North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Pep Boys-Wreck-Mids 90's Cobra-Undercover State Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pep Boys-Wreck-Mids 90's Cobra-Undercover State Cop

Wow. What a night. first there was the pep boys deal. Great setup they got going on there. Then when i left and was driving down rt 30 to get to the turnpike it was closed because of that wreck where we saw all the state boys going to.

Now the good part. I was on rt 60 by the airport and a mid 90's mustang cobra wants to play. so i downshifted into 4th instead of 3rd and he put like 4 cars on me. So i am playing catch up and we see this car duck from the far left lane to the middle lane as i am passing him. As we passed him my buddy noticed it was a crown vic with a dare plate and a whip. I was going about 120 and i just slowed down to about 80. well he was behind me for about 30 seconds and then went after the cobra. The cobra got off at the airport and he followed him. Close one. Then right before the Aliquippa exit on 60 i see a marked state boy on the side of the road with his lights on. I figured he radioed ahead and i am screwed. Well as i got closer i saw a car pulled over in front of him. Another close call. So does anyone think when the unmarked was behind me he got my plate? What can he get me for?

All in all it was a hell of a night and i gotta do the pep boys thing more often.

Rick
Old 08-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

don't really think they can get you for much. they may call you and ask you some question if he got you plate and he wants to be a *****. But i've never heard of getting citations in the mail. atleast in PA anyway. I wouldn't worry too much! If he saw you doing 120 he would have pulled you over and cut your liscense up and hauled you to jail for reckless driving right then. I think you're ok man! By the way those lights are HOT!
Old 08-20-2006, 04:41 AM
Banned

Ya I dont hink he can do anything. Dont worry about it.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:49 AM

I"ve never heard of them doing anything like that.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:22 AM

WOW.... saw the title of this post... and thought the worst..

1) pep boys
2) mid 90's Cobra ( that one trolling around BWW )
3) UC TRooper ( thought the title meant that COBRA was the trooper )

Rick, I seriously doubt the DARE plate CV was a trooper. I see alot of those decommisioned cars with the plates on them. THere's quite a few running around like that with the CB whip on it just to screw with people as far as scaring the crap out of them.

Now, I'm not saying it wasn't....but I doubt it.

Was that Cobra pulled over by the marked trooper??

Glad you all had fun last night. I had a good time. Some kids in a Tiburon were baiting me last night. Everyone that knows me knows I have NO Interest in that, but I thought...

What would the guys do???

I was in the mood to run, but not on the street.

Later everyone!

EDIT:
OK... so anyone run into that Green Cobra that was tooling around the mall while we were leaving??
Old 08-20-2006, 12:50 PM

yah he can take you plates first and tell you to pull over and then went after the cobra, what choice do you have, he already has your plates so you might as well pull over. Since he didnt do this i wouldnt worry about it that much. But id you get a ticket in the mail then that sucks.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM

I'm with Brian, if it was a DARE plate I doubt if it was a UC.

They CAN give you a ticket under the right circumstances. IF they get your plate AND have enough evidence that you were there and driving dangerously, then yeah, they can get you.

Their big thing lately is using the traffic cameras to nab people. Like on the Parkway, I know they do it on the PW West (279) and PW East (376), I know of 3 people who've gotten busted with them, they can't get you for speeding but they can for reckless driving and/or racing. My friend Dave from IUP got nailed on 279 for wreckless driving for cutting in and out of traffic "in a dangerous manner" and my friend Carly's boyfriend and two of their friends were nailed on their bikes for racing on 376.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:44 PM

A DARE plate can be used by undercovers... Dont underestimate the power of the state. I know of local municipalities that have DARE plates on certain cars. I havent seen any local state boys that have them...but if locals can run them...then who knows...
Old 08-20-2006, 01:45 PM

Besides if he wanted you he would gotten you...no one can out run the fastest thing...Motorola
Old 08-20-2006, 04:21 PM

i dont know what the hell was goin on last nite but ive never seen so many cops out before... was down at the strip and i couldnt even count how many cops i saw... kinda sucked, i had to behave for once....
Old 08-20-2006, 04:24 PM

what pep boys thing?????????????
Old 08-20-2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bavoose
what pep boys thing?????????????
Local Pittsburgh meet.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
WOW.... saw the title of this post... and thought the worst..

1) pep boys
2) mid 90's Cobra ( that one trolling around BWW )
3) UC TRooper ( thought the title meant that COBRA was the trooper )

Rick, I seriously doubt the DARE plate CV was a trooper. I see alot of those decommisioned cars with the plates on them. THere's quite a few running around like that with the CB whip on it just to screw with people as far as scaring the crap out of them.

Now, I'm not saying it wasn't....but I doubt it.

Was that Cobra pulled over by the marked trooper??

Glad you all had fun last night. I had a good time. Some kids in a Tiburon were baiting me last night. Everyone that knows me knows I have NO Interest in that, but I thought...

What would the guys do???

I was in the mood to run, but not on the street.

Later everyone!

