Pep Boys-Wreck-Mids 90's Cobra-Undercover State Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot about these:

Attachment 772
Attachment 773

More in my gallery.

Last edited by Witt; 12-29-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by fastSS06
we went out to Mt. Pleasant and found a VR6 turbo ( or so the guy claimed) and Dan raced him down 119. Dan walked away from him very hard, and then i did the ricer flyby on him as he was still WOT.......lol, that was probably a kick in the nuts for him. Late start and I even passed him....

then me and Dan did a run all the way to about 145+ and I walked away from him...... Say what you want Dan...I still won
Yes but lets not forget I walked you Now buy the 2.5" pulley.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:23 AM

Yes, I got pics to upload this AM as well. Have some from Friday, and from the Cobalt Militia....lol

Dont' forget one thing that I've always been told....

Radar detectors are not going to pick up the gun unless the trigger is depressed. It's not like a price scanner that is always streaming a beam. They shoot it at a car and that's that. That MIGHT be why alot of detectors do not pick them up.

Guy that I work with has a nice Cobra Detector and he siad the same thing.

Well, I'm glad you guys found the action on 119. I heard there was some there, but hadn't seen 1st hand.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:04 AM

I used to have a decent radar dector but tossed it because it didnt pick everything up. I did the drive by on a cop three times and couldnt get it to go off. They only work when the trigger is down so if you are all alone on the road by the time your dectector goes off it is to late.

Had an Audi A4 try to engage me last night on I79 N through Cranberry last night, later on rt8 N had an evo try to engage but I had too many people in the car to engage.

There was an unusual amount of cops out last night also, I saw a couple between the airport and 79 on rt60.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 AM

Yeah, I don't know what is going on there.... I've seen ALOT more than usual all week. Even around my nieghborhood ( which they hardly ever drive thru ) there's been alot.

Seems we now have 2 cycle cops as well...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
Well, I'm glad you guys found the action on 119. I heard there was some there, but hadn't seen 1st hand.
Hardly. We just wanted to see if there were people actually out there, including the V6 Mustang that was flying around Gbg. There was nothing going on out there. The race that Dan had against the VW was just random. We were at a gas station getting some drinks and gas and they pulled in and asked if we wanted to run. Other than that, the place was dead.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:24 AM

Well, Maybe the weather had a part in that. I dunno.

So dan, what are you driving as a rental this week?

May have found a home for the Cobalt over the winter if I get a beater.....

Wooo hoo!

We'll see. Have to get some OT soon, or maybe a 2nd job after racing season is over.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:42 PM

So...my car acts fine this morning...the I go to leave work this afternoon, and it starts up with the symptoms it did before it snapped the roll pin last time. So I quickly pull into my driveway while it's still moving ( I learned my lesson last time). I get in the garage and shut the car off. I started moving the shifter in and out of gear, and just as I suspected after 4 random shifts, it broke. So now it's off to STAR chevrolet again. Hopefully iot won't take 2 weeks this time.

So 1 Saturn down, and one SS/SC down. who's next?.....lol
Old 08-21-2006, 03:43 PM

You can count Dan's 2.4. The dent.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:13 PM

thats good to know know... i always flyyy out of the tunnels... cameras in there too? the dumb **** i have done thru those tunnels... lol....
Old 08-21-2006, 04:56 PM

Haha... I think everyone is getting a little too paranoid about the cameras on 376. Those are webcams. They refresh every so often. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket from the cameras on there. I'm sure they could maybe make a case for reckless driving with a decent picture... but it's gotta be a damn good pic to make a case. Speeding... not a chance. Believe me... I speed a lot on the parkway (by definition... since the limit is 55). My Dad has travelled 376 daily for over 12 years now... and he's never had problems with the cameras either.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
^^^well that works, but most state officers are trained/able to give a visual est. of speed & give you a ticket.

ps. radar detectors detect radar and laser, a cop can drive with radar on

in PA, only state troopers use radar, and i do not think they allow use of "rolling radar"
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 PM

Well, that was a fun ride home on the beloved parkway today....

I thought for SURE I was getting a ticket, adn I was the SLOW car in the group.

Headin on 65 south back into town, going over the Ft Duquesne bridge ( between the stadiums ) that is all 40MPH there....

Well, NO ONE does that thru there, and I got cuaght behind an out of state driver, and glad I did.

Got up to the cars that I was with, and a Statie on a moto was there at that part where the two lanes are divided with a jersey barrier, and he is yelling at the 2 drivers about speeding and such... takes there DL's and tells them to pull ahead to an Emergency pullouff... He kept looking back at me, but never flagged me, so he must've got them under the overpass to where it goes away from the bridge...

my clutch foot was shaking.

SO there was 4 State troopers between the stadiums, and Monroeville....

WTF is going on? I know we're getting close to the end of the month, but this is crazy...
Be careful everyone!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by 06lasersss/c
Yeah the kid that was with me last night has got a ticket in the mail before. I am hoping im all in the clear too.

