finish. They make $37- 38 an hour.

Dude i didn't know you have the hook up like that so it never crossed my mind. i thought you had to go threw all that special stuff to get in for what you do? plus i would of thought i would need to have some kind of back ground for what you do or knowlege of and i know nothing about that. it crossed my mind to ask once but i never did for i had it in the back of my head that i need experiance. plus i have tried to get in the union before and my friends never got me in, i wanted to be a dry waller or be a carpenter, but i changed my mind casue its seasonal, and i never did like the ideal of one day your here one day your there next your here. i dont like being all over the place or traveling that much. that was why i never did persue things in the past for those reasons.

Originally Posted by PRND3L
its tylers birthday saturday, probably meeting up at HWY with the BCM guys.
I'd love to come out but i dont know if i will have the time cause im moving still, will see how much we get done on saturday. otherwise have a Happy B-Day Tyler!!!!

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 05-16-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-16-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
Dude i didn't know you have the hook up like that so it never crossed my mind. i thought you had to go threw all that special stuff to get in for what you do? plus i would of thought i would need to have some kind of back ground for what you do or knowlege of and i know nothing about that. it crossed my mind to ask once but i never did for i had it in the back of my head that i need experiance. plus i have tried to get in the union before and my friends never got me in, i wanted to be a dry waller or be a carpenter, but i changed my mind casue its seasonal, and i never did like the ideal of one day your here one day your there next your here. i dont like being all over the place or traveling that much. that was why i never did persue things in the past for those reason
When you have been out of work as long as you, you kinda take what you can get.

Originally Posted by paul1588
yeah me too,if all goes well ill get it memorial day weekend,i just hope me and ur bro can ****** rig that tranny to stop the leaks tommrow ha
J-B WELD!!!!!!!!!
**** fixes everything.

Last edited by LLAMA; 05-16-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-17-2009, 02:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgEnN2PFzo

This is for Mopar. Hope you play TF2.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cuda009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgEnN2PFzo

This is for Mopar. Hope you play TF2.
thats good!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:45 PM

Anyone from Appleton here? Blue SS, debagged, lowered, black with chrome lip rims...??? Seen it around.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dubbleduecer
Anyone from Appleton here? Blue SS, debagged, lowered, black with chrome lip rims...??? Seen it around.
That would be me.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Us N.E.W guys should get together for a little meet and greet.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:19 AM

Don't tell me what my car needs. When i do valvetrain, and spinning to 8k, it won't be running out of steam. Unlike most of you guys on here, i don't like torque. It breaks things.
spinning 8K is great for race/ track cars when you can keep the engine that fast. and while torque might break things, your turbo would be in your car for HP, take both things, put them in a car you drive on surface streets and you get a civic, and things that are more for bragging rights than normal driving. and he was saying a manifold, implying cast, not stainless steel.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2007 ion2
spinning 8K is great for race/ track cars when you can keep the engine that fast. and while torque might break things, your turbo would be in your car for HP, take both things, put them in a car you drive on surface streets and you get a civic, and things that are more for bragging rights than normal driving. and he was saying a manifold, implying cast, not stainless steel.
honestly reving to 8k with a ecotec isnt bad.... spinning it high with that turbo is gonna result in great power....

just look at the ecotec build guide... they build it for 8 and it makes power all the way thru the power band

now if he was planning on spinning it to like 10k then yea hes going a lil over board cause only thing i would say thats good for is a good drag car but with the parts available out there only thing thats gonna support the power band that high is custom cams and he would suffer power loss down low.

valvetrain, 272 cams, oil pump gear, and balance shafts and he would be good. maybe for added insurance add arp studs down low to help with the extra weight/force from the rotating assembly.

happy b-day tyler

honestly reving to 8k with a ecotec isnt bad.... spinning it high with that turbo is gonna result in great power....

just look at the ecotec build guide... they build it for 8 and it makes power all the way thru the power band

now if he was planning on spinning it to like 10k then yea hes going a lil over board cause only thing i would say thats good for is a good drag car but with the parts available out there only thing thats gonna support the power band that high is custom cams and he would suffer power loss down low.

valvetrain, 272 cams, oil pump gear, and balance shafts and he would be good. maybe for added insurance add arp studs down low to help with the extra weight/force from the rotating assembly.

happy b-day tyler

btw justin ur still a ******* for breakin my r/c car...... big brother still always breaking lil bros stuff

Last edited by Z Speed; 05-18-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 AM

the ecotec build book goes from mild to wild, and like you and I said, if an ecotec is build for 8K, you'll lose the low end. I personally love letting my car climb up hills at incredibly low RPMs (any hill at as low as 1K in 1-4) so I don't understand honduh's idea of street cars revving to 9-10K and some people modding their street cars to rev high. these cars pull perfectly well built for 7K like they do from the factory. I laugh at honda civic SIs, 190-200HP, rev 8K, but my 1992 ford sierra had the same top speed with only 140 HP and it only revved like 5K to do 145MPH, and I could do it legally, while not too many civic owners can claim the same thing.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSSupercharged
That would be me.
I was gonna say megan exhaust too. Sounds pretty distinct.
I got the black SC debaged. Drove by you on Eisenhower and yesterday on KK i think. Your car looks nice. Im stage 2, CAI, and cat-back. Debaged and low-rise (sort of sleeper. ppl think its NA SS).
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM

appleton sucks
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by dubbleduecer
I was gonna say megan exhaust too. Sounds pretty distinct.
I got the black SC debaged. Drove by you on Eisenhower and yesterday on KK i think. Your car looks nice. Im stage 2, CAI, and cat-back. Debaged and low-rise (sort of sleeper. ppl think its NA SS).
I see. Yeah I thought you were someone else that's why I floored it. There's someone with a na ss around that insists on racing me every time he gets next to me.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
appleton sucks
where you from?

Originally Posted by BlueSSupercharged
I see. Yeah I thought you were someone else that's why I floored it. There's someone with a na ss around that insists on racing me every time he gets next to me.
Lol nice, well hopefully I see him. You autoX or ever take it to WIR?

Last edited by dubbleduecer; 05-18-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 PM

the ecotec build book goes from mild to wild, and like you and I said, if an ecotec is build for 8K, you'll lose the low end. I personally love letting my car climb up hills at incredibly low RPMs (any hill at as low as 1K in 1-4) so I don't understand honduh's idea of street cars revving to 9-10K and some people modding their street cars to rev high. these cars pull perfectly well built for 7K like they do from the factory. I laugh at honda civic SIs, 190-200HP, rev 8K, but my 1992 ford sierra had the same top speed with only 140 HP and it only revved like 5K to do 145MPH, and I could do it legally, while not too many civic owners can claim the same thing.
I still make 245 tq at the moment. Thats about 50 over stock, adn it's only going to go up from there. I don't need your advice. You just worry about you.

btw justin ur still a ******* for breakin my r/c car...... big brother still always breaking lil bros stuff
Accident. How much are they? I'll give you half since you said you almost broke it first. Actually, I think you set me up. LOL

Last edited by LLAMA; 05-18-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM

u straight up drove that thing into the curb u *******

Quick Reply: wisconsin car club (balts and ions)