Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

WANTED slicks or drag radials

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED slicks or drag radials

for a redline. if u got wheels to shot me a pm with a price and well go from there. thanks all for looking. wheels must be a 16x8 same bolt pattern as an ss sc. and tires no bigger than 29x9.5x16. a friend with a balt says he love his (QTP's) and they fit. will that bif of a tire fit on the redline? i have a friend with 26.5x10x16 and he needs a spacer. so what will fit?? any help and REASONABLE offer appreciated. can be used but not more than 3 passes and must have either an lsd or a locker so they have worn even.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
for a redline. if u got wheels to shot me a pm with a price and well go from there. thanks all for looking. wheels must be a 16x8 same bolt pattern as an ss sc. and tires no bigger than 29x9.5x16. a friend with a balt says he love his (QTP's) and they fit. will that bif of a tire fit on the redline? i have a friend with 26.5x10x16 and he needs a spacer. so what will fit?? any help and REASONABLE offer appreciated. can be used but not more than 3 passes and must have either an lsd or a locker so they have worn even.
Put a 15" wheel on there and then contact John @ MandHtires.com....

For reference... https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/m-h-racemaster-tires-114/new-tires-oh-yeah-22293/
Old 11-30-2006, 05:04 PM

i cant. to small of a wheel. wont clear the brakke rotor. i might even have trouble with a 16. depending on offset.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

i cant. to small of a wheel. wont clear the brakke rotor. i might even have trouble with a 16. depending on offset.
Did you read the link?????

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...35&postcount=1

15s will fit, just takes a lil work that won't cause any harm.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:02 PM

no offense but 15 will never fit on a redline. a friend of mine had to sand down his caliper to fit a different offset 16. so please explain how 15 would make any sense? if u cant be helpfull be quiet. no offense
Old 11-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Banned

no offense but 15 will never fit on a redline. a friend of mine had to sand down his caliper to fit a different offset 16. so please explain how 15 would make any sense? if u cant be helpfull be quiet. no offense
No offense, but I was helping. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...87&postcount=7

If you have NO idea what you are talking about, how can you tell somebody they are wrong???
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM

how is telling me a 15 inch rim will fit when it WONT clear the brake caliper and rotor??? if my buddies are having issue with the wrong offset and having to sand the caliper on a 16 BECUASE OF NO CLEARENCE how the heck will a 15 fit? IT WONT. and i know nothing? ive been working on cars for over a decade and im only 21. and i also have a diploma from UTI. so please explain to a technician how this is going to work? in fact show me a IRL with a set of 15's on it? like i said be helpfull or be quiet. im going with a set of 16 inch saab rims.please stop assuming u know everything god+1. u definitly dont know jack about me or wheel clearences.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM

in response to that retarted thread. he an idiot. byebye warrenty when they find a grinded caliper. and also that will lead to less breaking power. less metal in the caliper = higher temps. have fun melting pads..
Old 11-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Banned

how is telling me a 15 inch rim will fit when it WONT clear the brake caliper and rotor??? if my buddies are having issue with the wrong offset and having to sand the caliper on a 16 BECUASE OF NO CLEARENCE how the heck will a 15 fit? IT WONT. and i know nothing? ive been working on cars for over a decade and im only 21. and i also have a diploma from UTI. so please explain to a technician how this is going to work? in fact show me a IRL with a set of 15's on it? like i said be helpfull or be quiet. im going with a set of 16 inch saab rims.please stop assuming u know everything god+1. u definitly dont know jack about me or wheel clearences.
Try grinding the caliper, not sanding.

REDLINES and SSs have the SAME brakes as far as I know. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... if 15s fit on an SS, guess what they will fit on a Redline.

Once again Mr. UTI graduate, if YOU don't know what YOU are talking about then how can you tell somebody they are wrong????

Mind-boggling.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

in response to that retarted thread. he an idiot. byebye warrenty when they find a grinded caliper. and also that will lead to less breaking power. less metal in the caliper = higher temps. have fun melting pads..

Do your brakes have a warrAnty???

And you asked about slicks, so I assume you are drag racing... how are you going to melt pads from drag racing, you get a half mile to slow down.

Well I am done trying to help, you can't help those that don't need it.

You are truly retarTed.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM

grinding the caliper will make it hot when ever he drives his car RETARD. not jus during a drag race. unless he MAGICIALLY DOSENT USE HIS BRAKES IN NORMAL DRIVING and they dont heat up isnt the point. he took metal off of the mouting bracket. and im retarted. please stop posting on my thread.and if i was having issue's with breaks bieing defective they will warrenty that. but not if the find i have grinded my calpier mounts. please stop your incessant know it all rants its not needed. people have had mixed results with getting warped rotor's fixed under warrenty.. u obiviously dont know jack about brakes. please jus be help full or dont post. i dont need a know it all who cant tell his head from his ass telling me whats up.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 PM

