Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Burned Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burned Brakes?

This morning I got stuck in the snow yet again with my all-season tires. Maybe there was a disclaimer in the fine print that winter was excluded, lol. Snow tires ordered and on the way.

Anyway, today when I was driving to work the brake pedal did not quite feel identical to how it has always been. I noticed that my car did not slow down as quickly as normal and my stopping distance seemed to be quite a bit longer. The brakes were much less effective than normal. After I parked my car at work I looked at the brakes and there were brown concentric rings on the front rotors on both sides of the car.

Did this happen because I was spinning my wheels at 2K-3K rpm and then applied the brake while at a stand still? I suppose I did not need to apply the brakes at all, but I did that out of habit for safety reasons to prevent from moving suddenly.

Do I need to have my brakes serviced now? I am hoping that nothing major is wrong and that the rotor and pad will clean each other up with braking during daily driving.

Anybody experience a problem like this before?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The burned areas seem to be gone form the rotors now. For a while the brakes were really ineffective especially when first starting up the car, it felt like it took forever to stop. They seem to be doing alright now, although I am not sure they are as good as new.