North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

CT Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea hopefully he gets it fixed for this weekend next weekend i cant
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So last night I picked up a set of 2005 cobalt ss leather seats so I could finally get rid of my crappy 2006 cobalt lt seats. So I take my old seats out and instal my new SS seats. Well the SS seats are missing the wiring harness that my old seats had under the bottom of them so now a message saying "service airbag" is showing on my car. So my questions are, is their a chance when driving that my airbags could suddenly go off? If I get into an accident will my airbags not go off at all? Is it possible to remove the wiring harness from my stock seats and put them on my new ss seats?
any help is appreciated, thank you
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM

Is it the passenger seat sensor that only activates airbag if someone is sitting there?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by eccarwiz
... is their a chance when driving that my airbags could suddenly go off? If I get into an accident will my airbags not go off at all? Is it possible to remove the wiring harness from my stock seats and put them on my new ss seats?
I would think that the airbags wouldnt go off... but not sure on something like that. Better call the dealer on this one...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by CTcar
Is it the passenger seat sensor that only activates airbag if someone is sitting there?
I thought so but both the passanger and drivers side seats have the wiring harness. The passanger seat light above the a/c controls isnt lighting up properly and I have the red airbag warning on my dash and its showing a message saying "serice airbag"
Originally Posted by NexTnmE
I would think that the airbags wouldnt go off... but not sure on something like that. Better call the dealer on this one...
Ya I guess I will have to do that, I was hoping someone here new about it though.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 PM

any news on the dyno
Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM

its still not running he said he was gunna let me know later. so if its not gunna happen i guess push it to saturday the 25th?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM

So last night I picked up a set of 2005 cobalt ss leather seats so I could finally get rid of my crappy 2006 cobalt lt seats. So I take my old seats out and instal my new SS seats. Well the SS seats are missing the wiring harness that my old seats had under the bottom of them so now a message saying "service airbag" is showing on my car. So my questions are, is their a chance when driving that my airbags could suddenly go off? If I get into an accident will my airbags not go off at all? Is it possible to remove the wiring harness from my stock seats and put them on my new ss seats?
That sensor for the air bag it to turn it on or off. If there is something 65 pounds or lighter on the pass set the airbag will stay off. With the service airbag message on the air bag wont go off while your driving but it also wont go off if you get into a accident.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by ultimategnar
its still not running he said he was gunna let me know later. so if its not gunna happen i guess push it to saturday the 25th?
that will suck.. and I dont know if I'll be able to make it
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM

yea i cant make it next weekend i work
Old 08-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ultimategnar
ohhhhh boy did I just find out some news about this guy that's gonna **** some people off.... I know it sure pissed me off.

A friend of a good buddy of mine just had some major work done to his dsm and all the work just so happened to have been done by bob there at Forced Induction Motorsports, and guess what. He was JUST on the dyno last night! Yes that's right, last night! Apparently the dyno has in fact NOT been broken at all. Truth of the matter is that he's actually going to Ohio this weekend for a a DSM shootout. I just recently found out from Mike (ixxgh0stxxi) about who the guy is that owns this shop, and I wish I had spoken up sooner because this dude has a looooonnnngggg history of being a shady ass character (Mike himself has no issue or connection to the guys mind you). I hadn't put the 2 together at first when you first mentioned the dyno day because I didn't realize he changed the name of his shop and moved to a different location.... hmmmm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but lying to you and the rest of us who put a whole day aside for an event only to find out that he straight up LIED because he's going to another event that is apparently more important to him is just flat out messed up. Sorry but this guy will not be getting my business for any future dyno days.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:54 PM

I thought so but both the passanger and drivers side seats have the wiring harness. The passanger seat light above the a/c controls isnt lighting up properly and I have the red airbag warning on my dash and its showing a message saying "serice airbag"

Ya I guess I will have to do that, I was hoping someone here new about it though.
Oh, I have the recaros and no passenger on/off option, as are all the SS models I believe. Have you tried searching the how-to section? I would think this is a popular mod so I bet other people have figured it out.

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
ohhhhh boy did I just find out some news about this guy that's gonna **** some people off.... I know it sure pissed me off.

A friend of a good buddy of mine just had some major work done to his dsm and all the work just so happened to have been done by bob there at Forced Induction Motorsports, and guess what. He was JUST on the dyno last night! Yes that's right, last night! Apparently the dyno has in fact NOT been broken at all. Truth of the matter is that he's actually going to Ohio this weekend for a a DSM shootout. I just recently found out from Mike (ixxgh0stxxi) about who the guy is that owns this shop, and I wish I had spoken up sooner because this dude has a looooonnnngggg history of being a shady ass character (Mike himself has no issue or connection to the guys mind you). I hadn't put the 2 together at first when you first mentioned the dyno day because I didn't realize he changed the name of his shop and moved to a different location.... hmmmm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but lying to you and the rest of us who put a whole day aside for an event only to find out that he straight up LIED because he's going to another event that is apparently more important to him is just flat out messed up. Sorry but this guy will not be getting my business for any future dyno days.