Rick
If you get a ticket then PLEAD NOT GUILTY when you appear before the judge ask Mr. Smokey if he can positively identify who was driving, have a friend who resembles you next to you. When he can't provide pos. I.D. judge will throw the ticket out
Old 08-21-2006, 06:07 PM

you have nothing to worry about lol they cant get you for anything if he didnt pull you over
Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Not in PA. Well it can be ON but he can't use radar to give you a ticket while moving like in Ohio.
Why can't they use it when they are driving? I've never heard of that anywhere.

Originally Posted by sshaner
you have nothing to worry about lol they cant get you for anything if he didnt pull you over
They can write a ticket up to 30 days after the infraction most places. They usually don't, but they can. Just because a cop doesn't write you a ticket or arrest you doesn't mean they couldn't have. Most people don't realize how much of a dick police COULD be if they wanted to.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:49 PM

I got pulled over on 60 about a week and a half ago 95 in a 65 1 more mph and I would have had my liscense suspended, but he was cool about everything cause I was going around 120 earlier and I think thats when he got me by the time he caught up to me I had been going 65 for like 2 min. lol oh well $200 there goes my mounts
Old 08-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Might as well take it to court. That's a lot of points. I got a ticket for 82 in a 55. I got out of it with no points and some money back just by asking the judge.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:55 PM

Not sure im gonna bother with it, hey I did it oh well, but gettting less points would be nice. Im just curious how many lol.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cawpin
In Pennsylvania it is illegal for a cop to use "moving" radar. They have to be stationary in order to clock you with radar. Pennsylvania is not the only state that does it, but most people are used to cops having it. It's nice to live somplace where they don't. They can still give you a ticket, but you have to be "paced" using their speedometer.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by jester
Not sure im gonna bother with it, hey I did it oh well, but gettting less points would be nice. Im just curious how many lol.
I felt the sameway, but Alicia actually convinced me to take it court. Glad I did. I jsut went in and said, I will pay the fine in full if I can not get the points. She just said ok, we will even knock it down to a 65 in a 55 and give you some of your money back. I was in the court room no longer than 45 seconds.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
Haha... I think everyone is getting a little too paranoid about the cameras on 376. Those are webcams. They refresh every so often. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket from the cameras on there. I'm sure they could maybe make a case for reckless driving with a decent picture... but it's gotta be a damn good pic to make a case. Speeding... not a chance. Believe me... I speed a lot on the parkway (by definition... since the limit is 55). My Dad has travelled 376 daily for over 12 years now... and he's never had problems with the cameras either.
I can ask Dave to scan his ticket and send it if you want. They can and do write tickets off of them, and they DO hold up in court. Like I said, not for speeding but primarily for reckless driving.

They're not just webcams. They are installed and maintained by PennDOT for traffic control so that they can monitor conditions remotely. They just happen to allow local media (and I believe they broadcast them on their website to) the right to broadcast the feed. But they are primarily for the benefit of PennDOT and they DO have people monitoring those cameras.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^ agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

those cameras are VERY good units.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by cawpin

They can write a ticket up to 30 days after the infraction most places. They usually don't, but they can. Just because a cop doesn't write you a ticket or arrest you doesn't mean they couldn't have. Most people don't realize how much of a dick police COULD be if they wanted to.

The big thing in Ohio here that they are doing now is what they call pacing...They pace you on the highways and use no radar..
Old 08-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
WTF is going on? I know we're getting close to the end of the month, but this is crazy...
Be careful everyone!

I have an answer for you Brian. Straight from a friend of mine from Troop B:

Lish,

LOL, so you just saw more Troopers out or you got another ticket? Misty told me about your mishap in May. Grad time is always fun, I remember we got to sit out up there pretty much daily and just get speeders all day long. Glad to hear you're contributing to my salary, LOL. Anyway we're doing a special enforcement operation from now until the weekend after Labor Day. We've done it before, but never this large-scale. It's pretty sweet for us, because the patrol size increase is targeted at 20-25% so we're pretty much getting all the overtime we could ever want.

The rundown is pretty much the same as it has been before, Camo Cops is back on the interstates, and when there's a high enough coverage our goal is to hit some secondary highways as well. You'll find a lot more unmarkeds out too both as part of the CC as well as rolling patrol. We're also out in non-police cars. Mostly impounds, so it could be anything. Most just looking for reckless drivers, racers, and possibly DUIs. Obviously their not ther as a primary, their just a lookout with a radio for backup. As usual, DUI is zero-tolerance, but like I told you before we've got an edict out that it's at the Trooper/Troop discretion, but some areas have chosen to go zero-tolerance on other things as well. Namely Click-It-Or-Ticket, racing on highways, reckless driving, and insurance coverage. They're trying to have zero-tolerance weekends, probably Labor Day weekend for sure, not sure if they'll get another one in or not, we haven't heard anything for sure.

Just watch yourself, patrols are going to be pretty heavy for the next few weeks so you'd be well advised to take it easy.

Keep in touch, girl. Misty and Nate are going to be having a housewarming party somewhere down the line, but you know my sister. It could be next week, it could be a year from now.

Quick Reply: Pep Boys-Wreck-Mids 90's Cobra-Undercover State Cop