Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

best and worst chevy dealers for GMPP, warranty work and service

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackSC
Ok. i have had my Stage II in for about 2 days and i couldnt be happier. The install went silky smooth and took the tech (GM master tech) Just a shade over 2 hours for the install AND the computer reflash.

So all in all, this dealer may not be all that bad. I mentioned ordering more GMPP stuff and having them do the install and the manager seemed very into it.

Total cost for my stage II parts and installation? $786.50!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, thats a good price!!! Thats really cool they let you back there to watch...I give them :
Old 10-16-2006, 09:00 PM

Bad: Herb Easley, Wichita Falls, Tx: Blew the wife's motor in her 300Z, and after replacing my speed sensors for a recall on my '02 Silverado, had the driver's side caliper almost doing circles on my rotor!!!! They didn't even tighten the caliper bolts!

Good: Pruitt, Burkburnett, Tx: Handled paint defects on the LS sedan, fixed the fabric on the doors from coming up, and replaced a trim piece that I broke. On the SS/SC they replaced a bad headlight (fogging, before I found out about this site), changed oil (I supplied) and they supplied filter all for $15, replaced A/C panel for cracking (plastic defect), and today they are fixing gap on front bumper next to the headlights.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by marerick007
Damn, thats a good price!!! Thats really cool they let you back there to watch...I give them :
dude! it was better than watching, i had my hands into almost all of it. It was a pretty sweet deal. Plus i sat there practically counting the minutes so they wouldnt try anything funny with the labor times.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:54 AM

Stadium GM in salem ohio rocks. They are currently replacing my clutch under warrenty, they replaced an axel under warrenty and I got a pretty nice rental while the clutch is getting done and 06 grand prix. Also stage 2 cost me $1063 and it only took them 3 hours to install.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:16 PM

VERY VERY Bad: Royal Oaks Chevrolet Cadillac-Paducah, Ky

Had my car 26 days just to replace broken pins in the shifter...Car broke down and A/c didnt work when I picked it up. Returned it...was there another 4 days and I went and picked it up a second time. The car broke down 5 mins after picking it up (Check engine light and "reduced engine power")I get a call 2 hours after dropping it off a third time (and not being provided a rental) and they said the problem is from my cold air intake and they arent going to warranty it. They did not put my car back together correctly after taking the transmission out to fix it. My dad and I just got back from towing the car to a different dealer (the one I purchased it from).

Good so far: Dwain Taylor Chevrolet-Murray, Ky

This is where i bought the car, they are very freindly and are currently working on fixing the above mentioned dealer's screw up. They even gave me a car off of their lot to drive!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:34 PM

HORRIBLE! Jeff Wyler in Springfield, OH. Multiple issues, to many to list here, just take my word do not go there unless absolutely necessary!