Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

CRASHED 2.2 08 ls coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRASHED 2.2 08 ls coupe PICS

I'm pissed... getting off an off ramp for the highway i was doing about 35 and the car didn't stick the turn, i ended up sliding right onto a curb and wrecking my front wheel assembly. looks like bool joints, axel, obviously rims, i'll get a quote tomorow and hopefully i'll get it fixed soon because i'm suppose to go on vaacation the 14th. doesn't look like that is happenning. it just powerslid because it was wet.. no body damage which is good, just the left front wheel assembly.... this sucks atleast i'm not injured and the air bags didn't deploy, but the check engine light came on... major disappointment, well i got a hockey game at 10 so i'll update this tomorrow, i'll get some pics, we had the car towed to the dealer, any suggestong would help, im new to this. hopefully it won't cost much, bye bye rims and hello high insurance...

car only has 4600 miles and already a crash, i was my fault because it was wet out and i should've been going slower, felt like i was on black ice, good thing no other cars were invovled and good thing there wasn't a gaurd rail, just a curb.. can't wai to see what this will set me back.

ADDED:

OK, so the dealership quoted me, $900-1000, plus whatever my wheels cost, might be a problem because they don't make them anymore, but i'm sure some company has some in stock... we went ahead and filed it with the insurance company because we have a clean driving record our rates won't go up at all. there is a $500 deductable but if i get 2 new rims and tires that would cost more then $500 right there.. and i was having trouble with one of the two that were damaged anyways, it was a slow leak, lost like 10 psi each week, pain in the butt. so if I get them replaced i think i made out, theres some paint on the front bumper, i'm not sure if they will replace it or not because it doesn't seem scrathed, that would be sweet if they could replace it with atleast an LT bumper with the fog lights, then i could just buy a lip turned out pretty well, i wanted to get new rims anyways but i wanted to go 19s, maybe i'll put these up for sale because they will be brand new, (2 of 4) and then buy 19's to really fill the Ls wheel well. here are pics, keep in mind that the right front tire is straight, while the left is disabled.

gotta love the front lip

Last edited by wbrevels; 08-11-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: pictures posted
Old 08-10-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first suggestion is learn to type
Old 08-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by wbrevels
i was slightly my fault because it was wet out and i should've been going slower
...so wouldn't that make it entirely your fault?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acey
...so wouldn't that make it entirely your fault?
I think it's his fault for not typing to Dead Zen's "satisphaxshun".

One of THOSE learning experiences....wet pavement, tight turns, slow down. In this case....do not repeat....
Old 08-10-2008, 09:51 PM

why would insurance go up, dont claim it and get it repaired

it might save u in the long run
Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks... Maybe get an SS that holds the road better??? LMAO!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
or dont do 35 around a corner when its wet...especially in a LS thats probably not lowered..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 AM

it is lowered. i'm not in the mood

Originally Posted by nikebaseballx00
why would insurance go up, dont claim it and get it repaired

it might save u in the long run

good advice, after the wote we'll see

Last edited by wbrevels; 08-11-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 AM

When the air bags are deployed, they generally total out the vehicle. I think they do that because they dont want to be held responsible if the "replacement" air bags fail.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dead Zen
first suggestion is learn to type
X2
Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 AM

well good luck with that.....my suggestion is dont claim it and fix it on ur own. get the parts out of the junkyard for way cheaper or shop ebay
Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by wordsthatiwrote
When the air bags are deployed, they generally total out the vehicle. I think they do that because they dont want to be held responsible if the "replacement" air bags fail.
I am not too sure about that....but it does cost A LOT of money to replace an air bag.....I could be mistaken but I heared it was around 3 grand.....thats why most cars get totalled when there air bags deploy. Again, i could be completely wrong about that.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Firebirdhorn
I am not too sure about that....but it does cost A LOT of money to replace an air bag.....I could be mistaken but I heared it was around 3 grand.....thats why most cars get totalled when there air bags deploy. Again, i could be completely wrong about that.
you can get both airbags off ebay for around 800
Old 08-11-2008, 12:14 AM

air bags didn't deploy, i was in a hurry and still pissed from the crash, i appoligize for the typos
Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 AM

well if they didnt deploy its an easy fix then...post up some pics
Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 AM

My point i was trying to make is that if he crashes again and the replacement bags fail. The company that installed the bags could be held liable for them not deploying. In the event that he could have been saved with a working set of air bags.

