North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

wisconsin car club (balts and ions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
no offence eric but from my under standing you only have been working with hptuners for what less than a 6months casue you got it with the buy of your tvs,
I bought HPTs in September of 08.

The TVS GB was started at the end of January 09.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/over-top-performance-167/tvs-gb-152639/

Just FYI.

Hey what Heat Exchanger is that btw? I am thinking up upgrading my CX Racing Dual Pass HE.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by venum_us_2002
looks sweet derek, did you ever end up cruising down to hwy friday night?
no i was going to but ended up shooting the **** with my guy randy at his shop after he rolled my wife's cobalt's fenders in the back, and i was thinking of going out saturday but i had a death in the family so i just never went out.

Originally Posted by ebristol
I bought HPTs in September of 08.

The TVS GB was started at the end of January 09.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152639

Just FYI.

Hey what Heat Exchanger is that btw? I am thinking up upgrading my CX Racing Dual Pass HE.
ottp's 2nd gen, heat exchanger

you wouldnt believe how many people stair at the car driving by now lol, the heads turn more often now that it painted like that cause there like WTF ?

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 06-01-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM

love the new look derek

also any locals have a STOCK heatexchanger laying around, i need one. Or even aftermarket too.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:04 AM

glad to see everybody is getting along now.

Derek, I like to see new things tried, i'm not trying to be a dick, but its not my cup of tea. Maybe I just need to see it in person, but idk if i like it. But as long as your happy and you like it, thats all that matters
Old 06-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
I'm sorry, but that makes no sense at all. You would rather have a tune on your car, from some random guy with hptuners, rather than a vendor, whom one of the employees is a reputable tuner on this site, and has been a reputable tuner on this site for the last 2 years?

Canned tunes are safe tunes. Safe tunes that make power, but could and maybe should be adjusted to make more power. A vendor is not going to give customers tunes that are borderline of pushing the limit, because if something happens, they are responsible, and no 2 cars will ever have the same exact tune, because something is always different. Hence the reason they run a safer tune, whether it be running a little richer than normal or a little less timing advance.
im just putting it out there... Ive seen ott tune and didnt like what I seen... but I dont know what im talking cause all i do is post on here with a poor me attitude and my tuning sucks according to some people....

Originally Posted by evilmonkitar
dual pass went on today, woot. thanks a bunch to justin, curt and craig
ur welcome bud

Last edited by Z Speed; 06-01-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Z Speed
im just putting it out there... Ive seen ott tune and didnt like what I seen... but I dont know what im talking cause all i do is post on here with a poor me attitude and my tuning sucks according to some people....

I didn't say that. I'm just saying, there is no such thing as a perfect canned tune, but its hard for me to believe that you would rather have some jo blow tune your tvs, rather than get a canned tune from the company that is selling it, and then make the adjustments needed, especially when they have a reputable tuner working for the company....aaannnddd () Not every tuner tunes the same way, not every tuner is going to have a tune setup the same way, hence why there is always disagreements with tuning between tuners.

But I'm done talking about this because everybody else is over it, and I'm not one to want to keep stuff going.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Sorry to litter up this thread, I'll keep it to PM's
Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
I didn't say that. I'm just saying, there is no such thing as a perfect canned tune, but its hard for me to believe that you would rather have some jo blow tune your tvs, rather than get a canned tune from the company that is selling it, and then make the adjustments needed, especially when they have a reputable tuner working for the company....aaannnddd () Not every tuner tunes the same way, not every tuner is going to have a tune setup the same way, hence why there is always disagreements with tuning between tuners.

But I'm done talking about this because everybody else is over it, and I'm not one to want to keep stuff going.
Only thing i see is they have a command afr for 11.7 which i see suitable but wot its no were near that which makes me believe there tuning for there region there in and its got different air pressure
Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
and here what my new bumper looks like
You son of a bitch. You did it before i could. Looks good man. Looks like I'll be biting your style. I still want to color match my headlights like the vettes do.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
Curt.

I don't know why you always come on to the forum with this "poor me" attitude but its getting old.

