Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dealer raw hiding in my CAR !?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer raw hiding in my CAR !?!?!

So I’m going to count to ten here to myself so I can calm down after a very bad week. Ok I’m ready now. So took my car in this morning to get my brakes machined and I was very happy with the service as usual my dealer did it very fast and they were very nice. So I go out side and as I’m waiting for my car I hear a high pitch noise getting increasingly louder and also a low pitch noise(from someone exhaust of course). I see my beautiful red Cobalt SS hauling around the building with the tires starting to loose grip. Sure my car can go from 0-60 in a decent time but the amount of time it takes me to get to irate is much faster. I jump out in front of him giving him the finger and waving my arms. He stops and turns the car off and opens the door. I started cursing him out , got right up in his face. After about 10 sec I tell him to get the F*** out of my car. He says "I’m sorry". Then I ask why he doesn't respect the place he works and he said he did. Of course through all of this I am yelling at the top of my lungs and he is responding in a very low tone trying to get it over with. My Brother followed the guy in and told the manager, well kind of yelling at her what he did. They told us the usual stuff to insure us the problem will be solved. Even though they said they were going to do something about it i still don't trust taking my car back there ever again. I'm going to be right a stern letter tomorrow and seeing where it goes from there. I can't express the anger i have right now. Ok I'm done. Any suggestions?
Old 01-21-2006, 05:01 PM

Well, First, Find out if he done any damage. Then find the ****, And pound his face in sand.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:05 PM

I was almost about to beat him to a pulp but i think a well written letter the the general manager will get the problem taken care of. I think the 40 year old hiuspanic had more than enough once he was done getting ripped by a 19 year old.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:10 PM

Thats "typical" Dealership **** there man. Thats why whenever my car goes to the dealership, someone from my family, or myself stay with the car. The beat on new cars, old cars, any car they can just for the hell of it. My dad was at the dealership the day his truck was delivered (SRT-10) because he knew the dweebs that work at the dealership would all take it out for a "little spin".

Sucks man, I hope the ******* didnt mess anything up... This is the first time I've ever heard about the violated car owner catching them in the act.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Definetly write the letter. Do not return to the dealer (if you have another choice) because no matter what they say or do you will always be troubled with a no trust situation. Life is to short for you to deal with that and money is to hard earned to put in the hands of idiots who don't respect you.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Man you should have kicked the **** out of him that why i do all my own work on my car because of ******** like that that dont respect other people stuff man if there is anything that pisses me off the most is when people mess with my car!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:12 PM

People like that should be fired the instant they go out of line. I never take my car to the dealer to get work done unless its warrenty, i do all of my own work but my brakes needed fixed so i had no choice and i wasn't going to pay to have it done myself. In the end its useless to go to jail for beating the **** out of a guy, just better off to make sure he has a hard time in the future.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I'd be pissed.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:19 PM

I would be pissed as well. I would have said exactly what u said
Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 PM

Do you know if that dealership is owned by another corporation?

A letter to the General Manager is very wise. A phone call would be better.

Also a letter to GM itself you probably get you some free **** specially if you threatin to get a lawyer involved.

Make sure that it is professional tho.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:27 PM
The Stig

Makes me mad to hear stories like this
Old 01-21-2006, 06:28 PM

I'll see where the Letter to the General manager gets me and if the correct action is not taken after that then it will be time to talk to be big guys.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by FL@SH
Do you know if that dealership is owned by another corporation?

A letter to the General Manager is very wise. A phone call would be better.

Also a letter to GM itself you probably get you some free **** specially if you threatin to get a lawyer involved.

Make sure that it is professional tho.

