Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

FOR SALE: Methanol Inj. Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOR SALE: Methanol Inj. Kit

Hey guys, im pondering on selling my methanol injection kit that i got through alcoholinjectionsystems.com...its an awesome kit, however once i installed my 60s and zzp pcm my car doesn't seem to like it. i'd love to keep it, however im fed up with trying to adjust it so much to get my air fuel ratio good and i dont have access to custom tuning so im probably going to be uninstalling it shortly. but for someone that could tune for it then it'd work incredibly well. it is the stage 1 standard kit, had it on for around 2-3 months i believe. i just tapped into my windshield resevior to use it. you can see pictures of it installed on my car here: http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html

Like i said, im still debating on selling it, just depends on what kind of offers i get. So with that being said....im taking offers. NO LOW BALLING CRAP EITHER. post up any questions that you may have. thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 PM

Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Bannned

how much for the nozzle??. will trade your 3 for my 6
Old 06-29-2008, 08:33 PM

i'll take the pump and other lines i'm usin the windshield res too
Old 06-29-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
how much for the nozzle??. will trade your 3 for my 6
no..

Originally Posted by SlowBalt_06
i'll take the pump and other lines i'm usin the windshield res too
no..

Originally Posted by SlowBalt_06
nope.

Last edited by kwest; 06-29-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-29-2008, 10:11 PM

well where are you having trouble with it? pm me your q's and maybe you have something hooked up wrong or something. would really hate to see a fellow meth addict leave cold turkey
Old 06-30-2008, 10:37 AM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

I can't believe your going to sell the system and remove such a valuable part from your engines performance and safety. Give me a call directly at 1.801.447.2559 Ext 204 so we can find out more about whats going on. If A/F is an issue and you have limited tuning capabilities there are still ways in which you can run this system. If you were running a 50/50 mix lets change up the mix and reduce this to 20% methanol or pure distilled water.

I just don't understand after doing all the work to remove it. Especially with what it has to offer.

Rodney
Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 AM

yea i said the same thing to him rodney....told him maybe the mixture was off or something...the zzp pcm does run a little rich but with the way he described the car to be running like crap it sounds like his mixture is off or he's spraying it to soon a tad much..remember Kwest..start sprayin the stage 1 at about 70psi you max boost..since you just upgraded to your 60's you should have a different max boost...find out your new max boost psi an start spraying at 70% of that
Old 06-30-2008, 01:33 PM

well the thing is is that im trying to adjust it and it doesn't seem to be working. i know i have everything hooked up correctly for all the trouble i went through on that. but im trying to turn it clockwise to make it spray at a later boost, and the car is still bogging down and hesitating when switching gears.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:35 PM

hmm...call rodney i guess...if its a faulty controller or pump i'm sure they will take care of that for you
Old 06-30-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by LamboW9
hmm...call rodney i guess...if its a faulty controller or pump i'm sure they will take care of that for you
if i bought the progessive switch controller, you think itd make a difference?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:40 PM

no because that would be harder to tune for and you have noone to tune you for it...the stage 1 i think is fine...you just are having problems adjusting the stage 1...rodney can help you figure out why
Old 06-30-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How can someone "low ball" when you don't even name a price? lol
Old 06-30-2008, 01:47 PM

no because that would be harder to tune for and you have noone to tune you for it...the stage 1 i think is fine...you just are having problems adjusting the stage 1...rodney can help you figure out why
well if i have the controller, id be able to set exactly when the meth would spray, right? so itd be alot better then "guessing" where its spraying right?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by kwest
well if i have the controller, id be able to set exactly when the meth would spray, right? so itd be alot better then "guessing" where its spraying right?
Shouldn't have to guess anyways but yes and you should also be able to make it spray how much at any given boost. Like I have mine to come on a 5psi and turn on 100% at 8 psi.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
I can't believe your going to sell the system and remove such a valuable part from your engines performance and safety. Give me a call directly at 1.801.447.2559 Ext 204 so we can find out more about whats going on. If A/F is an issue and you have limited tuning capabilities there are still ways in which you can run this system. If you were running a 50/50 mix lets change up the mix and reduce this to 20% methanol or pure distilled water.

I just don't understand after doing all the work to remove it. Especially with what it has to offer.

Rodney
Rodney i just tried to call but didnt get an answer. ill pm you my number and just give me a ring asap for i have to go into work in a bit. thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 02:02 PM

yea there shouldnt be any guessing...i don't have a meth kit yet but you should be able to exactly set at what psi the kit starts spraying..i'm guessing your just to low but as invisible said you can tune it to spray less hard with a stage 2 controller....meth with your mods is great...definitely don't sell it
Old 06-30-2008, 02:05 PM

yea there shouldnt be any guessing...i don't have a meth kit yet but you should be able to exactly set at what psi the kit starts spraying..i'm guessing your just to low but as invisible said you can tune it to spray less hard with a stage 2 controller....meth with your mods is great...definitely don't sell it
yea, i dont want to sell it really. i would just rather have my car runner smoother with no bog. but ima talk to rodney and go through all my options first. but you cant really tell exactly when the meth is spraying because i have the standard stage 1 kit. you just turn a *** which is the boost activated switch with a hex key and it adjust it, but you never know exactly at what psi you are spraying at. thats why i was considering the controller....cause id be able to turn the knob at like 15psi and id no i wouldnt be spraying until 15psi.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM

yea, i dont want to sell it really. i would just rather have my car runner smoother with no bog. but ima talk to rodney and go through all my options first. but you cant really tell exactly when the meth is spraying because i have the standard stage 1 kit. you just turn a *** which is the boost activated switch with a hex key and it adjust it, but you never know exactly at what psi you are spraying at. thats why i was considering the controller....cause id be able to turn the knob at like 15psi and id no i wouldnt be spraying until 15psi.
Well then set it to spray at higher boost.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 PM

yea...i think the factory setting is like 10 psi....so you'd have to go up....i'm not sure which way that is tho and they could also tell you about how much psi you go up with every turn and in which direction since they made it...rodney will have you all set i'm sure..their customer service is Top Notch
Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by invisible
Well then set it to spray at higher boost.
dude what you think ive been trying???
Old 06-30-2008, 02:22 PM

lol...rodney will take care of you...AIS always takes care of their customers
Old 06-30-2008, 03:10 PM

lol...rodney will take care of you...AIS always takes care of their customers
oh i know. he was waaay helpful in helping me understand how all this stuff works and everything
Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

oh i know. he was waaay helpful in helping me understand how all this stuff works and everything
Boost switch was just stripped out and Kelby had no way of adjusting the activation point. A new switch has been sent out and should have him back in business. Let us know how it goes Kelby. Hope you can get that guy to tune your car tomorrow. Good luck.

Rodney
Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
Boost switch was just stripped out and Kelby had no way of adjusting the activation point. A new switch has been sent out and should have him back in business. Let us know how it goes Kelby. Hope you can get that guy to tune your car tomorrow. Good luck.

Rodney
yea man, glad we talked. hopefully it arrives tomorrow morning for me to install it before i head out to the car show.

Quick Reply: FOR SALE: Methanol Inj. Kit