Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

F\S Diamond Racing Pistons 10.0:1

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:04 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by BooSSted
Man, I must say....You are definitely falling victim to one of the biggest JBP dog ***** of all time........

Personally, I would get my car out of there ASAP if I were you. A friend of mine spent 10g on a turbo motor from JBP for his Cav and I walked away from him when we raced.....His car MIGHT be making 220hp at most. Not to mention this motor build took about 6 months and Mev lied to him over the phone as to the progress of the build. My friend paid a surprise visit to the shop only to find a bare block with his name on it, after he had been told that the motor was almost done!

I don't want you to take offence to this, it's just a warning...
I have heard it all before. Would your buddies j-body forum name be judgez24?
If you look up at p7x's post you will see that he (and others) felt all along that the pistons needed to be lower. The calculations for compression vs boost were just done recently. The Diamond pistons were bought (by myself) prior to JBP getting involved in this project. As for the length of time for this project, I was told by "Matty" that the time to do a first of it's kind build would take much longer than first stated. Matty would know as he went through it with his 800hp "propane S\C mustang.
The work JBP is doing for me is mainly the cost of parts. The labour is Mev's price to showcase his shop with my finished car and his "new" LSJ performance parts. When this is all said and done one of two things will happen. My car will either be all that it is supposed to be and JBP will get all the credit or my car will fail miserably and JBP will get all the blame. Mev is very aware that there are many people (at least three forums) watching this project. Many are hoping I end up with a killer Cobalt. Others are hoping JBP fails, big time, just so they can say "I told you JBP was no good and too damn expensive" All eyes are watching this because there is no other twin turbo Cobalt around. The moment of truth is coming soon in the new year.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn that would be insane..... wish i could see the balt runnin tho. sounds like its going to be a monster.

any build picts?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Pistons have been bought and paid for.

Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
damn that would be insane..... wish i could see the balt runnin tho. sounds like its going to be a monster.

any build picts?
JBP is actually preparing to put up some video clips of the build on their website, sometime in the new year.
I will have pics as well and there are at least two magazines that are going to feature the car when it's done.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**** I just read this thread. tooo late. oh well. maybe I should buy your 8:1 pistons since according to my calculations you need 7.5:1 due to the twin turbo setup. the first will come on very soon with great velocity and the second will take it over the top. 7.5:1 will work best in a 2.0L with over 25lbs boost. the 8:1 is good for 21 to 25lbs boost.

Oh well..... could have asked me. How much for those 8:1 pistons then.

REALLLLY pulling your leg....LOL
Old 12-16-2006, 12:46 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by ssnipes
**** I just read this thread. tooo late. oh well. maybe I should buy your 8:1 pistons since according to my calculations you need 7.5:1 due to the twin turbo setup. the first will come on very soon with great velocity and the second will take it over the top. 7.5:1 will work best in a 2.0L with over 25lbs boost. the 8:1 is good for 21 to 25lbs boost.

Oh well..... could have asked me. How much for those 8:1 pistons then.

REALLLLY pulling your leg....LOL
Thanks Wes and Merry Christmas to you too.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by e to the x
Just do it yourself. All you need to do is drop the oil pan to switch them out.
you also have to pull the head off to get the pistons out of the engine and then swap the rods over and reinstall them. Then wet up the cam timing.Huge job and a bit technical.Good luck though.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 PM

damn thats temping...too bad I'm already over my budget as far as stuff I want to do this year (yes, already). Maybe if I work and extra 2 shifts a week for a few months...
Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 PM

i think he said the there sold damn too bad i didnt see this a month ago, i woulda hopped on it like back in october