North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

CT Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay ill find the info and post it

lol yes kevin im finally going to lower it. i also want to turbo it. my warranty is up soon so im saving now for the turbo kit.

rcheli88 do you have a pic of your springs on the car? and how much?

UConn Car Club [UC3]*|*Storrs Gearheads Unite
uconncarclub@gmail.com

The UConn Car Club would like to invite you to be a part of our 8th Annual Spring Car Show on Saturday, April 9th. This year we WILL have a rain date of Sunday, April 10th. Please follow us on twitter for updates if the forecast looks questionable.

What you need to know:

W-Lot Commuter Parking Lot on the Storrs Campus
Directly off Storrs Rd (rt. 195)
Storrs CT, 06269
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates open @ 9:00 am (Please try not to come earlier because the lot will not be ready)
Registration closes @ 12:00 pm
Gates close when the parking lot capacity has been reached (~600 cars)
Loudest Car Competition around 12:30 pm (or earlier if the lot fills)
Trophies by 2:00-3:00 pm

Price:
Free to spectators
$10 dollars to show

Parking:
There will be no pre-registration. If your group would like to park together; arrive early and drive in together as a group. The first map attached below lists parking lots in the area and their locations so you can meet as a group before arriving at the show to drive in together.

Important: This year spectator parking will be across Rt. 195 along the side of Horse Barn Hill Road. If you do not plan to register your car, please park in the spectator area. As always, parking is limited at UConn, but we will try our best to accommodate all spectators. Police Officers and club members will be there to direct you.

Competitions/Events:
Loudest Car- A spectator judged competition. No Pre-reg necessary. NO DIESELS OR 2-STEP, sorry guys.

Bragging Rights
For those who have yet to see one of our shows, we tend to amass some of the greatest diversity of cars in one place. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest there's something for everyone, including Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros and even Supercars. All makes, models and price ranges of vehicles are welcome.

Trophies:
Classes are listed below. There will be a 1st place and runner up for each category.

1980 and Newer

Import FWD
Import RWD
Import AWD

Euro FWD
Euro RWD
Euro AWD

Domestic Muscle
Domestic Tuner

Truck/SUV Street
Off Road

Supercar/Exotic Sports Cars

2/3 Wheelers

Pre-1980

Original
Resto-Mod
Hot Rod

Specialty Awards

Sleeper
Best Club (Quality)
Club Participation (Attendance)
UC3 Choice
Type R

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club that UC3 deems to have the highest quality entrants in respect to the quality of the cars and the attitude of its members. The Type R award goes to the most ridiculously modded car. Bring your cardboard body kits!

We Need Your Input
Have any ideas for our show? Anything from previous shows you would like included or excluded? Any questions, concerns or comments for us? Please let us know! We have a forum setup on our website where you can discuss anything show related WITHOUT having to register. Just follow the link here and enter the password which is UC3 (all caps). The only way to make our show better is from the input we get and we'll do our best to incorporate as many ideas as possible.

Other Mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs, ands, or buts. Plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with. There will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see pics below for parking lots outside of the show that you can meet prior to arrival)
- Judging will be done by the attendees and will begin at exactly Noon. Those who arrive past Noon will not be allowed to register for judging.
- We will have porta-potties within the show as well as food and background music.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact the club for further details by email at uconncarclub@gmail.com
Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Note:
Participate at your own risk
Please forward any further questions or comments also to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Thank you and we hope to see you there!
-UC3

Last edited by G5GT2007; 03-07-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have any on my computer right now. I just put them in last spring, I asked my dad what he thinks they have for miles on them he says about 4k, hence i never drive the car lol. I paid like $250 for them so i'd sell them for like $150. It won't be for atleast another month before i can get them out because my car is in our back garage and until the ground is hard its not going anywhere.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by rcheli88
I don't have any on my computer right now. I just put them in last spring, I asked my dad what he thinks they have for miles on them he says about 4k, hence i never drive the car lol. I paid like $250 for them so i'd sell them for like $150. It won't be for atleast another month before i can get them out because my car is in our back garage and until the ground is hard its not going anywhere.
ill buy them off you just let me no when there off.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM

That car show sounds good, lets get a big group going
Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CTcar
That car show sounds good, lets get a big group going
I know there's a group of us from NH coming down
Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Let's start getting people together for the show if we show up together we can park together. It is a huge car show so it will fill up does every year
Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G5GT2007
ill buy them off you just let me no when there off.
alright sounds good. where in ct are you located?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Let's start getting people together for the show if we show up together we can park together. It is a huge car show so it will fill up does every year
put me down as 1
Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Not going
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by rcheli88
alright sounds good. where in ct are you located?
im in coventry.

and alright CTcar lets see how many more we can get haha
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 PM

Maybe we can work meeting up with the NH guys too, and all roll in together.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 PM

that works for me. if there coming from NH there going to take 84 into ct and have to drive through tolland. we can meet there at the big Y right off the exit.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 PM

that works for me. if there coming from NH there going to take 84 into ct and have to drive through tolland. we can meet there at the big Y right off the exit.
Is that exit 68? I don't drive to uconn often lol
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by CTcar
Is that exit 68? I don't drive to uconn often lol
haha yeah because my house is exit 67 and uconn is the next one. i also work off exit 68 then uconn is like 10 min down the road from the exit.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 AM

okay ill find the info and post it

lol yes kevin im finally going to lower it. i also want to turbo it. my warranty is up soon so im saving now for the turbo kit.

rcheli88 do you have a pic of your springs on the car? and how much?