YES!! Definately.. A letter to GM would be nice too!! GM doesn't like that crap. And also when u get a survey card from GM make sure you fill that out after your experience bringing it in. I always get one after I had dealer work done
Old 01-21-2006, 06:31 PM

Yeah when i get my phone call i'll be surue to let them know whats on my mind.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS422
YES!! Definately.. A letter to GM would be nice too!! GM doesn't like that crap. And also when u get a survey card from GM make sure you fill that out after your experience bringing it in. I always get one after I had dealer work done
Yea the survey is very important. We get graded by those every month. Customer satisfaction is very high priority on GM's list
Old 01-21-2006, 07:19 PM

that sux many the dodge dealer i worked at fired a tech for beating up on a SRT4. about the GM not standing for abuse on at there facilties my uncle works at lordstown where they build the cars. hes been there for ever prob getting ready to retire. his position is the final "tester" before they take the car to a big parking lot. he rotates cars with i think 4 people and said you always know when there is a manual trans involved cuz you can hear the tires burning. he was telling me how they see what exactly the car will get up to as fast as it can. his explination for this was if its gonna break then they want it to break at the plant. just a tid bit of info.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gus RT
that sux many the dodge dealer i worked at fired a tech for beating up on a SRT4. about the GM not standing for abuse on at there facilties my uncle works at lordstown where they build the cars. hes been there for ever prob getting ready to retire. his position is the final "tester" before they take the car to a big parking lot. he rotates cars with i think 4 people and said you always know when there is a manual trans involved cuz you can hear the tires burning. he was telling me how they see what exactly the car will get up to as fast as it can. his explination for this was if its gonna break then they want it to break at the plant. just a tid bit of info.
They do that at the Jeep plant my father works at. He said 1 out of every 4 cars gets dynoed for peak performance. This insures the the car will be able to perform up to its standards and to ensure everything is correct.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:37 PM

You should of whipped it out and pissed on his shoes while you were berading him. Tell him it's better to be pissed off than pissed on........
Old 01-22-2006, 01:39 PM

ida been straight to the service manager , and made sure he was fired on the spot

wrecklessly driving your car is uncalled for

the dealers i worked for woulda fired the guy on the spot
Old 01-22-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chevypowered
So I’m going to count to ten here to myself so I can calm down after a very bad week. Ok I’m ready now. So took my car in this morning to get my brakes machined and I was very happy with the service as usual my dealer did it very fast and they were very nice. So I go out side and as I’m waiting for my car I hear a high pitch noise getting increasingly louder and also a low pitch noise(from someone exhaust of course). I see my beautiful red Cobalt SS hauling around the building with the tires starting to loose grip. Sure my car can go from 0-60 in a decent time but the amount of time it takes me to get to irate is much faster. I jump out in front of him giving him the finger and waving my arms. He stops and turns the car off and opens the door. I started cursing him out , got right up in his face. After about 10 sec I tell him to get the F*** out of my car. He says "I’m sorry". Then I ask why he doesn't respect the place he works and he said he did. Of course through all of this I am yelling at the top of my lungs and he is responding in a very low tone trying to get it over with. My Brother followed the guy in and told the manager, well kind of yelling at her what he did. They told us the usual stuff to insure us the problem will be solved. Even though they said they were going to do something about it i still don't trust taking my car back there ever again. I'm going to be right a stern letter tomorrow and seeing where it goes from there. I can't express the anger i have right now. Ok I'm done. Any suggestions?
thats why i never trust levaing my car at the dealer... i always right down the km the km\l that the car was at when i brought it in ( that wya if they do kill it then the km\l will go up and i will know!....)... im always worried bring my car to the dealer that why most the time if i can i stay there wiating and watching them do the work
Old 01-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Domestics Pwn

I dunno... I work at a dealer (mercedes) and I definitly drive customers cars pretty hard... Of course only when its NECESSARY to drive them... I dont just take joy rides.... and certainly not around the parking lot.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:18 PM

That is horrible, I'd get the police involved... charge the guy with something... joyriding?
Old 01-22-2006, 02:32 PM

I jump out in front of him giving him the finger and waving my arms
way to sacrafice yourself for ur car man. id do the same thing if i were u. i would of deffinty let my yelling continue as well. im actully a little pissed off for u cuz people are such scumbags.

ryan
Old 01-22-2006, 02:54 PM

I'd say demand a set of new tires for the dealer and also to get your money back for what services you had done to your car. Of course you’ll need to write up a good letter.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:00 PM

I am sorry to hear that bro. You should have them give a few free oil changes or somthing.

Quick Reply: Dealer raw hiding in my CAR !?!?!