Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

car won't start randomly

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car won't start randomly

My car has been acting funny lately. The battery isnt the greatest but I was driving it fine until I got to my friends house 1 day and the car wouldnt start up even with it on cables. I cant pop start the car even. It was acting funny one night the gaugues and dash back lights were going on and off. Also if I lock the doors now and unlock them I dont have the clicker so I use the key and I turn the key to stop the alarm from going off and it sets it off. I have no clue whats going on with my car. Maybe im security locked out someone please help me
Old 02-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
this is the performance section not the my car is broke section you need to post this in problems and service/maintenance and it is located here Problems/Service/Maintenance - Cobalt SS Network

get your charging system checked and do a relearn on the security system do a search/google it is on here how to do it
Old 02-24-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by tylerswerveee
My car has been acting funny lately. The battery isnt the greatest but I was driving it fine until I got to my friends house 1 day and the car wouldnt start up even with it on cables. I cant pop start the car even. It was acting funny one night the gaugues and dash back lights were going on and off. Also if I lock the doors now and unlock them I dont have the clicker so I use the key and I turn the key to stop the alarm from going off and it sets it off. I have no clue whats going on with my car. Maybe im security locked out someone please help me
First off: Get your battery checked. It could be voltage issue. Most auto parts places will check your battery and even recharge it for free.

Second: The alarm going off when you use the key on the door locks is normal. Its a security feature. Think of it as Chevy's incentive to buy a new one it if you ever lose it
Old 02-24-2014, 05:26 PM

I know the battery is no good but wouldnt I be able to pop start it and or jump it? The alarm starts going off after it goes beep until I put the key in the ignition stops for a second and then the whole car alarm goes off and the only way I can get it to.stop is by pressing the panic button on the clicker which is all that works