Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale Used jbp header

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Used jbp header

SOLD

I am selling this header which has 20,000 miles on it. The price is $100. + shipping. This header has a 3" collector so if it is being used on some what stock setups, you will need to get the parts needed to step down from 3" to 2.5". I do not have that part as my DD runs a 3" all the way back.

Just so this thread doesn't get full of crap posts here are some simple ground rules.

1) I know all about the header and shoddy performance gains. The buyer of this header will likely just be getting this header for the sound.

2) No one needs to tell me about how bad a company jbp is, no one knows this better than me.

3) The price is $100. + shipping and no I won't move on that price. In fact I have no problem taking a sawzall and sledge hammer to this piece of **** but I thought I would let someone get it who wants the sound.

4) No reason to ask about how this flows as my DD is far from stock so this question is mute.

5) Yes I know my picture taking skills suck and the date isn't quite all there but I'm too busy to retake more pics. Long time members know who I am and will vouch for me.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 01-31-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: item sold
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
I'll let it go.... u can some what make out the date.

Pictures arent to bad either.

Good luck with your sale!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen one of these in forever.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
I'll let it go.... u can some what make out the date.

Pictures arent to bad either.

Good luck with your sale!
Thanks, after working on removing every jbp part on my DD taking more pictures wasted precious time. I now need to put the car back together and finish running the meth lines, wire up the progressive controller and take it in for a wheel alignment. Then work on getting it tuned for the smaller TVS pulley/meth combo.

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69
I have actually had a replacement header for over 18 months and never got around to putting it in, so everythime I popped the hood I was reminded of how much I really dislike jbp/mev.

When the transmission went 2 months ago I decided it was time to install all of the extra goodies sittining in my garage.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Thanks, after working on removing every jbp part on my DD taking more pictures wasted precious time. I now need to put the car back together and finish running the meth lines, wire up the progressive controller and take it in for a wheel alignment. Then work on getting it tuned for the smaller TVS pulley/meth combo.

I have actually had a replacement header for over 18 months and never got around to putting it in, so everythime I popped the hood I was reminded of how much I really dislike jbp/mev.

When the transmission went 2 months ago I decided it was time to install all of the extra goodies sittining in my garage.
Nice!!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
forget the header. we haven't seen HIM in forever! hahah.

how's everything comin along?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
forget the header. we haven't seen HIM in forever! hahah.

how's everything comin along?
The good news is that Harvey survived his operation. He still has a 4-6 month recovery to get through. I;m having a meeting with him at the end of the week to dicuss the plan for the project. He actually wants to go twin turbo but I need to see how much he follows through on previous commitments. He still ows me over $10K in parts. I guess the good news is that his fiance is loaded, and no I don't mean drunk.

With all of the work I have been doing on the DD, I'm more fired up to getting back to work on the project.

I will do an update in the project thread after our meeting.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow nice to see you back around here!

these things sound cool as hell for anyone who wants something different!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM

click for news, and whats the gain on this header over any other header? just curious..and what about the sound? ive seen these type of manifolds been use for turbo setups not actual header
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by jonathan923
click for news, and whats the gain on this header over any other header? just curious..and what about the sound? ive seen these type of manifolds been use for turbo setups not actual header
Supposedly it's the worst header you can use on a LSJ, so no gains; more like losses vs stock, but it does sound really nice.
Check out some videos of this header on the choob.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
The good news is that Harvey survived his operation. He still has a 4-6 month recovery to get through. I;m having a meeting with him at the end of the week to dicuss the plan for the project. He actually wants to go twin turbo but I need to see how much he follows through on previous commitments. He still ows me over $10K in parts. I guess the good news is that his fiance is loaded, and no I don't mean drunk.

With all of the work I have been doing on the DD, I'm more fired up to getting back to work on the project.

I will do an update in the project thread after our meeting.
that's really good to hear! i remember sadly, word was there wasn't much optimism before the surgery.

but its too bad "state of mind" has to be present in a contract, or else you COULD get her loaded and sign over a commitment for so much work at X price
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by LS6Rally
wow nice to see you back around here!

these things sound cool as hell for anyone who wants something different!
I pop in every so often as I wait for something worth sharing.

