North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Pep Boys-Wreck-Mids 90's Cobra-Undercover State Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by redSSBalt
The big thing in Ohio here that they are doing now is what they call pacing...They pace you on the highways and use no radar..

that's old tech,but it works. this is why i liked living in philadelphia, there are about 6 cars there that are set up to properly judge speed in an enforceable manner. so if you weren't doing some ******* speed and being reckless, they just left you alone.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is kinda odd Alicia because honestly, we've seen less law enforcement recently than we usually do. But that might just be bcause they are blended in better.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^Agreed. I've seen less.

And Alicia, I know what those cameras are for... my Dad's friend works for PennDOT. I'm well aware of what they're capable of and what they're used for. I'm not saying you can't get a ticket through those cameras... but does Dave's ticket specify that the cameras are what got him? I've heard of them being used for reckless driving, but only once or twice. Notice how I said it would have to be some pretty clear evidence? Most of the time they monitor those pretty loosely.

And I am 125% sure you will NOT get a ticket for speeding from those cameras. That's the point I was making about people getting all fussy about the cameras on the Parkway. S2kRicer was worried about speeding and I just wanted to clear up that he won't get a ticket from the cameras for speeding.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
^^Agreed. I've seen less.

And Alicia, I know what those cameras are for... my Dad's friend works for PennDOT. I'm well aware of what they're capable of and what they're used for. I'm not saying you can't get a ticket through those cameras... but does Dave's ticket specify that the cameras are what got him? I've heard of them being used for reckless driving, but only once or twice. Notice how I said it would have to be some pretty clear evidence? Most of the time they monitor those pretty loosely.

And I am 125% sure you will NOT get a ticket for speeding from those cameras. That's the point I was making about people getting all fussy about the cameras on the Parkway. S2kRicer was worried about speeding and I just wanted to clear up that he won't get a ticket from the cameras for speeding.
That's why I said in my first post they can't get you for speeding.

I believe his says "traffic monitoring system" and then it lists the location of the camera, but I can double check. What happened was there was a cop sitting on up and they pulled him over.

I honestly don't remember what Carly's boyfriends' ticket said, they never got pulled over by an actual cop, they got a ticket in the mail. Frankly I'm surprised that that one held up in court, but it did, somehow. They got his tag from a cop in a maintenance vehicle and sent in the ticket in the mail. Honestly, I think he got screwed but he didn't pursue any more appeals so eh.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 AM

As for cops, I've seen WAY more. I tried pressing my friend for more info, but he wouldn't budge. I'd be interested to know what their hotspots are. Typically each barracks has 3-4 "hot spots" that they haunt. Two years ago it was 79 North/South between the 279 interchange and Cannonsburg. I got 2 tickets there in less than a year, and for a while I couldn't go down that stretch of road without seeing 2-3 cops gunning.

Lately I see them a lot where Brian mentioned, over by the stadiums between the bridges. I'm starting to see them a lot more going Westbound on the Turnpike between New Stanton and Monroeville, they've found a couple new spots on there. And they're back to 119 just before Davies Ford outside of C'ville to that @#$!ing spot they love so much just past that go-kart place we went to. There used to be a road that crossed 119 right before the 31 exit if you're headed toward New Stanton from C'ville, they blocked off the crossing, but there's an empty lot off to the right, in the past month I've probably seen them there 5 or 6 times. And 22 is lousy with them because of all the construction, they're looking for people speeding through the construction zones.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by fastSS06
So...my car acts fine this morning...the I go to leave work this afternoon, and it starts up with the symptoms it did before it snapped the roll pin last time. So I quickly pull into my driveway while it's still moving ( I learned my lesson last time). I get in the garage and shut the car off. I started moving the shifter in and out of gear, and just as I suspected after 4 random shifts, it broke. So now it's off to STAR chevrolet again. Hopefully iot won't take 2 weeks this time.

So 1 Saturn down, and one SS/SC down. who's next?.....lol
Better not be me next, I think I'm having fuel pump problems again. Grrrrrr.

At least this time you can't blame me for leaving you on the side of the road...