UConn Car Club [UC3]*|*Storrs Gearheads Unite
uconncarclub@gmail.com

The UConn Car Club would like to invite you to be a part of our 8th Annual Spring Car Show on Saturday, April 9th. This year we WILL have a rain date of Sunday, April 10th. Please follow us on twitter for updates if the forecast looks questionable.

What you need to know:

W-Lot Commuter Parking Lot on the Storrs Campus
Directly off Storrs Rd (rt. 195)
Storrs CT, 06269
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates open @ 9:00 am (Please try not to come earlier because the lot will not be ready)
Registration closes @ 12:00 pm
Gates close when the parking lot capacity has been reached (~600 cars)
Loudest Car Competition around 12:30 pm (or earlier if the lot fills)
Trophies by 2:00-3:00 pm

Price:
Free to spectators
$10 dollars to show

Parking:
There will be no pre-registration. If your group would like to park together; arrive early and drive in together as a group. The first map attached below lists parking lots in the area and their locations so you can meet as a group before arriving at the show to drive in together.

Important: This year spectator parking will be across Rt. 195 along the side of Horse Barn Hill Road. If you do not plan to register your car, please park in the spectator area. As always, parking is limited at UConn, but we will try our best to accommodate all spectators. Police Officers and club members will be there to direct you.

Competitions/Events:
Loudest Car- A spectator judged competition. No Pre-reg necessary. NO DIESELS OR 2-STEP, sorry guys.

Bragging Rights
For those who have yet to see one of our shows, we tend to amass some of the greatest diversity of cars in one place. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest there's something for everyone, including Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros and even Supercars. All makes, models and price ranges of vehicles are welcome.

Trophies:
Classes are listed below. There will be a 1st place and runner up for each category.

1980 and Newer

Import FWD
Import RWD
Import AWD

Euro FWD
Euro RWD
Euro AWD

Domestic Muscle
Domestic Tuner

Truck/SUV Street
Off Road

Supercar/Exotic Sports Cars

2/3 Wheelers

Pre-1980

Original
Resto-Mod
Hot Rod

Specialty Awards

Sleeper
Best Club (Quality)
Club Participation (Attendance)
UC3 Choice
Type R

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club that UC3 deems to have the highest quality entrants in respect to the quality of the cars and the attitude of its members. The Type R award goes to the most ridiculously modded car. Bring your cardboard body kits!

We Need Your Input
Have any ideas for our show? Anything from previous shows you would like included or excluded? Any questions, concerns or comments for us? Please let us know! We have a forum setup on our website where you can discuss anything show related WITHOUT having to register. Just follow the link here and enter the password which is UC3 (all caps). The only way to make our show better is from the input we get and we'll do our best to incorporate as many ideas as possible.

Other Mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs, ands, or buts. Plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with. There will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see pics below for parking lots outside of the show that you can meet prior to arrival)
- Judging will be done by the attendees and will begin at exactly Noon. Those who arrive past Noon will not be allowed to register for judging.
- We will have porta-potties within the show as well as food and background music.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact the club for further details by email at uconncarclub@gmail.com
Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Note:
Participate at your own risk
Please forward any further questions or comments also to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Thank you and we hope to see you there!
-UC3
im gonna be there. was there last year and at first it was sortof lame car wise. but then a hugggeee group of gto's showed up then a couple sick cars. there was a ford gt40 and a nissan gtr. pretty sick, o and some sort of ferrari. i dont remember but it was sick. another guy had a 350z with a corvette engine swap which was sweet. ha overall it was a nice day, there was food and drinks which ran out pretty quick. but overall great show. hope to see alot of cobalts this year. only a few last year.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by kikal8
im gonna be there. was there last year and at first it was sortof lame car wise. but then a hugggeee group of gto's showed up then a couple sick cars. there was a ford gt40 and a nissan gtr. pretty sick, o and some sort of ferrari. i dont remember but it was sick. another guy had a 350z with a corvette engine swap which was sweet. ha overall it was a nice day, there was food and drinks which ran out pretty quick. but overall great show. hope to see alot of cobalts this year. only a few last year.
Keep an eye on here so you can meet up and roll in with us
Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
not sure whos coming down, i was just informed by mkulrey13 about getting together and going down with a group of people. talk to him about meeting up and going in together
Old 03-10-2011, 10:12 PM

i took the day off from work today so it better be a good show and nice weather.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM

Do you think we should start an official thread so we can all meet up and stuff?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:04 PM

yeah i think thats a good idea. that way more people can see it.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM

Spread the word

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/nort...il-9th-244635/
Old 03-15-2011, 02:49 PM

what big y ha. i work at one at the moment,
Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by kikal8
what big y ha. i work at one at the moment,

lol the one in tolland right off exit 68 on 84. get off the exit there is a light take a right you will pass a gas station and then you will see big y on the right.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM

Don't think I have any plans. If I still have the LSJ I will definitely represent! Just wish I had a dyno after my 2.75" and BYT tune.... then I could have bragging rights...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by NexTnmE
Don't think I have any plans. If I still have the LSJ I will definitely represent! Just wish I had a dyno after my 2.75" and BYT tune.... then I could have bragging rights...
One last show lol. Sucks you are selling it but eventually we move on to something bigger and better.

Quick Reply: CT Cobalts