Originally Posted by jonathan923
See #1 in the first post or the first line in the post below. This really is more for the sound as I make no claims of a performance gain. On top of that the install is a real PITA.

Supposedly it's the worst header you can use on a LSJ, so no gains; more like losses vs stock, but it does sound really nice.
Check out some videos of this header on the choob.
A few have tested and the general consensus is jbp header is crap for performance, as is every single part ever made by jbp, all crap.

The fun thing about these is the sound and said header can fit in all Cobalts except the LNF.

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
that's really good to hear! i remember sadly, word was there wasn't much optimism before the surgery.

but its too bad "state of mind" has to be present in a contract, or else you COULD get her loaded and sign over a commitment for so much work at X price
It wasn't looking good for Harvey and the doctor told him that just 2 days later and he would have had a huge blood clot enter his heart resulting in death. Harvey's fiance is a really nice woman who he met on a jewish dating website and it turned out they dated in their mid teens until her family moved to the US. Now she is up here for as long as it takes for Harvey to get better.

As for her state of mind, I truly believe that if Harvey needs some $$ help she will invest in his company so it could be a good thing.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Someone buy this ! and support this man. One of the best on this site! Good to see you around bud!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Someone buy this ! and support this man. One of the best on this site! Good to see you around bud!
Thanks and I will come around regularly. I may even do a build thread for the DD seeing as I'm getting around to completing it but that pales in comparison to the RWD project.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Sell me that TVS and put it towards drag car
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Sell me that TVS and put it towards drag car
Thats what I like to hear!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

There are a couple of problems with that:

1) I don't have the M62 anymore.

2) I bought this through jbp, hidden in the project cost so wifey wouldn't kill me, so you can imagine how bad mev raped me on the cost.

3) With the completely built motor in the DD a M62 just wouldn't be enough and I don't have the cash flow to go turbo.

Now if I could find some crazy person who wanted to buy the spare billet crankshaft, good for 1500HP, then maybe this would all be doable. Sadly there is only one idiot dumb enough to buy a crankshaft like this one. In fact he is such a big idiot, he bought 2 of them.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM

You buy this https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/part...artout-292152/

EVERYBODY happy!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 574
Thats what I like to hear!
I just finished reading the first page of your build thread and I have one caution for you. You say that you will hold of on pistons/sleeves until the let go. Say they let go at 6500 rpms on the drag strip. Now imagine what damage flying metal is going to do inside your block. You may bet lucky but then you might have my luck and need a new block as well as other parts.

Again, just a caution. I like what you are doing and I will keep reading your build thread.

Rod
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 574
The kits looks good but justifying the cost is really hard when the project needs the $$$ more. Perhaps I can sell my spare billet crankshaft on ebay, oh wait, there's a part not on your build list, a lightened, knife edged, billet, stock replacement racing crank for your car
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Ill give you my m62 plus cash. I have a spare lieing around

too slow though I understand
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM

Wish this was up for sale before i bought my badmab header! Just bought it a few weeks ago

Good luck with the sale though! These sound amazing
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Ill give you my m62 plus cash. I have a spare lieing around

too slow though I understand
The slow thing is the big reason because I need some 'fast' to get me through the waiting for the project to be done. If I find a buyer for my spare billet crank then I could do this but I'm not sure about the demand for a 1500 hp lsj crank.

Originally Posted by b00sted06ss
Wish this was up for sale before i bought my badmab header! Just bought it a few weeks ago

Good luck with the sale though! These sound amazing
The badmab is what I just put in. How do you like yours?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 AM

I like mine alot, I put that in along with a zzp catless downpipe and i can definitely tell I gained a little bit more power.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by b00sted06ss
I like mine alot, I put that in along with a zzp catless downpipe and i can definitely tell I gained a little bit more power.
Cool, I should finish the work on my DD tomorrow and I look forward to hearing the new sound. I'll have to take it a bit easy for a while as I just put in a used transmission with a aftermarket Quaife and the builder said to give the transmission some time before going pedal to metal.

My 3" exhaust, ported headed and the jbp header was crazy loud. Hopefully a tad quieter when I fire it back up.

Quick Reply: For Sale Used jbp header