Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

***carbon fiber dash trim by impulse!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol. i wasn't trying to make it out like it was real. good luck. ur gonna need it. n i know how much time n effort goes into it. i use fiberglass all the time, and it's kinda the same routine. good luck.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
oh see maybe if you werent such a damn hypocrit acting like people really give a **** about your work even though i wanted you to make me a damn set.... So you know what go **** your work i wont buy just for the reason you assuming ****
listen bro first off there are plenty of people who know about my work and do give a **** about it....if not all my threads would be vacant....and i dont act like im the **** or better than anyone else...i just dont like being attacked by people who think they know about something etc.....and i wasn't making a direct attack at you bro it's just funny you post that like it's 1-2-3 and i just wrote that above before you posted.....and just because I'm curious how am I a hypocrit lol? if you don't want a set bc of somethign like that i could really give a ****....im sorry you took it the wrong way.

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
lol. i wasn't trying to make it out like it was real. good luck. ur gonna need it. n i know how much time n effort goes into it. i use fiberglass all the time, and it's kinda the same routine. good luck.
dude...there were tons of people who thought you were talking about real cf.....ok maybe i was wrong to say you were making it out to be.....i should rather say it was strongly coming off as if it were and you weren't trying to deliberately do that. that's fair i think?

Last edited by impulseballer; 02-10-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have to be a supporting vendor to sell like this. /thread
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 PM

okay, people thought it was real but i never said it was. I wasn't trying to say it was real. if someone said "Hey is this real?" i wud have said no. anyone who knows about cf should have known that 30 dollars shipped obviously n deff wasn't real. lol.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
sell like what lol this is one set....not a service lol u see me selling multiple sets in this thread...nope

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
okay, people thought it was real but i never said it was. I wasn't trying to say it was real. if someone said "Hey is this real?" i wud have said no. anyone who knows about cf should have known that 30 dollars shipped obviously n deff wasn't real. lol.
as i already stated ...i should rather say it was strongly coming off as if it were and you weren't trying to deliberately do that. that's fair i think?

Last edited by impulseballer; 02-10-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
how so hes selling the ones he made but you have to supply the stock ones
Old 02-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
how so hes selling the ones he made but you have to supply the stock ones
exactly...i need a set to replace mine.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
ok first off, this might offend people but most of you do not know what is involved in doing these. first off let me start by asking you this....how many people do this right now???? gravana tuning used to do it and they charged $599 for it. yeah carbon fiber is still expensive compared to other materials etc and yes the cost of cf doesn't make the largest part of what I'm asking. these pieces take alot of time and patience to do. im not mass producing these from molds with vacuum bagging/infusion etc. these are hand laid. these are one off pieces that no one has other than a select few. like others that have seen my work....it's professional quality and looks dam sick. this isn't a thread for people to voice there opinion on how they think i should lower the price etc. this is a for sale listing for a unique product that no one else currently offers. i already have multiple other people wanting other sets done a few without the buttons on the sides of the steering column etc. and others wanting colored cf. i don't need people telling me they can buy a cf hood...if u want a cf hood go buy one....where else are you going to get this lol.....thanks to ted who i know truly understands the work that goes into these things...even the small which can get quite difficult. hours upon hours go into the pieces bc of the detail sanding etc. i will say no more. the person who wants this first set will be one who stands alone ( besides me having my set lol) and will be different from the rest.

please refrain from posting anything other than i'll take it .....thank you.
i think they look great but alittle snippy are we
Old 02-10-2008, 09:56 PM

