North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Any one in Delaware out there

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a 1.8 lol these damn things are turds but its 6speed it get roughly 36mpg ..i love the car dont get me wrong i just wish i went with the turbo one but the ltz msrp was like 6 grand over my lt cost and stock the turbo one only 2 more hp lmao but that could of deff changed with a couple mods and tuned...but the care drives very well its comftable but at same time looks aggresive...but one thing i will tell you 100000000% hands down easiest car to shift lol its unreal its almost in possible to stall unless you just straight up dump the clutch lol
Old 02-07-2014, 03:31 PM

thanks for the info.

there's a guy at my work that has a 1.8, seems pretty happy with it. he's not modding it at all so speed isn't even on his mind. i think he still has his late 80s IROC Camaro for that.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:41 PM

lol yea im not either just tint so far ..i was thinking about 18s and lowering but not to sure i got the slowbalt for that
Old 02-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
and there'll be a turbo diesel option for the new Colorado next year.
Meh, not a big enough truck for me lol.

Originally Posted by cobaltss76
its a 1.8 lol these damn things are turds but its 6speed it get roughly 36mpg ..i love the car dont get me wrong i just wish i went with the turbo one but the ltz msrp was like 6 grand over my lt cost and stock the turbo one only 2 more hp lmao but that could of deff changed with a couple mods and tuned...but the care drives very well its comftable but at same time looks aggresive...but one thing i will tell you 100000000% hands down easiest car to shift lol its unreal its almost in possible to stall unless you just straight up dump the clutch lol
I'm ok with having some ***** in my Cobalt and getting 25mpg on avg lol. And I drive like a ********.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:44 PM

Woahhhhhh I missed a lot. Need to get back on my computer! Also we all should get together before Matty boy goes under the knife!

Just sayin.....
Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by dcrep06

I'm ok with having some ***** in my Cobalt and getting 25mpg on avg lol. And I drive like a ********.
lol are you saying i dont have ***** becuz i drive a cruz lol??
Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 PM

if it was stock, you could've had some fun. it if wasn't stock, you're gonna have a bad time.

that's not bad considering how under powered they are from the factory..... all those who bought an 08 hate life after the 09 came out with more power.

*cough*trifecta tune sucks*cough*

good to see you're still alive. :

maybe the stock ones are, go find a modified one.
Vince gave me what I asked for. A conservative tune. I do think I'm gonna ask him to bump me from 21 to 23psi, but keep the boost ramp conservative. I have too many projects going on for my clutch to go bad on me right now. I'm budgeted for tires, CAB's, and engine/trans mounts and that was with me swearing she could get the dog she wanted (a $1250 dollar Newfoundland).
Old 02-08-2014, 08:12 AM

Nooo I'm just saying I like my Cobalt having some ***** and still getting good gas.

1250 for a dog? Yea I don't think so, my girl wants a dog now that we have a house and made a deal that I can get my ball python if she can get her dog. She wants a huskey, I said **** no, german Shepherd or piybull lol. At least we can get them from the spca or whatever. I'm not trying to pay a grand for a Huskey, I think that's stupid.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Best dog I ever owned is my current one. She's a mix between a regular lab and a Chesapeake. All we paid for her was the cost they had put in(food, shots, etc). But Newf's are hard to come by, and if you're going to buy one, it's worth going to a reputable breeder that checks for health issues before breeding their dogs. These people are up in PA, and it's a bitch of a drive, but they have some bad ass dogs. One of the males is over 200 pounds. My biggest rottweiler was 130ish. lol

Plus, when we go to have a kid, Newf's are like the #1 dog for kids. Honestly, I want one about as much as her, I just don;t tell her that. Gotta make her think I have leverage.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:21 PM

Any my Delaware folks got any lowering springs laying around
Old 02-09-2014, 12:17 AM

Nah. Sold my sportlines after hitting the deer in the last cobalt.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:10 AM

heck, all i "need" is a S10. i'll never have a racecar to trailer to the track, just need something that can pull a small trailer (for like a lawnmower or furniture) at the most. as much as i'd love to eventually get a brand new truck (for the warranty mainly) i don't want the payment. so i'm just gonna find a decent S10, preferably 3 door extended cab or crew cab & 4x4.

Originally Posted by ORT
Woahhhhhh I missed a lot. Need to get back on my computer! Also we all should get together before Matty boy goes under the knife!

Just sayin.....
i'd be down with that. only 2 weeks away now..... can't believe i'm actually looking forward to having surgery, never thought i'd say that.

Originally Posted by EFoxwell
Vince gave me what I asked for. A conservative tune. I do think I'm gonna ask him to bump me from 21 to 23psi, but keep the boost ramp conservative. I have too many projects going on for my clutch to go bad on me right now. I'm budgeted for tires, CAB's, and engine/trans mounts and that was with me swearing she could get the dog she wanted (a $1250 dollar Newfoundland).
nothing wrong with a conservative tune. my friend who tuned me did one on my HHR, basically a winter tune.... put down 300whp/362wtq. supposedly he put a slightly more aggressive tune on it now, gonna try to get it dyno'd soon.

