Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

best and worst chevy dealers for GMPP, warranty work and service

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another GREAT Dealership to add.

HALL CHEVROLET----CHESAPEAKE, VA

I used these guys for the first time, they rock.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miller Brothers Chevrolet in Ellicott City MD will warrenty cars with aftermarket stuff done so long as it can not be proved by the tech 100% that the aftermarket stuff caused the problem. I know cause I work there!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:42 PM

BEST: Adirondack Chevrolet in Elizabethtown NY-have a great group of technicians, know their cars and are decent to talk to. Downside? Their pissy about working on the car if you didn't buy it there and their sales staff sucks. If it's not an easy sale, they won't go the extra distance.

WORST: it's a tie between Bill McBride Chevrolet in Plattsburgh NY and Christopher Chevrolet in Ticonderoga NY... both are shifty, their sales staff suck, their service departments are a joke... very disappointing dealers.

HONORABLE MENTION(S): Hometown (Ross) Chevrolet in Whitehall NY- excellent sales staff, will get you into the car if you really want it, sometimes even try to talk you out of it if the deal isn't all that great. Their service staff is ok, but will try to shifty their way out of the big warranty claims (the peeling paint issue on my 05 base coupe for example). Other than that, they have been outstanding. This 07 Cobalt SS/SC is my 4th car from them.

Shearer Chevrolet in Burlington VT- have a good all around staff, decent hours and can do a Stage 2 install without fear or hesitation.

Scott

Last edited by Adirondack_Cobalt; 09-25-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:52 PM

Absolutely horrible dealer is Marathon Chevrolet in North Charleston, SC. Voided my warranty due to a high performance clutch in conjuction with GM Stage 2! They left bolts out of my transmission and the rest loose, and on top of that they scratched the side of my car down to the metal badly. Oh and I can't forget them frying my fuse box with brake fluid all over the engine bay!

Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Charleston, SC has awesome service thus far.
Dobles Chevrolet in Manchester, NH was awesome with my 02 Z24 that was modded.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM

Bad: NUCAR Chevrolet in Newcastle Delaware.Wanted 15 to 20 hours to install Stage 2 on my SS/SC !!!
Good:Saturn of Newark, 2.5 hours
Old 09-25-2006, 11:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ct!

GOOD: Gengras Chevrolet, East Hartford CT.

BAD: Schaler Chevrolet, New Britain CT.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 AM

GOOD: Tuscaloosa Chevy Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Bad: Edwards Chevy Birmingham, Alabama
Old 09-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by roccityroller
Doan Chevrolet, Rochester, NY - Service department open until midnight!
++ towed the car from my house on friday (free) gave me a rental car for the weekend (free), paid the additional $20 for me to rent a car b/c i'm under 21, and pulled my car in, diagnosed and fixed problem today
Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM

The Chevy Dealer in Racine.
The mess up a lot but are quick to fix it.

I brought my car to the dealer to get the car waxed and detailed with some special **** they have. Well i left the dealer and went and got something to eat and while i was eating they called me and told me they were washin my car and the head of the pressure hose blew off and went right through my back window. There was water and glass every where. I nearly killed some one. Cause to make it worse. They left my car outside in the rain while i was on my way back. And when i got back they but my car in the shop garage put the kid slammed my door getting out so the window callapsed into the car.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:41 PM

Bob Weaver Chevrolet (Dealership/service)

all i can say is wow, best service ever... friendly, inviting... free POPCORN OMGFTW
Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM

O'Regans Chev, Halifax, NS.

1) They fixed my rims (light scratches) 4 weeks after purchase of car. Body shop guy put them down as scratched on delivery so they would be done under warranty. A+ Service.
2) The one service tech I've delt with has been very helpfull and fast, I ask for him by name now when I call.

Negatives: NO FREE POPCORN OMGBBQ!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM

Durand Chevrolet- Hudson MA... nice at first.. but when performance comes around they say anything voids the warranty and when I bought Stage 2 they said to go sumwhere else because they dont want to deal with it...what dealership says that??
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

best - cable-dahmer chevrolet, independence, mo
Old 10-12-2006, 11:22 AM

hendrick chevy in Cary Nc, Auto park
Old 10-12-2006, 02:21 PM

Anyone have any experiance with dealers in the Indianapolis metro area???
Old 10-12-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by jeremie
best - cable-dahmer chevrolet
i disagree, this dealer tried charging me a arm and a leg for stg 2
Old 10-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

which service advisor did you talk to?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Bad: Roberts Chevy in Hicksville, Ny (no there are no hicks around) - Told me they wouldn't look at my AC til November. In the process of reporting them to GM for violating the scared "Any Chevy dealer has to work on a Chevy car for service" pact.

