Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

4 weeks and counting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 weeks and counting...

OK this is week # 4, that i have been without my car....

I took my car in 4 weeks ago because the sunroof didnt close all the way. The day I took it in they told me it would be fixed by 5:00 PM that same day. Now I am here 4 weeks later...

This is rediculous. 1 week I could understand. Hell even 2 if need be. But the 4th week and to be told by my brother that is sitting OUTSIDE in their lot in the back and hasnt been touched really urks the living **** out of me.

It wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt stuck w/ a 2.2 w/ 0 power options and not stick and ****.

I WANT MY CAR BACK.

I feel like I am going to have to go over there heads to get the process moving. Would this be something I could call GM about? I want my car back, and it feels like the Stealership is taking their ******* time. I want my car back ASAP!

Any ideas where I should go from here?

Everytime I get the service manager he says that he has no control over it. He says its in the body shop, and everytime you get transfered there the main people can help you cause you cant provide them with the insurance company thats covering it. (WTF no insurance company, you fucked it up you are fixing it....) so they transfer me to a voicemail of some dood who I have left many messages for and have yet to recieve a call back...
Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
360 L337 User

Kick Ass, Take Names Later.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:29 PM

Dude...I hope you recorded the mileage before you dropped it off. I wouldn't be surprised if your car has been used for a few "errands".

I dropped my car at the dealership last week to fix a squeak from the rear seat (turns out it was the subwoofer, actually), and when I got my car back it had been driven 35 miles and almost a 1/4 tank, and my economy readout had gone down significantly...I'm off work early today so I can see the service manager in person and find out why that happened.

It doesn't take 35 miles of hard driving to test a car for a rattle.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
Dude...I hope you recorded the mileage before you dropped it off. I wouldn't be surprised if your car has been used for a few "errands".

I dropped my car at the dealership last week to fix a squeak from the rear seat (turns out it was the subwoofer, actually), and when I got my car back it had been driven 35 miles and almost a 1/4 tank, and my economy readout had gone down significantly...I'm off work early today so I can see the service manager in person and find out why that happened.

It doesn't take 35 miles of hard driving to test a car for a rattle.
I agree. I wish I remembered what the milage was, but hence its been 4 freaking weeks....

Would it be worth calling GM directly and complaining?
Old 10-16-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to the dealership and ask to speek to the general manager or the owner. DO NOT YELL AT THEM or you won't get **** done. Calmly explain what has happened and ask him if he could please find out whats going on with your car.

Be nice get on his good side and let the body shop answer to him. You start acting like a jerk right out of the gate and your cars gonna sit longer. Don't start the yelling unless hes a dick but let him be a dick first. Usualy the general manager has no idea whats going on but he sees you as a potential repeat customer and doen't want to lose your bizz or have you bad mouth the dealership all over town.

I know it sounds corny as hell but you catch more flies with honey then vinager. Of corse if hes a ***** then all bets are off and feel free to be a ***** back.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Go to the dealership and ask to speek to the general manager or the owner. DO NOT YELL AT THEM or you won't get **** done. Calmly explain what has happened and ask him if he could please find out whats going on with your car.

Be nice get on his good side and let the body shop answer to him. You start acting like a jerk right out of the gate and your cars gonna sit longer. Don't start the yelling unless hes a dick but let him be a dick first. Usualy the general manager has no idea whats going on but he sees you as a potential repeat customer and doen't want to lose your bizz or have you bad mouth the dealership all over town.

I know it sounds corny as hell but you catch more flies with honey then vinager. Of corse if hes a ***** then all bets are off and feel free to be a ***** back.

Good luck and keep us posted.
This is my problem. I am too nice. When I talk to people in person I cant be mean. I have been nice as ***** to the service advisor, but right now I feel like that is getting me no where. I just reached out to the Service manager and Director, so I will update you when I hear more.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
This is my problem. I am too nice. When I talk to people in person I cant be mean. I have been nice as ***** to the service advisor, but right now I feel like that is getting me no where. I just reached out to the Service manager and Director, so I will update you when I hear more.
Then go talk directly to the general manager he runs the WHOLE show.

