Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Car accident today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by knighthawk
You don't have to have insurance in nh if you own the car out right. only required to have it if you have a lean on the car in the state of nh.
But..... in the event of an at fault accident you get seriously raped b/c the state will require you to have a sr22 insurance to have a licence from that point on for a min of 3-5 years. this happened to my cusin.

Needless to say my ss has maximum full coverage that is available and my coverage also covers aftermarket parts as long as I have a receit for them and proof that they where on the car. Don't have any aftermarket yet but my truck i had befor had a hell of alot of money into it and i just kept the same coverage when i switched. needless to say my insurance agent that i go through is the ****.
Remind me to NEVER to go to New Hampshire. If that's true it's the ONLY state that I've ever heard of to not require liability. Comprehensive is optional pretty much everywhere as long as you own the car.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alleycat58
Remind me to NEVER to go to New Hampshire. If that's true it's the ONLY state that I've ever heard of to not require liability. Comprehensive is optional pretty much everywhere as long as you own the car.
thats why i got max coverage that includes uninsured moterist coverage
Old 01-09-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by umrdyldo
Wow that's a good deal.
damn straight! I'm even more excited about my car now then before he hit me.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grimlakin
Your lucky in Texas the police would have towed your car.
Untrue, a lot of people I know avoid generic traffic tickets specifically by not providing their insurance card. They just get a ticket for missing proof of insurance, which they can waive by bringing in a valid proof of insurance, and then don't get the traffic violation ticket.

Maybe it's different if you flat out tell them you're uninsured, but I haven't had that problem, so.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 PM

If he has insurance his insurance should cover it
Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 AM

I would guess the other guy's insurance should cover it. Just hope they don't try to contact your insurance company.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
I got rear ended a few weeks ago. I was all smiles.

I got a GT500 rear bumper, 4.10 Gears and a new paint job removing all my scratches and door dings. LOL! It was a win/win for me.
So, once you get in a wreck the insurance company just mails you a check? I thought they went through your repair shop?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have just been lucky enough not to have ever been in a wreck.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 AM

Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
a rear ender is always 100% the fault of the guy who hit you, and should be covered by his insurance. i know were i am if in this situation it would be the other way around, because the uninsured car shouldnt be on the road, and if it wasnt the accident wouldnt have happened.

basicly here if your driving illegally and are involved in an accident, your 100% at fault. another good example of this is if your drunk (0.08) and are driving down the street doing nothing wrong and a car blows through a red light and hits you, you are 100% at fault cause if you wernt there it wouldnt have happened.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 AM

i'm pretty sure if you don't have insurance in a wreck its automatically your fault
Old 01-11-2009, 02:43 AM

In Mississippi you don't have to have insurance, and it sucks, because I live on the Alabama/Mississippi line... and HISPANICS like to get P.O. Boxes in Mississippi and yet stay and work in Alabama, drive a $300 ******* dollar car without a dime's worth of insurance... don't like to stereotype but every case I've ever heard where someone has been hit like this, it involved a Mexican... I'm sure there are others pulling this crap as well, but the Hispanics are abusing it... its gotten so bad that pretty much cops here will pull over cars from Mississippi if they have suspicion the person may not have insurance(I.e. a Mississippi plate and being Hispanic)... Once again, yeah that probably is profiling, but its becoming more and more of a problem here...

And as bad of drivers as they are, they need damn good insurance
Old 01-11-2009, 04:44 AM

I've been rear ended when driving without insurance, they paid for my car...
Old 01-11-2009, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Need4Speed0to60
Damn that suxs, I'm doing my best to bring my insurance back up to current, and yea I'm making payments to my bank right now.
Some other people have already covered a few things and I'll reiterate that it's completely stupid to drive without insurance. I can understand tough times but doing that can be a great to really screw up your life as well as another driver's life for decades. Now whether you're insured or not has no affect on who is at fault in the accident, and in a rear end collision as you describe in nearly all states its the fault of the driver you hits you (some no fault state rules may be different). If you have normal insurance laws and the other driver was insured you should be okay.

Now unless it's some odd thing in your state, why are you looking to pay the last two months fees before they reactivate your insurance? I could see if you were behind and owed two months at the time they canceled, but most companies have you pay ahead a month and cancel when that month runs out. What I'd ask next would be if you can pay those fees and file a claim for that time you weren't covered. Can you guess what most insurance companies would say?