Damn.... that is some shady ****. If he wanted to go to a meet so bad why would he even tell you guys that date as an available dyno day.

Lets still get a sonic/go-kart meet going though.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
damn thats some shady **** for sure! im down for sonic though! preferably after sept 1st though. lets take the time and make it a big one!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CTcar
Oh, I have the recaros and no passenger on/off option, as are all the SS models I believe. Have you tried searching the how-to section? I would think this is a popular mod so I bet other people have figured it out.

Damn.... that is some shady ****. If he wanted to go to a meet so bad why would he even tell you guys that date as an available dyno day.

Lets still get a sonic/go-kart meet going though.
I have no idea, but's definitely messed up. I'm guessing he commited to our dyno day and then he caught wind of this dsm thing after the fact so he probably figured his only way out of a DYNO day is to claim that his DYNO is on the *******.... just a guess though.

Yeah we definitely still need to do another sonic meet, but it's probably best that we don't do it this weekend. I'd really like to give everyone a big enough heads up so we can organize it a little better.

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
damn thats some shady **** for sure! im down for sonic though! preferably after sept 1st though. lets take the time and make it a big one!
Yeah exactly! We had a GREAT turnout last time which was awesome, but I'd like to try to top that and seriously organize something that we can open invite people from NY, RI, Mass, and where ever else we can pull in some deltas.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 PM

I have no idea, but's definitely messed up. I'm guessing he commited to our dyno day and then he caught wind of this dsm thing after the fact so he probably figured his only way out of a DYNO day is to claim that his DYNO is on the *******.... just a guess though.

Yeah we definitely still need to do another sonic meet, but it's probably best that we don't do it this weekend. I'd really like to give everyone a big enough heads up so we can organize it a little better.

Yeah exactly! We had a GREAT turnout last time which was awesome, but I'd like to try to top that and seriously organize something that we can open invite people from NY, RI, Mass, and where ever else we can pull in some deltas.
Damn... I was looking forward to getting this beast on the dyno too oh well. The 25th wont be so good for me, my band In The Red is playing a show at AllStars in Manchester that night... need to rest up *shameless plug*
Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Im limited to sonic myself but whatever after That you guys are free for anything. I want massive amounts of names on this banner
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 PM

yea i deff wanna meet up this time.... I wanted to get dynoed but i dont wanna spend too much either im broke hahaha.... performance and style in manchester will do single dynos 3 pulls for 65.. thats wat he charged me last time.. i mean if you guys want to still do a dyno day sometime in the future i can talk to him
Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by NexTnmE
Damn... I was looking forward to getting this beast on the dyno too oh well. The 25th wont be so good for me, my band In The Red is playing a show at AllStars in Manchester that night... need to rest up *shameless plug*
I've played there with my band, wasn't really our scene but you guys should be fine.

I meant create one for september, not replace this weekends one haha. So what date works for people? Sept 8, 15, or 22? The 22nd would give most time to get a big turn out. Let's fill that parking lot with deltas!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM

well i just sent him a text. i have known bob since highschool days and this pissed me off i told him the dyno day is off. after all these years of being friends with bob i mean hell i know his mom! im waiting for his response to see how he is gunna handle this.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM

allright so the response i got...and it is valid because i saw the dyno running like this is that its reading 100% humidity and high ambient temp. so the dyno he did last night for was just for a tune not for numbers. the dyno mechanically is fine its the computer side of it. take it for what it is. could be true could be not. owell sorry everybody!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 PM

So I'm on my phone so I dont wanna quote 100 posts but that sucks about the dyno day. About the seats for my car, my buddy buddy and I swapped over the harness and everything seams to be ok. It was a big pain in the ass though.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

^ glad to hear you got that fixed. Im down for the 22nd of September. and can create a thread if you guys want for it. whos invited, strictly deltas aside from a guy with a G8 that we happen to know? new englanders welcome?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM

^ glad to hear you got that fixed. Im down for the 22nd of September. and can create a thread if you guys want for it. whos invited, strictly deltas aside from a guy with a G8 that we happen to know? new englanders welcome?
I have a friend with a first gen Scion xB RS 3.0 who might be interested in coming. He told me to keep him updated.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 AM

ohhh darn i cant see my cobalt barely make 130hp haha sonic meet or five guys or hooters
Old 08-16-2012, 11:40 AM

Yeah that random G8 guy... he's such a douche Sept 22nd would work for me tho.

And the dyno day (or lack there of) is disapointing, and he should've just told you stright up... whatever... we'll have another...

Quick Reply: CT Cobalts