Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

ion destroys 300zx twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoRemorse
1) I can beat up on a stock STi, don't get me wrong, I like them, but I beat up on them.

2) Mattyfinch has 295whp, last I heard is Rob Archer ran a 12.9x with hp only in the 270's

3) No **** you can't here the 300 over the ION. The ION's SC alone with a 2.6" is in the 100dB range, absolutly DEAFENING. WHen my car goes by (someone else driving, I can't hear ANYTHING other than it!)
You are cutting sub-2.0 60'??? And can do it on the street???
Old 08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobalt8
mattyfinch, my buddy has a stock sti, ran 13.4 1/4 mile. Your car probably wouldnt hit that NOW highly modded, don't rag on cars that own you man.

I have a ss/sc with my mods, and Ill still admit to what would eat me.

STI with stage 2, say hello to mid to high 12s. You wouldnt stand a chance in hell. At the very best, the FASTEST ss/sc on the site would be a good race. You, would get owned to ****.

And he wasnt even cutting you up, all he said was that it didn't sound as if the guy was trying, and I didn't really hear high rpm either... I heard your car over his when you were both gunning it :P

NO OFFENSE dude, but i dont think u can drive.... when i only had a 3 inch pulley i was able to hang with sti's.

A sti stock is only 240 and 240 at the wheels, im 294 and 261, and should be running low 13's even with my traction issues, but think what u want

i have 50 whp and 20 foot pounds and a longer rpm to catch up from whatever launch he gets.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

I agree with no remorse, the sti and the evo arent vehicles to be afraid of. cvemon was running gm stage 2 and has repeatedly destroyed an evo that lives near him
Old 08-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

he doesnt have to cut a sub 2.0 in the 60, his car is alot faster in the stretches, and will catch up
Old 08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
p7x

Nice kill! love 300zx but its a big even with the turbo.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:30 PM

Hey MattyFinch.

Good races.

Sounded like your clutch was slipping just a tad when u shifted into 2nd on the race from a dig.

Also....... That 300 didnt sound that fast at all. Probly a 15 second car. But w/e you still beat it by quite a few lengths.

BTW, you shouldnt call yourself "the fastest Redline in western Canada" untill you post some time slips.

The is a black redline in mission BC that runs low-mid 13s. Untill we see a timeslip from you showing a low 13 second 1/4mile time. You ARE NOT the fastest redline in western Canada.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned

me and him talk dont u worry bro
Old 08-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Banned

and i dont really care about track times, its the trap speed i care about.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

p.s. jekyl did u not get my private message
Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by mattyfinch
me and him talk dont u worry bro

Yeah but dont you think you're getting a littl ahead of yourself proclaiming you have the fastest ion in western canada when you really have no clue what it will run?

The track is alot different than the streets, and takes alot of passes to get used to it.

Im just trying to give you some constructive criticism about that so you can avoid being flamed for it. Becuase honestly.... when I see someone writing in their signature "Western Canada's Fastest Redline" without writing beside it a 1/4 time, it shows that they are ....just a little bit ...shall I say.. over-confident.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

ill back up my claim when i go there and race him like i said me and him have talked
Old 08-22-2006, 03:41 PM

Yes I got your private message.

What do you mean you dont care about track times... just speed?

Its track times that win 1/4 races... not the speed.

Yes speed shows the power of the car. But what good is a 110 mph trap speed if you cant get off the line and run a 15.0??

BTW Im going to mission Sept 1st..

You gonna come too?

P.S. Glad to see your taking my criticism in a good way and not talking ****.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

nah ur a good guy, i wouldnt have a need to take in a negative way, but at the same time, i hope u know that im not the type to claim something i can't back up.

and u should private me back some info if u want.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
What do you mean you dont care about track times... just speed?

Its track times that win 1/4 races... not the speed.

Yes speed shows the power of the car. But what good is a 110 mph trap speed if you cant get off the line and run a 15.0??
I guess technically speaking, the fastest trap time would indicate he's got the fastest Redline. Not necessarily the fastest *driver*, but fastest Redline nonetheless.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl

BTW Im going to mission Sept 1st..

mission is like an hour something from where i live!
Old 08-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mattyfinch
and i dont really care about track times, its the trap speed i care about.
Are you serious?????? So you prolly don't race from a dig against any fast cars, only roll race???
Old 08-23-2006, 04:31 AM

Matty, your an idiot. Sorry man, but you are seriously just retarded.

Hit up the track then come back to the forums, kkthxbai.

A STOCK sti comes with 300 AWHP, you retard. www.google.com coulda told you that. You sir, can definately NOT keep up. I hate people like you who can't get real with yourself. Stock vs stock, STis would absolutely crush you. With your mods, its a better race, but from a dig the STis AWD would just crush you. An STi with money that you invested into it, would destroy you hands down.

matty, you make NO SENSE, GO TO THE TRACK and get us some timeslips, traction>you. street racing and recording a vid is for ****, and if you posted that vid in my local auto club forums, you would be flamed forever.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matty, your an idiot. Sorry man, but you are seriously just retarded.

Hit up the track then come back to the forums, kkthxbai.