Good: East Hills Chevrolet and Oldsmobile, Roslyn, Ny - Took my car to fix the AC, asked if I had any other concerns and needed them to look at anything.
Del Chevrolet Paoli, PA - bought my car there when I lived in PA. Great sales department, great service. Fixed my rough idle problem and even had complimentary shuttle service to bring me to the train so I could get back to work and not walk the 2 miles down the road. Even went as far as to discuss the problems that plague the SS/SC and what their opinions are on it.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackSC
Bad- Dick Beard chevy, Hyannis MA. There entire parts crew knows absolutely nothing about the platform or that GMPP for the car even exists!!! I'm going to do my Stage II myself and have my friend who works there do the software update with the tech II
Update! I purchased a stage II kit from another dealer that had it in stock ($599 complete stage II kit, NIB) and i went back to dick beard and talked to the service manager. I explained my interest in keeping the factory warranty and he agreed that wont be a problem if i have them do it. I Even talked to the service manager and the tech that would be doing the install and they both agreed to do the work (this would be the first time for them) and let me hang out in the backshop and peek around and help out a bit if i have any ideas.

I am having the install done tomorrow at 1p.m. They are agreeing to charge me a maximum of 2.5 hours labor at their rate of $85/hour. If all goes well, i will return for more GM upgrades.

Side note, both the service manager and the tech doing the work for me both expressed great interest and enthusiasm towards GMPP. They hope to do much more of that kind of work since they do no performance stuff now.

My original statement and attititude may change after tomorrow. I'll let you all know!

-Happy boosting-
Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 PM

Klienfelter Chevy, Jonestown PA - Good intensions, awesome sales managner, horrible service/parts knowledge.

There are alot of other dealerships within 15-20mins so I will check into them.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by e to the x
Bad: Roberts Chevy in Hicksville, Ny (no there are no hicks around) - Told me they wouldn't look at my AC til November. In the process of reporting them to GM for violating the scared "Any Chevy dealer has to work on a Chevy car for service" pact.
Adirondack Chevrolet pulls that **** up in Elizabethtown... they worked on the car, but gave me a ration of **** about doing it. The customer service rep that handled the small issue I had with my 07 SS told me that sort of thing can cause a dealer to lose their franchise. Whether or not she was blowing sunshine up my ass is still open to interpretation.

Scott
Old 10-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
Adirondack Chevrolet pulls that **** up in Elizabethtown... they worked on the car, but gave me a ration of **** about doing it. The customer service rep that handled the small issue I had with my 07 SS told me that sort of thing can cause a dealer to lose their franchise. Whether or not she was blowing sunshine up my ass is still open to interpretation.

Scott

Yeah I talked to the person behind th acounter where I took my car. She said that if she was caught saying that to anyone she woulda been fired instantly. telling someone that you won't work on their car for almost a months time is certainly not the way to gain busniess for yourself. Plus their service hours suck anyways. This place I brought my car too is a bit out of thwe way for me, but hey if they do a nice job then thats a non issue.

btw, the compressor is dead on my car. So gotta wait for the new one then drop the car again.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackSC
Update! I purchased a stage II kit from another dealer that had it in stock ($599 complete stage II kit, NIB) and i went back to dick beard and talked to the service manager. I explained my interest in keeping the factory warranty and he agreed that wont be a problem if i have them do it. I Even talked to the service manager and the tech that would be doing the install and they both agreed to do the work (this would be the first time for them) and let me hang out in the backshop and peek around and help out a bit if i have any ideas.

I am having the install done tomorrow at 1p.m. They are agreeing to charge me a maximum of 2.5 hours labor at their rate of $85/hour. If all goes well, i will return for more GM upgrades.

Side note, both the service manager and the tech doing the work for me both expressed great interest and enthusiasm towards GMPP. They hope to do much more of that kind of work since they do no performance stuff now.

My original statement and attititude may change after tomorrow. I'll let you all know!

-Happy boosting-
Ok. i have had my Stage II in for about 2 days and i couldnt be happier. The install went silky smooth and took the tech (GM master tech) Just a shade over 2 hours for the install AND the computer reflash.

So all in all, this dealer may not be all that bad. I mentioned ordering more GMPP stuff and having them do the install and the manager seemed very into it.

Total cost for my stage II parts and installation? $786.50!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roccityroller
++ towed the car from my house on friday (free) gave me a rental car for the weekend (free), paid the additional $20 for me to rent a car b/c i'm under 21, and pulled my car in, diagnosed and fixed problem today
What was wrong with your car that they had to tow it in? Or was that an extra courtesy that they extended to you?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Bad-University chevy on Florida Avenue......could not fix my alignment 3 times(still isnt fixed).....gives me a hard time about every little fix, and does not want to do warranty work for me when only mod is stg1, i have to get my dad to take the car in to do anything and its not like im some 16 year old punk ....rediculous.

Dimmit Chevy-not all that bad, some of the advisors are clueless but they took my car 20 miles for no reason.

I have not had a good experience at any dealer yet

Quick Reply: best and worst chevy dealers for GMPP, warranty work and service