What I'd suggest is shop around for insurance and read up very carefully on it. I know you said you have no interest and just pay the bill, but that's a good way to end up paying way too much and not having the right coverage. Even if this does end up coming out of pocket consider it getting off easy. Imagine if you had accidentally plowed into another family and killed multiple people and were found to be at fault. I've seen it happen before and most people never fully recover from it. And get insured before your bank does it for you. They will only add collision/comp so you're still screwed in any accident and their rates are going to be way higher than anything you'll pay.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM

Thanks for all the tips and advice, I'm pretty sure his insurance company will be covering it no problem no questions asked, but just to be safe I'm getting the insurance pronto. The last insurance card I had says "expires in March 09" so I used that, and it passed lucky me. If all goes well I'll have a new rear bumper in no time.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 AM

come to think of it.. you might not even be canceled... (on your ins) esp if they are letting you pay it and not rewritting you.. that means you where probably in what they call a canx status. you probably had a certain date to pay by and it hasn't come up yet.. lucky you find out now and weren't driving around without ins period!

now remember in the future.. MOST ins companies will take just Half of a payment if you can't afford the whole thing that month.. but the rest WILL be on the following months bill... State Farm deff will i know this bc i work for them.. haha

good luck with everything
Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by samijo0703
come to think of it.. you might not even be canceled... (on your ins) esp if they are letting you pay it and not rewritting you.. that means you where probably in what they call a canx status. you probably had a certain date to pay by and it hasn't come up yet.. lucky you find out now and weren't driving around without ins period!

now remember in the future.. MOST ins companies will take just Half of a payment if you can't afford the whole thing that month.. but the rest WILL be on the following months bill... State Farm deff will i know this bc i work for them.. haha

good luck with everything
Thanks, I have to pay like $495 to reinstate or activate my insurance so to speak...and my rates went up to lol I'll be paying that this month

Originally Posted by Cobalt30
so 2 months behind is 1000 bucks? so your paying 500 a month? for a total of 6k a year?
Paying insurance rate for the 08 Hayabusa too, its a total of $500.

Last edited by Need4Speed0to60; 01-12-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 AM

Both times i've been pulled over the cop never even asked to see my insurance card
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Need4Speed0to60
Thanks, I have to pay like $495 to reinstate or activate my insurance so to speak...and my rates went up to lol I'll be paying that this month

Paying insurance rate for the 08 Hayabusa too, its a total of $500.
sounds to me like u are over your head in payments. I have 4 cars a 2002 being the oldest and a sport bike on my ins. all full coverage. and its not even $500 the diffrnce is that if it was $500 i could pay it. I dont understand why people just go out and buy cars and **** that have a $500 or $600 payment and think well thats the most i can afford but never look into the insurance and tags. The first thing i do when i am looking at a new car is call my ins. company and ask them to run so numbers for me.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned

Their are some companies who allow you to buy insurrance and have it marked at an earlier date .. You just need to find a cool insurrance agent that will do this for you .. Like a mom n pop shop..

Tell em your situation and they will help you. You better do this ASAP..

I would offer to buy a years worth of insurrance off them just to nice ... Sell what ever you have man !
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY
dood they wanted to charge me 415 full coverage for my balt. i was like HAH hey mom can i join your ins and have the car in your name? Suree. awesome... 150 a month YES!
$415? Jesus Christ. What'd you do? Run down a bunch of pedestrians while driving drunk without registration or something?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
$415? Jesus Christ. What'd you do? Run down a bunch of pedestrians while driving drunk without registration or something?
LOL

i pay 1500 a year for full coverage
im too lazy figure out what it would be monthly,
like 120-125 or somthing on my own company with the car in my name...

what i found out with car insurace companines is that it is manditory to shop around because some companies are on crack or somthing... back in Aug when i got my car i was 17 ans All State wanted 4000 a year, for PLPD i dint even respond i just hung up
Old 01-14-2009, 09:48 AM

Update on this, I just got the car estimated at thier claims center over $1600.00 in repairs so to split it up its about $900 bucks in parts I can spend, and $700 in labor, paint, etc....so if anyone is reading this I need some help finding a nice rear bumper basically I've got a $900 spending limit on whatever I want. Any suggestions??? Oh and my insurance is UP TO DATE too!!! :-)