I did not make myself clear the first time so
I do know what it takes .We do it in our shop(not me)alot of time does go into it.
Your comment does sound a little like "Well I am the only one doing it so its ok for me to over charge"When your not for what your doing its just high.
how many hrs do you figure you have in each set?I would guess about 15-18 so split it and say 16.5 at say a fair price of 15 per hr thats 247$ labor and then the 160 material(I left alot of the other post but did add money for sandpaper clear and all the other things you do need)
The price is fare .But I still say its high for what it is not for the work done.If most tried this their self , 75% would ruin it 10 % would be lucky and have a 1/2 way decent piece 15% just have talent for this type of work
Old 02-10-2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by powerz
I do know what it takes .We do it in our shop(not me)alot of time does go into it.
Your comment does sound a little like "Well I am the only one doing it so its ok for me to over charge"When your not for what your doing its just high.
how many hrs do you figure you have in each set?I would guess about 15-18 so split it and say 16.5 at say a fair price of 15 per hr thats 247$ labor and then the 160 material(I left alot of the other post but did add money for sandpaper clear and all the other things you do need)
The price is fare .But I still say its high for what it is not for the work done.If most tried this their self , 75% would ruin it 10 % would be lucky and have a 1/2 way decent piece 15% just have talent for this type of work
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by SlowBalt_06
i think they look great but alittle snippy are we
This thread will not get closed. He is not trying to sell multiple sets nor start a business without site permission. This is a one time sale.

Your basically saying if I go paint my dash peices and try to sell them the thread will get closed because its not a normal forsale part for the cobalt.

he is selling a really great product. I have experience with carbon fiber but doing it with vaccuum molds and reverse fiberglass molds. thats not easy to do and the way he did it takes much more time and effort.

You people need to back off.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by powerz
yes u alot of what you have down is very much true especially the last part. but im not saying im the only one doing this sooo that's why im charging a high price...it's more like im the only one so there aren't competitors pricing going back and forth for one co to lower it etc and have mass producing it getting a better price. i am one young man doing one off pieces for people who are interested in them. if you think the price is way to high what do you have to worry its not affecting you. im sorry if i offended anyone but i should have expected this from some on the internet. there's always those with opinions, knowledge and just **** talkers. i appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to someone owning this set from here.

Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
This thread will not get closed. He is not trying to sell multiple sets nor start a business without site permission. This is a one time sale.

Your basically saying if I go paint my dash peices and try to sell them the thread will get closed because its not a normal forsale part for the cobalt.

he is selling a really great product. I have experience with carbon fiber but doing it with vaccuum molds and reverse fiberglass molds. thats not easy to do and the way he did it takes much more time and effort.

You people need to back off.
thank you for the support man.

Last edited by impulseballer; 02-10-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 10:06 PM

yeah FYI i want an injector cover, spark plug cover, and fuse box cover done for my redline, but that wont be for a bit
Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned

yeah FYI i want an injector cover, spark plug cover, and fuse box cover done for my redline, but that wont be for a bit
haha u know i got u.....also i changed the price to $399 shipped bc that sounds like a little better a deal and hopefully that will balance some things out.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM

i f no one picks them up within the week. Ill probably take them just waiting on my bill for the last round of parts I bought. Ill keep an eye on the thread
Old 02-10-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
haha u know i got u.....also i changed the price to $399 shipped bc that sounds like a little better a deal and hopefully that will balance some things out.
yeah saves me from ruining my pieces and a bunch of CF
Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
i f no one picks them up within the week. Ill probably take them just waiting on my bill for the last round of parts I bought. Ill keep an eye on the thread
sounds good buddy.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM

any word yet on cf bowtie
Old 02-10-2008, 10:30 PM

impluse when are we gonna see a completely CF balt from you?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

impluse when are we gonna see a completely CF balt from you?
hahahah.....next week send me yours as a core exchange.

Originally Posted by jccobalt07
any word yet on cf bowtie
pm sent

Last edited by impulseballer; 02-10-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 PM

good stuff bro. its been awhile since i saw u last man...dont listen to ne of these guys...just stubborn that u can do good work..gotta rep LI cobalts...now a admin may close this thread b4 it gets out of hand
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by iLLmaTic3s
good stuff bro. its been awhile since i saw u last man...dont listen to ne of these guys...just stubborn that u can do good work..gotta rep LI cobalts...now a admin may close this thread b4 it gets out of hand
nah i think the dust has settled lol
Old 02-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
doesnt pontiac have a CF trim kit for the g5??? my bud at the dealer sais they did
Old 02-11-2008, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
the pontiac version looks like crap tho from the factory. kinda like the wrxs factory option did.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jn2
doesnt pontiac have a CF trim kit for the g5??? my bud at the dealer sais they did
yeah it's painted on garbage

Quick Reply: ***carbon fiber dash trim by impulse!!