Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

Wanted Hurst sts

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurst sts

i want yours. lmk. also does anyone know if you can change the handles on them?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:56 AM

I have looked everywhere and cannot find an alternate knob for the hurst. The reverse lockout makes it really tough.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've got one i don't want. $80 including shipping. only catch is the set screw is locked in and stripped, so you need to take the reverse lockout off to install the shifter. you do that by tapping out a small pin, then just reinstalling said pin once everything's in.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JimHarr18
i've got one i don't want. $80 including shipping. only catch is the set screw is locked in and stripped, so you need to take the reverse lockout off to install the shifter. you do that by tapping out a small pin, then just reinstalling said pin once everything's in.
That's not a bad deal. I disabled the reverse lockout when I installed my hurst anyways because...well...reverse lock-out is retarded. Anytime someone needed to move my car I would expect them to come back to me minutes later and then I would have to explain to them how to get the car in reverse. I love my Hurst. If you go new...AllEcotec has them for $155
Old 07-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
That's not a bad deal. I disabled the reverse lockout when I installed my hurst anyways because...well...reverse lock-out is retarded. Anytime someone needed to move my car I would expect them to come back to me minutes later and then I would have to explain to them how to get the car in reverse. I love my Hurst. If you go new...AllEcotec has them for $155
if i were to buy the one thats got the scre stripped, how would i go about disabling the reverse lockout as you stated?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 PM

there's a pin, all you do is grab 2 screw drivers (or 1 screw driver and a small hammer), and just tap the pin out. you'll be able to remove the reverse lockout by pulling it up, rather than down like hurst set it up. the reason you can't remove it down on my shifter is because my set screw striped when i installed it. the set screw is in the pivot ball which, if the screw didn't strip, is what you'd be removing rather than the lockout. i can try and get some pictures for ya if you're interested. the pin is really easy. tap it out, then when ready tap it back in.

the shift knob has slightly wear on it with the graphics, and i think there's a scuff mark on the side facing the radio. only way to see it is if you literally put your head against the radio and look down at it. other than that, it's in perfect condition, and it works perfectly.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 PM

why do u want the hurst sts? why not get the twm. i hear its moar better.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
why do u want the hurst sts? why not get the twm. i hear its moar better.
x2 twm is the best
Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 PM

twm ftw!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by JimHarr18
there's a pin, all you do is grab 2 screw drivers (or 1 screw driver and a small hammer), and just tap the pin out. you'll be able to remove the reverse lockout by pulling it up, rather than down like hurst set it up. the reason you can't remove it down on my shifter is because my set screw striped when i installed it. the set screw is in the pivot ball which, if the screw didn't strip, is what you'd be removing rather than the lockout. i can try and get some pictures for ya if you're interested. the pin is really easy. tap it out, then when ready tap it back in.

the shift knob has slightly wear on it with the graphics, and i think there's a scuff mark on the side facing the radio. only way to see it is if you literally put your head against the radio and look down at it. other than that, it's in perfect condition, and it works perfectly.
yeah send me some pics im interested.
and for all you other guys, i want a short throw, i like twm, but you cant find one used, and i dont have 200 to blow on a new one.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
I've got a B&M for $100. Hurst=B&M. Same company.

It has no problems.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
I've got a B&M for $100. Hurst=B&M. Same company.

It has no problems.

can you put new knobs on a b&m? call me stupid and idk why, but i want a t-handle really bad...
Old 07-25-2010, 04:42 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by corey_osu10
can you put new knobs on a b&m? call me stupid and idk why, but i want a t-handle really bad...
Its a threaded shaft... so I don't see why not. I just don't know the size & pitch of the threads. Easy to find out before you install it though.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by corey_osu10
yeah send me some pics im interested.
and for all you other guys, i want a short throw, i like twm, but you cant find one used, and i dont have 200 to blow on a new one.
i'll get you a couple pics probably tuesday, which is my next day off.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:42 AM

bump. waitin on pics from jimharr18
Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 AM

sorry for the delay, here's some (apparently HUGE) pics for ya.

this is the pin i'm talking about. by tapping this out, you'll be able to remove the lockup by going up the shaft. when you're ready to reinstall it, just line up the slot with the hole for the pin and reinsert the pin.

this is the whole shifter. the ball is supposed to come off so you can slide the shifter into a little cup that's part of the assembly in the car (i posted a link to a better set of directions that i used below. the hurst directions sucked). there's a screw that you inset into the ball to push up against the side of the shaft. when i tightened it, it striped cause the screw is really cheap. by removing the lockout in the manner that i suggested (up), you don't have to remove the ball.

these next to are the knob. this first pic shows a little splotch on the top next to gate 3, this actually came with the shifter and is not from wear and tear. in all honesty it didn't bother me, but i still would like to point it out. it's not a metal scratch or anything, i think it's just a misprint if i remember correctly.

this is hard to see, but below the big light spot and to the right, you'll see a whiteish mark. this is the scratch i was talking about. honestly don't know where it came from, as i don't recall if it came with the shifter or not. when installed, this will face the radio, and you'll never see it unless you turn or remove the knob.

here's one more shot of the knob.

these are the directions i used for installing the hurst. the hurst directions sucked. the absolute hardest part of installing this shifter... is getting your stock knob off first. after that, it's REALLY easy and will take 10 minutes. after that, it's just finding your gears. the hurst is a little tricky getting 5th to be smooth. with trial and error, it may take about 10-15 minutes for the gears portion.