Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Codes P0068 & P0069

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Codes P0068 & P0069

I was making a U-turn today and gave it about half gas enough to get going, and hit 8lbs of boost (not even driving it hard) all of the sudden the car just goes limp on me. I shut it off for 30 seconds. Started it up and she ran decent except for idle on the way home. CEL was still on the whole way. I gave it some gas a bit later after driving, it stuttered at 10lbs of boost then went limp again. . . .

Thats when I read the codes, wrote em down, and deleted em with the OBDII reader. CEL is off now but I think the problem still exists. Havent gotten into boost since the delete. . . so it might be gone, but I doubt it

Thoughts?

Oh and I drive an 06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ GM stage II installed at dealer.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
p0068 code will throw the vehicle into reduced power mode. p0069 will not put vehicle in limp mode.

The powertrain control module (PCM) uses the following information to calculate an expected airflow rate:
• The throttle position (TP)
• The barometric pressure (BARO)
• The super charger inlet pressure (SCIP)
• The intake air temperature (IAT)
• The mass air flow (MAF)
• The engine RPM

If the PCM detects the airflow rate is more than expected, DTC P0068 sets.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the PCM detects that the BARO sensor signal and the SCIP sensor signal are not within a calibrated range of each other, whether that value is negative or positive, DTC P0069 sets.

if you have a scantool that has data on it, check your sensor data, sounds like one is out of spec. possibly baro or scip.check for poor connections at either sensor, maybe remove them and clean them. also can check for vac leaks or damaged throttle blade.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I just took her out and she's running fine. I was able to hit full boost and the idle is fine. It may be my imagination but it feels like there may be some extremely minute hesitations. . . who knows.

I'm no guru on with electronics and I actually borrowed the OBDII reader so if you could help me locate the SCIP and BARO sensor that would be awesome. Then I'll check their connections.

Thanks again
Old 12-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Bump. The same problem keeps happening and the dealership just looked at it. Any ideas
Old 12-13-2009, 11:26 AM

The scip is on the SC.

P0068
Inspect for the following conditions:

• Vacuum hoses for splits, kinks, and proper connections as shown on the Vehicle Emission Control Information label--Inspect thoroughly for any type of leak or restriction.

• Air leaks at throttle body mounting area and intake manifold sealing surfaces
I would take a really close look for a wear hole in the Cai if you have one and cover it with some tape for a temporary fix if you find one
Old 04-29-2010, 04:08 PM

I put a hydo shield on my intake and it seemed to take care of the problem. my thoughts are abit too much moisture getting sucked in and skewing the baro reading.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Revival, gonna have to log my sensors on the way home right now
Old 07-07-2012, 10:49 PM

I got this code only when my throttle body was super dirty.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tunerfreak91
I was making a U-turn today and gave it about half gas enough to get going, and hit 8lbs of boost (not even driving it hard) all of the sudden the car just goes limp on me. I shut it off for 30 seconds. Started it up and she ran decent except for idle on the way home. CEL was still on the whole way. I gave it some gas a bit later after driving, it stuttered at 10lbs of boost then went limp again. . . .

Thats when I read the codes, wrote em down, and deleted em with the OBDII reader. CEL is off now but I think the problem still exists. Havent gotten into boost since the delete. . . so it might be gone, but I doubt it

Thoughts?

I am having the same exact problem with my 06 cobalt ss/sc. It does the exact same thing and throws the same p0068 and p0069 codes. Did someone happen figure out what the problem was?? It's really getting to me because sometimes it's fine and will be normal and other times it says nope and goes into limp mode, I clear the code and instantly it runs fine until it decides to act up again of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:17 AM

Having the same problem as well. As soon as I give enough gas to go into boost while in third, "ding ding ding" MIL and limp mode. I've cleaned the MAF, replaced the SCIP and cleaned the throttle body. Idles great now, but still P0069. I'm going to try checking/replacing the BARO sensor next. Will post my results.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:23 PM

im having the exact same issue on my 06 ss/sc, Both codes, goes into limp mode when i try to boost almost every single time, checked the throttle body, its fine, replaced the baro, nothing happened, trying the scip today, hopefully it will fix it.... is it possible its the harness?? i had a shop tell me its possible its the harness but im not about to drop close to $500 on a harness if i dont need it. also when i turn the car over, it revvs rpms for about 20 seconds then evens out and also idles rough and almost dies when its in limp mode if i come to a stop. Is the idle issue possible the MAF/MAP? and if so, can someone please clear up the confusion for me, my research shows the MAP and the BARO are the same thing? as well as the MAP and the MAF?? or do the 06 ss/sc have all of those sensors separately? im just confused lol
Old 09-06-2016, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tunerfreak91

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Ashlen Satori Morgan
im having the exact same issue on my 06 ss/sc, Both codes, goes into limp mode when i try to boost almost every single time, checked the throttle body, its fine, replaced the baro, nothing happened, trying the scip today, hopefully it will fix it.... is it possible its the harness?? i had a shop tell me its possible its the harness but im not about to drop close to $500 on a harness if i dont need it. also when i turn the car over, it revvs rpms for about 20 seconds then evens out and also idles rough and almost dies when its in limp mode if i come to a stop. Is the idle issue possible the MAF/MAP? and if so, can someone please clear up the confusion for me, my research shows the MAP and the BARO are the same thing? as well as the MAP and the MAF?? or do the 06 ss/sc have all of those sensors separately? im just confused lol
Sorry to hear, this issue was a pain. With my 05' I ended up replacing the scip as well as cleaning the connector. I also removed and thoroughly cleaned the MAF sensor and its connector, cleaned the atmospheric baro sensor (located under the driver side of the fuel rail above the intake manifold) replaced all manifold hoses and wrapped duct tape around the air intake where it connects to the downpipe to the air filter housing (I was desperate). Cleared the codes went for a drive not going into boost, shut the car off, reconnected the scan tool and had zero codes and a green light. Took her for a spin immediately going into boost, haven't had the problem since!