Explain to me what warranty I haven't already voided??? And if you are looking for drag tires then you are racing your car which voids your warranty. And thanks for calling me a retard. My calipers get no hotter than they ever did before. I have been driving for well over 4 months with the calipers like this without any problems. I was the one who stepped up and tried something different and have been very pleased with it. I would much rather do this and work with a supporting vendor than some non supporting company. There are SO many more DR and slick selections in a 15" tire and that's why I did it. They will fit. A lot of folks on these boards have seen the tires on my car. I have had requests from people to do this for them. RSX guys have been doing it for years. god+1 was telling you it can be done.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:37 AM

i under stand u want to do somthing different. i respect that but u took off alot of metal. and i might go all slick. most likely a ta drag radial so its still street legal.i want a set of tires to tear up. and yes racing does void the warreny only if your stupid enough to break somthing and admit to it. or modify in an obivious way. like grinding the **** out of the caliper mounts. if u really want slicks use mickey drag slick motorcycle rear's. i see mad honda's running that set up on 15 to 18's. i myself am gonna go with 17's cause im getting a good deal on a pair of redline rims. so a mt motorcycle rear slick would hook up and be light. but a drag radial from bfg would be street legal. im trying to get rid of wheel hop so i dont crack my trans. like i said people i know have had trouble with 16's. i dont even want to know how much metal u took off. and it will make your whole brakeing system hotter i can promise u that.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Banned

i under stand u want to do somthing different. i respect that but u took off alot of metal. and i might go all slick. most likely a ta drag radial so its still street legal.i want a set of tires to tear up. and yes racing does void the warreny only if your stupid enough to break somthing and admit to it. or modify in an obivious way. like grinding the **** out of the caliper mounts. if u really want slicks use mickey drag slick motorcycle rear's. i see mad honda's running that set up on 15 to 18's. i myself am gonna go with 17's cause im getting a good deal on a pair of redline rims. so a mt motorcycle rear slick would hook up and be light. but a drag radial from bfg would be street legal. im trying to get rid of wheel hop so i dont crack my trans. like i said people i know have had trouble with 16's. i dont even want to know how much metal u took off. and it will make your whole brakeing system hotter i can promise u that.
Where in Cali are you???

M&H>>>MT

Have fun with no traction UTI diploma guy.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by god+1
Where in Cali are you???

M&H>>>MT

Have fun with no traction UTI diploma guy.
i get enough traction to eat wrx's from a dig. and if u think mickey t is a bad drag tire your retarted. once again if u cant pe heplfull dont post. i didnt ask for every asshat who thinks he is this **** to post on my thread. and to god+1. with full smm and tbars the only thing preventing me from traction is not wanting to destroy my dunlops. you sir are an asshat good day. jus stop posting i dont need help from an idiot. who is suggesting i cut my caliper mouting bracket allmost in half. real smart idea. have fun bieing an asshat over the internet anamously.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:17 PM

I machined my supercharger snout I think that is a bigger deal than a little caliper grinding. Plus I see I am making a lot more power than you. I don't want to run some low profile motorcycle drag radial. That works on a rear wheel drive motorcycle. M&H was big in designing slicks for FWD drag cars so I chose them. To each his own. From the RL forums it sounds like you found the tires you want. I want a tall sidewall, wrinkle wall slick eventually. My best choices are in 15".

Edit: And don't worry I have a set of stock calipers. My drag setup cost 150/wheel. Pretty good you'll find.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 PM

i get enough traction to eat wrx's from a dig. and if u think mickey t is a bad drag tire your retarted. once again if u cant pe heplfull dont post. i didnt ask for every asshat who thinks he is this **** to post on my thread. and to god+1. with full smm and tbars the only thing preventing me from traction is not wanting to destroy my dunlops. you sir are an asshat good day. jus stop posting i dont need help from an idiot. who is suggesting i cut my caliper mouting bracket allmost in half. real smart idea. have fun bieing an asshat over the internet anamously.
lol i love how that thread just turned into such a soap opera, such a useless thread now and this should be
Old 12-01-2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by crossed over
lol i love how that thread just turned into such a soap opera, such a useless thread now and this should be
i hadent realized how much of a femal god+1 is. has to get the last little bitch comment. i asked him not to post unless he was helpfull. your right tho. but im still looking for tires. for a 17x7. mt makes motorcycle drag slicks that will fit. and i think they might make a bfg ta drag radial that fits. not sure though.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:08 PM

eidt found a ta drag radial that works. they make a 225 40 r17 and a 205 40 r17. anyone???
Old 12-01-2006, 05:31 PM

admin's will u delete or lock thread.got my wheels and new tires. thanks for a pointless rant god+1.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

admin's will u delete or lock thread.got my wheels and new tires. thanks for a pointless rant god+1.
No prob, I realized you like to go slow, so I stopped trying to educate and help you. Anytime you want to meet halfway, I will gladly break you off with your beloved DRs or MTs. $100 sound good??? I only have a WRX with pink stickers and a cat back. Let me know.