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:54 PM

make them pay for the one month you didnt drive it.....it dosnt take that long unless they are waiting for parts, but in that case they could of closed it and told you not to touch it until parts come...thats nuts and id freak.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:11 PM

check your lemon laws some of them say that if your car is in the shop for more than 30 days within the first year, you are driving a lemon even if it is there only 31 it doesnt matter, make them buy the car back and get you another one
Old 10-16-2006, 04:35 PM

that would be a pain in the ass....
mods have to come off, blah blah blah, id just want my effin car fixed lol
Old 10-16-2006, 04:41 PM

yeah but it would be worth it to me i cant stand my 2.2, it sux
Old 10-16-2006, 06:58 PM

Well if I made them buy it back would they give me all the non factor parts back? I mean would they really want a car w/ HID's, CAI, Exaust, header, high flow cat/dp Stage 2, etc?

I would love to get my 25,000 back and put it towardsan 07 SS/SC

now also just to FYI, this dealership is NOT the dealership I bought my car from. This one is like right next to my house, the one I bought it from is much bigger and a pain in the ass to get to as its like 20 miles away.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM

Thumbs up

im bout to go up in there, and just flip out

Ill do it for ya bro, just cus i love ya!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

Depending in which state you live in if your car is in the garage for a total of one month, there is a law that says they owe you a new one. Check into it and tell the dealer you want your mother f*cking car back, FIXED, or a brand new one with the same opitions.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by philco_3
Depending in which state you live in if your car is in the garage for a total of one month, there is a law that says they owe you a new one. Check into it and tell the dealer you want your mother f*cking car back, FIXED, or a brand new one with the same opitions.
Today is the 23rd day. I did contact a law firm via email who said they would fight the dealer on the lemon law and not charge me a penny. I only see 2 problems though

1.) I took it to a different dealership then I bought it from.

2.) I have a few thousand dollars of mods in my car
Old 10-17-2006, 02:51 PM

My car is fixed!

I called today and right before I snapped the dood said "It is fixed"

I wont get it back today tho

But he said I will be able to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Said its fixed, but it has to go through clean up and such. I just want my baby back. I have brake pads and a header at home to install Have had them for the last 23 days
Old 10-17-2006, 02:53 PM

1. Doesn't matter its still a dealer.
2. You'd probly lose out on your mods unless you have the old parts to swap back in.

What did the lawyers say?
Anyword from the dealer yet?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
1. Doesn't matter its still a dealer.
2. You'd probly lose out on your mods unless you have the old parts to swap back in.

What did the lawyers say?
Anyword from the dealer yet?
You may have missed my post above

Lawyer said if it goes past 31 days it can be considered a lemon.

Tomorrow I get my car back on the 24th day, so I guess it aint gonna happen. Oh well there goes my dreams of an STI or SAAB 9-3 Aero.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM

atleast its fixed
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 PM

Well they called me again a little while ago and told me I could come pick it up now so I did. Everything seems in order. They cleaned my entire car inside and out, which was pretty kool. Sunroof works and looks just like it did prior. One of the quarter panel windows on my car has some green tape on it. I was told not to take the green tape off until tomorrow afternoon? I dont know what thats for but I am assuming they had to take the window out? Its still got my cobalt SS sticker on it and is still tinted so I dont think they broke it.

Only complaint I have is my passenger Recaro has a small puncture hole in it on the side. Its barely noticable but I do NOT believe it was there prior. It looks like normal wear and tear. Should I call them and try to get that fixed? I mean its not bad, but it looks like something sharp like rubbed on it and punctured through.

Oh and like WoW I feel like IM driving a corvette right now. So much more power then the rental 2.2 LAWL. I was spinning out everywhere in the rain hahaha. It was also weird pulling out of the parking lot cause I like half way forgot how to drive stick. Mainly where the clutch engagement point is hehe.

Also the radio in my combalt OWNZ THAT 2.2's. I mean the BASE!!! So much better!!!!! SO loud and crisp! 100% better.

Oh and the SEATS! I can take a turn and not slide!!!

And the HID's so perrdy and I can see ****!!

and the ....

Hehe, glad to have my balt back.

My brakes are fubar'd though cause like the 2.2 brakes better hahaha. I got new brake pads sitting at home though.