Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2008 SS/TC Problems watch out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buellfooll
OOPs! My mistake. You can't compare the MP3 to the Ecotec SS/TC .s not a bad little car. Just not equal to the SS/TC
the SS/TC barely beats the MS3(MS3 actually has more power stock). they are very comparable. when the SS/SC was out the MS3 demolished it.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:34 PM

As I said earlier I'm a bit computer illiterate and can't figure out how to paste the copy of pages 7-17 and 7-18 into this forum so you'll just have to trust me on the secret Data Logger. OR you can look in the back of your 2009 Cobalt SS/TC owners manual.

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
the SS/TC barely beats the MS3(MS3 actually has more power stock). they are very comparable. when the SS/SC was out the MS3 demolished it.
The key word here is BEATS it. The Mazda needs 2.3 liter to ALMOST beat the SS/TC. We are comparing turbo to turbo cars aren't we?

Last edited by buellfooll; 10-30-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
RWD does not cure wheelhop...go drive a GTO.

Tweaks were made to reduce wheel hop including new axles, motor mount, control arm bushings, and probably more than I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

That was just quoted for the irony.
X2.
My previous car was a 2005 GTO it had wheelhop. Most vehicles have it to some degree. Even solid axle rwd like my 1999 mustang gt have wheelhop sometimes.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:49 PM

As I said earlier I'm a bit computer illiterate and can't figure out how to paste the copy of pages 7-17 and 7-18 into this forum so you'll just have to trust me on the secret Data Logger. OR you can look in the back of your 2009 Cobalt SS/TC owners manual.

The key word here is BEATS it. The Mazda needs 2.3 liter to ALMOST beat the SS/TC. We are comparing turbo to turbo cars aren't we?
if we play that game the SS/TC needs launch control and no lift shifting to beat the MS3. but i dont play that game.
the key word here is competition. the MS3 was the reigning "best bang for your buck" car. now Chevy has come out with a new motor and suspension tuning to compete against the MS3 and beats it. what happens next? someone else will throw Chevy off their pedestal. this is the way things work. without this the auto industry would be old and stale.
but saying the MS3 is no competition is retarded. its the closest competion to the SS/TC.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
if we play that game the SS/TC needs launch control and no lift shifting to beat the MS3. but i dont play that game.
the key word here is competition. the MS3 was the reigning "best bang for your buck" car. now Chevy has come out with a new motor and suspension tuning to compete against the MS3 and beats it. what happens next? someone else will throw Chevy off their pedestal. this is the way things work. without this the auto industry would be old and stale.
but saying the MS3 is no competition is retarded. its the closest competion to the SS/TC.

OK! OK! The war of words ends here. But 2.3 liter should win every time against 2.0 liter. Each car has it's own strenghts. But I wonder what the race would look like if the Cobalt had 6 speeds. Or we could REALLY dream about all wheel drive. Hello EVO!
TRUCE
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM

OK! OK! The war of words ends here. But 2.3 liter should win every time against 2.0 liter. Each car has it's own strenghts. But I wonder what the race would look like if the Cobalt had 6 speeds. Or we could REALLY dream about all wheel drive. Hello EVO!
TRUCE

AWD would be fun, but rwd would be so much more fun.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:57 PM

To be honest and to say something positive before hitting the OFF button for the evening (my Boston Terrier and I are going for ice cream) this forum is a true inspiration for me. I have read some posts from some very intelligent people that also posess some common sence and learned a lot. There's also a couple of people here that really don't exactly what they've got in the cobalt. I WILL be putting some of that knowledge to good use as money and aftermarket parts becomes available. I'm just a poor old retired truck driver having what I hope will be my last mid life crisis.

Pedro, my dog, says good night. Me too.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sh*t happens.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Performance car, economy car, sport compact, autocrosser, Nurburgring burner, econobox, whatever you want to call it it doesnt matter. Its NOT DESIGNED FOR RACING/COMPETITION. It doesnt matter how much horspower it has(the ZR1 has 638hp) GM doesnt sell race cars at their delaerships. If you break it while racing or using car under competitive conditions, its on you. The OP is very lucky the trans was covered. He/she should count their blessings, suck it up as a learning experience and move on. Racing costs money, **** WILL break, nothing you can do about that.

As far as GM is concerned, they make it very clear that racing isnt okay with them:

What Is Not Covered

Tire Damage or Wear
Damage from improper inflation, high speed spinning, as when stuck in mud or snow, tire chains, racing, competition, improper mounting or demounting, misuse, negligence, alteration, or misapplication is not covered.

Vehicle Damage Due to Accident, Misuse, or Alteration

• Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition.

HMMMMMMM how about that, they consider racing and competition to be MISUSE. I guess its not a race car no matter what its capabilities are.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said...just because a car may perform well on the track or strip doesn't mean it's made to do only that for 100k miles.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:47 PM

who. before people go jumping his **** belhousings do snap for no reason.
Proof: