North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

CT Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
I always thought your car was red idk why ... lol

would have went karting but needed sleep for work.

when did you guys end up coming back? I tried staying but the tails of this godlike camaro were growing taller by the minute and I just couldnt take anymore lol
Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
Great showing yesterday guys! That was by far the best turn out we have had yet, and it was great to see everyone supporting the platform! Maybe the next time we do something like this we should post some open invites in some other local car forums and get even more heads out there. Maybe an all domestic (sport compact, modern muscle, old school muscle) car meet? Good idea maybe?

It was definitely great to meet everyone and finally put some unknown faces to a user name! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to everyone though as you all left btw. I got a little caught up in working on Kyle's car and didn't realize how long we were gone for.

It's definitely too bad no one else decided to go karting with us either. The place was literally empty so Dan, Kyle and I basically had the entire track to ourselves!

I wish I was there to see this guy in the camaro. Sounds like a monster douche! lol
I have no ideas of any local car forums. Anyone know of any?

Also. unrelated. dropped off my resume at a few local dealerships and shops. Hoping I get a call back. I think I have a really good shot at working for Napoli Suzuki in Milford, which is where I got my Ion in the first place.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm deff in for the next one

And I would.have def stopped if I knew it was a big meet lol sorry guys

And if you think about opening up to different forums my car club will deff be tthere
Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by TommyTwinCams

Also. unrelated. dropped off my resume at a few local dealerships and shops. Hoping I get a call back. I think I have a really good shot at working for Napoli Suzuki in Milford, which is where I got my Ion in the first place.
And they can reach out to different car clubs to get some ppl we are gonna be hosting a cruise night soon if anyone is interested there will be awards
*details to come*
Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM

and what car club is this pray tell? Me and my friend were looking into car clubs recently.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM

and what car club is this pray tell? Me and my friend were looking into car clubs recently.
Go on Facebook and like Breaking Point CC we are just a bunch of ppl that like clean cars lol we all go to car shows and all that stuff lol

You can add me if you want Michael Villano
Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC

when did you guys end up coming back? I tried staying but the tails of this godlike camaro were growing taller by the minute and I just couldnt take anymore lol
Red?!? Pffft.. you crazy mang!?

I forget what time it was by the time we got back but literally EVERYONE but Dan had left! It was a sad sad sight after seeing the lot full of deltas when we were leaving.

There's one ct based forum that I'm part of that's pretty cool that I can get the word out on as well, but I was mainly thinking of other car forums (vettes, maros, stangs, mopars ect ect) that have a local section like ours that anyone might be a part of that could post an invite on, that is of course if we all decided to set up another meet. I'm personally on a few ford forums (truck and car) that I could put the invite out to.

I'm almost thinking of like an all american car/truck show/meet sort of thing. I don't know.... just brain storming here..
Old 06-04-2012, 05:57 PM

there is like two more cobalt sites, mabe they have a ct section like we do. there is like ************* and mycobalt.com mabe idk
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM

haha unless he was going for a sleeper that car was not so great, the interior was all f'ed up and it looked like he just beat on it constantly. They got back maybe 5-10min after everyone left.

Red?!? Pffft.. you crazy mang!?

I forget what time it was by the time we got back but literally EVERYONE but Dan had left! It was a sad sad sight after seeing the lot full of deltas when we were leaving.
I wasn't going to miss karting, that was one of the best runs I've had there, with so few people everyone spread out and got good laps and minimal crashes. There were those other 2 guys who spun each other out on the first lap of the first race in that hairpin turn, but that was on the warm up lap so it was OK.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Hey metallic, let me know when youre doing those carbon fiber pieces. pm me youre address and ill ship it to you when youre starting it
Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM

I still say our next meet should be at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:20 PM

We should have another meet but try to incorparate newyork, mass, and rhode island, see if we have. Semi neutral area for all 3 states
Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2010Cobalt
We should have another meet but try to incorparate newyork, mass, and rhode island, see if we have. Semi neutral area for all 3 states
Kinda what i was thinking as well actually! If that's the case, we will need a MUCH larger venue obviously.... lol

Maybe a tristate domestic car meet (sport compacts, modern muscle, and old school muscle) somewhere near the ct, ny, mass corner?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Well if we're doing a tri-state meet, I say stage it at Lime Rock Raceway. It's close enough to the border, and if we contact them in advance, we can rent the track for a day or so and get some track time in.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well if we're doing a tri-state meet, I say stage it at Lime Rock Raceway. It's close enough to the border, and if we contact them in advance, we can rent the track for a day or so and get some track time in.
Negative. Unfortunately you must be a part of a car club in order to get on the track, especially with your own vehicle. It really sucks because I would LOVE to get some laps in on Lime Rock.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Yeah limerock would be sick, you really want muscle an domestic huh? Lol Idc I'm kinda feeling just Balts but more the merrier. Yeah a Tristate thing would be awsome. Need to fid a good place though. Set this up for three weeks from now? I will find some suitable places tomorrow and talk to 09SS1 if you would like to help sence last time you did a real good job.

Off topic, I have a 2010 fully loaded LT but I want an SS. Found one in Vermont. Get this, 09 coupe, crap interior but only 14k for $15,000. Good deal or what????
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2010Cobalt
Yeah limerock would be sick, you really want muscle an domestic huh? Lol Idc I'm kinda feeling just Balts but more the merrier. Yeah a Tristate thing would be awsome. Need to fid a good place though. Set this up for three weeks from now? I will find some suitable places tomorrow and talk to 09SS1 if you would like to help sence last time you did a real good job.

Off topic, I have a 2010 fully loaded LT but I want an SS. Found one in Vermont. Get this, 09 coupe, crap interior but only 14k for $15,000. Good deal or what????
Have a link to an ad? How many miles on it?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it's in 3 weeks I might / probably would be out
Old 06-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Viceversa10
Hey metallic, let me know when youre doing those carbon fiber pieces. pm me youre address and ill ship it to you when youre starting it
you got it you were in the white t shirt correct?

id be down for another meet in like julyish. id like same group that was there personally. add more people from other forums etc and you run the risk of asshats messing it up for everyone.

also meets not so close to gether time frame wise and more people will tend to show up, instead of oh ill just catch the next one in a few weeks mentality. ya know?

just my .02 but im open to see what gets thrown together.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 PM

id be down for another meet in like julyish. id like same group that was there personally. add more people from other forums etc and you run the risk of asshats messing it up for everyone.

also meets not so close to gether time frame wise and more people will tend to show up, instead of oh ill just catch the next one in a few weeks mentality. ya know?

Yeah that's me lol
Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 PM

I was wearing a white ecotec shirt.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

so was he
Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah I hear ya man. So you think incorporating other forums is a bad idea huh? I don't mind either way personally (especially with how good of a group we had on Sunday), but I'm really just putting out feelers and trying to get feedback from everyone right now before anything else gets organized so yours and and anyone else's .02 is totally welcome.. Honestly, July would have probably been the absolute earliest that I would have even considered another balt meet seeing as how we just had one last week and all, but I'm down for July if everyone else is.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 PM

so was he
I was also wearing black shorts and Ken Block edition DC skate shoes.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Negative. Unfortunately you must be a part of a car club in order to get on the track, especially with your own vehicle. It really sucks because I would LOVE to get some laps in on Lime Rock.
Negative on that too. I was talking to a buddy at work who goes to Lime Rock under the SCDA, and it's open to anyone with any car. Price is $345 for the day, and if 4+ guys are interested he can get a 5% discount. Next date he is looking at is August 27th. More info at this link: https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/161459111

Quick Reply: CT Cobalts