Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dealer left my moon roof open in a horrible rain fall.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer left my moon roof open in a horrible rain fall.

So I took my cobalt in to get the intercooler pump replaced on Wednesday. At first they were great. Said they would get it in as soon as possible and Take care of it. As I was leaving I herd a loud car come flying down the dealer road bouncing all over the place wippin into a parking spot. Not very happy about some kid ripping on my car, I mean he really got on of in the parking lot. Then I get a phone call around 6 is saying they didn't get my car in today and that I would need go get a rental if needed. I figured as any would they were busy no big deal. I went to enterprise to pick up my car and they stuck me with a damn mini van. Again I figured everyone was a little busy no biggy it's for one day. Now to give you an idea of how the rain was on this day. I work at a golf course and I run the pro shop there. It raind so hard in a matter. Of 15 min the ninth green and sand trap were under water and we had to close the course. That doesn't happen much. I didn't think much of it at the time but that shouldn't be something I normally worry about. Well I finally get a phone call around 5:00 on thursday but I couldn't answer it so they left a voice mail. The voice mail said we still working on your car and unfortunetly we had a little problem the sunroof was open and it got a little wet inside but were raki g care of it. A little wet is an understatment I think considering it poured. I have a 500 dollad cd player and a interceptor that sits on my dash not to mention my iPod was left in on accident and that prob got wet too. Going to look at it right now not to happy
Old 05-31-2009, 03:30 PM

so whats the update.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id be pissed, hence why i dont go to the dealer
Old 05-31-2009, 03:40 PM

Watch out! I bet the dealer is going to throw some BS about not being responsible for damage caused to your car when it is left overnight.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What thats crap, they better pay for any damages done and for clean up. And find that kid who was ripping in your car and beat the crap outta him. When I used to work at a dealer I always drove the customers cars with respect and didnt beat on them, I saved the beating for the managers demo lol, and I always made it a practice to close all the windows in the car just incase something like this were to happen. Cant imagine how you fell tho, id prob kill someone cause of their stupid mistake
Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 PM

youlllive bro don listen to these minors its wet is all .if the electronics are fucked state your case to these guys they already stated there mistake so they know here at fault . dont act like a fool like these guys are saying be a man and itll b e taken care f in an adult fashion believe me im the angriest ************ on the face of mother earth but when it comes to getting what you want thats not how i run my mouth be calm and collected otherwise youll **** yourself
Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 PM

picking it up tomorrow. Went in there and told them they needed to fix the problem and they said they were on it. They had to take out the whole carpet. They left me a message today saying something about the cd player. I just installed a double din about a week ago. So we will see what happens come tomorrow I'll let you guys know
Old 06-02-2009, 08:24 AM

updates?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM

update?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM

did you leave it open or did they open it?
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM

Updates
Old 06-02-2009, 06:10 PM

Well I got her back today and well let us just say she’s going right back tomorrow. I looked through the car as much as I could before I took the car. It looked good when it was inside so I figured they cleaned it out. I pulled in my driveway in the day light and proceeded to look it over again. As I pulled the seat back and looked at the seat frame a noticeable build up of rust was coating the metal frame. As I moved the pass. seat back I noticed there was rust all over the plastic and down in side the rear cup holder. As soon as I slid the seat forward plain as day there was rust spots were water and rust had built up and dripped down onto the carpet. After all that I opened my arm rest and for some reason again there was a build up of rust inside the whole thing. After I took of a couple of my center console pieces sure enough guess what you betcha rust all over. The electrical tape around the wires was coming undone and was all gooey like when it gets wet. Overall I am very unsatisfied with the job they did to clean the car. You bet your ass its going right back to the dealer tomorrow morning. Its a good thing I know the service manager, he’s a good customer of mine and he told me if I had any other problems to bring it in and they would take care of it. I think the only reason im as upset as I am with this is because my car was immaculate before I took it in there. There wasn’t a dirty spot in my interior I cleaned it for a show to days earlier. Now it looks like someone took rusty metal and slapped it all over my interior. Ill let you guys know what happens when I take it in tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM

what dealer is this? I live about 20 mins away from you lol
Old 06-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Srry to hear that bro, hope they get everything right for you
Old 06-02-2009, 06:21 PM

i'd sue them for this...

hopefully things work out for you!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 PM

The dealer is Al Serra and to be honest with you they are a great dealership i just happen to get the dumb ass that doesnt know how to shut the moon roof. I might just take the care up there and tell them to give me the best dame trade in possible on a a new TC or maybe even the Mustang GT they have on the lot.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM

^I'd make them work out a deal for a new 09 TC.........
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM

Damn man that's like an hour away from me.

Let us know what they say tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:29 PM

^ I should im not sure i would even know what to say. If i bitch enought maybe they will be like get this kid out of here and do whatever it takes lol. We will see i guess when i take it in there tomorrow. I think there was more water in the car than they made it seem.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned

I bought my truck thru their sister GMC dealership in Washington Township. They do have good service. They will take care of ya. Let me know if they don't.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
like asked above, did you leave the sunroof open or did the kid open it when he was driving?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by RBC
like asked above, did you leave the sunroof open or did the kid open it when he was driving?
i guess it doesnt matter right?

just like if you give them the car with the windows down, when they park it they'd close the window for you..
Old 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PenguinPIE
i guess it doesnt matter right?

just like if you give them the car with the windows down, when they park it they'd close the window for you..
Well my thought was if the kid opened it, is why? He should not be opening **** and taking it for a joy ride and should not be working there anymore. If you opened it, they should shut it, but no one should get fired.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by RBC
Well my thought was if the kid opened it, is why? He should not be opening **** and taking it for a joy ride and should not be working there anymore. If you opened it, they should shut it, but no one should get fired.
I had a dealer take a prospective customer out for a test ride in my personal car that was in for service.

My guess, from experience would be that the dealer left it down. 9 times out of 10 if I'm there when the car is ready to roll out of the service bay, they have it waiting with the windows down and sunroof open until they get ready to put it outside for you to pickup. Probably they forgot the sunroof.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
I had a dealer take a prospective customer out for a test ride in my personal car that was in for service.

My guess, from experience would be that the dealer left it down. 9 times out of 10 if I'm there when the car is ready to roll out of the service bay, they have it waiting with the windows down and sunroof open until they get ready to put it outside for you to pickup. Probably they forgot the sunroof.
ahhhh what?? that would deff be taking your car without permission=stealing. you should get something out of that

Quick Reply: Dealer left my moon roof open in a horrible rain fall.