I don't have a problem with you at all. I got you know you pretty well and you are a good guy. Its your tuning that sucks. Or at least did when you tuned my car.
that was the friendly pm i recieve which i was talking about... honestly its probably you taking it as a poor me attitude but honestly I could give 2 *****... but what burns me is that you pulled the **** to start this fire and then you wanna try and keep cool with me after. sorry but once someone ***** me over theres no hope for them in my book. you blew it out of proportion without knowing one bit of info I know instead you just make a ******* joke out of me and honestly majority of the people that are in here say ur a dick and a backstabber for pulling it
Old 06-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by evilmonkitar
dual pass went on today, woot. thanks a bunch to justin, curt and craig
Anytime bro. LOL you did all the work. I'm pretty pumped to move your battery to the trunk and hook up the spray. Better not do it without me there.
Show your woman the design yet? I fund the stickers getting made.

that was the friendly pm i recieve which i was talking about... honestly its probably you taking it as a poor me attitude but honestly I could give 2 *****... but what burns me is that you pulled the **** to start this fire and then you wanna try and keep cool with me after. sorry but once someone ***** me over theres no hope for them in my book. you blew it out of proportion without knowing one bit of info I know instead you just make a ******* joke out of me and honestly majority of the people that are in here say ur a dick and a backstabber for pulling it
agreed. There was a right and a wrong way to come at him. You choose poorly.

But seriously, Keep it to PM's bro.

Originally Posted by Preston
love the new look derek

also any locals have a STOCK heatexchanger laying around, i need one. Or even aftermarket too.
Dropping the turbo setup? I probly missed that like a retard.

Last edited by LLAMA; 06-01-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by LLAMA
Anytime bro. LOL you did all the work. I'm pretty pumped to move your battery to the trunk and hook up the spray. Better not do it without me there.
Show your woman the design yet? I fund the stickers getting made.

agreed. There was a right and a wrong way to come at him. You choose poorly.

But seriously, Keep it to PM's bro.
why i have nothing to say... it all started when i basically said ryan owed me money and he fucked me out of it. then eric started backing him up without knowing what i exactly did to any of the cars i was attempting to tune and it started a fire sayin im shitty this and that
Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 PM

why i have nothing to say... it all started when i basically said ryan owed me money and he fucked me out of it. then eric started backing him up without knowing what i exactly did to any of the cars i was attempting to tune and it started a fire sayin im shitty this and that
Well then, handle your business. Just know, you ain't got anything to prove to any of these guys. He'll get his when the first car he trys to tune blows up.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:01 PM

Only thing i see is they have a command afr for 11.7 which i see suitable but wot its no were near that which makes me believe there tuning for there region there in and its got different air pressure
I absolutely understand where you are coming from!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:02 PM

hey Derek we should meet up and hangout this weekend, maybe clean up the cars? i suck so bad at detailing and my paint looks like **** right now i could use a lot of pointers on how to clean up my paint and make it look glassy again. I also want to check out your front grill. btw did you move yet?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM

hey Derek we should meet up and hangout this weekend, maybe clean up the cars? i suck so bad at detailing and my paint looks like **** right now i could use a lot of pointers on how to clean up my paint and make it look glassy again. I also want to check out your front grill. btw did you move yet?
a good polish and rubbing compound and ur car will shine like new followed with a good waxing

its not that many suck at detailing they just over look a lot of stuff when it comes to detailing....

i always clay bar/waxed my cobalt every 3 months followed by a weekly was and it shined good
Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 PM

im sick as a dog

that is all
Old 06-01-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by paul1588
im sick as a dog

that is all
sorry to hear but thats what u get from all those hookers u sleep with
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM

sorry to hear but thats what u get from all those hookers u sleep with
hey im now going out with one of those hookers,and u wouldnt have a free spot in ur garage friday night would ya,got the tranny
Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM

hey im not going out with one of those hookers,and u wouldnt have a free spot in ur garage friday night would ya,got the tranny
oh boy.... I suppose otherwise we can get started on it saturday morning make sure u bring me some dead presidents
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM

oh boy.... I suppose otherwise we can get started on it saturday morning make sure u bring me some dead presidents
k sounds good,will u accept dead hookers instead
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM

k sounds good,will u accept dead hookers instead
no.... no.... i dont need anymore trouble lol ur car will be enough.... man im gonna have nightmares of dripping trans fluid on me already
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 PM

im sick as a dog

that is all
a good polish and rubbing compound and ur car will shine like new followed with a good waxing

its not that many suck at detailing they just over look a lot of stuff when it comes to detailing....

i always clay bar/waxed my cobalt every 3 months followed by a weekly was and it shined good
do i need to have a buffer?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 PM

do i need to have a buffer?

i always did it by hand.... good polishing cloths and stuff is what makes it easy to wax....

just keep in mind that when u clay bar ur car make sure its clean prior, use the supplied spray to keep things moving smoothly, and dont drop the clay.... if the clay bar touches the ground throw it out... it will pick up anything it touches and if it picks up rocks or anything that will be rubbing into your paint.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM

im sick as a dog

that is all
Maybe if you showered and brushed your teeth every now and then, you wouldn't get so sick. Scrub.

Quick Reply: wisconsin car club (balts and ions)