Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

06 ss loosing communication between the computers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 ss loosing communication between the computers

my car has been at the dealers for two weeks now-

it all started after a minor accident- headlight , i mean thats it,,

the car starts sometimes and not others, the dealer says its loosing communication between the computers, they have already replaced the passlock module and the key, and bcm

strange things would happen like when you turn the key you can hear the relay click under the dash but no crank then other times the alarm would go off randomly, and or four ways start flashing, i've checked all of the grounds connectors, powerstud, everything, now the dealer is having trouble figuring it out- has anyone had similar problems,

they say they think ts something with the abs system but i can't see that causing the problem- sometimes i get in and it starts right up

i dont get it,

help please 06 ss/na
Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was it fine and driveable before they fixed the head light.
Which headlight (what side and what did they have to replace just the headlight ,wiring harness)

Alittle more info would help.

Isnt there a groungd behind the driverside headlight ,if it was that side I would pull the head light
maybe they piched a ground wire or power wire and the voltage is getting pulled down.

edit:
Sorry checked prints the grounds seem to be all by the coolant reservior.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 AM

Eh, when you say "passlock module" do you mean "theft deterrent module"? My g/f's Aveo did the exact same thing (I posted in the lounge about it a while ago and got slim to no help). I inspected/adjusted the clutch switch which helped a bit, reset her ECM, checked fuses and did pretty much everything but fix the damned problem; but we took it in and thought it sounded like the TDM. Sure enough the car was throwing a code that had to do with the module, but this only happened after the car was completely and totally disabled (can you say tow truck ).

After replacing the TDM the car improved but had the occasional symptoms you're reporting when you turn the can and hear the click, alarm would disable the radio, etc. We found if she turned the key and held it for 4 or 5 seconds it would eventually crank but to this day we have no idea what the problem was (it has resolved itself?!?).

The case had gone to GM headquarters to figure out wtf was wrong with the car, they came up here and captured information from her ECM and PCM and took it back with them to analyse it. We're still waiting to hear back; but I'll be watching this thread to see if it's brought to resolution and if so what root cause was.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 AM

finally got my car back from the dealer, i guess they really didnt know what it was, although they are telling me it was the abcm "abs module" they ended up changing the engine computer, passlock module, key, abcm, ebcm, and finally two months later i have the car back,,,,,, yeah, well i'm not o excited about the bill
Old 12-10-2009, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you recive all your componets back.
And dont let them bull you about throwing them out.If you paid for them then the old ones are yours.

There might be nothing wrong with any of it sorry to say(could of been a bad connection and changing the part fixed it)So get them back you might need those parts again down the road .