EDIT:
OK... so anyone run into that Green Cobra that was tooling around the mall while we were leaving??
Ok. It was definently a state boy cause he took off after the cobra and was on his ass. they both got off at the airport so i dont know what happened. And also my buddy that was with me got a ticket in the mail.

Rick
Old 08-20-2006, 10:10 PM

Wait...

Your buddy that was with you ( last night, in the car?? ) got one in the mail before??

Well, Like I said, I know people have gotten them in the mail before, but I wasn't sure about the car and it's legit-ness of being a LEO.

THat said... hope you are NOT getting a ticket in the mail. THat would suck beyond words.

I still think that at that late of a time, they would've just radioed ahead and got you a bit down the road.

I know a guy that the cops were sitting at his house after drag racing on the street. They had his plate # and knew he was there, but didn't catch him, so they just went to his house.

anyway... keeping my fingers x-d.

bed time!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:49 PM

Yeah the kid that was with me last night has got a ticket in the mail before. I am hoping im all in the clear too.

Rick
Old 08-20-2006, 11:59 PM

get a digital radar/laser detector
Old 08-21-2006, 12:03 AM

That wouldn't of done any good. he was mixed in with cars in front of me, not on the side using the gun.

Rick
Old 08-21-2006, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
I'm with Brian, if it was a DARE plate I doubt if it was a UC.

They CAN give you a ticket under the right circumstances. IF they get your plate AND have enough evidence that you were there and driving dangerously, then yeah, they can get you.

Their big thing lately is using the traffic cameras to nab people. Like on the Parkway, I know they do it on the PW West (279) and PW East (376), I know of 3 people who've gotten busted with them, they can't get you for speeding but they can for reckless driving and/or racing. My friend Dave from IUP got nailed on 279 for wreckless driving for cutting in and out of traffic "in a dangerous manner" and my friend Carly's boyfriend and two of their friends were nailed on their bikes for racing on 376.
wow, i come from monroeville all the time on 376 and i had no idea they had cameras there now so i better slow down. the other day on 376 after the tunnel there is an underpass the cops sit at, well i saw one undercover impala come out from there after me when i passed but luckily a white solstice flew by going even faster and he got on his ass. i also got pulled over though last night on rt. 51
Old 08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

^^^well that works, but most state officers are trained/able to give a visual est. of speed & give you a ticket.

ps. radar detectors detect radar and laser, a cop can drive with radar on
Old 08-21-2006, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by celicacobalt
wow, i come from monroeville all the time on 376 and i had no idea they had cameras there now so i better slow down. the other day on 376 after the tunnel there is an underpass the cops sit at, well i saw one undercover impala come out from there after me when i passed but luckily a white solstice flew by going even faster and he got on his ass. i also got pulled over though last night on rt. 51
Yeah, the PennDOT cameras, the same ones they use to monitor traffic, are also watched by the Staties. They can't really pull you over for speeding with it because they have no way to ascertain your speed...what they use them for primarily is wreckless driving and racing. They can see cars darting in and out of traffic, cars that are racing, etc.

I figured the tickets were bogus, Dave's was the first I'd heard about personally. He fought it and lost, also lost on the appeal. Then I found out about the other tickets, same deal, they fought and lost, the one kid lost his license because of it.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
ps. radar detectors detect radar and laser, a cop can drive with radar on
Not in PA. Well it can be ON but he can't use radar to give you a ticket while moving like in Ohio.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by seabeess
get a digital radar/laser detector
I've got a newer one, one of the "guaranteed to pick up 76245 bands of radar/laser" and it wouldn't pick up PA state. A friend of mine and I drove by a cop with the handheld radar out the window on PA 60 and it wouldn't set the detector off. We kept turning around and tryin from all different angles and it was a no-go. Moral of my story is, know that the detector you're going to buy will 100% actually work where you'll be driving.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Hey allen, how did things go at theother spot you guys went to? I was done at jerrys today and the one kid i know asked for a rev when i was leaving. As i was driving by a silver srt-4 the kids were saying not to race me cause i was modded. LOL

Rick
Old 08-21-2006, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by 06lasersss/c
Hey allen, how did things go at theother spot you guys went to? I was done at jerrys today and the one kid i know asked for a rev when i was leaving. As i was driving by a silver srt-4 the kids were saying not to race me cause i was modded. LOL

Rick
You didn't miss anything, kinda dead everywhere we ended up going to. I would have come out tonight but I'm on call for work and just sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. I might have Wednesdays and Thursdays off from now on, at least for this week anyways, so I'm trying to plan on Test N Tune at Pittsburgh Raceway Wednesdays and some type of "social event" for Thursdays.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:21 AM

we went out to Mt. Pleasant and found a VR6 turbo ( or so the guy claimed) and Dan raced him down 119. Dan walked away from him very hard, and then i did the ricer flyby on him as he was still WOT.......lol, that was probably a kick in the nuts for him. Late start and I even passed him....

then me and Dan did a run all the way to about 145+ and I walked away from him...... Say what you want Dan...I still won

Quick Reply: Pep Boys-Wreck-Mids 90's Cobra-Undercover State Cop