Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good to see your not going to sell your kit
Old 07-03-2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by stryder
good to see your not going to sell your kit
yea, im glad i talked it over with rodney. im going to order a throttle body spacer with the methanol tap and a completly new cold air intake (im using the ebay one) and then i hope its all good and perfect.... any suggestions on intakes? id like the rebel or jbp but im not spending almost 400 bucks on a freakin intake...but then again i dont want one that will throw a check engine light
Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 PM

rodney the switch got here this morning. thanks for getting it shipped so quickly for me. im going to go slap it on right now....ill let you know. thanks again
Old 07-03-2008, 02:26 PM

I have a meth kit and have my meth come on at 5psi - 8psi is that ok too run with a 2.7 pulley and 60lbs injectors with custom tune?? Can you run just distilled water only too cool the intake charge?? Also I had problems with my check valve as it open'd without the pump on because of the vaccum in the intake so I put in a 12V solinoid instead hooked up to the pump so when the pump turns on the solinoid opens?? Is this ok the opening on the sol is 1/4 npt??
Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by HOT CARLS SS
I have a meth kit and have my meth come on at 5psi - 8psi is that ok too run with a 2.7 pulley and 60lbs injectors with custom tune?? Can you run just distilled water only too cool the intake charge?? Also I had problems with my check valve as it open'd without the pump on because of the vaccum in the intake so I put in a 12V solinoid instead hooked up to the pump so when the pump turns on the solinoid opens?? Is this ok the opening on the sol is 1/4 npt??
hell no it should be spraying at or around 70 percent of your boost. thats waaay to early. you should be spraying at maaayybe 15-16 psi
Old 07-04-2008, 02:33 AM

yeah i got a suggestion on intakes get the aem, and use the stock piping. the plastic flows air well and doesn't get as hot, plus cools better and faster. yes a larger intake moves more air i know that Im just saying thats all
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 AM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Originally Posted by HOT CARLS SS
Is this is a Stage 1 non-progressive type system? If so, activating it at 5-8 psi is much too soon. We suggest setting the activation point at 70-80% of your peak boost. For example, if your running 17 psi you should be activating the system at 12-14 psi.

As for your check valve opening during idle. What system do you have? Our check valves will not open even if placed in the intake after the throttle body.

Which system do you have?

Rodney
Old 07-10-2008, 01:54 AM

Hey Rodney, I got good news! My throttle body spacer and Injen cold air intake should be here tomorrow or friday. and I have an appointment to get tuned next thursday! so ill finally be able to see exactly whats going on and see what this methanol can do!!! haha thinks again for all the help bro..ill keep you updated.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
AIS

Originally Posted by kwest
Hey Rodney, I got good news! My throttle body spacer and Injen cold air intake should be here tomorrow or friday. and I have an appointment to get tuned next thursday! so ill finally be able to see exactly whats going on and see what this methanol can do!!! haha thinks again for all the help bro..ill keep you updated.
Sounds great. Keep me posted.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:57 PM

yea i'm wondering how it all came out now that you've recieved an tuned everything kwest...is it all milk an cookies good now?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by LamboW9
yea i'm wondering how it all came out now that you've recieved an tuned everything kwest...is it all milk an cookies good now?
i havent been tuned yet. the guy with hptuners couldnt do it (he is unreliable) but im getting tuned on august 5th by hendersonperformance.com i got my injen intake and my throttle body spacer with the meth tap, but i cant get my intake to connect to my throttle body with that rubber peice. so i gotta figure that out. its a pain. any ideas?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:28 PM
AIS

i havent been tuned yet. the guy with hptuners couldnt do it (he is unreliable) but im getting tuned on august 5th by hendersonperformance.com i got my injen intake and my throttle body spacer with the meth tap, but i cant get my intake to connect to my throttle body with that rubber peice. so i gotta figure that out. its a pain. any ideas?
Thats to bad that guy couldn't tune it for you. besides I think you'll get better service going to the shop you mentioned. let me know how it turns out.

Rodney
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM

well i don't know what the problem is ....send me a few pics and i will take a look at them and have a friend look at it too...usually we can find a way to work somethin out to fix almost anything... LamboW9@yahoo.com