A STOCK sti comes with 300 AWHP, you retard. www.google.com coulda told you that. You sir, can definately NOT keep up. I hate people like you who can't get real with yourself. Stock vs stock, STis would absolutely crush you. With your mods, its a better race, but from a dig the STis AWD would just crush you. An STi with money that you invested into it, would destroy you hands down.

matty, you make NO SENSE, GO TO THE TRACK and get us some timeslips, traction>you. street racing and recording a vid is for ****, and if you posted that vid in my local auto club forums, you would be flamed forever.
Are you really as big of a tool as you sound? He's driving on a stock clutch so if he goes to the track there is a good chance of screwing up his clutch and snapping an axle and if you read this whole thread he says he is waiting for his axle.

Don't talk smack unless you can back it up in your car and oh snap...how much power do you have? Looking at your sig you have nothing to say. You just pissed because his Saturn would school you really bad? Also, where the hell do you get that a STi has 300AWHP?!?! Dude, their not underrated like the LSJs. They are 300 AT THE CRANK! 15% loss puts them at 255AWHP at the wheels. Granted launches, yeah they are good but with how much they have to shift due to their gearing and being a 6 speed won't make them win overall in a 1/4. A LSJ with a 7200 rev limiter won't have to leave 3rd. I know a guy with a STi and he said he is in 4th or 5th usually when he crosses the line.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 AM

13.4 1/4 mile stock, enough said. "school" me, you in high school? I don't know what I will run 1/4 mile as I havn't tracked it yet with my newest mods, so wtf do you mean he would "school" me, thats about the gayest thing I've heard in a while. He hasn't even tracked his car at all, so as of right now he has **** on anyone.

Stock clutch? I track with a stock clutch all the time, as do most of the people on the site, or in general.. WTF is your point. you dont need an after market clutch to track, thanks for comin out.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:02 AM

13.4 1/4 mile stock, enough said. "school" me, you in high school? I don't know what I will run 1/4 mile as I havn't tracked it yet with my newest mods, so wtf do you mean he would "school" me, thats about the gayest thing I've heard in a while. He hasn't even tracked his car at all, so as of right now he has **** on anyone.

Stock clutch? I track with a stock clutch all the time, as do most of the people on the site, or in general.. WTF is your point. you dont need an after market clutch to track, thanks for comin out.
Where do you have a 13.4 1/4? You contradict yourself by having a freaking 14s 1/4 with an exhaust listed on your sig so benchracing wise, yes he'd beat you. He has a dyno with current mods, you have a falsified quarter time (unless an exhaust made you drop a second in your 1/4 time). So you have no dyno and no current quarter and he has a current dyno and no quarter so where do you have room to say anything. ****, I would figure you're in high school thinking a STi really makes 300AWHP...

Also, as far as the clutch goes if you have a slipping clutch, then you need an aftermarket clutch to go to the track or it is pointless. Once again, if you weren't so ignorant you would have read that it is heavily slipping in his 1-2 shift.

Current mods: JBP Cold Air Intake/GMPP Exhaust/GMPP Stage 2
Latest Dyno: 223.7hp/180.6TQ - Stock
14.89@95.59 - Exhaust.
vs.

13.4 1/4 mile stock
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Umm, I guess you are the ignorant one, who cannot read.

My buddy in his sti hit 13.4 1/4 mile, low 13s 1/4 with exhaust is impossible in a ss/sc or a redline.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 AM

BTW, everyone who I showed this post to thinks your a ******* vandy. Just thought id add that. People like you give these forums a bad name.

I got my time, with those mods. Goin to the track again on sat with current mods, well see what I hit then... Gangsta. I don't wanna get "school"ed, lol. Ill have my timeslips posted by sunday morning.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM

Umm, I guess you are the ignorant one, who cannot read.

My buddy in his sti hit 13.4 1/4 mile, low 13s 1/4 with exhaust is impossible in a ss/sc or a redline.
Well then apparently you have a problem writing because you failed to mention anywhere that the subject of the 13.4 1/4 time was of a STi so with you being who posted that statement it is to be derived that you are the one quoting that time and that it is your time, being an owner of a Cobalt SS. So I don't see where you even pull that I can't read when this has nothing in it saying about a STi.

13.4 1/4 mile stock, enough said
Enough said, learn to write when you are trying to make a point and I bet that mattyfinch could run a 13.4 without being on slicks, just not the stock dunlops. Rob Archer runs a 12.8 on slicks at 270whp while mattyfinch is still 20whp up from that. Also, from a roll the STi would definitely lose...
Old 08-23-2006, 10:13 AM

BTW, everyone who I showed this post to thinks your a ******* vandy. Just thought id add that. People like you give these forums a bad name.
Oh no...you've gone and hurt my feelings, lol
Old 08-23-2006, 11:48 AM

You sir, are an idiot.

Like I said, provide timeslips please, hes a piece of **** until I see times. Thanks. BTW, I had already stated the 13.4 about 10 posts ago was from the sti, anyone with any common sense knows an ss/sc with a simple exhaust cannot run that time, obviously, however, you didn't clue in...

*shrug*

Quick Reply: ion destroys 300zx twin turbo