1250 for a dog? Yea I don't think so, my girl wants a dog now that we have a house and made a deal that I can get my ball python if she can get her dog. She wants a huskey, I said **** no, german Shepherd or piybull lol. At least we can get them from the spca or whatever. I'm not trying to pay a grand for a Huskey, I think that's stupid.
with the way the world is today, i'm scared to pay that much for a dog. but, dogs can be worth it in the end. honestly, i'd pay 10x that for Torque if it was guaranteed that he'd be the dog he is today. Huskeys aren't bad, just NEED space & play time.... a lot. from what i've heard they're really hyper. i love German Shepherds. Pitbulls are cool in my book, i hate how people are always scared of them because of the bad rep they've gotten. it's all in how you train them. if you're going to rescue one check out Response-a-Bull Rescue they're a great group of people, The01Cav & his wife are involved with them.

i may be willing to part with my Powell Race Shop YYZ V1 springs soon.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:35 AM

I want to get the car up on the dyno to see where it is now vs down the road when the BT goes on.

Gonna probably try Performance Evolution in Middletown.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
We have the Cruze Eco 1.4 turbo. Its got some pep in its step honestly and I wouldnt mind if I drove that around over my cobalt. Gets 42-50 mpg highway depending on the drive. Pretty awesome car. Accelerates real good.

In other news, since my gaming lap top is over 6 years old and slowly dying, overheating more and more. Ive decided to build a true gaming pc.

the list:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ATX Mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX gaming board with double-sided ROG Armor, 23C-degrees cooler CrossChill and 120dB SNR, 600ohm audio

Intel 4th gen Haswell i5 4670k computer processor unit
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

ASUS GTX760 2GDR5 Graphics Processor unit
Newegg.com - ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Corsair AX860i Power supply unit
CORSAIR AXi series AX860i 860W Digital ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - Newegg.com

Corsair 120GB GT Solid state drive
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

Corsair 16 GB (4x4) Vengeance Memory 1600Mhz
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 - Newegg.com

Seagate 1 TB SSHD hybrid
Newegg.com - Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 1TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD

ASUS Blu-Ray
ASUS Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black Blu-ray Drive - Newegg.com

Microsoft Windows 8.1
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 8.1 - Full Version (32 & 64-bit)

Corsair H110 hydro cooler (water cooling for CPU)
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 280mm

ASUS 24" LED screen w/ built in speakers and web cam
ASUS VK248H-CSM Black 24" 2ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED-Backlit LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50000000:1 Built-in Speakers&Webcam - Newegg.com

Corsair Obsidian 650D mid ATX case
Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Steel structure with black brushed aluminum faceplate ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

Total cost? ~$2170 including shipping.

How badass is it going to be? Well if I dont break anything trying to build it lol... It will rape Alienwares top tier gaming rig. Like a good solid raping.

Well raping is a strong word and I know if your insane you could spend like $5k on the Alienware website to build a better PC but compared to what most people would be will to pay for a PC, I think the number I have here is perfect and you get way more for your dollar. I already have a Corsair K70 Keyboard and a programmable mouse Coolermaster Something Fire?

My setup is a black and red and no LEDs. I could have built my own water cooling setup but I like the idea of having Corsair back their water cooler product. If it leaks they are buying new stuff... Or they better.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 AM

heck, all i "need" is a S10. i'll never have a racecar to trailer to the track, just need something that can pull a small trailer (for like a lawnmower or furniture) at the most. as much as i'd love to eventually get a brand new truck (for the warranty mainly) i don't want the payment. so i'm just gonna find a decent S10, preferably 3 door extended cab or crew cab & 4x4.

i'd be down with that. only 2 weeks away now..... can't believe i'm actually looking forward to having surgery, never thought i'd say that.

nothing wrong with a conservative tune. my friend who tuned me did one on my HHR, basically a winter tune.... put down 300whp/362wtq. supposedly he put a slightly more aggressive tune on it now, gonna try to get it dyno'd soon.

with the way the world is today, i'm scared to pay that much for a dog. but, dogs can be worth it in the end. honestly, i'd pay 10x that for Torque if it was guaranteed that he'd be the dog he is today. Huskeys aren't bad, just NEED space & play time.... a lot. from what i've heard they're really hyper. i love German Shepherds. Pitbulls are cool in my book, i hate how people are always scared of them because of the bad rep they've gotten. it's all in how you train them. if you're going to rescue one check out Response-a-Bull Rescue they're a great group of people, The01Cav & his wife are involved with them.

i may be willing to part with my Powell Race Shop YYZ V1 springs soon.
yea i need a big one. still waiting to do my taxes so i can pay the cobalt off and buy my damn truck, hopefully it hasnt sold yet......

but hey, if the surgery takes care of things, id look forward to it as well.

but on a fully bolted and good tune should easily dyno 325/380ish. i had a **** tune and put down 310whp and 384wtq and that curve was HORRIBLE.

but yea, thats my thing.....huskies need that attention, which it wont get **** from me. the girlfriend wants the dog.....not me. i already told her im not doing **** with the dog, first time i have to take it for a walk, or clean up after it, im kicking it out the damn door. so i told her german sheperd or pitbull because they are both easy to train from past experience with them......besides if we get a pitbull, i can get my "pitbull with aids" sign and put it in the front window lol
Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 AM

Corgis. They are smart dogs. Very easy to train. They like to do tricks too. All women love Corgis.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:00 AM

Nooo I'm just saying I like my Cobalt having some ***** and still getting good gas.

