Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

crank no start after machine shop valve job

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry crank no start after machine shop valve job

Sent everything off to the machine shop to get a basic valve job and cleaning done. Installed everything just as the last time I blew the car up, all connectors,grounds,etc. Hooked up and brand new spark plugs. Went to go start and all i get is crank, no start..... started thinking it was timing so i re-adjusted the timing just to make sure, got all done and still no start. Tested spark plugs,coils spark is all there and in good working order. Tested fuel pump and did a noid light test on injectors and all is in good working order. When i sent the headinto the machine shop i had to take the infamous camshaft sensor off but i did the correct procedure to re-install said sensor and still nothing. Spark plugs are very wet like its flooding itself or spark is not igniting fuel (bad fuel?) Did compression test and came back with 160 across all cylinders, did a leakdown test and came back with less than 10% leakage. Only code that came up was a B2961. I am doing all of this at school (college) and yesterday i was doing the timing and my buddy came up to me with a gas cap and asked me if it was mine, not even thinking anything about it i put itback on and went back to work, my teacher is just as stumped as i am he is a 20+ year mechanic. Any advice on further tests to perform? I started thinking today that maybe someone put something in my tank from one of the morning classes....could that maybe be the reason why the fuel is not igniting in the cylinder? At random times it almost wants ti start.

Anything at all would be helpful as i am out of options and running on very little patience.
Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM

its gotta be bad fuel maybe if you have a injector flusher try using that with clean fuel and see if the car runs but make sure your fuel pump relay is out while using injector flusher
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wasn't there another guy that had the same issue and it was two connectors mixed up that look the same.
Can't remeber which ones but come to think of it I think they said about them being purple but not sure.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Coblasts
Wasn't there another guy that had the same issue and it was two connectors mixed up that look the same.
Can't remeber which ones but come to think of it I think they said about them being purple but not sure.
Sounds like a cam sensor issue anyway, but it would start at some point. If you hold the key over and keep it cranking, does it ever sound like it's trying to catch?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Sounds like a cam sensor issue anyway, but it would start at some point. If you hold the key over and keep it cranking, does it ever sound like it's trying to catch?
Whesn holding gas pedal down it alost sounds like it would almost sound like it wants to catch but just keeps cranking
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Banned

I know this is unlikely but you didn't connect the coil packs or injectors up in the wrong order did you. They'd still work fine if you did but they just wouldn't be sending spark or fuel at the right time in the cycle.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 AM

Problem solved!!!! :-) my dumb self did the timing on the cam sensor wrong haha fml! FAIL