Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

bearing? or ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
axle popped out?

before this happened i had just replaced the roll pin for the 3rd time. put it back together and then this....

im not sure what broke honestly..

the past few days ive heard some howling coming from the right front area. so i thought it was the wheel bearing and i would just change it out soon.

i went to pull out of my driveway.. put it in reverse backed out. rolling very slowly (on a small hill) put it in 1st. and then let out on the clutch a little then i heard a snap and rattle (sounded like a chain breaking) and i just rolled backwards with it still in 1st and the clutch out.

now the axles are good (i just replaced the axles with zzp stage 1 a few days ago)
the rim doesnt have any play as far as it being a wheel bearing.
i jacked the right side up. tire spun freely while it was in geer.
lowered it.
jacked up the left side. tire spun freely while in gear but it did spin the intermediate shaft.

i do know that there is a bearing after the shaft. i havent really been able to take a good look at everything.. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

it made a clicking noise while we were pushing it back into the garage.

Last edited by Black SS 07; 10-08-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 PM

UPDATE.

pulled everything apart.... and come to find out.. the axle poped out of the shaft?!! WTF!

now i know for a fact i heard it click and there was no gap.. so any idea's on how it could of happened?

edit again... pushed the axle back in.. it clicked.. no gap. put it back together got 1/2 way down my road and it came out again.. this time im going to take off the inter. shaft and see if anything is wrong with it..

pulled the inter shaft and axle.. everything looks ok.. nothing is broken..

so i am completely stumped.

the axle only has about 250 miles on it if that.

ugh.. any other comments??

thanks

one more thing.. could it be because of the wheel bearing? heres a video of me spinning hub.. its pretty hard to turn and it makes a clicking noise.. turn up the volume

Last edited by Black SS 07; 10-05-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black SS 07
UPDATE.

pulled everything apart.... and come to find out.. the axle poped out of the shaft?!! WTF!

now i know for a fact i heard it click and there was no gap.. so any idea's on how it could of happened?

edit again... pushed the axle back in.. it clicked.. no gap. put it back together got 1/2 way down my road and it came out again.. this time im going to take off the inter. shaft and see if anything is wrong with it..

pulled the inter shaft and axle.. everything looks ok.. nothing is broken..

so i am completely stumped.

the axle only has about 250 miles on it if that.

ugh.. any other comments??

thanks
See if you can return it. Maybe you just happened to purchase
a bad one. It happens. It might have a factory defect warranty
you can return it under.
-Jonathan

Last edited by insylem; 10-06-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2009, 01:40 PM

I'm having a similar problem, the innner cv joint seems really sloppy and loose. I'm sending mine back to be repaired.