I have a husky. Shouldn't cost you a grand unless your buying like a champion blood line husky haha. Hes a great dog man. Probably the best we've owned. Only problem is that he's too smart for his own good. Ohhhh and I paid $650 for him. If that matters or helps haha.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
Corgis. They are smart dogs. Very easy to train. They like to do tricks too. All women love Corgis.
are they little small dogs?......

Originally Posted by ORT
I have a husky. Shouldn't cost you a grand unless your buying like a champion blood line husky haha. Hes a great dog man. Probably the best we've owned. Only problem is that he's too smart for his own good. Ohhhh and I paid $650 for him. If that matters or helps haha.
close enough -___- lol. but yea, thats another thing i have heard is that they are entirely WAY too smart, my buddy i worked with in DCs guard has one, he might have shot it by now though.....not too sure haha.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:26 AM

are they little small dogs?......
Dont call them small! They are medium dogs. They just have really short legs.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by EFoxwell
I want to get the car up on the dyno to see where it is now vs down the road when the BT goes on.

Gonna probably try Performance Evolution in Middletown.
"when the BT goes on." huh? bigger turbo?

oh and Performance Evolution is now in Smyrna, and i'm not sure if they do fwd vehicles. they're a borderline "mustangs only" type of shop.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:40 AM

yea i need a big one. still waiting to do my taxes so i can pay the cobalt off and buy my damn truck, hopefully it hasnt sold yet......

but hey, if the surgery takes care of things, id look forward to it as well.

but on a fully bolted and good tune should easily dyno 325/380ish. i had a **** tune and put down 310whp and 384wtq and that curve was HORRIBLE.

but yea, thats my thing.....huskies need that attention, which it wont get **** from me. the girlfriend wants the dog.....not me. i already told her im not doing **** with the dog, first time i have to take it for a walk, or clean up after it, im kicking it out the damn door. so i told her german sheperd or pitbull because they are both easy to train from past experience with them......besides if we get a pitbull, i can get my "pitbull with aids" sign and put it in the front window lol
for a truck i'll probably scoop up some $1k beater for now and once the HHR is paid off i'll look to get something new/bigger.

surgery will definitely give me the relief i need and long term is for the best. just sucks that basically this entire year i'm just "hanging out" and can't really do anything.

knowing my friend/tuner, he probably kept my tune on the conservative side to keep me from blowing things up again.

well with all dogs it's all in how you train them. ANY dog can be as awesome as Torque is with the proper training. oh and that sign.... just ain't right.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ORT
close enough -___- lol. but yea, thats another thing i have heard is that they are entirely WAY too smart, my buddy i worked with in DCs guard has one, he might have shot it by now though.....not too sure haha.
$650 for a Husky doesn't seem bad at all.... but then again i'm not sure of their going prices.

i'm biased toward Labs, wish i could go back in time and NOT take Torque's manhood.... but we didn't know he'd be this big & awesome.

i'd love to get an English Bulldog because they crack me up the wrinkles and waddling, but screw paying $2k for one, they tend to have way too many health issues to risk dropping that kind of money for one.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
Dont call them small! They are medium dogs. They just have really short legs.
LOL

for a truck i'll probably scoop up some $1k beater for now and once the HHR is paid off i'll look to get something new/bigger.

surgery will definitely give me the relief i need and long term is for the best. just sucks that basically this entire year i'm just "hanging out" and can't really do anything.

knowing my friend/tuner, he probably kept my tune on the conservative side to keep me from blowing things up again.

well with all dogs it's all in how you train them. ANY dog can be as awesome as Torque is with the proper training. oh and that sign.... just ain't right.
how long is recovery? who tuned you before? and yea i know any dog can but some are easier than others. but nah, that sign is on point! lol. one hell of a theft deterrent (spelling) lol.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:31 AM

how long is recovery? who tuned you before? and yea i know any dog can but some are easier than others. but nah, that sign is on point! lol. one hell of a theft deterrent (spelling) lol.
i'll be physically out of work 4-6 weeks, according to the doctor. during that time all i should be doing is hanging out in the house. rotating between laying down, sitting in a chair & walking around the house.

doctor also said no strenuous activities basically for all of 2014, so that means i won't be playing softball, flag football, etc., probably can't even go bowling. don't want to undo what the surgery is going to do. i'm hoping that i'll be able to do some OC car meets/shows this summer since all that'll require is driving/walking.

my buddy Steve tuned me. he only tunes his own car and only tuned me because we're good friends.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:02 PM

may be willing to part with my Powell Race Shop YYZ V1 springs soon.[/QUOTE]
how much and would they fit the cobat?? whats the lowering specs

Quick Reply: Any one in Delaware out there