If I ran a company, I wouldnt take on that challenge. Not worth risking it IMO.

I'm pissed... getting off an off ramp for the highway i was doing about 35 and the MAYONAISE car didn't stick the turn, i ended up sliding right onto a curb and wrecking my front wheel assembly. looks like bool joints, axel, obviously rims, i'll get a quote tomorow and hopefully i'll get it fixed soon because i'm suppose to go on vaacation the 14th. doesn't look like that is happenning. it just powerslid because it was wet.. no body damage which is good, just the left front wheel assembly.... this sucks atleast i'm not injured and the air bags didn't deploy, but the check engine light came on... major disappointment, well i got a hockey game at 10 so i'll update this tomorrow, i'll get some pics, we had the car towed to the dealer, any suggestong would help, im new to this. hopefully it won't cost much, bye bye rims and hello high insurance...

car only has 4600 miles and already a crash, i was my fault because it was wet out and i should've been going slower, felt like i was on black ice, good thing no other cars were invovled and good thing there wasn't a gaurd rail, just a curb.. can't wai to see what this will set me back.
Sorry, Im stupid.

EDIT: took out the Fbomb and replaced it with a much cooler word. Its underlined in bold.

Last edited by wordsthatiwrote; 08-11-2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 AM

sorry to hear man.... but gotta ask, pics?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 AM

i did the same thing, and a friend of mine with a cobalt also hit a curb, his was a lot worse than mine, and mine sounds worse than yours. my half-axle popped out of the tranny. if i were you, make sure there is no damage to the transmission, make sure the axles is still in there, your cv joint is still good, as long as its just a broken steering knuckle, you can fix this, easily. so easy its not funny. insurance charged me $4200.

you can get a steering knuckle on ebay for $50.

fix it yourself. i would have if the axle didnt pop out.

it happens, dont sweat it. at least you didnt hit anyone else.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by BigTizzle903
sorry to hear man.... but gotta ask, pics?
pics will be up early tomorrow, i'm heading to the dealership around 7:30 am when they open

Originally Posted by bridfi
i did the same thing, and a friend of mine with a cobalt also hit a curb, his was a lot worse than mine, and mine sounds worse than yours. my half-axle popped out of the tranny. if i were you, make sure there is no damage to the transmission, make sure the axles is still in there, your cv joint is still good, as long as its just a broken steering knuckle, you can fix this, easily. so easy its not funny. insurance charged me $4200.

you can get a steering knuckle on ebay for $50.

fix it yourself. i would have if the axle didnt pop out.

it happens, dont sweat it. at least you didnt hit anyone else.

i may not have made it sound bad, but it looks bad and i'm almost positive the axel is shot, pics might tell, i'll get them tomorrow morning.

Last edited by wbrevels; 08-11-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 AM

Sorry to hear about that but bro the language. Google AdSense Bots browse the forum and they see words like that they can stop the redirects = not good for JonnyB!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:29 AM

EDITED, sorry, i was heated.. easy to understand
Old 08-11-2008, 12:31 AM

EDITED, sorry, i was heated.. easy to understand
Nah man it's cool, just not good when the Bots scan the boards and show it unfit for COOPA members.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by JPizzle
That sucks... Maybe get an SS that holds the road better??? LMAO!
Hehe yeah...no problems believe me. S curve? The LSJ laughs at s curves.

I think the problem is that you have to learn what your car can handle it's just that simple. If it's raining and your hydroplaning get your damn foot off the hammer folks.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:38 PM

bump for pics added
Old 08-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theneelster
Hehe yeah...no problems believe me. S curve? The LSJ laughs at s curves.

I think the problem is that you have to learn what your car can handle it's just that simple. If it's raining and your hydroplaning get your damn foot off the hammer folks.
Either that or you enter a turn a LITTLE too fast, realize you're being overzealous with the speed, and then SO many people want to hit the brake pedal (even subconsciously) and the weight transfer + low traction = doom. Yay for auto-x. Learning what not to do in an environment where the car doesn't sustain damage FTW.

Quick Reply: CRASHED 2.2 08 ls coupe