Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

***carbon fiber dash trim by impulse!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***carbon fiber dash trim by impulse!!

hey guys. alot of you have seen it already but here it is. this is the 4 silver interior trim pieces on the dash which is the left and right pieces near the steering wheel, the radio trim bezel and the piece above the glove box. these pieces are hand wrapped in grade A 1st quality carbon fiber. besides the epoxy layers on top there are 4 coats of clear coat for UV protection (even though its inside your car). many hours are put into these pieces with the sanding and everything. this is for those with the switches on the left and right pieces also. if you have an SS then i can put the badge on this also. this set is going for $399 shipped with a core exchange of your set. pm me for details etc.

SOLD

Last edited by impulseballer; 02-13-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:02 PM

bump looks great. no cash here but someone will want it

it looks professional
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 PM

Looks very good. If I was not selling my car and needed to get ride of my toy I would be all over this.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM

very nice impulse.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 PM

just a question for refrence, whats the difference in this carbon fiber wrapped pieces compared to the ones selling for 205 plus dollars
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 PM

VERY NICE man, but for $399 + shipping is it really worth that much? You can just for a little more purchase a CF hood.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2Race
VERY NICE man, but for $399 + shipping is it really worth that much? You can just for a little more purchase a CF hood.
You get what you pay for. I have seen his work, A+
Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 PM

the 205 one is a appliqué that goes over your existing piece, I.E. A BIG STICKER. This is an actual piece wrapped in fiber, big difference.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Good work but not worth what your asking.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
You get what you pay for. I have seen his work, A+
Im not trying to dog his work or anything, because it looks frickin awesome. I just dont see how for that small of amount of CF compared to a damn OEM CF HOOD which runs like $450 + shipping, you can charge $399 + for that. Its just way too much.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:26 PM

his work is A+ but deff not what hes asking. I didn't even know he had a price. 399.99!!! damn. I spent 20 bucks and wrapped mine in fake cf wrap, and i think it looks just fine. it's not real, but idc. good luck impulse. may wanna consider lowering! u dogged my price for a vinyl cf bowtie, and i was gonna charge 30 bucks shipped. 399.99 is overkill buddy. goodluck though.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
listening
Old 02-10-2008, 08:29 PM

for the effort involved i think its worth it...a hood is being built in a factory, when a factory wants to start spitting these out then thats different
Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
for the effort involved i think its worth it...a hood is being built in a factory, when a factory wants to start spitting these out then thats different
no doubt. it takes alot of effort to do it. but for something small like the trim, 399.99. damn. cf isn't cheap, and neither is labor but i don't think that 400 bucks is cost efficient.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM

I agree with most , very high.no matter how good the work.

http://www.fibreglast.com/showproduc...fiber+material 60$ for 3'x50" enough to do a few sets
http://www.fibreglast.com/category.p...rc=HelpfulProd 100$ for enough to do a few sets

so your charging 240$ labor?

Last edited by powerz; 02-10-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM

Looks really good man, nice job!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by powerz
I agree with most , very high.no matter how good the work.

http://www.fibreglast.com/showproduc...fiber+material 60$ for 3'x50" enough to do a few sets
http://www.fibreglast.com/category.p...rc=HelpfulProd 100$ for enough to do a few sets

so your charging 240$ labor?
plus epoxy and clear
Old 02-10-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
plus epoxy and clear
epoxy was included. 160 = the cf pack + the resin epoxy.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

ok first off, this might offend people but most of you do not know what is involved in doing these. first off let me start by asking you this....how many people do this right now???? gravana tuning used to do it and they charged $599 for it. yeah carbon fiber is still expensive compared to other materials etc and yes the cost of cf doesn't make the largest part of what I'm asking. these pieces take alot of time and patience to do. im not mass producing these from molds with vacuum bagging/infusion etc. these are hand laid. these are one off pieces that no one has other than a select few. like others that have seen my work....it's professional quality and looks dam sick. this isn't a thread for people to voice there opinion on how they think i should lower the price etc. this is a for sale listing for a unique product that no one else currently offers. i already have multiple other people wanting other sets done a few without the buttons on the sides of the steering column etc. and others wanting colored cf. i don't need people telling me they can buy a cf hood...if u want a cf hood go buy one....where else are you going to get this lol.....thanks to ted who i know truly understands the work that goes into these things...even the small which can get quite difficult. hours upon hours go into the pieces bc of the detail sanding etc. i will say no more. the person who wants this first set will be one who stands alone ( besides me having my set lol) and will be different from the rest.

please refrain from posting anything other than i'll take it .....thank you.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
ok first off, this might offend people but most of you do not know what is involved in doing these. first off let me start by asking you this....how many people do this right now???? gravana tuning used to do it and they charged $599 for it. yeah carbon fiber is still expensive compared to other materials etc and yes the cost of cf doesn't make the largest part of what I'm asking. these pieces take alot of time and patience to do. im not mass producing these from molds with vacuum bagging/infusion etc. these are hand laid. these are one off pieces that no one has other than a select few. like others that have seen my work....it's professional quality and looks dam sick. this isn't a thread for people to voice there opinion on how they think i should lower the price etc. this is a for sale listing for a unique product that no one else currently offers. i already have multiple other people wanting other sets done a few without the buttons on the sides of the steering column etc. and others wanting colored cf. i don't need people telling me they can buy a cf hood...if u want a cf hood go buy one....where else are you going to get this lol.....thanks to ted who i know truly understands the work that goes into these things...even the small which can get quite difficult. hours upon hours go into the pieces bc of the detail sanding etc. i will say no more. the person who wants this first set will be one who stands alone ( besides me having my set lol) and will be different from the rest.

please refrain from posting anything other than i'll take it .....thank you.

lol, now u know how i felt when u busted my thread.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent work Impulse, I am working on my own and can attest to the number of hours it takes to make a good piece!! 399.00 is worth it, period. Unless you want that sticky tack on carbon dash overlay, which looks bad IMO.
GOOD WORK!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 PM

is there a how-to on doing this?? Buying the carbon fiber wrapping it putting some epoxy on it and its good to go??
Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
lol, now u know how i felt when u busted my thread.
seroiusly your very wrong lol.....if you would have realized the only reason i said something in ur thread was because you were making it out to be like it it was real cf and that's the only reason....none of this price bs etc. - it's funny i look at a thread when gravana first came out with there thread for these pieces and there's the same thing that happened here happened then....there are those educated on the work etc and the price that comes along with it who understand and then there are the people who whine about price because either they cannot afford it or they think they can just go buy cf and glue it on and spray something over it etc. this kind of stuff is not for everyone and might not be in some people's price range....if not just skip over it and go on lol....if you want something unique and done right you know where to come.

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
is there a how-to on doing this?? Buying the carbon fiber wrapping it putting some epoxy on it and its good to go??
omg i dont even want to go there.....there's a spot for u written in the post above lol

Last edited by impulseballer; 02-10-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 09:38 PM

Theres a little bit more to it than that

I think theres a how-to on the sub box he did, it takes a lot of hard work and patience to make a project like this look professional.

Bump for you.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:38 PM

oh see maybe if you werent such a damn hypocrit acting like people really give a **** about your work even though i wanted you to make me a damn set.... So you know what go **** your work i wont buy just for the reason you assuming ****

Quick Reply: ***carbon fiber dash trim by impulse!!